These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Sir Dragon
Einherjar Yggdrasils
#3681 - 2013-09-14 11:23:39 UTC
Love it . . .

\ö/ first pointless post!!

Then again, we can always pull the upgrades back and undo the changes . . .
By creating a faction version of the maruders . . . eyyyy then we have this version . . . and the new version
Pantera Home Videos:    http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/ck2ykdBrDRM/Pantera-Vulgar-Video-Full-Completo.html  ;  http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/xpma3u7OjfU/Pantera-Watch-It-Go-Full-Completo-CD1.html ;    http://pktube.onepakistan.com/video/yyO9rAx8eoQ/Pantera-Watch-It-Go-Full-Completo-CD2.html .
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3682 - 2013-09-14 11:25:07 UTC
no, just that I may as well be talking to the bloody wall... I've addressed your points throughout, clearly we just have a fundamental difference of opinion - you believe 90% webs are overpowered due to the ability of a short range ship to hit smaller targets up close.

I don't.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

Cade Windstalker
#3683 - 2013-09-14 11:53:59 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
no, just that I may as well be talking to the bloody wall... I've addressed your points throughout, clearly we just have a fundamental difference of opinion - you believe 90% webs are overpowered due to the ability of a short range ship to hit smaller targets up close.

I don't.

Except that your definition of "up close" is "at ridiculously short ranges" and there are counters existing in the game now to prevent a fight from ever getting to that point. In every other case though 90% webs basically say "and now I'm going to hold you in place and beat you until one of us is dead". Never mind when they're actually applied outside of your 1v1 scenario.

Besides, from the sound of it your issue is more with either Large Blasters or the turret tracking formula.
Wedgetail
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3684 - 2013-09-14 12:51:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Wedgetail
Cade Windstalker wrote:
[quote=Gabriel Karade]no, just that I may as well be talking to the bloody wall... I've addressed your points throughout, clearly we just have a fundamental difference of opinion - you believe 90% webs are overpowered due to the ability of a short range ship to hit smaller targets up close.

I don't.

^^ 90% web is fine....provided you have the range of a frigate and about twice the speed of a dreadnaught with a MWD X) - you get given 90% webs cuz before blaster rebalance blasters couldn't hit a damn thing, and even if they could the hulls were too slow to stay in catch-kill range of the other three races (both carry webs, both web each other out, other races still faster - break contact and run (assuming they didn't die in a plasma fire first :D ) )

cuz you can make a weapon that's got 200km total range hit something that's 2 km away but you can't make a gun with 2km total range hit something at 4 km let alone 200 (well, you 'can' but it's not worth trying)

the problem with web bonus on long range ships is it negates the weakpoint of getting close - and as cade has said, the ships that are trying to get close are often ships like interceptors...which can't stand up to cruisers let alone battleships with damage projection as a a focus, if you fight at long range you gotta be weak to close range, and at close range weak to long range, with range + tracking + web bonus you've pretty much got a 200km wide blanket kill zone (with rail/tach/cruise/artie loads) - these ships simply don't miss the targets when they'\re at kite ranges unless ewar has forced em to.

(as an example a vargur can grab enough tracking speed to hit a MWD tama inside their 12 km orbit w/o web assistance - yes those rats have a blown sig, and yes i'm using 800mm autocannons) but i can still do it in a damn battleship 0.12r/s or 0.012 i forget the order of zeros, just know that it is ridiculously awesome to get tracking that good w/o help from another ship, if i get a web bonus too nothing smaller than a BC inside about 20 km has chance - i would like to give you a decent example of 1400's but the vargur simply doesn't use them, and so i can't)
Tlat Ij
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3685 - 2013-09-14 13:55:48 UTC
Posted: 2013.09.05 23:05 - CCP Rise wrote:
In the mean time keep up the discussion and you'll hear from us again soon o/
You need to type "Soon™" or people might think you actually mean "soon". Most people don't consider 2+ business weeks to be "soon".
Lair Osen
#3686 - 2013-09-14 14:47:24 UTC
Tlat Ij wrote:
You need to type "Soon™" or people might think you actually mean "soon". Most people don't consider 2+ business weeks to be "soon".

We don't even have a name for the next expansion yet, let them keep thinking.
Hopefully we can get to 200 before they start a new thread :)
MuntadaralZaidi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3687 - 2013-09-14 16:26:49 UTC
I just came back after almost two years.

