These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hi Resolution Texture Pack - Show Your Support!!!

First post First post
Author
Lucius Exitius
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#2241 - 2013-10-10 20:42:03 UTC
I'll just leave this here...

+1

Titus Balls
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2242 - 2013-10-11 13:52:36 UTC
+1

I didn't spend all that money on a fancy computer - then only play Eve on it - to have low resolution textures

(Yes, since re-installing Eve recently Steam hasn't even been opened)
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2243 - 2013-10-11 16:18:36 UTC
CCP Seagull wrote:
I just want to clarify that while we have higher resolution textures for our ships, delivering them to you is not as trivial as putting the files on the interwebs and be done. We are looking into how to best do this, and we are not holding back because we think no-one wants this! It is just not trivial to do, and we need to both investigate and weigh various options for how to deliver it, that require involvement from multiple aspects of how we develop EVE - such as the rendering engine, game settings, launcher and server operations.

We have heard you loud and clear though that this is something players would appreciate - and we are investigating if we can do it and when. You’ll see a devblog about it if we decide to go ahead.

/CCP Seagull


While you're thinking about this please could you consider having an option to download the highres textures in batches? There are still parts of the world where people have monthly bandwidth caps (fairly low ones), so the ability to download them bit by bit over a period of time would be greatly appreciated.
Montevius Williams
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2244 - 2013-10-11 16:35:19 UTC
CCP Seagull wrote:
Hey all - thanks for all the input in this thread!

I just want to clarify that while we have higher resolution textures for our ships, delivering them to you is not as trivial as putting the files on the interwebs and be done. We are looking into how to best do this, and we are not holding back because we think no-one wants this! It is just not trivial to do, and we need to both investigate and weigh various options for how to deliver it, that require involvement from multiple aspects of how we develop EVE - such as the rendering engine, game settings, launcher and server operations.

We have heard you loud and clear though that this is something players would appreciate - and we are investigating if we can do it and when. You’ll see a devblog about it if we decide to go ahead.

/CCP Seagull


Thanks for the reply. I'm curious, do you have high res textures for other assets such as Nebula and stations?

"The American Government indoctrination system known as public education has been relentlessly churning out socialists for over 20 years". - TravisWB

Alpha Eri
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#2245 - 2013-10-11 17:32:08 UTC
Montevius Williams wrote:
CCP Seagull wrote:
Hey all - thanks for all the input in this thread!

I just want to clarify that while we have higher resolution textures for our ships, delivering them to you is not as trivial as putting the files on the interwebs and be done. We are looking into how to best do this, and we are not holding back because we think no-one wants this! It is just not trivial to do, and we need to both investigate and weigh various options for how to deliver it, that require involvement from multiple aspects of how we develop EVE - such as the rendering engine, game settings, launcher and server operations.

We have heard you loud and clear though that this is something players would appreciate - and we are investigating if we can do it and when. You’ll see a devblog about it if we decide to go ahead.

/CCP Seagull


Thanks for the reply. I'm curious, do you have high res textures for other assets such as Nebula and stations?


... And planets and asteroids. Asteroids look like asteriodshaped plastic with small holes, and some planets look very lowres.
Aglais
Ice-Storm
#2246 - 2013-10-11 22:29:34 UTC
Question:

Would such an optional thing also perhaps include by-constellation nebula changes? That would be absolutely fantastic and improve immersion even more.
Alvarus Marez
Prophets Of Fortune Ind.
#2247 - 2013-10-12 03:44:47 UTC
OMFG Yes.
Solhild
Doomheim
#2248 - 2013-10-12 06:47:15 UTC
Aglais wrote:
Question:

Would such an optional thing also perhaps include by-constellation nebula changes? That would be absolutely fantastic and improve immersion even more.


This is needed
Nomen Clay
Night Raven Task Force
United Interests
#2249 - 2013-10-12 07:08:08 UTC
Signed.
Alyssa Karkatu
The Vendunari
End of Life
#2250 - 2013-10-14 09:11:54 UTC
Hell yes! This would be an awesome feature. As long as it isn't an Nvidia only thing that isSmile
Khimes Quds
Eclipse Pulsar
WE FORM V0LTA
#2251 - 2013-10-14 09:33:15 UTC
+1 for ships and +1 for better textures for scenery objects like planets etc.
Xillix Amaranthine
#2252 - 2013-10-14 09:36:11 UTC
Great idea, let's make this 10 year old game look like it's brand new! Especially when zooming into objects, DX11 flex time.
Just Lilly
#2253 - 2013-10-14 23:12:27 UTC
High res textures coming with Rubi Question
Powered by Nvidia GTX 690
cyndrogen
The Greatest Corp in the Universe
#2254 - 2013-10-15 08:58:25 UTC
+1

Every day in every way I improve my skills and get better.

witchking42
Signal Cartel
#2255 - 2013-10-15 10:36:04 UTC
+1

However i've not seen a dev comment with so many "IFs" for a long time !!
Earth Beast
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#2256 - 2013-10-15 11:51:29 UTC
I would like to clarify, since CCP has a habit of going All-In when it comes to adding new features, that I am all for Hi-Rez textures and graphics, assuming there is an OPTION to turn it OFF.

Just hear me out, CCP...

an OPTION....to ENABLE...or DISABLE...a potentially annoying or buggy feature!

I know this a new concept to wrap your heads around but just bear with us and we can all get through this together.
Rikard Nomm
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2257 - 2013-10-15 12:07:01 UTC
do want. badly.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#2258 - 2013-10-15 12:39:04 UTC
Xillix Amaranthine wrote:
Great idea, let's make this 10 year old game look like it's brand new! Especially when zooming into objects, DX11 flex time.



Trinity all over again. Cool

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Maximillan Lancaster
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2259 - 2013-10-15 14:52:39 UTC
GIVE IT HERE.
Laetitia Nzero
Southern Cross Silver Shields
Flying Dangerous
#2260 - 2013-10-16 23:28:09 UTC
Seriously? Where is my texture pack?

CCP, email me the pack and ill double it for you, then send you one back.. Honest!