These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How can you try pvp when

Author
Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#81 - 2013-09-29 10:11:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Dalto Bane
Hell, I've been stone cold drunk flying around in Syndicate, then the blackouts, and woke up the next morning after DT, logged on expecting to see the station my med clone was at and the insurance payout, but low and behold, ship was in one piece, all my guns were burned out, and had 10 exotic dancer in my cargo hold, and guess where I was at, right in the center of Provi.. So yeah, OP, good luck bro, but I really don't think you are going to find much sympathy around here when you are looking at getting in to PVP and can't circumvent a few gate camps. DOTLAN maps will be your best friend if you take a look at it and really study the route you take, like how many kills in the system, etc. GL again!

-One last thing, and really the point I was getting at is don't be a Dalto, because the best learning experiences I have had in Eve were always the expensive ones, story above is true, but I have died way more than lived drunk flying, or not scouting the way ahead, whether through 3rd party apps like DOTLAN or taking a look at the guys camping the gate to see when their most active times are.. there are a hundreds of ways to do it, and your gonna have to start learning. I find it sad that your Corpmates aren't giving you a hand, but sometimes you just gotta ask.

Drops Mic

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2013-09-29 19:36:13 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Out of the thousands of systems in EVE, there's only a tiny few that are camped to the degree you're talking about

why pick those systems bro

Yes, but in the other hand, we must be honest, it's always the bottlenecks which are camped, so saying that there is tons of choice is not really exact.
I speak about pipes to null sec, if you just want to go to low sec it's indeed much easier to find alternative ways.
It also depend at which time you log in. During quiet hours you can pretty much go where you want, but during the US/EU evenings, sometimes it's hard to find one pipe in the whole cluster which is not camped.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2013-10-01 10:38:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagura Nikon
Cooper Tzash wrote:
your not even given the chance to get into a system?

for the past 2 days i have been trying to get into a location to try pvp, how the hell am i supposed to enjoy pvp when i can't even get into a location to try it. Gates are camped, anything that moves through the gate is destroyed. Sorry but i just cannot see the point in buying another ship for some campers to pop.

then you just found pvp. PVP is not being always the apex predator. Can't beat them? go around, go somewhere else.

The only real problem eve has related to newcommers and PVP is indeed lack of information. Some say use google, but you need to know that somethign exists to search for it.

Most peopel have no idea about gate camps, traps etc.

I remember the first few times i lost a cruiser I was enraged how unfair was T2 cruisers hunting my cruiser at the very first exits of high sec. At least I was lucky of going into low sec within 2 weeks of character creation. That allowed me to learn from the start that thigns are dangerous. I developed a sense that I was the PREY, i did not had any idiotic illusion that because i had ran level 4 missions i knew how to fight and could defeat the enemies ( i was still in level 2 back then). Since i had the mentality of being hunted by sharks, I soon learned valuable things.

I almost stopped when I lost 4 ruptures on same day, but luckly , I had payed 3 months in advance, so I decided to continue.. and then the learnign started to kick in.

The best way to make newcommers not SHOCKED when they die, is make them go to low sec with the "YOU ARE BEIG HUNTED, you are a NOTHING!"mentality on the first week.

The current advertisement of eve, that makes the newplayer think that he is almighty and powerful at the start is one of the reasons the frustration kicks in.

Eve must show at tutorial and introduction and advertisement that you are rich and IMORTAL, but you are just a tiny fish at the start and there is the adventure of trying to grab richness and slip between the jaws of giant sharks.

Another thing that helped back then, we did not had warp to zero. That meant that the gatecamp were in other side of the gate, they were not as much of a surprise. They felt less unfair back then because of that. I felt i coudl check for them and avoid them more

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Tao Dolcino
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2013-10-01 11:17:18 UTC
Lugia3 wrote:
As expected, OP has biomassed.

Well, off to WoW with him. Good riddance.

When there will only be arrogant "elite" bittervets left in EVE, paying their subscriptions with ISK, then CCP will pull the plug. Good riddance.
Leor Duku
Doomheim
#85 - 2013-10-01 11:54:37 UTC
0.5/10
Janna Sway
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2013-10-03 07:49:14 UTC
Cooper Tzash wrote:
your not even given the chance to get into a system?

for the past 2 days i have been trying to get into a location to try pvp, how the hell am i supposed to enjoy pvp when i can't even get into a location to try it. Gates are camped, anything that moves through the gate is destroyed. Sorry but i just cannot see the point in buying another ship for some campers to pop.

I promise you, you can get through most gatecamps with your pvp ship. you just have to fit it for the purpose of passing the gatecamp. after passing it, dock up somewhere and refit.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2013-10-03 09:30:10 UTC
Get a corpie to scan down a wormhole in your area. Find a low or highsec entrance and go that way. I do it all the time, usually takes 15 to 30 mins to find a 1 or 2 jump route from high to my null sec area.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#88 - 2013-10-03 12:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Lloyd Roses
Cooper Tzash wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Out of the thousands of systems in EVE, there's only a tiny few that are camped to the degree you're talking about

why pick those systems bro

corp operates out of there....providence. Yong gate is a bloody nightmare

It's easy!

Set your medical clone home station to the corp's HQ.
self-destruct pod.

*done

I'm also part of the mass of people who lost their first thrashers by randomly jumping around in lowsec with 150k SP :P
Major Killz
Tr0pa de elite.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#89 - 2013-10-03 12:14:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Major Killz
CCP should REALLY make ALL stargates regional size stargates. Which would make "Gate camps" a lot more difficult but, not impossible.

[u]Ich bin ein Pirat ![/u]

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#90 - 2013-10-03 12:17:19 UTC
Major Killz wrote:
CCP should REALLY make ALL stargates constellation stargates. Which would make "Gate camps" a lot more difficult but, not impossible.

That would STRONGLY benefit the campers. Adapted tactics mean that, using a remote-sebo'ed rapier/hyena, nothing is going to get through, nor burn back to the gate. It would help supress spontaneous sabre'ing on nullgates, but would imo fiurther aggravate the situation in low.