These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Royal NASA
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#4141 - 2013-09-26 08:23:33 UTC
I Do try to speak English.

but thank you
your ever so kind.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#4142 - 2013-09-26 08:31:38 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:
I've gone back a forth with it...
I was a proponent for t2 resists over rep bonus back in the day, but that was before iteration one came around.
And to admit, I didn't truly understand how t2 resists worked.
I didn't realize that it does nothing to help you resist hole.

That said though, I think iteration1 is the way to go, BUT, without nerfing the hulls AT ALL!!!
In fact, I still propose a little sensor buff to the base hulls.

If CCP feels that rep + bastion rep is too OP, they could simply make bastion 63.5% bonus instead of 100%.
This would allow us to keep rep bonus out of bastion, and not have such a powerful bastion rep.

Alternately ( and probably more preferred by myself) is to wrap the 30% non-stacking resists into the hulls themselves, and remove the rep bonus entirely from the hull.
I feel this would make them much better in both pve and pvp.

Same here, but I think the lack of any additional updates is probably a clear indication that Iteration 2 is probably very close to what we'll end up with (if not exactly). I'd wager that Bastion and the new animations are set in stone, and since these are T2 ships T2 resists are probably a foregone conclusion at this point. So we pickup the T2 resists, a rapid MJD and a boost to webalizers for short-range setups on the base Marauder. And when in Bastion mode, EM immunity, a +266% shield and armor boost (which is even more when you factor in the resists) and improved weapons range. Not really seeing any downside here over the current Marauders, to be honest. With the T2 resists I actually think we'll net an additional medium or low slot (over and above one required for the MJD) just because we can probably get away with a single adaptive shield invulnerability or energized adaptive armor.

It is actually amazing for those different iterations, like to iteration I:

*Why are you taking away the paladins/kronos web-bonus, oyu used to fit two of them and blap frigs at 10m*
*Pls abandon the tank bonus and give them them more damage, cause Level 4s / Anoms deal nearly no damage at all*
*Pls give them T2 resists to make them viable in incursion*

and then to iteration II:

*What the hell is that crippled web-bonus, we never used a web on any marauder ever !!1! they are pure sniping boats, CCP fail*
*Wtf you're taking away the 7.5% rep-bonus. Marauders ****, can't tank a level 4 anymore*
*Why are you giving them T2-resists, they massively lose in tank that way. My Paladin ow got weakest resist thermal and that's not good for domain-missioning... you suck*

Honestly, if people think that either iteration I or II would be a step back compared to the old ones, you are probably bad at pixelnavigating and should feel that way.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4143 - 2013-09-26 08:42:54 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
It is actually amazing for those different iterations, like to iteration I:

*Why are you taking away the paladins/kronos web-bonus, oyu used to fit two of them and blap frigs at 10m*
*Pls abandon the tank bonus and give them them more damage, cause Level 4s / Anoms deal nearly no damage at all*
*Pls give them T2 resists to make them viable in incursion*

and then to iteration II:

*What the hell is that crippled web-bonus, we never used a web on any marauder ever !!1! they are pure sniping boats, CCP fail*
*Wtf you're taking away the 7.5% rep-bonus. Marauders ****, can't tank a level 4 anymore*
*Why are you giving them T2-resists, they massively lose in tank that way. My Paladin ow got weakest resist thermal and that's not good for domain-missioning... you suck*

Honestly, if people think that either iteration I or II would be a step back compared to the old ones, you are probably bad at pixelnavigating and should feel that way.

As I said, T2 resists alone make them a lot more formidable. There's also the extra high slot that players can use for something other than the Bastion module. And two of the classes now get a stasis web bonus where none existed before for short-range setups.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Darling Hassasin
Parental Control
Didn't want that Sov anyway.
#4144 - 2013-09-26 08:44:13 UTC
What I often see in this thread is complaints about losing the web and complains about re-instating them. Then complaints about active tank buff and compalints about active tank nerf.

Interestingly enough, this time I am not ready to dismiss this as player fallacy. I think these schizoid reactions are to be expected because CCP is trying to make all Marauders work in more or less the same way. However when Marauders are cureently very different from each other in the way they tank and gank, when you iterate horizontal across the board changes you will definately create substantial imbalances.

It is normal that palyers expecting CCP to iterate a "solution" for their ships react badly when 50% of them see their current set up nerfed.

Perhaps CCP should ponder on the general powercreep on all hulls in 2013 and proceed to do the same with Marauders. +50% dps in bastion or some such ****, I d expect...
Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4145 - 2013-09-26 10:05:39 UTC
Darling Hassasin wrote:
What I often see in this thread is complaints about losing the web and complains about re-instating them. Then complaints about active tank buff and compalints about active tank nerf.

Interestingly enough, this time I am not ready to dismiss this as player fallacy. I think these schizoid reactions are to be expected because CCP is trying to make all Marauders work in more or less the same way. However when Marauders are cureently very different from each other in the way they tank and gank, when you iterate horizontal across the board changes you will definately create substantial imbalances.

It is normal that palyers expecting CCP to iterate a "solution" for their ships react badly when 50% of them see their current set up nerfed.

Perhaps CCP should ponder on the general powercreep on all hulls in 2013 and proceed to do the same with Marauders. +50% dps in bastion or some such ****, I d expect...

I fully agree. Besides as many have said before me: the problems derives form the fact that marauders in their current state do not have a clearly defined role. This is why we ***** about their bonuses. They are just bad or good depending on what you want this ship to do.
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#4146 - 2013-09-26 10:29:43 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

TBH, they want even more than this.
They want Marauder tank, pirate dps, pirate mobility,pirate utility bonuses, bastion bonuses, and Marauder utility highs..

Basically, they want an extremely OP ship that should never exist in game.

I think what u meant to say is that ppl who took the extra time to train into marauders, don't want to see their pve effectiveness drop. If CCP is planning on a general buff as indicated by the first iteration bastion mode, pg on vargur, mjd bonus, etc, give the pve ppl who trained for it better pve performance.

It feels like they are making some of the pve loadouts less effective in order attempt to give them a pvp role. If you assume the majority of ppl who trained and use marauders did so for pve, its kinda a slap in the face.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4147 - 2013-09-26 11:44:49 UTC
chaosgrimm wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

They want Marauder tank, pirate dps, pirate mobility,pirate utility bonuses, bastion bonuses, and Marauder utility highs..

I think what u meant to say is that ppl who took the extra time to train into marauders, don't want to see their pve effectiveness drop. If CCP is planning on a general buff as indicated by the first iteration bastion mode, pg on vargur, mjd bonus, etc, give the pve ppl who trained for it better pve performance.

It feels like they are making some of the pve loadouts less effective in order attempt to give them a pvp role. If you assume the majority of ppl who trained and use marauders did so for pve, its kinda a slap in the face.

bingo
The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#4148 - 2013-09-26 12:07:29 UTC
Golem:

The web bonus would be pointless on it, since conflicts with a painter fitting and a torpedo explosion velocity bonus would be far more useful. The speed nerf is very contra productive, a torpedo BS balanced on javelin range is useless since it offers nothing over a CM fitting in normal game play and with the much lower speed it can't move within range quick enough to apply faction or rage torpedo DPS.

Vargur

The web bonus on it is also mostly wasted, in normal game play you stay out of web range with it and the speed nerf makes it far less viable than the mach, because it takes a lot longer to adjust ranges(both with artillery and auto cannons). Another tracking or optimal bonus would be far more useful to improve it with artillery and give it a slightly different focus than the mach.

Kronos

Removing the sentry's will wreck the dps with rails(and it is mostly a sentry/rail platform, the vindicator does blasters just better) and the speed nerf hits it hard for repositioning(no 100km jumps just gimp your dps, most of the time you want to move it within 30-50km range to the spawn to apply max dps with sentry's and rails).

Paladin

While the optimal bonus is perfect, a tracking bonus would probably the better option, given that it is the best marauder already. Also the drone bay nerf kills the sentry potential.

Suggestions:

- add the drone bay nerf, mjd gimmick and speed nerf directly to the bastion module, this way the ships don't lose a lot of potential for the ability to fit a module that you might more often then not never use
- give the Vargur, Golem and Paladin 25m³ spare drone bay over her current value, to improve her ability to utilize sentry's
- give the Kronos 125/275 drone bay to utilize 2 waves of sentry's, so you can flexible adapt to range, similar as with the rails
- give the Kronos the optimal and tracking bonus to drones, like on the domi, instead of the falloff one, since it doesn't add much to rails and blasters are very situational in pve
- give the Golem at last as much speed as the new navy raven and increase the missile velocity bonus a bit to improve torp range and give people the option to fit another damage application rig instead of range rig
- give the Golem a torpedo explosion velocity bonus(yes just for torpedo's) to make torpedo fittings on it viable again
- give the Vargur another tracking or optimal bonus instead of the web one, to make more different to the mach for pve
- give the Vargur and Golem a CPU reduction bonus to shield transporters, so they can utilize spider tanking similar as to the armor marauders
- give them a 25% cap reduction and 100% range improvement to cap transfers, remote reps and shield transporters, to further improve her already preferable use in spider tanking gangs compared to faction BS
- give them a 25-50% cap use reduction for micro warp drives, because the mwd is more often than not the bigger cap drain then the tank many pve scenarios
- give the Kronos and Paladin back the 90% web, the bonus came from the marauders(and already nerfed down from a bonus that did let you do pve without light drones to standard pre QR webs) and the only reason it landed on the serpentis ships was because they where completely useless without it, like any point blank ship that can't apply dps at point blank(aka any other blaster hull that is still dysfunctional at point blank in favour of watering the concept down with minmatar influences over the years) and it is very useful in group pve(to pin down targets), to keep up sentry and turret damage up(very important for the Kronos if you ever pve in mini space) and helps incredible for incursions

Improve discharge rigging: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=246166&find=unread

Edora Madullier
French Kiss Singularity
#4149 - 2013-09-26 12:28:33 UTC
The Djego wrote:
Paladin

While the optimal bonus is perfect, a tracking bonus would probably the better option, given that it is the best marauder already. Also the drone bay nerf kills the sentry potential.

Why the hell would you want a tracking bonus instead of an optimal one?
MJD + Tachyons = no need for tracking. The optimal bonus allows to use faction Multifrequency at longer ranges = more DPS.

To be honest, the Paladin is the best thought out Marauder, except his T2 resists which are useless against his pirate NPC enemies (Sansha, Blood Raiders). If this goes live, the Vargur would be best suited to mission in Amarr Space, and the Paladin, well, only in Rogue Drones nullsec.

The web strength bonus still doesn't make sense with the other bonuses (MJD and range), but if it's the price to pay for the incursion runners to be happy, so be it.
The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#4150 - 2013-09-26 13:18:59 UTC
Edora Madullier wrote:
The Djego wrote:
Paladin

Why the hell would you want a tracking bonus instead of an optimal one?
MJD + Tachyons = no need for tracking. The optimal bonus allows to use faction Multifrequency at longer ranges = more DPS.

To be honest, the Paladin is the best thought out Marauder, except his T2 resists which are useless against his pirate NPC enemies (Sansha, Blood Raiders). If this goes live, the Vargur would be best suited to mission in Amarr Space, and the Paladin, well, only in Rogue Drones nullsec.

The web strength bonus still doesn't make sense with the other bonuses (MJD and range), but if it's the price to pay for the incursion runners to be happy, so be it.

Because the optimal bonus on it is probably to powerful on a hull with the damage bonus, because it is actually worth more than 3(37.5% one) 4 slots(10% one) on your ship after stacking, while the tracking bonus is worth about 1.5 slots. Also for me there is zero reason to fit a mjd on it for pve, because it just gimps your dps and a mwd is the better option for nearly every situation. I think most people might underestimate the value of the tracking bonus, given how good my navy Apoc with puls and my tachyon NM performs with it, I like it a lot.

I would disagree with the T2 resists since they are optimal for omni tanking(no real big hole now) and laser damage is extremely easy to tank with armor anyway. The Vargur is nowhere close to the pve speed of the Paladin in Amarr space and this is the main selling point. Tank is not a problem for me currently(I use 2 TS EANMs a medium armor repper on mine) and I hardly believe many people that not over tank her marauder today will miss the active tank bonus.

The web bonus is very handy for pve in minmatar space and multi boxing L4 or WH to, like putting a 90% web on a frig and shoot it with a ship that actually can track and lock quickly(like my navy apoc) to completely go with sentry drones instead of waiting on your light drones to do the job(what speeds pve up immensely). The only reason it got not utilized on the paladin so much for L4 is that it is not needed for most L4 in amarr space, in mini or gallente space is is very handy.

