These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

AFK Cloaking Collection Thread

First post First post
Author
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#1821 - 2013-09-24 20:54:33 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Because you guys seem to be claiming that by removing an AFK cloaker, PVE players and miners would die less. This is utterly wrong. Prove that AFK cloakers are increasing actual threat, not just introducing an appearance of threat.

Lucas Kell wrote:
It's like you don't read anything at all. You MUST treat them as NOT AFK as you can't tell they are AFK.
But that DOESN'T MEAN their purpose there is to get kills, it's to deny resources.
So you can't just say "false threat, move on", but at the same time you can't say removing them reduces death of PVE players and miners, because that's BS.

Okay, I'm confused. On the one hand you have to treat them as if they are NOT AFK aren are going to kill you, but on the other they are absolutely not there to kill you, but to deny you resources.

I'm sensing a mixed message here on yor part Lucas. Maybe you can pound this square peg into the round hole for us and reconcile these rather contradictory claims.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1822 - 2013-09-24 21:12:38 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Because you guys seem to be claiming that by removing an AFK cloaker, PVE players and miners would die less. This is utterly wrong. Prove that AFK cloakers are increasing actual threat, not just introducing an appearance of threat.

Lucas Kell wrote:
It's like you don't read anything at all. You MUST treat them as NOT AFK as you can't tell they are AFK.
But that DOESN'T MEAN their purpose there is to get kills, it's to deny resources.
So you can't just say "false threat, move on", but at the same time you can't say removing them reduces death of PVE players and miners, because that's BS.

Okay, I'm confused. On the one hand you have to treat them as if they are NOT AFK aren are going to kill you, but on the other they are absolutely not there to kill you, but to deny you resources.

I'm sensing a mixed message here on yor part Lucas. Maybe you can pound this square peg into the round hole for us and reconcile these rather contradictory claims.

It's really simple. Since you don;t know if they are AFK or not, you must treat them as NOT AFK, otherwise you are exposing yourself to a potential gank. Thus, AFK cloakers affect null. They know this, that's why they do it.

Removing the ambiguity of their presence denies the ability for an AFK player to affect null, but does not reduce the level of ganks, since the standard response to an AFK cloaker is avoidance.

Somehow Nikk seems to think this means I have to prove that I have the right to know the difference, when clearly all I'm stating is that what he is complaining about - the change to AFK cloaking suddenly making null risk free - is absolute nonsense. The only thing that changes is AFK players can't deny access to areas, which in my opinion, they shouldn't be able to.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#1823 - 2013-09-24 21:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Teckos Pech
Lucas Kell wrote:
Teckos Pech wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

Lucas Kell wrote:

It's really simple. Since you don;t know if they are AFK or not, you must treat them as NOT AFK, otherwise you are exposing yourself to a potential gank. Thus, AFK cloakers affect null. They know this, that's why they do it.

Removing the ambiguity of their presence denies the ability for an AFK player to affect null, but does not reduce the level of ganks, since the standard response to an AFK cloaker is avoidance.

Somehow Nikk seems to think this means I have to prove that I have the right to know the difference, when clearly all I'm stating is that what he is complaining about - the change to AFK cloaking suddenly making null risk free - is absolute nonsense. The only thing that changes is AFK players can't deny access to areas, which in my opinion, they shouldn't be able to.

Again Lucas you very much appear to be wanting to have your cake and eat it too. You have argued again, that the AFK cloaker is not there to get kills...but he might kill you, and thus you have to treat him as if he is always active.

Might I suggest you just drop the claims that AFK cloakers aren't after kills. That might not be the primary reason for AFK cloaking, but it very well could be a secondary reason.

And yes, if an AFK cloakers does on occassion kill a null dweller, removing them reduces kills in null sec. You yourself have said they sometimes get a kill. Preventing AFK cloakers means that they from that point forward they wont get kills. It may not be huge...but to claim contrary is what has you all tied up in knots trying to reconcile irreconcilable positions.

