These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How can you try pvp when

Author
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#41 - 2013-05-28 06:11:21 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
1. Buy covert ops frigate.
2. Fit covert ops cloak.
3. Laugh at campers in local.
4. Collect tears.

Every hound on my killboard thought this was good advice. There's an art to running a competent gatecamp.
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#42 - 2013-05-28 20:55:39 UTC
I hear Ventures are the new hotness when it comes to blowing thru a gatecamp..:)

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Katie Frost
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2013-05-28 22:56:37 UTC
Cooper Tzash wrote:
your not even given the chance to get into a system?

for the past 2 days i have been trying to get into a location to try pvp, how the hell am i supposed to enjoy pvp when i can't even get into a location to try it. Gates are camped, anything that moves through the gate is destroyed. Sorry but i just cannot see the point in buying another ship for some campers to pop.

So you jumped into a system and got killed by other players.

Hi, you just PvP-ed... and you lost.

This is nothing more than a whine thread about you losing a ship and not being able to deal with a simple gate-camp. Stay in high-sec dude.
Regis Solo
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-05-29 11:40:17 UTC
Haulie Berry wrote:
Falcus Aurelius wrote:
Haulie Berry wrote:
Cooper Tzash wrote:
@ the halle berry wannabe

this kind of sums you up

Toxic people like to accuse, tantrum, manipulate and smear their way to habe their own way or even the last word. Their out-of-control emotions and self-centeredness make the blame game and the smear campaign two of their favorite tactics for keeping you engaged with them so they can feed off you.
Upset a toxic person, and they’ll be shooting infuriating drama-baits your way and just waiting for you to bite the hook, the only way to win with a toxic person is not to play.

so i guess i won't be bothering to check this thread anymore.

cya toxic berry

What is this I don't even

Well...from here it looks like that was you getting owned for being a see you in tee.

Be nice to noobs ffs, they are this games lifeblood afterall...how hard is it to hold someones hand once in awhile?

I guess, if inarticulate ranting by a quasi-literate imbecile constitutes "ownage". Lol

Looked like the OP throwing a tantrum, from where I was sitting.

I am frequently nice to noobs. I have no patience for whiners, regardless of level of experience.

It seems that you are quite the opposite of nice to noobs. I see this kind of elitism all the time, yawn!
Mathrin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2013-05-31 21:48:51 UTC
If you have to ask on the forums about how to get into a system your corp works out of you probably need a new corp.
Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-06-01 03:21:12 UTC
First thing you should do to try and pick up PVP is join a PVP corporation or a corporation that will teach PVP to you.

EVE Uni is good if you are totally new to the game.

Red vs Blue is a classic and still going strong. I haven't met a single person who's tried it and regretted it. Some people create separate characters just for RvB

Faction Warfare is good if you don't mind hurting your standings with some parts of Empire Space.

Or you could try one of the many wonderful PVP corporations out there. My corp is pretty proficient :) but this isn't a recruitment thread, do research and find which corps would be good for you. Even if you just want to solo, joining anyone one of the listed groups will provide you with help should you need it as well as good locations and targets for PVP. The best part is they will teach you a thing or two on the way.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Grandma Squirel
#47 - 2013-06-01 04:16:33 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
2. Fit covert ops cloak.
4. Collect tears.

Every hound on my killboard thought this was good advice. There's an art to running a competent gatecamp.

There is also an art to not dying to them in your hound.
1. Use your jump cloak timer to evaluate the situation.
2a. If there is no dictor/hictor on the gate, you can probably hit warp to a celestial, and cloak away.
2b. If there is one dictor, and not too much really fast tackle, look for celestial that you can align at, that will also quickly take you away from the gate, hit align, hit MWD, hit cloak. DO NOT HIT WARP until you are out of the initial bubble, then spam it.
2c. If there are multiple dictors, a large anchored bubble, or tons of fast tackle, approach gate, overload MWD, cloak, spam jump and pray.
3. Odds are good your still alive unless it was a massive camp, though sometimes luck is just against you.

Best method for dealing with a gate camp:
1. Warp totally inconspicuous ferox to gate
2. Perform cyno checklist
3. Jump through, point the most expensive ship (s) on field, light cyno
4. Profit
Raymond Moons
Parallactic Veil
#48 - 2013-06-01 11:54:01 UTC
Quote:
2b. If there is one dictor, and not too much really fast tackle, look for celestial that you can align at, that will also quickly take you away from the gate, hit align, hit MWD, hit cloak. DO NOT HIT WARP until you are out of the initial bubble, then spam it.
2c. If there are multiple dictors, a large anchored bubble, or tons of fast tackle, approach gate, overload MWD, cloak, spam jump and pray.
3. Odds are good your still alive unless it was a massive camp, though sometimes luck is just against you.

Actually you can hit cloak and then MWD. You will get one cycle of MWD before it switches off. If you want to crash the gate try this: wait out the session change timer, right click the stargate, select "set waypoint as", overload MWD, switch on AP and then MWD. You should auto-jump as soon as in range.