Before I left, I dabbled in both lowsec PVP and ran hisec carebear missions in a Vargur.

CCP is trying to fix what ain't broken. Marauders were initially designed to be carebear mission running ships. Or at least that is how they existed for years with no major complaints. To the extent they fell into disfavor, it was because the super-specialized Noctis overtook their tractor/salvage bonuses, at which point a pirate faction BS+Noctis on a dual-boxing, dual-monitor setup became superior for min-maxing carebears.

I continued using my Vargur and never trained a Noctis because I don't have that kind of dual-monitor setup (nor the space for it). Running back to grab a new ship for salvage always seemed like it was wasting a lot of align/warp time to me, and besides the design philosophy of the Vargur minimized my losses to ninja salvagers, as generally there were only frigate and maybe some cruiser wrecks left over for them even while I continued running the missions.

FWIW I used the ship's shield rep bonus to run a 4-slot tank that I fitted to be resistant to disconnects. A Vargur is expensive and my router goes on the fritz sometimes, so I didn't/don't want to lose a nearly billion-isk hull and another 7-800mil in mods because I disconnected while tackled by an NPC frigate. If I DCed, I wanted my tank to be able to sustain long enough for me to log back on. No it wasn't cap stable but several minutes was well enough for my purposes. That still left room for an AB and tracking computer; while I could've easily gone for a more aggressive 3-slot tank the more conservative fit saved my ship on at least four occasions where I had to scramble to relog into the game. Hey, if I lost my ship, I wanted it to be my fault, not my router's/ISP's! (a feeling I hope any capsuleer can understand)

Now I return to find CCP trying to repurpose my main carebear ship, and doing a poor and schizophrenic job at it.

They want to make us fit a bastion module, but they give us an extra highslot for it. That is all well and good.

But they also want to pigeonhole us into fitting MJD, but we still need to get to gates 25-40km away while our base velocity takes a heavy nerf. So that means we need two prop mods.

And now they want to shoehorn a webifier bonus, if I want the ship to synergize with its bonuses, that's 3 mids. Before the standard tracking computer, which brings us up to 4 non-tank mids on a 6-slot, shield-tanked ship.

"But--but--T2 resists and Bastion!"

First off, I run mostly in Minmatar space. Against a lot of Angels. T2 resists won't help me much against Angels, and I'm losing hardener slots to boot. And Bastion fucks up my range for reasons I will now get to...

I'm now expected to MJD to 100m away and pop stuff. (This seems to be supported by giving the Vargur enough PG to fit arties.) But the wrecks are now 50km too far for me to reach them with my tractor beams and salvage them--thereby defeating the original salvage-missions-as-you-go philosophy of the marauder class of ships. Oh, and one of our bonuses now is really only applicable to 10km range, maybe 15 if I went for moar faction bling (which I must also balance against the suicide gank risk).

Yeah that's schizophrenic. Not to mention the entire idea of fitting a ship that will still be there if you happen to DC in the bonus room of Angels Extravaganza just went out the window. Because I come back to find that CCP is re-engineering the ship class around 2 midslots getting taxed away by redesigned hull "bonuses" that don't fit with each other.

If CCP is rebalancing marauders around not staying within tractor range, then yeah any reason (that still exists over a Noctis) to take a marauder over a pirate ship for mission running just went out the window. If CCP believes marauders are obsolete for PVE because they got overshadowed by Noctis, then buff the role bonuses to tractors, maybe add a role bonus for salvaging, and see what happens.

Don't get me wrong. I see potential into what CCP is trying to do for PVP. Instantly repositioning sniper ships with lots of high slots available for cynos/neuting/smartbombing anything that gets too close? Interesting theory. Do want.

But this radical new experiment--let's call it what it is--needs to be split into a different hull like say, Sleipnir and Claymore.
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3688 - 2013-09-14 16:27:50 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:

...big discussion about 90% webs...

90% webs only appear on 4 ship types. I think to have a rational discussion about them it's probably worth considering them in context. Of course any armour ships with 5 mid slots can simulate them (hyperion, legion, proteus in some configs), but you are correct in saying that they give up something to do that, and rightly so.

So:

kronos - the 90% web bonus is there so a 425mm railgun-fitted kronos can clear a mission without worrying about orbiting frigates. The 90% web effectiveness is somewhat compromised in pvp due to the ship's general unsuitability for pvp, so it can be largely ignored in that context.

