These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Edora Madullier
French Kiss Singularity
#7841 - 2013-12-15 15:36:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Edora Madullier
If the "leaks" I've read are true, bastion will stay ON when you disconnect. Seems to be a pretty not- so-smart idea, but who am I to judge?

I'd rather have the ewarp delayed until the bastion cycle is over. My marauder is not permatanked and when I get a disconnect, I have to restart the router, which means a dead marauder with each D/C.
Battle Cube
Cube Collective
#7842 - 2013-12-17 02:33:00 UTC
imo.... i would be happy with this new version of the vargur.... if it was given a teeny tiny damage bonus, and a teeny tiny shield hp boost.... (outside of bastion.... **** bastion.... not using bastion....)

These small changes... would make it much better in incursions.... non-bastioned, that is.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#7843 - 2013-12-17 02:43:27 UTC
Battle Cube wrote:
imo.... i would be happy with this new version of the vargur.... if it was given a teeny tiny damage bonus...

Lol

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Battle Cube
Cube Collective
#7844 - 2013-12-17 02:46:50 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Battle Cube wrote:
imo.... i would be happy with this new version of the vargur.... if it was given a teeny tiny damage bonus...

Lol


yeah i know, they completely refuse to do this. But i think its warranted. The non-bastion mode of this ship should be balanced in line with comparable ships... pirate ships... imo.
Enya Sparhawk
Black Tea and Talons
#7845 - 2013-12-19 00:11:09 UTC
Hmmm, I like it... Well done.

(Personally, I'd get rid of the tractor bonus and give it the ability to equip a "Unit D-34343's Modified Drone Control Unit" or something similar but downgraded to a smaller level. I mean its only one more small drone but it could make all the difference in any given unique situation.)

Or even give them the unique ability to control their drones where logistics actually work for their own ships...


I mean lets face it, they would always just be limited to small drones due to bandwith, which is fine; let the player best choose how to fit their drones on a ship for a more versatile stragedy and versatility...

Fíorghrá: Grá na fírinne

Maireann croí éadrom i bhfad.

Bíonn súil le muir ach ní bhíonn súil le tír.

Is maith an scéalaí an aimsir.

When the lost ships of Greece finally return home...

fukier
Brave Collective
#7846 - 2013-12-19 01:38:35 UTC
so i have to say i am rather happy with the changes. koodos
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7847 - 2013-12-20 13:00:04 UTC
Ok i did DC in my Paladin, dut to the overall connection failur and was able to reconnect after 12 hours (after downtime). I was in bastion, cap stable, with scrambling frigates destroyed. I did survive, and my marauder didn't stay on grid. Still i have no idea what happened and if i'm safe after dc with bastion on. Wrote a support ticket to CCP but they remain silent.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#7848 - 2013-12-20 13:15:22 UTC
Cassius Invictus wrote:
Ok i did DC in my Paladin, dut to the overall connection failur and was able to reconnect after 12 hours (after downtime). I was in bastion, cap stable, with scrambling frigates destroyed. I did survive, and my marauder didn't stay on grid. Still i have no idea what happened and if i'm safe after dc with bastion on. Wrote a support ticket to CCP but they remain silent.


There are whispers and rumblings that strongly suggest Rubicon 1.1 will feature an iteration on the Bastion Module. Among the changes, Bastion will not be cancelled anymore on disconnect.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#7849 - 2013-12-20 17:52:17 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
There are whispers and rumblings that strongly suggest Rubicon 1.1 will feature an iteration on the Bastion Module. Among the changes, Bastion will not be cancelled anymore on disconnect.

And there's a survey out where you can express your desire or discontent for the new Marauders...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#7850 - 2013-12-21 01:58:35 UTC
This survey is where?

Also I have FINALLY trained marauders past level 1, after 9 months of not seeing the point. Reason?

Because marauders are dueling gods.
Shantetha
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7851 - 2013-12-21 15:25:13 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
There are whispers and rumblings that strongly suggest Rubicon 1.1 will feature an iteration on the Bastion Module. Among the changes, Bastion will not be cancelled anymore on disconnect.

And there's a survey out where you can express your desire or discontent for the new Marauders...


link to survey?
Kito Yularen
Iron.Guard
Goonswarm Federation
#7852 - 2013-12-21 19:49:20 UTC
Shantetha wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
There are whispers and rumblings that strongly suggest Rubicon 1.1 will feature an iteration on the Bastion Module. Among the changes, Bastion will not be cancelled anymore on disconnect.

And there's a survey out where you can express your desire or discontent for the new Marauders...


link to survey?

If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#7853 - 2013-12-21 19:52:05 UTC
Those whispers of future changes also say that an active Bastion module will let you lock 13 targets.

Isn't 12 the maximum number of targets your skills can allow for?
Ronny Hugo
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#7854 - 2014-02-05 12:34:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Ronny Hugo
@ post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3743519#post3743519
What is the argument behind the cap nerf on the paladin? Isn't it already throwing cap at its enemy through the lasers?

Edit: At post above me, I think you start with the ability to lock 1 target before skills. Like you are able to have 11 research jobs even though you can only get 10 through skills. But I have no reason to believe them when they say 13 targets.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#7855 - 2014-02-05 13:41:09 UTC
Ronny Hugo wrote:
@ post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3743519#post3743519
What is the argument behind the cap nerf on the paladin? Isn't it already throwing cap at its enemy through the lasers?

Edit: At post above me, I think you start with the ability to lock 1 target before skills. Like you are able to have 11 research jobs even though you can only get 10 through skills. But I have no reason to believe them when they say 13 targets.


its still a net buff to cap though along with the highest cap/s

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Maximus Aerelius
PROPHET OF ENIGMA
#7856 - 2014-02-05 14:01:38 UTC
Cassius Invictus wrote:
Ok i did DC in my Paladin, dut to the overall connection failur and was able to reconnect after 12 hours (after downtime). I was in bastion, cap stable, with scrambling frigates destroyed. I did survive, and my marauder didn't stay on grid. Still i have no idea what happened and if i'm safe after dc with bastion on. Wrote a support ticket to CCP but they remain silent.


QFT and this https://twitter.com/CEOMCMXD/status/430138046193729536/photo/1.