These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon 1.1] Sisters of EVE Battleship

First post First post First post
Author
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2361 - 2014-02-27 02:53:02 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Do the new changes justify the current cost?

2/10 would not bang.
Mario Putzo
#2362 - 2014-02-27 02:53:49 UTC
I still wish Rise would make this a Black Ops logistic ship. Come on you know you wanna.
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2363 - 2014-02-27 02:57:53 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
I still wish Rise would make this a Black Ops logistic ship. Come on you know you wanna.

I'd rather have it as is (including sisi changes)+covert ops cloak P
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#2364 - 2014-02-27 03:08:58 UTC
I still say, drop the scanning and hacking bonuses and add a ship array for 1-2 frigates, a 500-1000m³ corp hangar and a penalty removal for cloaks. Maybe throw in a +2 warpcore strength, thought that may be pushing it.

That would make it unique and fit into the role as exploration support vessel.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2365 - 2014-02-27 06:24:59 UTC
I was thinking a few matches and some nitrogen isotopes...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2366 - 2014-02-27 13:40:24 UTC
I was trying to figure out why people feel the Nestor absolutely needs a covert ops cloak in the other Nestor thread and, I admit, I still don't get it. I agree the ship needs something, but I think a CovertOps is way to strong. I did have an idea which, at the time was something off the top of my head, but has grown on me the more I've thought about it.

Considering the SoE have the most advanced probe tech available, it's plausible they could have found ways to prevent their ships from being detected by probes.

Instead of a full blown cloaking bonus perhaps the Nestor could be immune, or be extremely resistant, to probe scans. It would still show up on directional, and there would be no effect when on grid. This would give the Nestor a fair amount of evasiveness when not engaged, while eliminating some of the offensive and defensive capabilities a covert ops cloak has in the local grid.

We still need something to replace the terrible analyze/hack bonuses :P

Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2367 - 2014-02-27 13:46:55 UTC
Divi Filus wrote:
For those not watching Singularity, the current build has a few tweaks for the Nestor:

• The large rep range bonus has been increased to 200% (large armor reps will now work out to 25.2km)
  • Capacitor capacity has increased from 6200 to 7000, and capacitor recharge time has been reduced from 1044s to 1025s; this brings average cap/s up from 5.9 to 6.8 (before skill modification)
  • Base scan resolution has increased from 85mm to 125mm

Also, for what it's worth, its ship preview background has finally been changed to Gallente. Everything else seems to be the same, though I might've missed something small.

If the price came down to a reasonable level, I could see myself using a Nestor on a regular basis. It's not an amazing ship, but the core stats are solid enough to make it capable enough in a fight. It still needs to loose the extra, completely useless roll bonuses though.
Damien White
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2368 - 2014-02-27 18:40:04 UTC
They will not go down, unless the smaller ships get a huge nerf.

97% of girls would die if Justin Bieber were about to jump off a cliff. Post this in your sig if you`re part of the 3% yelling,

"DO A BARREL ROLL!"

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2369 - 2014-02-28 01:09:05 UTC
Damien White wrote:

Yes, but aren't the Astero and Stratios at fairly reasonable prices at this point?

Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2370 - 2014-02-28 13:20:41 UTC
Damien White wrote:

Grinding LP isn't the only way to get SoE BPCs anymore, there are also drops in the drone regions, so the ship prices have a little more freedom to fluctuate independently of LP price.

The effect is already being seen in the Nestor's price, which has already dropped over 100m in the last week. Not a surprise considering the cost/benefit ratio/
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2371 - 2014-02-28 23:37:37 UTC
Steph Livingston wrote:

The effect is already being seen in the Nestor's price, which has already dropped over 100m in the last week. Not a surprise considering the cost/benefit ratio/

I think that is more that people just aren't buying Nestor.
Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2372 - 2014-03-05 15:05:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Steph Livingston
So, I played around with the changes a little bit and would like to put down my thoughts.

Unfortunately, I'm both not a Logi pilot, and completely out of practice fitting ships, so take my feedback with a grain of salt.

The distance and capacitor recharge changes are welcome changes to the Nestor. I didn't do a full Logi boat, but the additional distance and cap recharge bonus did make it a little easier for me to support my friend in testing. I was only running two RRs in my highs, and I didn't feel like my cap was strained, but I have no idea how well this stands up to Logi Frigs and Cruisers.

Overall, the Nestor feels fairly balanced now. It's a decent ship, just not worth the current price (which isn't controlled by CCP, and I assume is going to go down over time).

The only Criticism I have is that when I was using it as a Support / Logi BS the slot layout feels... off. I know it has a 7/6/6 layout to help with things like the Hacking/Analyzing, but I felt like my low slots were too limited and med slots were too plentiful. Like I said, I'm out of practice fitting ships, but I felt like I should have been able to fit a little more tank on a Gallente/Amarr hybrid. The Nestor doesn't have the advantage of speed tanking, like the smaller Logis, so it needs something to keep it in the fight.

