These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Kane Fenris
NWP
#4041 - 2013-09-24 12:37:09 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Kane Fenris wrote:
no im right....

you are :
-aligned
-at 0m/s

-> hit align then instantly hit mjd
you accelerate while mjd cycles
mjd triggers -> you are alinged at 100% or near 100% speed (near enough to warp) -> instant warp

so you can align at 0m/s in bastion mode when mode finishes you hit aling and mjd so if you dont get scramed while mjd cycles you always get away!

Ah, okay, I thought there was a disconnect here. I thought you meant that the module left you at 100% speed.

Also you can't align while your speed is set to 0 m/s. Besides which the facing of your ship does not impact align speed unless your ship is moving.

Therefore the MJD doesn't impact the time it takes you to get into warp, it just allows you to potentially escape a bubble if the people trying to hold you down didn't bring a Warp Scrambler.

you are right the models alingment isnt the alingment of you model. (but that does not matter for example whil in mjd cycle your model does not aling while the alingment variable does change!)
but where does it say you cant rotate while not moveing forward?

i think we need a clarification here CCP plz?

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4042 - 2013-09-24 12:41:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Lair Osen wrote:
What do you think about replacing the 100% rep bonus with just 50% non-stacked resistance? It would be the same as +100% reps, but fix issues with having to get down to low shields/armour before repping if you have very bonused reps. it would also double the EHP which would help stop them being massive gank targets in Bastion due to the strangely low HP.
And the resistance increasing logi effectiveness wouldn't be a problem since they can't be remote repped.
It could also make hull tanking viable if the resistance buff is applied to hull as well :) or just mean you dont need a DCU.

50% resist bonus on top of T2 resists will let you fit out a dual-XLASB Golem to not only permatank the DPS of several sieged Moroses at point blank range but also have the EHP to avoid getting alphaed through your tank. The same goes for a Vargur against Revelations. Seriously, this allows a >30,000 DPS tank on >600,000 EHP with just running one booster while reloading the other one. >60,000 DPS can be tanked by running both.

The bastion module as currently designed is just asking for trouble. Vargur turns into a "tank multiple dreadnaughts while neuting 75 cap/sec and doing 1300 DPS with gun tracking good enough to hit interceptors" solo pwnmobile.
Egravant Alduin
Ascendance Rising
Ascendance..
#4043 - 2013-09-24 13:09:06 UTC
The two modes looks nice but I would prefer a 5th weapon slot to make those 70-90 days of training worth it .

Feel the wrath of the GECKO!

Apo Lamperouge
#4044 - 2013-09-24 13:27:29 UTC
Aralez wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Time for another update.

We discussed the Marauder situation further and came with the following changes:

• Shield, armor and hull 30% resistance boosts have been removed on the Bastion Module - instead, all Marauders will now get proper tech2 resists. This will allow Marauders to have better RR use outside Bastion and reduce overall tanking effectiveness inside the mode.

• We have removed all tanking bonuses on the Marauders hulls (Armor Repairer amount on the Paladin and Kronos, Shield Boost amount on the Golem and Vargur). Instead, we are giving them 7.5% bonus to the velocity factor of stasis webifiers per level. This will not only help reducing their tanking effectiveness, be more in theme with the ship role itself and help anyone using them with short range weapons. We are not giving them a full 10% per level back as this would be extremely powerful in conjunction with the other bonuses / Bastion. We are going to leave the full 10% web strength amount on the Serpentis ships for now and see how things evolve with time.

• Also, we are removing the mass penalty on the Bastion mode. Tests have shown you can't really turn when it's active anyway, and we don't want to have players abuse that to collapse wormholes.

I will change the OP to match the changes.

you just killed mauraders, Vargur was my favorite ship in the game now without its tanking bonus's its worthless! your creativity is gone as was shown with dust. I have little reason to start playing agian when the winter expansion comes out. think its time to just let my accounts die and spend my time else where..

Can I haz your tattoos then? Lol

Sometimes a knife right through your heart is exactly what you need.

Shivanthar
#4045 - 2013-09-24 13:42:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
Cade Windstalker wrote:

I prefer killing and salvaging everything as well, though I come in with a noctis after I'm done to clear things up. I find it relaxing rather than managing an extra set of targets while running the mission.

For missions where the rats are further out a MJD is going to server your purposes better than an MWD since you can put yourself within range of a T2 tractor beam with only a single jump. If the range bonus goes up to 150% then that becomes even easier.