Pick one and go with it.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1824 - 2013-09-24 21:48:51 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Again Lucas you very much appear to be wanting to have your cake and eat it too. You have argued again, that the AFK cloaker is not there to get kills...but he might kill you, and thus you have to treat him as if he is always active.

Might I suggest you just drop the claims that AFK cloakers aren't after kills. That might not be the primary reason for AFK cloaking, but it very well could be a secondary reason.

And yes, if an AFK cloakers does on occassion kill a null dweller, removing them reduces kills in null sec. You yourself have said they sometimes get a kill. Preventing AFK cloakers means that they from that point forward they wont get kills. It may not be huge...but to claim contrary is what has you all tied up in knots trying to reconcile irreconcilable positions.

Pick one and go with it.

NO, I'm not saying the AFK CLOAKER might be there to kill you.
I'm saying a cloaker is either:
A) Active and wanting you dead.
B) AFK there to deny resources.

Since you CAN'T TELL, then treating them as B is a BAD IDEA, since any time they turn out to be A, you lose days of progress.
THEREFORE you must always TREAT THEM as A.

Removing B, DOES NOT AFFECT A. See? So we will not be killed any less by the removal of B.

As for AFK cloakers getting kills - prove it. I seem to have to prove EVERYTHING in order to be allowed my own opinion. So you must too.

you guys are tolling. Plain and simple.
Take your idea and go talk about it in the thread for THAT IDEA. STOP trolling anyone that disagrees trying to stuff your crappy idea to protect cloakers EVEN MORE down our throats.
I get it. You love cloaking. You want cloaking to be easy. You want scout ships to get easy kills. Tough.

But here:
KEEP THE SYSTEM AS IS - DONE - NO FURTHER DISCUSSION NEEDED.
I can't have what I want, you can't have what you want. It get's left as is. Solution reached.

Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#1825 - 2013-09-24 22:09:34 UTC
Well, since Lucas is not going to respond anymore (although we'll see, this topic seems to draw him back P)....

AFK cloakers will, on occasion check in. For example, one might get up early, log in, get safe, activate the cloak, set a random direction and go AFK. Then come home and see what is going on. He is now technically no longer "AFK", but if there is an opportunity for a kill he may take it if it is feasible so that it will make further AFK cloaking all the more successful.

This is why Lucas is right, it is often smart to just treat the AFK cloakers as if he is no longer AFK.

However, it is also apparent that AFK cloaking can lead to kills. People make a decision and decide that the risk of undocking and doing something in the camped system is worth the risk....and then that one time the guy is not AFK and there is a new entry on the KBs.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1826 - 2013-09-24 22:47:47 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Well, since Lucas is not going to respond anymore (although we'll see, this topic seems to draw him back P)....

AFK cloakers will, on occasion check in. For example, one might get up early, log in, get safe, activate the cloak, set a random direction and go AFK. Then come home and see what is going on. He is now technically no longer "AFK", but if there is an opportunity for a kill he may take it if it is feasible so that it will make further AFK cloaking all the more successful.

This is why Lucas is right, it is often smart to just treat the AFK cloakers as if he is no longer AFK.

However, it is also apparent that AFK cloaking can lead to kills. People make a decision and decide that the risk of undocking and doing something in the camped system is worth the risk....and then that one time the guy is not AFK and there is a new entry on the KBs.
I didn't say i was leaving. And prove this. Prove that the afk cloaker gets his kill by being afk and wouldn't have got it had he been offline instead.

Andy Landen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1827 - 2013-09-25 00:19:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Andy Landen
Teckos Pech wrote:

You yourself have said that people go to neigboring systems, not "take their chances" in a camped system. No AFK does not get more kills. It does not, by definition, do ANYTHING. And for those who interact in anyway with their client on at least an hourly basis, neither does an auto-logoff.

For the sake of sanity, Nikk Narrel, will you please stop telling Lucas what he wants and thinks.
Nikk Narrel wrote:
You have not explained why you should have the information, you only point out how you want it.

When you first mentioned this idea, it was out of the blue, for he never said he should have it. You assumed that when even after an hour, the most anyone could know is whether the interactions for the previous hour were greater than or less than 1 click or key press; far from instant or accurate intel, the delay is about an hour which is far worse than the time delay on the Eve map stats.
Nikk Narrel wrote:
By your arguing in this direction, you are claiming we ARE supposed to know the status of a player's activity.

He never claimed that. I have been quite clear that I could care less about what a player is doing. In fact, much of the time I would rather not know what each player is doing at their keyboard (if you catch my drift). Shocked

Lastly, many points have been made against your local changes proposal, chiefly the complete destruction of pve wherever the changes may occur. Also, I have no interest in any of the gimps to cloakies that has been proposed; except my proposals to prevent the simultaneous fitting on both the regular cyno and any kind of cloak.

As we consider the primary reason why anyone cares about that solo cloaky camping an entire system owned by someone else with impunity, that reason falls directly to the cyno. While I have avoided discussing or addressing changes that affect the covert cyno, it is clear that regular cyno brings the greatest threat of all to any fleet, alliance, or even coalition (depending on what is on the other side, which cannot be known either). Simply addressing the cyno threat would be enough to resolve this thread and many other concerns of hostiles traveling deep through space owned by others with seeming impunity as if the ownership of space meant NOTHING. The auto-logoff resolves the afk cloaky issue but not the cloaky cyno issue. The cloaky cyno solution resolves both the afk cloaky issue and the cloaky cyno issue and many other cyno issues.

!!! So if there is any interest in resolving the afk cloaky issue, then the solution should be directed at something which addresses the auto-logoff, the cloaky-cyno/cyno, or both. Solutions based on changes to "Local" address neither of those subjects and will not bring any real resolution of these core issues. I must admit that the complete disconnection (both ways) from local by the cloak does seem interesting so long as local records all disconnects and catches even brief periods of being uncloaked, but it will not fix anything. !!!

"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein 

Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1828 - 2013-09-25 00:29:52 UTC
AFK Cloaking? Being afraid of AFK cloakers? Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#1829 - 2013-09-25 07:41:12 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:

If we remove AFK cloaking, and Nikk, the Gunslinger, Mag's, et. al. are right...we could see a dramatic rise in AWOXing. Then how long until people are here on the forums whining about that? Wanting that prohibited somehow as well.

The argument is the PvPers should adapt. Well they might, in a way that is even worse. Now you might have to start docking up even when a blue is in system.

I support that, lets remove afk cloaking, sounds cool to me.

Does anyone know a corp that would want to recruit a 62m SP combat pilot?

I also can fly a retriever.

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1830 - 2013-09-25 08:30:57 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
~snip because quote limits~
Why are we going off topic, and suddenly referring to kill boards that depict meaningless information?

The context of this is AFK Cloaking. I have yet to see an official kill board entry that specified that as a contributing factor on a kill mail.

(Pilot was fooled into undocking, possibly was AFK using toilet when ganking occurred)
Ahhh... the toilet kill mails we would see....

You are painted into a corner with this argument.

If they represent a threat, which you want proven for some reason, then they will reduce the threat by being removed.

If they do not represent a threat, their removal has no meaning.

If you cannot tell the difference, that represents uncertainty, which you want removed.
The change you seek will do this automatically.
They APPEAR as a threat but are NOT a threat. You guys are claiming that removing them makes PVE and Mining players MORE SAFE. So prove it. If you can't, then you are complaining about the removal of the uncertainty for no reason, since removing that uncertainty will not increase our safety.

You have trouble understanding, I get that, but stop acting like I'm saying things I am not. At the end of the day, our level of safety WOULD NOT CHANGE with this change, the only thing that will change is your abuse of the game mechanics.

If they are no threat, and their presence or not does not make any difference to your safety, then why are you so desperate for them to be removed?

You have done nothing but contradict yourself this entire thread. You flip flop wildly, claiming that they are a threat and have an adverse effect on your PVE, but then also claim that removing them would make no difference.