Improve discharge rigging: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=246166&find=unread

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#4151 - 2013-09-26 14:09:00 UTC
The Djego wrote:

Vargur

The web bonus on it is also mostly wasted, in normal game play you stay out of web range with it and the speed nerf makes it far less viable than the mach, because it takes a lot longer to adjust ranges(both with artillery and auto cannons). Another tracking or optimal bonus would be far more useful to improve it with artillery and give it a slightly different focus than the mach.

Kronos

Removing the sentry's will wreck the dps with rails(and it is mostly a sentry/rail platform, the vindicator does blasters just better) and the speed nerf hits it hard for repositioning(no 100km jumps just gimp your dps, most of the time you want to move it within 30-50km range to the spawn to apply max dps with sentry's and rails).

I don't feel fit enough to comment your suggestions, though those two:

The Vargur might be completely unique in having all the projection boni possible, optimal I beleive being the one there is lacking. I don't see much similiarity berween current/proposed Vargur and Machariel, besides both using projectlies. The Vargur's tank is on another level compared to the machariel, and so is it regarding mobility. While the machariel has always been fast, far hitting and equalizing tracking issues by piloting, so is the Vargur (both currently cause PG, aswell as upcoming cause mobility restrictions) not remotely fit to compete with the Machariel on that term. It will just move completely differently.

As for Kronos/Vindicator, neither do they look alike. Regarding a Blasterfit (using Null as default ammo, guess pve is same as pvp there) you got a discrepancy of (while comparable tracking) a Kronos, not moving, hitting out with blasters to 20 optimal and 65 falloff, compared to a vindicator with 15 optimal and 25 falloff. Really similiar. This though is taking into account that a 2-slot tank will take you through ANY L4 mission and will tank any sanctum, while the vindicator most likely needs a shieldfit to achieve the same.
Switching the Kronos to be yet another droneboat would be desastrous, as it would be nothing but a highsec archon. And an amazing one on top of that. Nono, I don't want such a ship to exist.

And the webbing bonus useless on golem/vargur? Great, don't use the webs. Just don't replace it with those suggestions... as most of your suggestions listed above (without further commenting) are just ISK/hour-wishes.

Mean I was jiggling about that 90% web and then a ship that actually has tracking, like a NApoc. Totally not trolling.

I'd agree that I'm near exclusively watching it regarding pvp-applications, but 'balancing' for pve/incursions is completely futile anyways. There will be one ship that is better compared to the others, and that one will be flown. The Unsmart to be recognized by not flying that ship. (As the current Vindi/Nightmare/Machariel monotony for incursions, or summer's megathron or domiballs, or the current Ishtar-situation with assign-exploits left and right)
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4152 - 2013-09-26 14:24:56 UTC
The Djego wrote:
Golem:
The web bonus would be pointless on it, since conflicts with a painter fitting and a torpedo explosion velocity bonus would be far more useful. The speed nerf is very contra productive, a torpedo BS balanced on javelin range is useless since it offers nothing over a CM fitting in normal game play and with the much lower speed it can't move within range quick enough to apply faction or rage torpedo DPS.

Yes, an explosion velocity bonus is potentially more useful - because it benefits both short and long-range weapons. A stasis web bonus hardly conflicts with a target painter bonus, as a reduction in target speed has the same (if not more) benefit than an increase in explosion velocity. With an explosion velocity bonus of 25-37.5%, there would be absolutely no reason to run anything other than a cruise missile fit on a Golem (because with the target painter bonus it could literally pick-off anything on the field from extreme range in Bastion mode).

Chloe Cartier
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4153 - 2013-09-26 14:33:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Chloe Cartier
Deleted. I need to learn the read the full changes before making comment :D
Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4154 - 2013-09-26 14:38:06 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
The Djego wrote:
Golem:

Yes, an explosion velocity bonus is potentially more useful - because it benefits both short and long-range weapons. A stasis web bonus hardly conflicts with a target painter bonus, as a reduction in target speed has the same (if not more) benefit than an increase in explosion velocity. With an explosion velocity bonus of 25-37.5%, there would be absolutely no reason to run anything other than a cruise missile fit on a Golem (because with the target painter bonus it could literally pick-off anything on the field from extreme range in Bastion mode).

Well, it could pick off targets with extreme range, but we already can't lock targets as far as we can shoot CMs, and I'm sure as he'll not giving up more slots for targeting range.