With autocannons the range bonus helps you do more damage since you're fighting in falloff even if you somehow have enough tracking that that doesn't factor (in my opinion there's no such thing). This lets you kill things faster within your salvage range.

For Hybrids, which is where most of my experience lies, it lets you use higher damage ammo at longer ranges and achieve a similar effect but with more ammo swapping. Tracking is more of a consideration though, especially inside of Antimatter ranges.

The way you explain stuff really cool of my tempers ^.^
I agree with the damage application and haven't had any complain about it. However, equipping with mjd and using it will make your AC useless, thus forcing you to equip arties instead. So, you ALWAYS have to be the sentry dominix or maelstrom I mentioned. Getting close to stuff, you will only make your shells worthless because of epic arty tracking. I mean, you really want to snipe with your marauder if you're recommending mjd usage.

Under perfect conditions and on the paper, what you tell about jumping and salvaging back-forth works. In the real-life, there will be a lot of spots that doesn't work quite well, especially during missioning. I will leave some information missing on a purpose so reading it will become more exotic ;) As a side note: I don't blitz missions. Here are some examples;

1- "Getting quafe to spawn" enemies @ 40km. Even in order to start fireworks, you've to crawl that range with a massive speed of 162m/s, if you've mjd fitted. I'd finish that mission even with extra spawns from that destroyer, within the same time. By the time you get quafe with a mjd, I'll have finished the mission and start salvaging already ;)

2- You activated gate and land a gate with mixed foes nearby, immediately aggro you on arrive. Next gate is ~20km away, however, all other npcs are pretty seperated. If you kill everyone, you have to visit 2 spots at least. And cannot MjD since the gate will be 50km away from you when you finish your work.

3- Ahhh, turning around Angel scout post! Spawns spawns moar spawns, lots of hard-dying frigates, tons of cruisers and BS's at the very end. Since you have to relocate yourself a couple times with a mjd, you will have to mjd couple times in order to gather whole mess after it.

4- All mission rooms with a gate nearby while enemies are located somewhere else. Bunny mjd'ing won't work because you won't be able to get salvages in that way.

5- *caugh* not blitzing *caugh* It has 3 parts, very gassy at the end. Especially last part. I don't use another ship and simply put a mwd on my toy, come back in and out from the other end.

6- You warped in, a big mining post in front of you telling you to get out. On your left, do you remember an unusable trigger gate @40km? You will swear you won't fit mjd on that one ever again. Good journey with 162meters/sec.

7- Incursions. So you will leave your team, warping off 100km, become defenseless when npc switch agro to you. Trying to heat your stuff and struggling to stay alive, your dps lowers, burdening your fellow mates to catch to your location and clear around you from frigs and cruisers. Oh poor arty marauder... Not to mention that also can't move! None of the bastion buffs will save you from those npcs, without proper logistic support which you can't get because of the mighty shapeshifting mechanics!

8- Chasgrimm used this mission as an pop-frigate example :D :D Remember that gate in front of you @10km? So you warp off 100km up? Down? Left? Right? Directly in front is not possible, because you're arty fit, you won't want to find yourself between tons of ships. When you warp somewhere, you'll notice you won't be able to target further foes. BUMP! Anyway, you warp back when everything is finished. WHAT! 10km to crawl? Oh... That dam'n swarm of mordu...

9- I think I'll stop here, because I'm very demoralized. When things go live, it will be too late to recover from this... The more I keep thinking, the more disabled I feel.

These are my points. And there will be a lot like these if you keep thinking.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Apo Lamperouge
#4046 - 2013-09-24 14:03:35 UTC
Still having that long term passionate love affair with the Paladin. I would gladly switch out the near useless web bonus (for my style of play) for a tracking bonus based on role per level.
I have been working the MJD/tachyon fit, and with salvage drones, I dont even need a salvager on my ship anymore. This probably wouldnt work for the other ships; not having Minmatar or Gallente gunnery skills I do not fly their Marauders, so I cannot make a recommendation for their role/racial bonuses.
I do fly Golem as well, and had one for a couple months, but was unimpressed with t2 cruise missile on it; as of yet I do not have t2 torp skills so I have been missing it's damage potential. I was a bit "iffy" on the need to have 3 target painters to proerly apply damage, and take away from potential tank however. I can see a web bonus being useful on the Golem.
My play style though, the web is just wasted. With the MJD, tachys and a flight of warriors, any frigs/dessies are no problem.

I am in favour of immense drawbacks to the Bastion Mode, immobility, no remote repair. However it's becoming clearer that with all the suggestions, a more racial approach to what bonuses these ships might suit a racial rather than a one size fits all approach.

Paladin: replace webs with tracking or capacitor regeneration?
Golem: a bonus to reduce speed factor of target?
Vargur: change tracking to optimal?
Kronos: I'm not even sure what would work on that hull. Web range and optimal range?

I am no expert, nor do I claim to be. Just my suggestion. What would be helpful is a response from our Galactic Overlords (read CCP) to sum up where we are and what is going to happen, and what is NOT going to happen. This is probably one of the most debated balancing posts ever and for good reason. People who fly this ship tend to love it.

Apo Lamperouge
#4047 - 2013-09-24 14:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Apo Lamperouge
Shivanthar wrote:
Cade Windstalker wrote:

I prefer killing and salvaging everything as well, though I come in with a noctis after I'm done to clear things up. I find it relaxing rather than managing an extra set of targets while running the mission.

For missions where the rats are further out a MJD is going to server your purposes better than an MWD since you can put yourself within range of a T2 tractor beam with only a single jump. If the range bonus goes up to 150% then that becomes even easier.

With autocannons the range bonus helps you do more damage since you're fighting in falloff even if you somehow have enough tracking that that doesn't factor (in my opinion there's no such thing). This lets you kill things faster within your salvage range.

For Hybrids, which is where most of my experience lies, it lets you use higher damage ammo at longer ranges and achieve a similar effect but with more ammo swapping. Tracking is more of a consideration though, especially inside of Antimatter ranges.

The way you explain stuff really cool of my tempers ^.^
I agree with the damage application and haven't had any complain about it. However, equipping with mjd and using it will make your AC useless, thus forcing you to equip arties instead. So, you ALWAYS have to be the sentry dominix or maelstrom I mentioned. Getting close to stuff, you will only make your shells worthless because of epic arty tracking. I mean, you really want to snipe with your marauder if you're recommending mjd usage.

Under perfect conditions and on the paper, what you tell about jumping and salvaging back-forth works. In the real-life, there will be a lot of spots that doesn't work quite well, especially during missioning. I will leave some information missing on a purpose so reading it will become more exotic ;) As a side note: I don't blitz missions. Here are some examples;

1- "Getting quafe to spawn" enemies @ 40km. Even in order to start fireworks, you've to crawl that range with a massive speed of 162m/s, if you've mjd fitted. I'd finish that mission even with extra spawns from that destroyer, within the same time. By the time you get quafe with a mjd, I'll have finished the mission and start salvaging already ;)

2- You activated gate and land a gate with mixed foes nearby, immediately aggro you on arrive. Next gate is ~20km away, however, all other npcs are pretty seperated. If you kill everyone, you have to visit 2 spots at least. And cannot MjD since the gate will be 50km away from you when you finish your work.

3- Ahhh, turning around Angel scout post! Spawns spawns moar spawns, lots of hard-dying frigates, tons of cruisers and BS's at the very end. Since you have to relocate yourself a couple times with a mjd, you will have to mjd couple times in order to gather whole mess after it.

4- All mission rooms with a gate nearby while enemies are located somewhere else. Bunny mjd'ing won't work because you won't be able to get salvages in that way.

5- *caugh* not blitzing *caugh* It has 3 parts, very gassy at the end. Especially last part. I don't use another ship and simply put a mwd on my toy, come back in and out from the other end.

6- You warped in, a big mining post in front of you telling you to get out. On your left, do you remember an unusable trigger gate @40km? You will swear you won't fit mjd on that one ever again. Good journey with 162meters/sec.

7- Incursions. So you will leave your team, warping off 100km, become defenseless when npc switch agro to you. Trying to heat your stuff and struggling to stay alive, your dps lowers, burdening your fellow mates to catch to your location and clear around you from frigs and cruisers. Oh poor arty marauder... Not to mention that also can't move! None of the bastion buffs will save you from those npcs, without proper logistic support which you can't get because of the mighty shapeshifting mechanics!

8- I think I'll stop here, because I'm very demoralized. When things go live, it will be too late to recover from this... The more I keep thinking, the more disabled I feel.

These are my points. And there will be a lot like these if you keep thinking.

Salvage drones are not limited to range. I can salvage 5 wrecks at one time with them, and only tractor in the cans if/when they have loot. I find the MJD works very well for that. I only have to do a little bit of messing around. Its less time than tractoring in all the wrecks thats for sure. Try it.

The salvage time you save by using 5 drones instead of one salvager more than makes up for the travel time of 40kms.

Apo Lamperouge
#4048 - 2013-09-24 14:20:38 UTC
Egravant Alduin wrote:
The two modes looks nice but I would prefer a 5th weapon slot to make those 70-90 days of training worth it .

I don't see adding a 5th weapon slot as something that will ever happen. The ships are fine without it, and out DPS T1 battleships.

The training time is worth it if you are a PVE carebear. Marauders are very nice ships to mission/Incursion in. They are licensed to print isk.

Shivanthar
#4049 - 2013-09-24 14:34:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
Apo Lamperouge wrote:

Salvage drones are not limited to range. I can salvage 5 wrecks at one time with them, and only tractor in the cans if/when they have loot. I find the MJD works very well for that. I only have to do a little bit of messing around. Its less time than tractoring in all the wrecks thats for sure. Try it.

The salvage time you save by using 5 drones instead of one salvager more than makes up for the travel time of 40kms.

This is my post from page 196:
Shivanthar wrote:

1- Reduced drone bays. Why? So, I'm in a mission, trying to destroy one battleship and a frigate. Frigate scrambled me, I destroyed the BS, and then? Oh 7km orbitting frigate... Doh! Where are my drones? Oh my SALVAGE DRONES! Aahhhhh, endless loop of a scrambled marauder?

I've been using salvage drones from the day 1. They're @ lvl 4. Since that day, I haven't been using salvager neither. I get the third beam instead.

Anyway, I can clearly help you understand that you haven't optimised the use of them.

Since you're talking about salvaging range is limitless, I can understand that you're sending them to heaven. I assume you missed the point that they're crawling back without mwd in order to drop their loot right?

1- Start pulling some wrecks nearby to your ship first. 2 is ok. Giving priority to wrecks with loots within them is an advantage.
2- In order to get an automated process, when you finished getting two wrecks nearby, disengage any locks you have.
3- Don't get any lock on the wrecks yet.
4- Get your salvage drones out.
5- With their menu expanded and *still not locked on any wreck* right click each of them and click salvage. Some may prefer doing the same with clicking only once to "Salvage" under "Drones in space" menu.
6- You will notice they'll start salvaging nearest possible wreck relative to your ship.

*Continue to pull wrecks with your beams at this point*
*Whenever pulling a wreck is finished, disengage wreck's lock. This will also stop beam cycle.*

7- When any of them successfully finishes salvage cycle, the rest of the drones will automatically move to the other nearby wrecks only if they're on the same one.
8- The salvager drone with loot, however, needs to come back within 2500 meters of your ship in order to bring its loot to your cargo bay. Since you get wrecks nearby with your beam first, they will insta-bring their loot and move on to next target.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I orbit closest can @ 500meters in order to make drones' target selection random. This way, they won't go to the same wreck in most cases.

Edit 2: Salvage drones goes with 900 meters/sec. Tractor beam pulls with 1000-1200 meters (t1-2) /sec on a Marauder. And salvage drones need to go to their salvage first in order to start salvaging. You choose which one is faster.

Anyway, none of these salvaging 201 stuff solves any marauder issues I mentioned in my previous post. Unfortunately.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Lair Osen
#4050 - 2013-09-24 15:31:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lair Osen
Xequecal wrote:
Lair Osen wrote:
What do you think about replacing the 100% rep bonus with just 50% non-stacked resistance? It would be the same as +100% reps, but fix issues with having to get down to low shields/armour before repping if you have very bonused reps. it would also double the EHP which would help stop them being massive gank targets in Bastion due to the strangely low HP.
And the resistance increasing logi effectiveness wouldn't be a problem since they can't be remote repped.
It could also make hull tanking viable if the resistance buff is applied to hull as well :) or just mean you dont need a DCU.

50% resist bonus on top of T2 resists will let you fit out a dual-XLASB Golem to not only permatank the DPS of several sieged Moroses at point blank range but also have the EHP to avoid getting alphaed through your tank. The same goes for a Vargur against Revelations. Seriously, this allows a >30,000 DPS tank on >600,000 EHP with just running one booster while reloading the other one. >60,000 DPS can be tanked by running both.