It clearly would
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1831 - 2013-09-25 08:35:12 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Nikk Narrel wrote:
You just did it again.

By your arguing in this direction, you are claiming we ARE supposed to know the status of a player's activity.
Further, you are declaring CCP to be neglecting our right to know this, by not implementing this change.

At what point did CCP establish our right to know this information?
Please cite your sources, as I may want to learn more.

Did WHAT again?
What is your inability to read causing you too see between the lines now.
I'm SIMPLY STATING that the current state we have is due to the broken mechanics. You are trying to tell me what i have the right to know and what we as players are SUPPOSED to know. Yet YOU want LOCAL REMOVED. Do you not understand how this makes you a hypocrite? How this shows that YOU want what YOU want, and simply make up this between the lines crap to try to justify that?
Don't make me laugh bro. Learn to troll.

You are handling the trolling.

Your argument makes the claims that CCP needs to tell us MORE, therefore the burden of proof is upon you.

I am saying NO change is needed.

If you want to discuss things I supposedly want, start at the point where I want changes on both sides, or none at all.

I treat the circumstances as already being balanced.

Proof of WHAT?
What proof do you want?
You make absolutely no sense, because I think you are having a conversation with yourself that I am not a party to, due to your lack of understanding english.

YOU are claiming I have NO RIGHT to the information I WANT.
YOU are claiming I AM NOT SUPPOSED to know that a player is AFK.
YET YOU want LOCAL REMOVED, and seem to think you are not SUPPOSED to see people in local.

I don't NEED to prove anything, since what I WANT is not something provable. YOU must PROVE that I have NO RIGHT to ask for it.

This right here is the entitlement I was talking about. See how you keep going on about what you WANT and how the game mechanics should be changed to give you what you WANT for free. That is entitlement bro, and it has no place in balance or game mechanics.
Sith1s Spectre
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1832 - 2013-09-25 08:50:46 UTC
Too lazy to read through the 92 page threadnaught so i'm unsure if this has been brought up. I really hate how all these people cloak afk in my WH.

Resident forum troll and fashion consultant

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1833 - 2013-09-25 09:38:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
If they are no threat, and their presence or not does not make any difference to your safety, then why are you so desperate for them to be removed?

You have done nothing but contradict yourself this entire thread. You flip flop wildly, claiming that they are a threat and have an adverse effect on your PVE, but then also claim that removing them would make no difference.

It clearly would
I've covered this several times. If you are too goddamn ignorant to bother reading that's YOUR problem.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:
This right here is the entitlement I was talking about. See how you keep going on about what you WANT and how the game mechanics should be changed to give you what you WANT for free. That is entitlement bro, and it has no place in balance or game mechanics.
WANTING is not entitlement. The only thing I'm ENTITLED to here is my opinion without some random troll telling me I have NO RIGHT to have my opinion and telling me that things are SUPPOSED to be the way they say. Nikk is basically saying I have no right to ask for anything, and local is SUPPOSED to be delayed.
Are you also saying I'm not entitled to hold my own opinion on the matter?

EDIT: I'm not actually sure you know what entitlement is... Are you just saying that because you read some other people saying it in other threads and though it sounds cool?

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1834 - 2013-09-25 09:49:13 UTC
You think the game mechanics should be changed so that you personally get what you want, despite it causing massive imbalances, and despite the changes making it mechanically impossible for other players to do some of the things they want. That is entitlement.

You're allowed to act like that, but we're allowed to point out that you're acting entitled and that your horrible selfish changes are imbalanced and bad.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1835 - 2013-09-25 09:59:41 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
You think the game mechanics should be changed so that you personally get what you want, despite it causing massive imbalances, and despite the changes making it mechanically impossible for other players to do some of the things they want. That is entitlement.