Dual sensor boosting HICs (or remote boosted) with a focussed point should be able to catch pretty much everything trying to warp away; if they're paying attention.
Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#49 - 2013-06-07 13:19:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Noxisia Arkana
To OP - If you plan on playing by yourself on one account AND you are committed to going through the same gate - here is what I would do. Get your main character into the system, go ahead and log off at that lowsec gate. Create an alternate character. Log on with said character, fly to the system you want to be in (with a rookie ship)

On the highsec side of that gate, have your newb alt spend 1/2 his starting isk to move his clone in system. Fly to the lowsec gate. Jump through. If there's a gate camp, go grab a coke and wait for your ship to wake up next door. Watch some T.V. keep losing free newbie ships, and pods at no cost until you are fairly certain there is no gate camp there.

Log your main back on, jump through said gate. congratulations, you are now in Lowsec and can plan on getting blobbed in a plex or jumped at a celestial. Enjoy.

To Jane - great attitude, I generally assume I'm going to lose my ship as well - because it's really a little more fun that way.

Edit: If your going to make an alt for this purpose; I would suggest making the name something funny. At least let the campers have a laugh. My favorite are variations are 'not NPC scout,' 'pod pinatta,' or 'free candy inside.'
Pinaculus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2013-06-11 17:20:03 UTC
I don't get this post at all.

OP wants to PVP in EVE, gets killed at a gate camp, and complains about it?

OP....that was PVP in EVE. All the stuff you see in the techno laden Youtube videos are the highlights reels of people's PVP. They're good videos because those fights aren't normal! Next time you see one go check the same guy's killboard. I guarantee you you'll see them losing tons of ships in 1 vs. 10 scenarios (aka Gatecamps, Friends in the Next System, Logged on Alts, etc.)

Getting your face smashed in IS solo pvp in EVE. It's why the fights where that doesn't happen are so awesome even if you lose.

Go buy some poor-fit T1 ships and lose them. That's PVP.

I know sometimes it's difficult to realize just how much you spend on incidental things each month or year, but seriously, EVE is very cheap entertainment compared to most things... If you are a smoker, smoke one less pack a week and pay for EVE, with money left over to pick up a cheap bundle of flowers for the EVE widow upstairs.

Garresh
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2013-06-12 02:09:35 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
2. Fit covert ops cloak.
4. Collect tears.

And there's an art to slipping through such a competent gate camp. But always glad to see gate campers doing it right. I don't much like gate campers...but if there's one thing I hate, its stupid gate campers.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#52 - 2013-06-19 17:22:49 UTC
As expected, OP has biomassed.

Well, off to WoW with him. Good riddance.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2013-06-21 14:27:25 UTC
Cooper Tzash wrote:
your not even given the chance to get into a system?

for the past 2 days i have been trying to get into a location to try pvp, how the hell am i supposed to enjoy pvp when i can't even get into a location to try it. Gates are camped, anything that moves through the gate is destroyed. Sorry but i just cannot see the point in buying another ship for some campers to pop.

well that IS pvp.. you were participating in PVP when you cross a gate camp.. exploding or not. PVP is not made only of hunters, but as of targets as well.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-06-21 19:18:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Don't just enter with a fleet. Come up with a plan to break the camp. These guys have custom fits to make the best of camping. You can build a custom fleet to stomp the crap out of them. Be crafty and surprise them
Hidalgo Antriz
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2013-06-21 21:27:32 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
2. Fit covert ops cloak.
4. Collect tears.

Will have to try this sometime. Brilliant.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle5
#56 - 2013-06-22 15:01:34 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Cooper Tzash wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Out of the thousands of systems in EVE, there's only a tiny few that are camped to the degree you're talking about why pick those systems bro
corp operates out of there....providence. Yong gate is a bloody nightmare.

I think the solution is to quit your corp. If they can't help you get to the area they operate in, then they aren't really worth all that much. (The mere fact you need to go to forums to get ideas is bad enough)
Lychton Kondur
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#57 - 2013-07-05 15:17:27 UTC
ShockedShockedShocked

Oh my god. He Biomassed.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Cooper%20Tzash

"Cooper Tzash cannot be found.

There is currently no character profile with the name Cooper Tzash "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Orvus Prime
DAB
Solyaris Chtonium
#58 - 2013-07-06 02:01:04 UTC
Minmatar and amarr faction warfare areas are the best place for PvP in high sec. I've gotten a few group kills in those area. Around Bosoger amamake is always camped by a alliance called atrocities.
Haulie Berry
#59 - 2013-07-10 15:08:18 UTC
Lychton Kondur wrote:
ShockedShockedShocked

Oh my god. He Biomassed.

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Cooper%20Tzash

"Cooper Tzash cannot be found.

There is currently no character profile with the name Cooper Tzash "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And nothing of value was lost.
Ciyrine
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-07-10 20:31:48 UTC
A newb interested in pvp quit. Something of value was lost. 600k subscribers and 8 alts per vet player average? Eve needs new blood, but the old vets are so full of their own **** how obvious everything is they cant help but **** on new players.