These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#1041 - 2013-08-31 07:38:14 UTC
Gustav Mannfred wrote:
why making the marauders slower? even a nidhoggur is faster then a paladin or golem

they should keep theyr actual mobility, could be even better...

Silly question they are making them slower so they can do drag race with orca. Roll

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Gummi Worm
Tarot Club
#1042 - 2013-08-31 07:46:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Gummi Worm
bastion module:

I think bonus of falloff and optimal need + 30% instead of 25% because, kronos/vargur have some problem with range/dps, and golem can use cruise within 200km without losing dps.

Use heavy water or something like this, remember people use marauder for salvaging and need a lot m^3.

Instead 70% MJD time reduction , give -50% cap reduction / + 25% speed for afterburner, nobody wanna use MJD in mission
May Wanderdriven
The Driven
#1043 - 2013-08-31 07:52:52 UTC
I really like that change besides the 'transformer' like thing. It gives me a 'shallow' taste that is there to seek 'broader audience' (if you know what I mean). If you want my opinion, get rid of it, make a huge ass gun come out of the middle or something and we're cool. cheers for the idea at any rate.
Matari Akiga
Doomheim
#1044 - 2013-08-31 08:14:34 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
Why on the love of God does EVERYONE want them to be Solo PvP or Fleet Fight specialized!?

Its a PvE / Small(medium) Gang Supporter! God damn it!

Edit: And i am also approving where the balancing lead us as whole, CCP dont let you misslead from some stubborn old/young veterans! Thanks.

I can only reply to this in the context of what I know because I fly it, which is the Kronos.

We are not looking for it to be a solo wtfbbqpwnmobile every ship should have a role that it fits well and in this case losing the web bonus is a massive nerf to the Kronos that actually removes most of its possible roles, talking PVE with the reduced drone bay and the removal of the web bonus you are almost forced to MJD away from the enemy frigate spawns to snipe the frigates before they can get under your guns, rinse and repeat until the frigates are gone then MJD back towards the larger spawns to shoot them.

For incursions no remote reps while in bastion mode and good luck fitting enough local tank to survive 60 seconds without external reps, not that it will be an issue because the thing that the Kronos did well slowing the enemy and applying its DPS well is now gone with the removal of the web bonus, it was its dual ability that made it a good ship to have in an incursion fleet.

For PVP in a small gang it wont be used as a brawler as there are far faster more agile ships that out perform it massively the best example being the Vindi which has the web bonus so is also very useful against small ships, but a blaster Talos could achieve the same or better results whilst representing a much smaller financial risk, greater speed, greater agility and smaller signature.

For sniper fits anything above 150 KM in range is generally not a good idea because of the probe mechanics and there are a great many fits that can apply good DPS out to 150 KM without making the ship immobile and presenting a very nice opportunity to get a nice 1 bil + kill mail.

I can see what CCP were aiming for with these changes but with the loss of the web bonus the Kronos loses what made it a good (not great but good) ship and less than half the ammo consumption of a Vindi is not enough to warrant using it anymore IMHO.

TL:DR Kronos needs the webs back to be good.

CCP dont need to change everything to suit your play style.

Improvise, adapt and overcome!

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1045 - 2013-08-31 08:30:42 UTC
im thinking these ships need to be fitted with capital guns n take them down to 3 turret/missiles, make it so in bastion mode they are great up outside they are poor (weapon wise)
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#1046 - 2013-08-31 08:47:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
Tauranon wrote:
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
'Quit bitching about something that is doing nothing to hurt your current gameplay and is, in fact, making it easier.'

no it wonk make it easier it will make it more boring and if i don't use module all i got is nerfed dps slow(nerfed) brick.

I already use a blaster kronos, I can't see that it will always be slower, because that's a setup that is going to be highly improved when it can project its 1600dps further...

edit : not quite 1600 anymore stupid drone...

Bloody forums ate my post...

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#1047 - 2013-08-31 08:47:51 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Mina Sebiestar wrote:
'Quit bitching about something that is doing nothing to hurt your current gameplay and is, in fact, making it easier.'

no it wonk make it easier it will make it more boring and if i don't use module all i got is nerfed dps slow(nerfed) brick.

I already use a blaster kronos, I can't see that it will always be slower, because that's a setup that is going to be highly improved when it can project its 1600dps further...

edit : not quite 1600 anymore stupid drone...
Having more falloff does not allow you to project 1600 dps further, losing the web bonus means actually it will be worse, because you only hit that at 6.75km or below (Void L), and without the web bonus, your targets transversal just went up by 400%

People (not you) often fall into the mistake of quoting optimal plus falloff and the dps number from the fitting sceeen - I blame EFT... you dont want to be in falloff in a 'true' blaster boat, you want to be at optimal with the target as near to stationnary as possible- You want 90% webs, not a falloff bonus.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Octoven
Stellar Production
#1048 - 2013-08-31 09:03:41 UTC
When I first saw Fozzie's post about them and the new cool theme to go with it, I thought to myself oh great, when CCP says cool theme. it usually means taking a ship that does very well in its current role, putting it in an ass backward role and ******* it up for that role as well. I would just like to say, thanks CCP for proving me right once again.