That said, I think all these bonuses kinda gimps the golem.
I say this because we now have 2 mids for TPs, 1mjd, 1cap booster, 1 shield booster, leaving just one slot for resists, and maybe rigs for resists.

I still STRONGLY feel that we should give up the 8th high for an 8th mid..
We aren't going to be fitting webs on our ships more than likely, but we still don't have enough mids to make a good load out.

The Kronos and Pali are less gimped in this case, but even they could probably go for an extra mid as well.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4155 - 2013-09-26 14:50:11 UTC
Paladin - loses 12.5% stasis web, gains 37.5% optimal range
Golem - gains 37.5% stasis web
Kronos - loses 12.5% stasis web, gains 50% falloff
Vargur - gains 37.5% stasis web

I'm really not seeing the downside here... Is there honestly any Marauder owners that wouldn't give up 12.5% stasis web for a +37.5% optimal or +50% falloff?

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4156 - 2013-09-26 15:03:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Joe Risalo wrote:
Well, it could pick off targets with extreme range, but we already can't lock targets as far as we can shoot CMs, and I'm sure as he'll not giving up more slots for targeting range.

That said, I think all these bonuses kinda gimps the golem.
I say this because we now have 2 mids for TPs, 1mjd, 1cap booster, 1 shield booster, leaving just one slot for resists, and maybe rigs for resists.

I still STRONGLY feel that we should give up the 8th high for an 8th mid..
We aren't going to be fitting webs on our ships more than likely, but we still don't have enough mids to make a good load out.

The Kronos and Pali are less gimped in this case, but even they could probably go for an extra mid as well.

Drop a ballistic control for a passive signal amplifier and you solve the range problems. As for the Golem being "gimped", by my count you still have 2 slots available for resists (passive EM and adaptive invulnerability). With the significant reduction to the MJD cooldown, it effectively replaces the need for an afterburner or MWD. Let's not forget that with the T2 resists this easily puts you into the high 80's and 90's - so you could probably run a medium or large Deadspace shield booster cap stable (that frees up another slot).

Addendum: You could also drop down to a single TP by running a pair of T2 rigors.

The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#4157 - 2013-09-26 16:07:01 UTC  |  Edited by: The Djego
Lloyd Roses wrote:
The Vargur might be completely unique in having all the projection boni possible, optimal I beleive being the one there is lacking. I don't see much similiarity berween current/proposed Vargur and Machariel, besides both using projectlies. The Vargur's tank is on another level compared to the machariel, and so is it regarding mobility. While the machariel has always been fast, far hitting and equalizing tracking issues by piloting, so is the Vargur (both currently cause PG, aswell as upcoming cause mobility restrictions) not remotely fit to compete with the Machariel on that term. It will just move completely differently.

The Vargur is mostly suffering from being to similar to the mach. If you fit a mwd on it(what you should) and use it like a mach, both perform very similar(while the Vargur is slower, packs less dps, takes ages to lock stuff and is easy to jam). The tank is not that different as raw eft numbers might suggest, thx to the very low signature of the Mach and the high speed, damage intake is very similar for most applications outside uber tank with OGB, drugs and implants, what is fairly useless for most PVP and PVE applications.

Lloyd Roses wrote:
As for Kronos/Vindicator, neither do they look alike. Regarding a Blasterfit (using Null as default ammo, guess pve is same as pvp there) you got a discrepancy of (while comparable tracking) a Kronos, not moving, hitting out with blasters to 20 optimal and 65 falloff, compared to a vindicator with 15 optimal and 25 falloff. Really similiar. This though is taking into account that a 2-slot tank will take you through ANY L4 mission and will tank any sanctum, while the vindicator most likely needs a shieldfit to achieve the same.
Switching the Kronos to be yet another droneboat would be desastrous, as it would be nothing but a highsec archon. And an amazing one on top of that. Nono, I don't want such a ship to exist.

Blasters are terrible for most pve stuff(and honestly in pvp to) and it doesn't get better if you can't move at all once you want to utilize the better tank or range(and if you want to relay on null you should have fitted rails in the first place). The major thing of the Kronos back in the days(before CCP watered down hybrids and gallente) was that it could utilize active tank and rails(that was very hard with the fitting on other mega hulls) and it needs the sentry dps to archive acceptable dps levels(like around 1.2k at 30km), compared to the other marauders. Combining high tracking and range for both rails and sentry's is far more useful for both pvp and pve instead of just another blaster ship camping undocks in empire(because this is exactly what you can do in a blaster BS that goes 800m/s at best and has to still still if it want to tank).