I've said how bad the Nestor is at Analyzing/hacking compared to the alternatives, dropping those role bonuses and swapping one mid slot to a low, giving it a 7/5/7 layout, seems like a pretty good tradeoff. It would definitely entice me into taking mine out of the hanger more often.
Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2373 - 2014-03-05 15:09:14 UTC
-- Double Post --
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2374 - 2014-03-05 15:26:06 UTC
Steph Livingston wrote:
Overall, the Nestor feels fairly balanced now. It's a decent ship, just not worth the current price (which isn't controlled by CCP, and I assume is going to go down over time).

So here's the $1-billion question then… How much under $1-billion would the proposed Nestor be worth to you at this point?

Gustav Mannfred
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#2375 - 2014-03-05 16:53:42 UTC
the ships need really some love, the same for astero and stratios too. The nestor costs 1.5 bil isk and is not better than a dominix. A dominix cost less than 10% of a nestor and does it better.

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
10% to large energy turret optimal range(was armor resis bonus)

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to drone tracking and optimal range(was remote repair bonus)
150% bonus to large energy turret damage(was remote repair range)
50% bonus to large energy turret signature radius (from 400 to 200)(was optimal range for energy turrets)
50% increased strength for scan probes
+10 virus strength for relic and data analyzers

Slot layout: 6H(-1), 7M(+1), 6L; 4 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 17250(+6000) PWG, 1000(+320) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 11500(+2600) / 11000(+1050) / 11000(+200)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 9000 / 1000 / ?
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 132(+40) / .09(-.09) / 112000000(+56000000) / 13.97
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 400(-100)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 95(+20)km / 135(+50) / 8(+1)
Sensor strength: 25(+1) Magnetometric
Signature radius: 540(+75)
Cargo Capacity: 800(+100)

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2376 - 2014-03-05 16:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Gustav Mannfred wrote:
the ships need really some love, the same for astero and stratios too. The nestor costs 1.5 bil isk and is not better than a dominix. A dominix cost less than 10% of a nestor and does it better.

But, but… it's white.

Silivar Karkun
Doomheim
#2377 - 2014-03-05 17:06:15 UTC
Gustav Mannfred wrote:

NESTOR

Amarr Battleship Bonuses:
10% to large energy turret optimal range(was armor resis bonus)

Gallente Battleship Bonuses:
10% drone damage and hitpoints per level

Role bonuses:
50% bonus to drone tracking and optimal range(was remote repair bonus)
150% bonus to large energy turret damage(was remote repair range)
50% bonus to large energy turret signature radius (from 400 to 200)(was optimal range for energy turrets)
50% increased strength for scan probes
+10 virus strength for relic and data analyzers

Slot layout: 6H(-1), 7M(+1), 6L; 4 turrets, 0 launchers
Fittings: 17250(+6000) PWG, 1000(+320) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 11500(+2600) / 11000(+1050) / 11000(+200)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / cap/s) : 9000 / 1000 / ?
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 132(+40) / .09(-.09) / 112000000(+56000000) / 13.97
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 400(-100)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 95(+20)km / 135(+50) / 8(+1)
Sensor strength: 25(+1) Magnetometric
Signature radius: 540(+75)
Cargo Capacity: 800(+100)

just use a nightmare with not scanning and drone bonuses.........this ship is meant to be armor tanked.....
Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2378 - 2014-03-05 17:09:14 UTC
I don't have access to the market right now, and I can't remember the last time I actually checked the numbers, so I'll give me answer in the relative cost of other Pirate BS.

In the current form, with the 7/6/6 layout, I would put it's worth around that of the Rattlesnake. If I remember correctly, that's the low end of the spectrum. Placing a focus on the Logi side has made it a better ship, but it still feels like it's suffering from that lack of focus it had earlier on. I would like to here what a dedicated logistics pilot would say about it, but I think it's in a much better position than it was before.

If it was given a 7/5/7 layout, I'd could see it being worth more. I'd still pay less then a Nightmare or Mach, but I think it would have enough focus to pull it's weight.

I know I in a previous post I said the price was coming down due to the drone drops, but I was mistaken. The current price is due to supply and demand, and the drops are supposed to start with 1.3 (as I understand, I have been wrong before). Hopefully we'll start seeing prices drop more quickly when that happens.
Steph Livingston
Neko's Blanket
#2379 - 2014-03-05 17:14:04 UTC
Gustav Mannfred wrote:

CCP didn't decide on the price, players decided what the SoE LP should be, and that's been the deciding factor for how expensive their ships would be. If you look at the ships, and not the costs, they're pretty balanced as Pirate faction ships.

Once the drone region drops start, and the BPCs aren't reliant on the LP store, I expect we'll see the price on the Nestor change drastically.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2380 - 2014-03-05 17:50:48 UTC
Steph Livingston wrote:
Once the drone region drops start, and the BPCs aren't reliant on the LP store, I expect we'll see the price on the Nestor change drastically.

By 2/3's? That might be a tad optimistic...