These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Probably the WORST event I've wasted my time on in my 10 years of EVE ...

First post First post
Author
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1041 - 2013-11-12 11:57:05 UTC
Kay Charante wrote:
Why would I want to read one more page back.
When I have all ready looked at 40 pages of crying
Thanks for reposting all that tho

There are trolls who do it so much better than you though,
Although practice is helpful, it may be better to read and learn from some of the more experienced ones.

Remember it is far better to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and prove it.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

MadMcMax Ornulf
Extraction Point
#1042 - 2013-11-12 12:12:17 UTC
If anything, the New Player Training : Teamwork later today should be interesting
in light of recent events? Perhaps the Live event should have taken place after this?
Just a thought CCP, or maybe you can run it again?
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1043 - 2013-11-12 12:19:25 UTC
MadMcMax Ornulf wrote:
If anything, the New Player Training : Teamwork later today should be interesting
in light of recent events? Perhaps the Live event should have taken place after this?
Just a thought CCP, or maybe you can run it again?

What did they run before? Roll /sarcasm
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1044 - 2013-11-12 12:21:26 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kay Charante wrote:

Although practice is helpful, it may be better to read and learn from some of the more experienced ones.

Remember it is far better to be thought a fool than open one's mouth and prove it.

Oh how epic did you just own a troll? Bravo, but please don't feed them as it distracts from the topic which is a serious one.
Kay Charante
Bastanolds
Rogue Caldari Union
#1045 - 2013-11-12 12:28:33 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kay Charante wrote:

Umm I am no troll just saying what I see and if the truth of that is trolling then I
Am in the wrong job

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1046 - 2013-11-12 13:43:52 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kay Charante wrote:

Oh how epic did you just own a troll? Bravo, but please don't feed them as it distracts from the topic which is a serious one.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I promise to behave.Cool

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1047 - 2013-11-12 14:23:31 UTC
Folks, two things of note.

Supposedly, if CCP Goliath's tweets are to be believed, CCP is releasing a dev blog about the Live Event. When, no one knows, given how exhausted they are from high fiving each other and the null sec cartel leadership at last week's party where they live streamed the carnage.

Secondly, on Thursday, numerous CCP employees will be on twitch TV to gloat over all the changes they are making to the game with Rubicon. But the big one will be the direction of the game that will be presented by seagull. Expect to hear a lot about high sec being dismantled.
Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#1048 - 2013-11-12 14:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Maximus Aerelius
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Supposedly, if CCP Goliath's tweets are to be believed, CCP is releasing a dev blog about the Live Event. When, no one knows, given how exhausted they are from high fiving each other and the null sec cartel leadership at last week's party where they live streamed the carnage.

Secondly, on Thursday, numerous CCP employees will be on twitch TV to gloat over all the changes they are making to the game with Rubicon. But the big one will be the direction of the game that will be presented by seagull. Expect to hear a lot about high sec being dismantled.

Well with that in mind (and still unverified AFAIK) have a glance at the following:

Screenshots from this morning. Bearing in mind this was early on a working day for EU TZ and I suspect while US TZ were asleep and Moscow\Russia was 11:00 with Australia in Prime Time at 1800hrs

High Security Space
Average Number of Pilots were in the last 30 minutes are located.

And these stats provided by a post that Killerjock posted:

Inferno: Capsuleer Populations

Now I wonder how many will keep subscribing if they lose the ability to dip in and out of EVE due to IRL time constraints, family\work commitments and how that will affect not only the interaction but the players AKA customers who help out the rookies, stream, post blogs, assist in Rookie Help and nay other number of things in EVE.

Interesting if this is the plan to do away with High Security space but we will see. I think it's evident that more of the customer base that subscribe\PLEX to EVE Online remain in High-Sec not for the fear or the security but for the convenience and lack of time to commit to alliances, wars, etc.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1049 - 2013-11-12 14:50:06 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Well with that in mind (and still unverified AFAIK) have a glance at the following:

Screenshots from this morning. Bearing in mind this was early on a working day for EU TZ and I suspect while US TZ were asleep and Moscow\Russia was 11:00 with Australia in Prime Time at 1800hrs

High Security Space

Now I wonder how many will keep subscribing if they lose the ability to dip in and out of EVE due to IRL time constraints, family\work commitments and how that will affect not only the interaction but the players AKA customers who help out the rookies, stream, post blogs, assist in Rookie Help and nay other number of things in EVE.