The bastion module as currently designed is just asking for trouble. Vargur turns into a "tank multiple dreadnaughts while neuting 75 cap/sec and doing 1300 DPS with gun tracking good enough to hit interceptors" solo pwnmobile.

Well if you've blinged your ship up enough to get that tank and EHP your ship's going to cost the same as a carrier anyway, so why would you want it alphad off the field by blap dreads? (And if you didn't, why would you bastion anywhere near a bunch of dreads?)
And also, to get that much tank out of an XLASB you're probably going to have the cycle time sped up a large amount meaning you're going to be out of charges and cap pretty quickly and dead soon after since you can be RRed, not to mention the risks of having to wait for low shields before you rep since you're probably going to be repping at least half your HP per cycle.
Additionally the specific nature of the scenarios you gave is why the T2 resists are a bad idea, IMO. Aside from the Vargur's fairly even resists, the rest just make the ship either OP or bad against certain damage types.
Remove the uneven T2 resists, give back the rep bonus and make Bastion 50% resists instead of 100% reps.
Helgur
The State
#4051 - 2013-09-24 16:14:26 UTC
Vladimir Norkoff wrote:
Wow. Definitely happy I started speculated on Marauders a couple months ago. Wallet Win!

Changes definitely look good. Though kinda worried they might be a bit OP'd with the Ody 1.1 changes to local reps. Especially when you get a group of them jumping around in small gang fights.

When is the taxman chronicles returning? That is my most anticipated eve expansion tbqfh
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4052 - 2013-09-24 17:03:35 UTC
Lair Osen wrote:
Well if you've blinged your ship up enough to get that tank and EHP your ship's going to cost the same as a carrier anyway, so why would you want it alphad off the field by blap dreads? (And if you didn't, why would you bastion anywhere near a bunch of dreads?)
And also, to get that much tank out of an XLASB you're probably going to have the cycle time sped up a large amount meaning you're going to be out of charges and cap pretty quickly and dead soon after since you can be RRed, not to mention the risks of having to wait for low shields before you rep since you're probably going to be repping at least half your HP per cycle.
Additionally the specific nature of the scenarios you gave is why the T2 resists are a bad idea, IMO. Aside from the Vargur's fairly even resists, the rest just make the ship either OP or bad against certain damage types.
Remove the uneven T2 resists, give back the rep bonus and make Bastion 50% resists instead of 100% reps.

No, that's with no overheating of the XLASB and no operational solidifiers. Also you can get a 20,000/40,000 DPS tank with just T2 equipment. The tracking is so good (0.111 with no tracking mods, medium neutrons start at 0.12) there's no way to get under the guns. You can't ewar it, and neuting doesn't shut off the boosting or the guns. It's literally unkillable with any reasonably sized non-capital gang that doesn't have multiple logistics to rep the dps until you run them out of cap charges.
Lair Osen
#4053 - 2013-09-24 17:14:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Lair Osen
Xequecal wrote:

No, that's with no overheating of the XLASB and no operational solidifiers. Also you can get a 20,000/40,000 DPS tank with just T2 equipment. The tracking is so good (0.111 with no tracking mods, medium neutrons start at 0.12) there's no way to get under the guns. You can't ewar it, and neuting doesn't shut off the boosting or the guns. It's literally unkillable with any reasonably sized non-capital gang that doesn't have multiple logistics to rep the dps until you run them out of cap charges.

Err... Please post this 40k dps (with only one boost running?) XLASB, Bastion, T2 tank...
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#4054 - 2013-09-24 17:18:13 UTC
Lair Osen wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

Err... Please post this 40k dps (with only one boost running?) XLASB T2 tank...

That's why I said 20,000/40,000. Obviously, the 20k is with one booster running while you reload the other, the 40k is with them both running.
Lair Osen
#4055 - 2013-09-24 17:24:55 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Lair Osen wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

Err... Please post this 40k dps (with only one boost running?) XLASB T2 tank...

That's why I said 20,000/40,000. Obviously, the 20k is with one booster running while you reload the other, the 40k is with them both running.

Ok what's this 20k dps Bastion T2 tank fit then?
Nyu Kaminari
Doomheim
#4056 - 2013-09-24 17:51:37 UTC
I know I have wrote along these lines previously but, it is undeniable that what the community previously wanted for their marauders were changes to make them more battle-worthy then their faction and T-1 counterparts. For this reason alone, the current marauders should be tweaked imo and not twisted between PVE and PVP.

Giving additional medium or low slots to be in line with the Tier 3 fittings for BS would solve a lot of complaints by it' self .
of course power grid changes provided look very promising as well as any CPU adjustments that may be needed along with capacitor. It has allowed for example: The paladin to actually fit it's Tach's along with a better repairer & MWD / MJD.

I may be wrong here by suggesting this, however, many many players have been upset with the web bonuses claiming that a higher tracking speed or adjustments to missile bonuses are a must. (drones usually destroy what a Marauder cannot). Because of this, I do not think a web bonus is a necessity at all on the Tier 2 hull whatsoever.

Tank is also a much discussed issue for the current marauder set up. T2 resists or local rep bonus? I suppose that is the toss of a coin if introducing another mid or low slot. seeing as how both of them in conjunction with one another might cause tank unbalancing for missions but would protect people far more in low/zero space.

That is just for the current hulls though and like so many advanced ships (Assault ships, Heavy assault ships, Command ships Ect.) I am thinking it is a MUST HAVE to make a side-by-side marauder which operates a little differently from the PVE counterpart. Both should receive different bonuses when using the bastion module and for as much power as they may gain with that additional high slot, they must also be willing to suffer the consequences of operation.

This can still be versatile and fun. The BM's just have to work properly in order to separate them from any other BS out there.

P.S. gotta work on the tractor beam issue to make it better or get rid of it completely. (Noctis)
DR BiCarbonate
Doomriders.
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#4057 - 2013-09-24 17:59:36 UTC
ok so, let me get this straight....

you're giving them the ability to MJD every minute and a massive range bonus in bastion mode. so the entire idea is to stay OUT of web range and pummel bitches at 60km+ with short range weapons ???

and you're giving them a web bonus.... ha, haha, hahahahhahahahahahahaa

REALLY?

worthless bonus is worthless
Apo Lamperouge
#4058 - 2013-09-24 18:37:07 UTC
Nyu Kaminari wrote:

Giving additional medium or low slots to be in line with the Tier 3 fittings for BS would solve a lot of complaints by it' self .
of course power grid changes provided look very promising as well as any CPU adjustments that may be needed along with capacitor. It has allowed for example: The paladin to actually fit it's Tach's along with a better repairer & MWD / MJD.

I have no fitting issues with t2 tachs with a deadspace large armor repper, mission hardeners, MJD and ~980 dps.
I would love to have an additional low slot for a t2 1600mm plate, but what can you do? I think what I would love to have most is heightened cap regen for extra repper pulsing or a badass tracking bonus and lose web and tractor beam bonus altogether.

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#4059 - 2013-09-24 19:08:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Joe Risalo
Apo Lamperouge wrote:
Nyu Kaminari wrote:

I have no fitting issues with t2 tachs with a deadspace large armor repper, mission hardeners, MJD and ~980 dps.
I would love to have an additional low slot for a t2 1600mm plate, but what can you do? I think what I would love to have most is heightened cap regen for extra repper pulsing or a badass tracking bonus and lose web and tractor beam bonus altogether.

I have the same general feeling about the golem.
You pretty much have to use 2 target painters and a cap booster.
This leaves 4 mids for tank.. Golem can't use torps in lvl 4's anymore thanks to torp range nerfs last year.
They can with bastion, but why would you when you can use the rigs for damge mods and just fit cruise missiles.
Anyway, with MJD you now have 3 mids left for tank....
I would much rather drop the 8th high and instead, get an 8th mid.
I would gladly exchange a salvager for the bastion, but there is no way in hell I would exchange a tank, TP, or cap booster for an MJD... It's just not worth it, expecially on the golem.

Also, some kind of bonus to cap regen or shield booster cap usage in bastion would be awesome, expecially if we aren't immune to cap warfare.
However, since we can't receive cap in bastion, we should be immune to cap war.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#4060 - 2013-09-24 19:18:58 UTC
Meanwhile, elsewhere...

Watch the birdy! (and don't mind what they're going to do to your Marauder).

I swear that my first impression was: "Huh? Another Star Citizen ship?" But then, what's the point to have a Cool (TM) bastion mode animation, when your skill-intensive and expensive marauder has been nerfucked into a unpresentable pile of manure?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you