These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Local Armor and Shield repair module changes

First post
Author
Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#41 - 2013-08-01 14:39:16 UTC
So, basically, nerf gang links, nerf deadspace, double-nerf to anyone who dared used gang-links with deadspace modules...

As much as I hate how it's going to effect myself, deadspace and officer modules were meant to be a marginal increase for an expontential price. Instead, they become a significant increase for a.... I don't know, very exponential price, so they became practically required for anyone who was serious, despite the large outlay. Nice to have the progression smoothed out and it made more of a real choice again.

While I think the change is good for the game balance, it is going to hit those who invested in the modules the most- especially if they bought it recently. The module will no longer give them the benefit they were investing in, so they're going to be out of pocket a fair amount.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#42 - 2013-08-01 14:45:36 UTC
Jessica Danikov wrote:
So, basically, nerf gang links, nerf deadspace, double-nerf to anyone who dared used gang-links with deadspace modules...

As much as I hate how it's going to effect myself, deadspace and officer modules were meant to be a marginal increase for an expontential price. Instead, they become a significant increase for a.... I don't know, very exponential price, so they became practically required for anyone who was serious, despite the large outlay. Nice to have the progression smoothed out and it made more of a real choice again.

While I think the change is good for the game balance, it is going to hit those who invested in the modules the most- especially if they bought it recently. The module will no longer give them the benefit they were investing in, so they're going to be out of pocket a fair amount.

But they will continue to use them cause while the old stuff got stronger, the deadspace mods are still stronger than the old stuff, in addition, the value goes down to selling it would mean taking a loss, so instead, continue to use it.

....... maybe we'll see less 18 billion isk tengu losses in the future.

Yaay!!!!

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
#43 - 2013-08-01 14:48:27 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Judas II wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

• Increase the rep amount for all armor repairers (including AARs) by 15%
  • Increase the shield bonus of all shield boosters (except for deadspace/officer reps and ASBs) by 15%

• Daft question, are faction Shield boosters buffed or not? (Dread Guristas, Pith A/B/C/X-type etc etc)

Faction boosters like Dread Guristas are buffed, Deadspace boosters like Pith are not.

This makes the pith c-type strictly worse than DG
    Marc McIntyre Crendraven
    Brave Empire Inc.
    Brave United
    #44 - 2013-08-01 14:48:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Marc McIntyre Crendraven
    Are deadspace and officer ARMOR repair modules are also getting buffed, that would be awesome.

( its says Deadspace/Officer module reps are not but Fozzie put it next to shields, did he mean only boosters aren't getting treatment, and amor reps are?

Eat Lead!!! Err....Antimatter...whatever!

Raimo
    Genos Occidere
    TRUTH. HONOUR. LIGHT.
    #45 - 2013-08-01 14:48:31 UTC
    Amazing, please go ahead with the OP
    Kobea Thris
    Inquisition FiS Division
    #46 - 2013-08-01 14:51:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kobea Thris
    I've asked before, and your response was "Someday maybe", but I'll ask again here. Can Gallente and Minmitar get a their tank bonus on a cruiser please? It would be very awesome now.

Gospadin
    Bastard Children of Poinen
    #47 - 2013-08-01 14:58:37 UTC
    Xequecal wrote:
    Unforgiven Storm wrote:
    Quote:
    Increase the shield bonus of all shield boosters (except for deadspace/officer reps and ASBs) by 15%

I understand that giving 15% to deadspace/officer reps will make them too OP, but not giving nothing will make then loose the advantage they had in compaction to "normal" ones, is that intencional ?

why not given them 5% to keep them in line, proportionally speaking, with the "normal" ones?

The Gist boosters are phenomenally overpowered and have been since forever, they absolutely need this relative nerf.

Imperial Navy MARs have a rep:cap ratio of 2. A-type MARs have a rep:cap ratio of 2.6. Going from faction to best deadspace is a 30% increase in efficiency.

Caldari Navy medium shield boosters have a boost:cap ratio of 1.5. With a SBA II fitted they have a boost:cap ratio of 2.04. Gistum A-type boosters have a boost:cap ratio of 4.473. With a pith X-type SBA fitted they have a boost:cap ratio of 6.49, a 218% increase in efficiency over faction.

So, basically, going from best faction repper to best deadspace repper lets you rep 30% more for the same cap. Going from best faction to best deadspace shield boosters lets you boost 218% more shield for the same amount of cap. Yeah, that's exceptionally fair.

So you're saying that faction reppers are overpowered?

Danny John-Peter
    The Congregation
    OnlyFleets.
    #48 - 2013-08-01 15:00:10 UTC
    Seems again like some fairly Legit changes.

My Cap injected Hawk will fly again.
    CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #49 - 2013-08-01 15:06:02 UTC
    Michael Harari wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Judas II wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

• Increase the shield bonus of all shield boosters (except for deadspace/officer reps and ASBs) by 15%

• Daft question, are faction Shield boosters buffed or not? (Dread Guristas, Pith A/B/C/X-type etc etc)

Faction boosters like Dread Guristas are buffed, Deadspace boosters like Pith are not.