Also as a little tip, whenever you want to move you lose 50% of your tank, what limits your ability's to get out of high dps range or in high dps range considerable, meaning you need to tank more because you can't move, so I in my eyes tanks will not change to much and I can do with a 3 slot tank just fine today.

Lloyd Roses wrote:
And the webbing bonus useless on golem/vargur? Great, don't use the webs. Just don't replace it with those suggestions... as most of your suggestions listed above (without further commenting) are just ISK/hour-wishes.

Why would you drop a painter for a Web on the Golem? Missiles are not affected by transversal(meaning you don't get massive dps loss at close range anyway) and by the time the target is slow enough that you can do full damage it is mostly dead. A explosion velocity bonus and high speed don't only help for pve, they are incredible effective for nuking fast stuff outside of web range(like tier 3 BCs) and give you the ability to utilize the Golem properly(not by brawling stuff down like with a blaster hull but by using kitting and speed).

Imagine you use the Vargur for anything you couldn't do today in pvp with a maelstrom would you ever fit a web? I know I wouldn't, because there is no real reason to utilize a medium range ship at point blank, at least if it doesn't end up with the brick treatment.

Lloyd Roses wrote:
I'd agree that I'm near exclusively watching it regarding pvp-applications, but 'balancing' for pve/incursions is completely futile anyways. There will be one ship that is better compared to the others, and that one will be flown. The Unsmart to be recognized by not flying that ship. (As the current Vindi/Nightmare/Machariel monotony for incursions, or summer's megathron or domiballs, or the current Ishtar-situation with assign-exploits left and right)

First most Marauders are used for PVE, because they are designed for this(poorly in many ways) and making them gimmick ships for pvp instead actually good at it seams pretty stupid to me. I have the feeling you, similar to Malcanis, still can't grasp the concept that shooting crosses or squares on the overview is basically the same thing, regarding tracking and weapon mechanics and that everybody that posts about marauders got no clue about pvp(what is hilarious in my eyes).

Shivanthar
#4158 - 2013-09-26 16:07:09 UTC
chaosgrimm wrote:
Joe Risalo wrote:

this.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Edora Madullier
French Kiss Singularity
#4159 - 2013-09-26 16:16:50 UTC
The Djego wrote:
The web bonus is very handy for pve in minmatar space and multi boxing L4 or WH to, like putting a 90% web on a frig and shoot it with a ship that actually can track and lock quickly(like my navy apoc) to completely go with sentry drones instead of waiting on your light drones to do the job(what speeds pve up immensely). The only reason it got not utilized on the paladin so much for L4 is that it is not needed for most L4 in amarr space, in mini or gallente space is is very handy.

The forum ate my reply with a 404, so I'll make a TL;DR.

Missions in minmatar space with a laser-boat = not clever.
MJD = Easy snipe with tachyons, no need for web nor tracking, optimal bonus = handy in that case.

Can't see the point in gimping your cap with a MWD, when you can go to any Acceleration gate with two well done jumps of MJD.
The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
#4160 - 2013-09-26 16:17:20 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Paladin - loses 12.5% stasis web, gains 37.5% optimal range
Golem - gains 37.5% stasis web
Kronos - loses 12.5% stasis web, gains 50% falloff
Vargur - gains 37.5% stasis web

I'm really not seeing the downside here... Is there honestly any Marauder owners that wouldn't give up 12.5% stasis web for a +37.5% optimal or +50% falloff?

The downside is a massive speed and drone bay nerf, reducing the dps and ignoring well know issues of the particular hulls(damage shortage of the Kronos, Vargur to similar to the Mach, Golem more usefull with CMs instead with Torps etc.).

As for the earlier question about the web, ofc it collides with the painter bonus, since every slot you use on a web you can't use for a painter. Ofc the web got the bigger benefit(after like 15s slowing stuff down) but the application is not instant like with painters and you will most of the time not get till web range(because the target is dead anyway or you get kitted in pvp, because you sit in brick, even for BS standards). The idea is to only add the explosion velocity bonus to torpedo's(because they are kind of bad since the last CM update) and make the Golem again more viable with trops.