Paladin - see kronos.

Vindicator - This ship is a pirate ship and as such is supposed to be OP in one respect. For the vindicator, it is that the last thing you ever want to do is get close to it. If you get within 10km of a vindicator, it *should be* the last thing you ever do. That's why it's worth 1Bn, and the navy dominix which can be made to do almost as much damage, is worth 500m (although I actually wonder whether the navy domi is undervalued...)

Vigilant - see vindicator. If you're engaging it in a cruiser or smaller, the last thing you want to do is let it get close. It carries a high price tag to justify this ability to be the 'last thing you get tackled by'

Note that neither the vigilant nor the vindicator are particularly strong. My tests on sisi demonstrate comprehensively to me that in a 1v1, a correctly fitted hyperion defeats a vindicator every time - whether buffered or self-repaired. It's not *that* OP. The only thing the vindi pilot can do is crawl away from the hyperion - unless the hyperion fitted dual webs.

The PVE uses of vindicators and vigilants can be ignored. Game balance around PVE is a misallocation of resources because the outcome of mission efficiency is unimportant to the overall experience of the game. The outcome of a pvp encounter is fundamental to the experience of EVE. Being on either the winning or losing end of the encounter is a very emotional experience for most.

In summary:

* 90% webs can be simulated with 2x meta-4 webs. In any fleet multi-webbing is likely to be implicit, so whether webs are 60%, 70%, 85% or 99% is actually irrelevant when there are more than 2 brawling ships available. Consider a dual-web rapier. No-one has ever claimed that it's OP.

* 90% webs in a 1v1 will only occur with a vindicator or vigilant, where they are a desirable part of the ships overall pvp character.

Thus although 90% webs look like a dangerous and overpowered feature to some, their actual effect on eve is minimal.

I would suggest that the dev team and CSM focus on the imbalance of the ASB first. That is a much more pertinent game-breaker.

/MC

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#3689 - 2013-09-14 16:56:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
MuntadaralZaidi wrote:
I just came back after almost two years.

Before I left, I dabbled in both lowsec PVP and ran hisec carebear missions in a Vargur.

CCP is trying to fix what ain't broken. Marauders were initially designed to be carebear mission running ships. Or at least that is how they existed for years with no major complaints. To the extent they fell into disfavor, it was because the super-specialized Noctis overtook their tractor/salvage bonuses, at which point a pirate faction BS+Noctis on a dual-boxing, dual-monitor setup became superior for min-maxing carebears.

I continued using my Vargur and never trained a Noctis because I don't have that kind of dual-monitor setup (nor the space for it). Running back to grab a new ship for salvage always seemed like it was wasting a lot of align/warp time to me, and besides the design philosophy of the Vargur minimized my losses to ninja salvagers, as generally there were only frigate and maybe some cruiser wrecks left over for them even while I continued running the missions.

FWIW I used the ship's shield rep bonus to run a 4-slot tank that I fitted to be resistant to disconnects. A Vargur is expensive and my router goes on the fritz sometimes, so I didn't/don't want to lose a nearly billion-isk hull and another 7-800mil in mods because I disconnected while tackled by an NPC frigate. If I DCed, I wanted my tank to be able to sustain long enough for me to log back on. No it wasn't cap stable but several minutes was well enough for my purposes. That still left room for an AB and tracking computer; while I could've easily gone for a more aggressive 3-slot tank the more conservative fit saved my ship on at least four occasions where I had to scramble to relog into the game. Hey, if I lost my ship, I wanted it to be my fault, not my router's/ISP's! (a feeling I hope any capsuleer can understand)

Now I return to find CCP trying to repurpose my main carebear ship, and doing a poor and schizophrenic job at it.

They want to make us fit a bastion module, but they give us an extra highslot for it. That is all well and good.

But they also want to pigeonhole us into fitting MJD, but we still need to get to gates 25-40km away while our base velocity takes a heavy nerf. So that means we need two prop mods.

And now they want to shoehorn a webifier bonus, if I want the ship to synergize with its bonuses, that's 3 mids. Before the standard tracking computer, which brings us up to 4 non-tank mids on a 6-slot, shield-tanked ship.

"But--but--T2 resists and Bastion!"