Interesting if this is the plan to do away with High Security space but we will see. I think it's evident that more of the customer base that subscribe\PLEX to EVE Online remain in High-Sec not for the fear or the security but for the convenience and lack of time to commit to alliances, wars, etc.

Yes the beauty of hisec is that if you have a spare hour or even half hour you can get some things done,
If you have more time, you can follow a wormhole wherever it goes and have some fun, or do some exploring in null or get in a group and taunt people in losec.
All valid playstyles, but without hisec and it's ability to drop in and out, you might play for a couple of weeks when you have time on weekends and holidays, but because you lose the routine of signing in each day you soon forget.
Signing in to update the skill queue is not play and really doesn't count.

Kay Charante
Bastanolds
Rogue Caldari Union
#1050 - 2013-11-12 14:54:03 UTC
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

High Security Space

Ok where in the world did this ccp getting rid of hi sec come from. That would never happen. And I am not trolling
But that's just crazy talk.
Zero Bastanold
Doomheim
#1051 - 2013-11-12 15:05:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Zero Bastanold
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

I don't think ccp would get rid of hi sec they would lose a lot of paying subscribers.
They might have cocked up this live event but I don't think there that dumb.
Hi sec is as much as importants to the game as low and null.
Plus the fact there bringing out custom offices for hi sec players to put up in hi sec.
I think your trying to make more problems then there all rdy is by saying that
Halaxi
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#1052 - 2013-11-12 15:08:43 UTC
They wont be getting rid of Hi-Sec, stop being pants-on-head ********, people.

Changing the interaction and control over capsuleers by the Empires, on the other hand...

Hal.
Why yes, yes I am going to shoot you.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#1053 - 2013-11-12 15:10:01 UTC
Kay Charante wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

High Security Space

Ok where in the world did this ccp getting rid of hi sec come from. That would never happen. And I am not trolling

Guess you have not been keeping up on game changes, and the new CCP marketing.
I should have made it more clear. Not "dismantling high sec", but "dismantling high sec as we know it today".
Yes, CCP will keep something that they will call "high sec", but it will be nothing like what we have today.

The handing off of high sec PoCo taxes to the null sec cartel's is just the tip of the iceberg of what is coming.
And let's not forget how much wealth was directly transferred from high sec to null sec with the ice mining changes, (20% of the ice product demand had to come from null sec with the last set of changes, or the slowly crashing prices of low end minerals as null sec got a huge gift with massive buffs.

Read the posts on the main general discussion thread, where 2 of the CSM's null sec cartel reps are openly gloating about how much high sec is getting hammered in their "vision" of Eve.

Will high sec as we know it be wiped out by the next release? Of course not. It takes time to overhaul something as entrenched as what we have today. But it is coming. The null sec cartels have never been a powerful and influential ingame and out of game, as they are today, and they are demanding that CCP give them more control of the game's economy, and CCP, every day, gives them a little more.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1054 - 2013-11-12 15:10:11 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Zero Bastanold wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

I don't think ccp would get rid of hi sec they would lose a lot of paying subscribers.

I truly hope that this will not be the case.

Politicians too make decisions that are hopelessly misguided and destructive though.

The reason is usually lobbyists.

Whether in RL from big Business or in game from NULLsec power blocks.

The effect is the same, where they convince those in power, that their issues are the important ones.

It is quite possible that CCP are shocked by the reaction to Thursdays events, they were convinced by the lobbies that things would be welcomed once players were shown the way and good for EvE.

That worked well.

It might be wise to take the lobbyists advice with a pinch of salt, because if CCP were awoxed and not just Thursdays attendees then the lobbyists went too far and also hurt their group as well as all eve.

It is natural for any organised group to attempt to influence others.

It is a requirement of any successful body to defend against it becoming unbalanced.

So It is normal to be influenced by lobbyists, the question is did it become unbalanced and harmful to CCP and the wider game community.

Zero Bastanold
Doomheim
#1055 - 2013-11-12 15:14:15 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Zero Bastanold wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Politicians too make decisions that are hopelessly misguided and destructive though.

Whether in RL from big business or in game from NS Cartels.

The effect is the same, where they convince those in power, that their issues are the important ones.

I really don't think it will be the case.
Hope it won't be.
If any think if they wanted more null and low space they would just add extra systems in.
Think how many players are in hi sec
It would be eves down fall if that was to happen
Enaya Radur
Sabotage Incorporated
#1056 - 2013-11-12 15:26:56 UTC
Not saying anything after now 2 working days is quite an insult to concerned player base.

At first I was curious, now I'm starting to get pissed. Why?

Not because of event, or participants of any origin, but about CCPs silence.

2 working days is more that anough to analyze something and write a blog/stament/post.

I'm starting to get pissed because I want to believe players count for something and that 50 pages of anger will not be met with ignorance and silence.

That is rude and wrong.

I hope to see the official account of events or something soon.

I hope to see players matter.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1057 - 2013-11-12 15:31:52 UTC
Zero Bastanold wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Zero Bastanold wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Whether in RL from big business or in game from NS Cartels.

I really don't think it will be the case.
Hope it won't be.
If any think if they wanted more null and low space they would just add extra systems in.
Think how many players are in hi sec
It would be eves down fall if that was to happen

Knowing human nature, large groups do not want a bigger pie, they want a bigger share of it.

Zero Bastanold
Doomheim
#1058 - 2013-11-12 15:33:05 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Kay Charante wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

High Security Space

I should have made it more clear. Not "dismantling high sec", but "dismantling high sec as we know it today".
Yes, CCP will keep something that they will call "high sec", but it will be nothing like what we have today.

The handing off of high sec PoCo taxes to the null sec cartel's is just the tip of the iceberg of what is coming.
And let's not forget how much wealth was directly transferred from high sec to null sec with the ice mining changes, (20% of the ice product demand had to come from null sec with the last set of changes, or the slowly crashing prices of low end minerals as null sec got a huge gift with massive buffs.

Read the posts on the main general discussion thread, where 2 of the CSM's null sec cartel reps are openly gloating about how much high sec is getting hammered in their "vision" of Eve.

Will high sec as we know it be wiped out by the next release? Of course not. It takes time to overhaul something as entrenched as what we have today. But it is coming. The null sec cartels have never been a powerful and influential ingame and out of game, as they are today, and they are demanding that CCP give them more control of the game's economy, and CCP, every day, gives them a little more.

I miss understood what you was saying befor but you say handing of poco's to null players I don't think it will be as bad as what u think most major null sec alliances are at constant war with hi sec mercs I don't think they will take over as much as you might think and if that is the case just need to make a hi sec alliance with every corp in hi sec and kick the null sec players out
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1059 - 2013-11-12 15:42:52 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Zero Bastanold wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Kay Charante wrote:
Maximus Aerelius wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

High Security Space

I miss understood what you was saying befor but you say handing of poco's to null players I don't think it will be as bad as what u think most major null sec alliances are at constant war with hi sec mercs I don't think they will take over as much as you might think and if that is the case just need to make a hi sec alliance with every corp in hi sec and kick the null sec players out

Unfortunately that is then nullsec with a different name.
No different to goons v test.

That is what we are afraid they are lobbying for.
And what we mean when we say they want to turn hisec into nullsec just with a slightly different mechanic.

I do not believe that CCP are being malicious, and trying to hurt hisec people, I believe that they are taking very bad advice.

Zero Bastanold
Doomheim
#1060 - 2013-11-12 15:53:30 UTC
Yes I agree it sounds like there taking bad advice.
But unfortunately we will have to wait and see how this turns out
Because I don't think there's any thing that will stop these changes happening.
It will be very interesting to see how all this turns out