Essentially you are making a mini dread at a fraction of the cost and this is good how? To be honest, whats the deal with the MJD bonuses, are there seriously not enough people using your new mod that you have to stick it on T2s? The ships would have been a lot more useful retaining other bonuses such as sensor damp, web, tracking disrupt....stuff that really makes pvp nice. MJD may be a valid tactical module; however, they are pointless if you are fit to brawl in CQ with another BS. I would think your whole, "taking it our of one specific use and giving it other uses" would apply here as well. If you truly want that, then take the MJD bonus back off and put the other bonuses on.

The whole idea of the mini-dread seems **** all ridiculous to me. I was really surprised you guys actually went all out to make us think it was going to be a proper re balance. Most were thinking of minor/major changes to bonuses and such like the other ships were, not redesigning the whole bloody ship. I would suggest taking these changes and applying them toward a future NEW T2 BS class :p
Grombutz
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1049 - 2013-08-31 09:20:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Grombutz
The initial Idea is quite, amazing, but it is lacking more brain.

What's the point of Marauders with this? You won't use the bastion in PvE (neither missions, nor incursions) as the benefits are almost non-existant (especially for missiles). You won't use it in PvP either, as it screws your survivability (ironic, isn't it?).

Bastion sounds really cool, but for gods sake:

Give it an increase in DMG (12,5% / 25%), and an increase in damage application (Optimal/Falloff + tracking for turrets, Ex-rad for missiles) so that it becomes a worthwhile button to press for the inherent drawbacks (no movement, no remote assistance etc.). And for the love of god, remove that weapon-timer.. thanks.

TLDR: Damage BONUS FFS - marauders are allready a joke compared to pirate BS (although the costs are roughly equal while training time is much higher). Giving them more tank won't solve this issue.

Edit:

MJD is meh - only noobs (without proper tank/gank) and Domi pilots (AFK WITH DA SENTRY!) are using it in PvE. PvE doesn't have much 100+ KM travel, so yeah, let's use it to reach that 50km gate faster - oh, wait.

While I do think MJD's are cool, they are too much of a niche to deserve a bonus on ships used for different purposes 99% of the time. You want to change that ok, but: we don't want to have Marauders pressed into a role so you don't have to care about the true problems with the plattform (which is the comparision with Pirate BS).

We don't want an akward solution for ships that require THAT much time to train. If you make them useless for the purpose they allready have, you are screwing us over. We've expected an improvment to these ships (as they are not competive atm), and not a bandaid fix which doesn't solve the issues we are having.

ALSO:

40KM Tractor range is hilarious (and a very stupid joke) if paired with MJD.
PavlikX
Scan Stakan
HOLD MY PROBS
#1050 - 2013-08-31 09:24:32 UTC  |  Edited by: PavlikX
Well... I am not sure that i like all ideas.
Increase fitting possibilities - good
MJD bonus - in general good i think....
Bastion module - i guess bad. It would be great if we can use some of it's bonuses without bastion module. But when this thing active this is not a marauder ship anymore - it is space turret
Decrease mobility - bad.
Decreased dronebay - bad (not main problemm anyway)
1 more med or low slot would be much much better than additional 1 high slot
Sensors must be buffed to the T1 BS levels
There must be 125% damage role bonus to free bonus slot to the something else. For example MWD or AB speed/cap usage/fitting bonus. Because MJD can be used in PvE with AB or MWD only to make fly to the gates and wrecks after 100 km jumps. Who will use it in solo PvP after that?

So, i would be satisfied with this bastion module in case we will have 125% damage role bonus and additional MWD/AB skill bonus. Additional med slot to the my favorite Palladin would be fine too.

Edit: Anyway, we need another T2 BS class. Two ships to each race as continuation of HAC line.
Kikusama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1051 - 2013-08-31 09:25:39 UTC
Looks good in general with 2 addendums:
- 400-500% increase in DPS whilst in bastion mode will put these right between normal battleships and dreadnoughts;
- they all need 90% webs.

Basically with a fleet of these you'd get what you'd get with tracking dreads and vindis, only a lot more mobile.

PvE wise this would make these preferable to pirate battleships, without really trampling all over their territory (if you want to blitz stuff you can still use the Mach for example, if you want to obliterate everything bastion up a Vargur).

Guns make the news. Science doesn't.

Alticus C Bear
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1052 - 2013-08-31 09:29:32 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Just another quick update.

• We are removing the BASTION TRANSFORMERTHINGIE™ SKILL, as the name was just too awesome to be released to the public (ok ok, more seriously we got the point: having to train a new rank 8 skill just for this module wasn't appealing). Instead, the bastion mode will use high energy physics 4 and energy grid upgrades 5. The former is rank 5, the later you already need to fly the class. The bastion mode cycle time will be reduced to 60s by default to compensate.

• We hear you regarding having to drop the safeties to use the bastion mode in high-sec - we're going to fix it so you don't have to drop them to use the module. However you'll still receive a weapon timer when activating it.

Adjusting OP to reflect this.

EDIT: remember all of this is subject to change - training high energy physics is at your own risk if the bastion mode skill requirements change.

Curious about High Energy Physics, was there logic behind its choice?

If they are just skills required for usage then why not choose tactical weapons reconfiguration level 3/4 even if the bastion module is not gaining a per level bonus to it.

Perhaps even combine it with advanced spaceship command 3/4, this combination of skills would reinforce the skills roadmap to capitals.

Just Lilly
#1053 - 2013-08-31 09:58:56 UTC
+ A 200% increase in DPS and restore their original mobility

+ Add a MWD bonus

Troll suggestion: Give them a covert ops cloaking device Twisted