First off, I run mostly in Minmatar space. Against a lot of Angels. T2 resists won't help me much against Angels, and I'm losing hardener slots to boot. And Bastion fucks up my range for reasons I will now get to...

I'm now expected to MJD to 100m away and pop stuff. (This seems to be supported by giving the Vargur enough PG to fit arties.) But the wrecks are now 50km too far for me to reach them with my tractor beams and salvage them--thereby defeating the original salvage-missions-as-you-go philosophy of the marauder class of ships. Oh, and one of our bonuses now is really only applicable to 10km range, maybe 15 if I went for moar faction bling (which I must also balance against the suicide gank risk).

Yeah that's schizophrenic. Not to mention the entire idea of fitting a ship that will still be there if you happen to DC in the bonus room of Angels Extravaganza just went out the window. Because I come back to find that CCP is re-engineering the ship class around 2 midslots getting taxed away by redesigned hull "bonuses" that don't fit with each other.

If CCP is rebalancing marauders around not staying within tractor range, then yeah any reason (that still exists over a Noctis) to take a marauder over a pirate ship for mission running just went out the window. If CCP believes marauders are obsolete for PVE because they got overshadowed by Noctis, then buff the role bonuses to tractors, maybe add a role bonus for salvaging, and see what happens.

Don't get me wrong. I see potential into what CCP is trying to do for PVP. Instantly repositioning sniper ships with lots of high slots available for cynos/neuting/smartbombing anything that gets too close? Interesting theory. Do want.

But this radical new experiment--let's call it what it is--needs to be split into a different hull like say, Sleipnir and Claymore.

That's one good post, albeit i don't share your POV (the Noctis totally blasts marauders out of the water, they can't compete with 4x tractor + 4x salvager) and further I'm a sniper so the MJD bonus is sweet to me.

That said, my marauder is a Golem (and i replaced it for pirate BS ages ago) and the idea of using tank slots for webbers is completely silly in my book. We need bonuses that don't rely on wasting tank slots, period. And in my view, the marauder class "beauty" should be to excel both in ranged (class bonus) and close (bastion bonus) combat. The class asks a hefty price to users, and should reward them in kind.

BTW, with a MJD bonus, you can double-jump your way to a gate faster than otherwise; just picture a isosceles triangle whose equal sides are 100 km and the base is the distance to gate -with the bonused MJD, you will run that distance in 2 minutes.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#3690 - 2013-09-14 16:58:41 UTC
Tlat Ij wrote:

Winter is coming...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

MuntadaralZaidi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3691 - 2013-09-14 17:26:11 UTC  |  Edited by: MuntadaralZaidi
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:

That's one good post, albeit i don't share your POV (the Noctis totally blasts marauders out of the water, they can't compete with 4x tractor + 4x salvager) and further I'm a sniper so the MJD bonus is sweet to me.

That said, my marauder is a Golem (and i replaced it for pirate BS ages ago) and the idea of using tank slots for webbers is completely silly in my book. We need bonuses that don't rely on wasting tank slots, period. And in my view, the marauder class "beauty" should be to excel both in ranged (class bonus) and close (bastion bonus) combat. The class asks a hefty price to users, and should reward them in kind.

BTW, with a MJD bonus, you can double-jump your way to a gate faster than otherwise; just picture a isosceles triangle whose equal sides are 100 km and the base is the distance to gate -with the bonused MJD, you will run that distance in 2 minutes.

Well the Noctis was introduced shortly after I had trained my marauder so I arguably fell victim to the sunk costs fallacy. I still fly it mostly on the principle that one ship is more convenient than two, and trade efficiency for that convenience. (Just as I traded some applied DPS for some ability to tank DCs in my fit.) Although at minimum a marauder is a nice FU to ninja salvagers. They can salvage the frigates because I already got the battleships. Twisted

My intent wasn't to actually refit my ship to use webbers, but to illustrate how silly the web bonus is and how badly it conflicts with the idea of sniping.

I think marauders were originally intended to be all-in-one mission ships. Before the Noctis, they excelled at this role. But the Noctis overshadowed them by specializing in what was previously a marauder's utility. As pirate ships applied more DPS, this left marauders functionally obsolete--really expensive, and for the price there was always another ship (or combination thereof) that was better.

Strictly speaking, 3-4 utility slots will never be as efficient as a Noctis' 8, but it would nonetheless be nice to see the role bonuses catch up so marauders can tractor from 100m too--especially if they're now supposed to be fighting from that range. Adding a % bonus to salvage chance to our role bonus would also be nice, to at least help narrow the effective salvager disparity even if it won't close it.

As far as the MJD bonus goes, technically this is true--however as the game is now, when I'm burning to a gate I'm also salvaging. With MJD trig, I lose that. And I'll still be waiting for MJD to come off cooldown. If I don't MJD, I'll be burning to the gate at the approximate speed of a carrier (as opposed to my currently respectable 470m/s). Maybe. LOL. MJD is obviously new since I was gone to the game, but I like the fit I had, a fit that had no need of MJD.

Don't get me wrong. I don't object to having the versatility to decide to fight at 100km or 10km. But the current costs that CCP is asking us to pay for that versatility (after we already paid the price in SP and ISK) will destroy what remaining role marauders have for carebears in the hopes that maybe a PVP experiment succeeds. If I'm fighting at 100km in a ship that I trained for intending to salvage as I fight, I want to be able to grab those wrecks at 100km for the proper hoover treatment.
Dark Drifter
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#3692 - 2013-09-14 17:28:03 UTC
give the bastion mod a damage bonus (50% - 100%) damage when active.

or add a 5th turret/launcher slot
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#3693 - 2013-09-14 17:30:40 UTC
I'd like to say this, since a lot of people seem to be unable to see it, you are not in any way required to fit any of the bonused modules at all. those bonuses are there to give you options and allow for the ships versatility. If you sniper fit with mjd. dont fit a web, no problem. dont like the idea of using an mjd and a prop mod? dont fit the mjd. You use a noctis instead of the tractor/salvage fittings? don't fit them.

Stop trying to kill these ships versatility. They didn't have it before and it's great now. Just remember,"I don't need this bonus for my playstyle. So, rather than demand the ship cater to me, I just won't use it"
MuntadaralZaidi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3694 - 2013-09-14 17:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: MuntadaralZaidi
Rowells wrote:
I'd like to say this, since a lot of people seem to be unable to see it, you are not in any way required to fit any of the bonused modules at all. those bonuses are there to give you options and allow for the ships versatility. If you sniper fit with mjd. dont fit a web, no problem. dont like the idea of using an mjd and a prop mod? dont fit the mjd. You use a noctis instead of the tractor/salvage fittings? don't fit them.

Stop trying to kill these ships versatility. They didn't have it before and it's great now. Just remember,"I don't need this bonus for my playstyle. So, rather than demand the ship cater to me, I just won't use it"

This would be all well and good if they weren't messing with the bonuses that do fit our playstyle.

I didn't object to the first iteration of Bastion because, while losing velocity and drone bay sucked, the core bonuses that induced me to pay the heavy SP and ISK cost of getting a marauder were still there. And the new bonuses from bastion mod were legit.

I'd love to keep my current fit/playstyle, but the fit is built around having a certain amount of sustained survivability to survive "oh **** my router just randomly reset" moments. With the shield bonus gone, I'll probably have to convert the fit to a pulse tank and therefore risk losing it to things outside of my control, like my ISP deciding to hiccup. Not to mention the updated bonuses are a lot more meh for my purposes.

Having a versatile PVP mini-dread ship is all well and good, but it needs to be a new ship. I don't think any sane capsuleer trained marauders intending to PVP with them, so why are we giving a ship almost exclusively trained for and used in PVE a bunch of PVP bonuses while at the same time taking away the PVE bonuses?
MuntadaralZaidi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3695 - 2013-09-14 17:54:04 UTC  |  Edited by: MuntadaralZaidi
*duplicate post*
Ewersmen
Perkone
Caldari State
#3696 - 2013-09-14 19:09:43 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dosnix
*snip*

Rant post deleted + Avoiding profanity filter is not allowed
ISD Dosnix
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#3697 - 2013-09-14 19:12:15 UTC
Rowells wrote:

A bonus you don't use is making you pay the price for balancing it, and takes the place of a bonus you could use.

That said, maybe marauders could get the same tractor bonus as Noctis? They already have the sensor range to use it, and having only 5x small dornes could just bring in salvage drones and rely purely on DPS to deal with enemies of all sizes (back to damage application bonus when in bastion mode...).

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

EM00
Advanced StarDrive
#3698 - 2013-09-14 19:55:31 UTC
I have always liked the "Raven-type" ships and therefore the Golem is a personal favorite. I have flown the other 3 Marauders too, but for shorter times.

It has been said many times that CCP originally designed them for Pve/mission use - and it has been said just as many times that Pve is the reason a lot of people invested time, skillpoints and isk to train for them. (That is the same reasons I trained for them. :) ) I am not saying this to complain - I actually like the idea of CCP adding more versatility and roles to the Marauders. My point is simply: While CCP adds more cool stuff and makes changes, at the same time please remember to keep their mission abilities. (otherwise we invested all this time to find out the 'cake' is a lie...)

Here are some suggestions that I hope is useful:

I think on the Kronos, Paladin and Vargur a web bonus is very useful. But instead of strength I think a range bonus might solve some problems: +10% range to stasis webifiers per level. To me this brings a good use both for missions and for Pvp.

For the Golem instead of webifiers it makes more sense to me to have a explosion radius bonus: 5% explosion radius per level (similar to some other ships) Perhaps this will help the people that fly with dual target painter setups to remove one and free up a slot for a micro jump drive without totally killing the tank.

I would like it if the Marauders keep their tractor range. (which at the moment looks like it stays) I use a Noctis to salvage, but there are a few situations where a mission critical item drops a distance away and the Marauder tractor range is very useful in saving time and preventing it stolen by thieves. (The tractor range keeps me sane when I get the 'Duo of Death' mission and I have no fast ships closeby)

Overall I like the Bastion module. To me it looks like it has a nice use in missions - if things go really wrong and you get overwhelmed by full aggro and multiple waves (or aliens attack) you can use it as an emergency to survive longer. (since it increase repair amount and projects damage better) And for Pvp I think it is great for short range high dps ships because it adds extra range to the guns/torps while improving the tank to last longer.

I also like the Micro Jump Drive bonus. It definitely is good for Pvp snipers to jump around the battlefield. I also like the triangulation trick that some others posted for missions gates in 2 jumps. (There is that one mission where all Npc's always seem to be destroyed before you get halfway to the next gate... :) ) And the fact is: the ship having the bonus does not force you to fit it - so you don't loose a middle slot unless you actually fit the MJD... and in that case it makes sense that you have to sacrifice something for the extra ability. So I am OK with it.

One thing I don't like is the Vargur and Golem loosing roughly 10% of their cap recharge. Even though they get higher total capacitor points, the 10% recharge decrease is bad and makes a huge difference. Especially since we will have to use less boost amps and more active shield modules that use cap on the Golem to fill the slightly bigger EM hole. Please take the recharge back to what it was.

I agree with others that have said that the T2 resistances while removing the repair bonus create gaps in the tank when doing missions. (except for the Vargur) The recent increase to local repair modules compensates for this partially, but it still means a roughly 25% drop in tanking for 1 resistance - While 2 other resistance are actually overpowered. So I am definitely recommending making the resistances slightly more uniform... decrease the high ones slightly, and increase the lowest one a bit please.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#3699 - 2013-09-14 20:03:33 UTC
i just think adding e-war to non e-war specialist ships (besides pirates) is bizzare ... especially after Ytterbium saying that webs weren't very useful on these ships earlier in the thread .

I think the first iteration was much more like it with a few tweaks would have been great specialization now though they seem to have many specializations and geared more toward RR T2 resist heavy tackling battleships... and kind of stepping on pirate battleships somewhat rather than separating them like is needed.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3700 - 2013-09-14 20:13:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cassius Invictus
Rowells wrote:

Sry Mate but you are the one that can't see it.

I'm not required to fit web, true. Why there is a web on a slowest subcap ship that is supposed to be mainly stationary is beyond me, but you are right here. Also all you guys who support web for PvP: yep it's great on CURRENT marauders. If u will be forced to stay stationary that bonus won't give you anything anymore.

I am forced to fit mjd because of the speed nerf - AB won't cut anymore... also i can't salvage with AB .

I am also forced to use bastion module since I've lost my hull rep bonus and gained NOTHING. You say I gained T2 resists? Well yep for PvP sure, but for PvE I didn't get a damn thing (thats only true for Paladin and Vargur).

Oh and T2 resists for WH sleeprs? Nice but i will still use a Dread for dmg and T3 for anything else. Incursions? Don't fly, don't know, but since I have not seen anyone saying "WOW great Incursion ship" I guess it is not a great Incursion ship.