You are correct, that's a detail that I had missed and since the rep bonus increase from T2 to DG boosters is twice as much as the rep bonus increase from T2 to DB armor reps it probably means the DG/CN boosters need to get excluded from this change. Gonna do some more thinking and get back to you.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Vincent Athena
    Photosynth
    #50 - 2013-08-01 15:11:12 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Michael Harari wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Judas II wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:

You are correct, that's a detail that I had missed and since the rep bonus increase from T2 to DG boosters is twice as much as the rep bonus increase from T2 to DB armor reps it probably means the DG/CN boosters need to get excluded from this change. Gonna do some more thinking and get back to you.

Get out Excel and make some bar graphs!

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Gizznitt Malikite
    Agony Unleashed
    Agony Empire
    #51 - 2013-08-01 15:11:39 UTC

While I like the change... how will this effect the solo PvP atmosphere?

Will the increase be to the point where two active rep ships will simply permatank each other?
    Mole Guy
    Bob's Bait and Tackle
    I Showed You My Probes... Please Respond...
    #52 - 2013-08-01 15:11:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Mole Guy
    ill take that 15% bonus!

prollem remains, the shield boost hits first, the armor has to wait till the end of the cycle.
    the shield cycles several times in the same amount of time the armor does once.

if armor needs to wait till the end, make rep time shorter.
    if shield gets it immediately, then make shields hit first but have a longer cycle time.

right now, its 2 strikes against armor and 2 bonuses for shield reps.
    Harvey James
    The Sengoku Legacy
    #53 - 2013-08-01 15:13:02 UTC
    Is there no plans to look at other aspects of armour repping there has been many threads and discussions about ideas to improve armour repping including AAR's? beside just buffing rep amount as you must know there are other problems with armour repping besides just rep amount

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Maximus Andendare
    Stimulus
    Rote Kapelle
    #54 - 2013-08-01 15:16:01 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    XXSketchxx wrote:
    Will these changes affect capital reps? I know you don't say they won't, just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Cause this could have an interesting effect on combat triage.

They will affect local capital reps, yes.
    Listen, Fozzie, I'm all for active tanking getting buffs, but don't you fear that Archons will just be *that* much more overpowered and overutilized than they are now? I mean, you're going to have both gang links AND this change buff local capital reps--I can't see any other reason to use anything other than an Archon (or Chimera) at this point. Unless you guys are planning on adding a local repair amount bonus or shield rep bonus to the Thanatos or Niddy, then, you've effectively just killed those two ships for any uses outside some poor-decision-making ratting or POS repair.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

ElQuirko
    University of Caille
    Gallente Federation
    #55 - 2013-08-01 15:16:14 UTC
    Fozzie you gorgeous man <3

Dodixie > Hek

poepstreep66
    United Electro-Magnetic Federation
    Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
    #56 - 2013-08-01 15:16:14 UTC
    "Increase the rep amount for all armor repairers (including AARs) by 15%
    Increase the shield bonus of all shield boosters (except for deadspace/officer reps and ASBs) by 15% "

Once again sounds to me like a lazy way to balance out the shield/armor differences. Instead they should be balancing it in a smart way. Looking at things such as base hitpoints resistances etc. It is already a fact that armor has a bigger variety of modules to build up tank cq. armor shift hardners, energized plating, normal plating, active hardners. Then there is also the damage control unit which might also boost shield a little bit, but is still armor oriented.

This where shield resistance can be build up by just 2 modules. Amplifiers and hardeners. Where there is only avail. an adaptive version for the hardeners, not the amps.

Time after time you guys are picking easy and 'dirty' solutions, where instead you should be using more sophisticated solutions.
    Not to start about the way this game is getting dumber after each expansion. With dumb i mean lower entry, easier for newer players. Result will maybe be more income on short notice. More new players signing up. However how long will this last? New players will get bored at some point, leave the game. Where will that leave you? Tada, your hardcore group of players which all left the game cause of all the nerving and dumbing.

CCP you are looking at the wrong target market in your game.

Greetings,
    An eve player that is starting to get disappointed.

/end ragemode.
    Lord Eremet
    The Seatbelts
    #57 - 2013-08-01 15:16:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Eremet
    Me like this very much. finally a boost to self-rep.

But I do have a question though, why 15% and not just move a all reppers up a level? that would be a 12,5% increase, example making a t2 rep as effective as a true sansha is now.

Not that I am complaining mind you, I just like round even numbers.
    blarggg
    MuffinMen
    #58 - 2013-08-01 15:17:19 UTC
    Caleb Ayrania wrote:
    Will this apply to repair drones also? (Would be nice with maybe a bit more than 15% on drones imho)

Is it going to be on all meta levels, and could some minor gradient balance be considered?

I didn't see any responses to this guys drone question so i figured i quote to make it get noticed.

Will drones get +15% repair amount? (or +22.137% based on arbitrary math)
    Gospadin
    Bastard Children of Poinen
    #59 - 2013-08-01 15:17:55 UTC
    Mole Guy wrote:
    ill take that 15% bonus!

prollem remains, the shield boost hits first, the armor has to wait till the end of the cycle.

True, but in exchange, armor repping is 15% more hp/s than shield boosters for less power.
    T2 medium shield repper is ~35 hp/s, while T2 med shield booster is ~30 hp/s

Kenrailae
    Center for Advanced Studies
    Gallente Federation
    #60 - 2013-08-01 15:18:06 UTC
    How bout some Numbers.... Yeah, I like numbers.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal