These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Rubicon] Marauder rebalancing

First post First post First post
Author
Critical Issue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3521 - 2013-09-11 09:09:02 UTC
This thread is still alive ?

I said we need a Juggernaut.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3522 - 2013-09-11 09:09:59 UTC
J3ster wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
I would like to suggest one change to how Bastion Mode works that might solve a few issues and open up their use in PVE (Incursion) groups and perhaps prompt a few experiments in fleet doctrines and smaller gang PVP.

Currently Bastion Mode prevents all remote assistance.

I suggest that perhaps it should instead be "Bastion Mode prevents all remote assistance except from other ships in Bastion Mode".

Considering the wealth of utility slots a Marauder has, that opens up some interesting possibilities.

That's probably one of the better ideas so far. would make a fleet of 2 or 3 marauders a worthy addition to an incursion fleet

For the 200 dudes that still do incisions.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#3523 - 2013-09-11 09:27:39 UTC
Critical Issue wrote:

I second that. Can it be on a Rokh hull?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#3524 - 2013-09-11 09:34:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
Cade Windstalker wrote:
You should take another look at medium rails post-buff. They've got some pretty decent DPS now. A quick thrown together Ferox fit with one TC and three mag-stabs is showing 540 DPS at 31+20 with Navy Antimatter..

Sorry for the confusion, I ment before the buff, as I haven't flown either after it. Originally I had my paragraph written as past tense, but as I edited that sentence I seem to have removed that. I edited it again to clarify that I'm referring to medium rails before 1.1.
Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3525 - 2013-09-11 09:39:24 UTC
Onictus wrote:
J3ster wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
I would like to suggest one change to how Bastion Mode works that might solve a few issues and open up their use in PVE (Incursion) groups and perhaps prompt a few experiments in fleet doctrines and smaller gang PVP.

Currently Bastion Mode prevents all remote assistance.

I suggest that perhaps it should instead be "Bastion Mode prevents all remote assistance except from other ships in Bastion Mode".

Considering the wealth of utility slots a Marauder has, that opens up some interesting possibilities.

That's probably one of the better ideas so far. would make a fleet of 2 or 3 marauders a worthy addition to an incursion fleet

For the 200 dudes that still do incisions.

Some day I would like to be the 201st dude just for fun, but now I'm more interested in their WH Anomaly application.

Just noticed CCP want's to further nerf +4% resist bonus. Because it's to strong. Which ships have those bonuses? Amarr and Caldari. Are they that good at PvP?

Also CCP want's to buff local repair. Which ships have those bonuses? Gallente and Minamatar. Are they bad in PvP?

So it's basicaly a nerf to Amarr and Caldari ships which are not that great at PvP and buff to Gallente and Minamatar which are dominant reces in PvP.

In AT 13 it was allready all-Gallente... are CCP staff secretly Gallentians?
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#3526 - 2013-09-11 10:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Lephia DeGrande
Yeah the Rokh and Abaddon are awesome PvP Ships.

PS: And the Gallente Ships do have some Major drawbacks in large Fleets...
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3527 - 2013-09-11 10:46:26 UTC
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
Yeah the Rokh and Abaddon are awesome PvP Ships.

PS: And the Gallente Ships do have some Major backdraws in large Fleets...

As do rokh and baddon.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3528 - 2013-09-11 10:51:35 UTC
Critical Issue wrote:

Don't worry, well be home by Christmas.
Lephia DeGrande
Luxembourg Space Union
#3529 - 2013-09-11 10:56:08 UTC
The only Thing i really admit is that CCP buff brawling overall, maybe because it brings more Action into our Spreadsheet, i dunno.

But sure that means it pushes the already Good Blaster and Gallente seems pretty OP but, with some letdowns like bad resistance pattern, odd 50/50 Optimal+Falloff, Them/Kin Damage only, very High Signature, kinda low speed and bonuses to activ tanking i think they do have some pretty "Good" disadventages.
Cassius Invictus
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3530 - 2013-09-11 11:20:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Cassius Invictus
Lephia DeGrande wrote:
The only Thing i really admit is that CCP buff brawling overall, maybe because it brings more Action into our Spreadsheet, i dunno.

But sure that means it pushes the already Good Blaster and Gallente seems pretty OP but, with some letdowns like bad resistance pattern, odd 50/50 Optimal+Falloff, Them/Kin Damage only, very High Signature, kinda low speed and bonuses to activ tanking i think they do have some pretty "Good" disadventages.

I fully agree. I really wish gallentian pilots have thier 7,5 rep bonus replaced with something that buffs both acticve and pssive tanking. However since Gallente relly on thier dps and not tank - contrary to amarr, I fear that one day Gallente will be better at both tanking and dps (the way it seems to be going).
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#3531 - 2013-09-11 11:27:09 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Critical Issue wrote:

Doctor Who?

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3532 - 2013-09-11 11:44:42 UTC
Debora Tsung wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Critical Issue wrote:

Doctor Who?

1st Battalion of the Mid-Kent Volunteers 1914
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3533 - 2013-09-11 12:47:20 UTC
Cassius Invictus wrote:
Lephia DeGrande wrote:

I fully agree. I really wish gallentian pilots have thier 7,5 rep bonus replaced with something that buffs both acticve and pssive tanking. However since Gallente relly on thier dps and not tank - contrary to amarr, I fear that one day Gallente will be better at both tanking and dps (the way it seems to be going).

If you compare 2 equivalently fitted ships, the hyperion and abaddon, you find that the gallente ship self-repairs about 10% better than the amarr, but the amarr ship has 10% more EHP and is 10% more efficient at receiving remote repair.

The hyperion does a lot more damage at close range but cannot engage beyond 20km. The abaddon does less damage but can engage out to about 47km - about twice as far.

I chose these 2 ships because they have similar slot layouts.

For solo brawling you'd want the hyperion - if there are 2 of you, it's probably too close to call. If there are 3 or more of you, I think you'd want the abaddon in preference to the hyperion.

It seems fairly balanced to me. I use a hyperion for pvp but the number of situations in which it is better than an amarr ship are quite few - you have to pick your fights.

In gang pvp I'd rather have some amarr ships around me - they're stronger and more versatile.

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#3534 - 2013-09-11 12:56:55 UTC
So....CCP...any more comments on this mess, or are these stats now engraved in wet concrete, and we will see them on Sisi soon?
Rekon X
Doomheim
#3535 - 2013-09-11 13:17:59 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
For the love of God stop introducing new skills and modules for no reason and just balance the ships. This Bastion thing will be incredibly OP in niche PvP situations and most PvE situations and incredibly useless the rest of the time.

I tend to agree with this. Give them a little more power grid and cpu for some versatility and leave them alone.

Plugging in a gimmick in an attempt to adapt it to a roll it was never intended for, I don't see that going over.

If this is what you think you need, create another class of ship, minidread.

Nerfing the drone bay locks you into smalls or mediums. How about leaving the drone bay the way it is?

Definition of goon - a stupid person Those who can do, those who can't spew

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3536 - 2013-09-11 13:30:39 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
So....CCP...any more comments on this mess, or are these stats now engraved in wet concrete, and we will see them on Sisi soon?

I hope not
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3537 - 2013-09-11 13:49:15 UTC
Ohhh, don't worry, thers more to come.

Iv got my popcorn ready for the inevitable flood of rage to follow the next version
Xicho
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#3538 - 2013-09-11 13:51:10 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Are you brain dead? This is an idea for the winter expansion, and a first pass at that.

Be patient.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#3539 - 2013-09-11 14:03:41 UTC
Xicho wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Are you brain dead? This is an idea for the winter expansion, and a first pass at that.

Be patient.

Actually, we are on the 2nd pass.
And with HAC's, if I remember correctly, there were only 2 passes before they showed up on Sisi.
Same with command ships.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#3540 - 2013-09-11 14:36:32 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
Xicho wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Be patient.

Actually, we are on the 2nd pass.
And with HAC's, if I remember correctly, there were only 2 passes before they showed up on Sisi.
Same with command ships.

Do you even READ the thread? THey said they will leave it for a while.. and return at marauders in FUTURE before the expansion.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"