You're allowed to act like that, but we're allowed to point out that you're acting entitled and that your horrible selfish changes are imbalanced and bad.
No, I want a SINGLE mechanic changed that would only stop people AFK cloaking, not negatively affecting active players but preventing the exploit of an old mechanic.
Entitlement would be if I thought my playstyle was so important, that I would demand changes to keep my playstyle regardless of the detriment to other players. Like for example how Nikk is stating his local changes are the way it's supposed to be, and how what I do is wrong, and I need to just shut up and deal with it. That's entitlement. I'm only looking for changes that help the game.
Bear in mind, I'm also happy for things to remain as they are. I simply refuse to accept that a buff to cloaking is what this game needs. You are a cloaker, you want to buff your own playstyle, regardless of how it affect others, and you troll anyone with a differing opinion. So who is the entitled one?

You also refuse to show any evidence that the removal of AFK cloaking would cause me to be any safer. All it would do is prvent whole areas of null being shut down by alts. That won't change how often people die to an active cloaker, in fact if anything it's likely to increase the chances of your kills as people won;t be perma-docked as much, giving you more opportunities to catch people.

Vas Eldryn
#1836 - 2013-09-25 10:03:03 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Please explain how the "entitlement" for AFK cloaked vessels to be invulnerable, out weighs the "entitlement" for alliances to maintain defense by means of active networks of players?

please state with FACTS how this will cause imbalance? I look at the Killboards, and cant see how that tinkerbells light will go out if AFK cyno cloaking is changed?

And what you call selfishness... I call hard work from active players.... So you cant get a kill without this mechanic, I think the problem lies with you! I PVP just fine in null.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1837 - 2013-09-25 10:20:06 UTC  |  Edited by: TheGunslinger42
Lucas Kell wrote:
TheGunslinger42 wrote:

No, I want a SINGLE mechanic changed that would only stop people AFK cloaking, not negatively affecting active players but preventing the exploit of an old mechanic.
Entitlement would be if I thought my playstyle was so important, that I would demand changes to keep my playstyle regardless of the detriment to other players. Like for example how Nikk is stating his local changes are the way it's supposed to be, and how what I do is wrong, and I need to just shut up and deal with it. That's entitlement. I'm only looking for changes that help the game.
Bear in mind, I'm also happy for things to remain as they are. I simply refuse to accept that a buff to cloaking is what this game needs. You are a cloaker, you want to buff your own playstyle, regardless of how it affect others, and you troll anyone with a differing opinion. So who is the entitled one?

You also refuse to show any evidence that the removal of AFK cloaking would cause me to be any safer. All it would do is prvent whole areas of null being shut down by alts. That won't change how often people die to an active cloaker, in fact if anything it's likely to increase the chances of your kills as people won;t be perma-docked as much, giving you more opportunities to catch people.

Lucas, I have lost count of how many times I and others have explained how these silly ideas are more of a nerf to active players than AFK players. They prevent ACTIVE players from trying to 'trick' residents into thinking they are safe when they are not, or thinking they aren't safe when they are. It destroys ACTIVE players from being able to do that.

As for your "safety" - I've always argued that afk players aren't threats, but the issue is the massive, one sided removal of uncertainty. The "real" risk you're exposed to may not be any different, but the fact of the matter is you will now know with absolute certainty what that level is for zero effort.

You have also failed to offer any explanations or suggestions as to how these ideas would be balanced. It is very, very clear that hunters and active cloakers would be getting nerfed into the ground, and their abilities reduced. That is not true for the "other side" - the residents. They are giving up nothing, in fact their playstyles are being buffed and expanded. That is by definition imbalanced.

And the reason you want this is because you think you are entitled to know, with zero effort and with perfect certainty, exactly how big of a threat someone in local is. Well you're not entitled to that, sorry chump.
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1838 - 2013-09-25 10:47:06 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
Lucas, I have lost count of how many times I and others have explained how these silly ideas are more of a nerf to active players than AFK players. They prevent ACTIVE players from trying to 'trick' residents into thinking they are safe when they are not, or thinking they aren't safe when they are. It destroys ACTIVE players from being able to do that.
Prove that this "tricking" happens, and that the person you kill after "tricking" them would not have died to a regular cloaker arriving at that time. That's all I'm asking. Because I don;t believe anyone actually gets "tricked" into coming out and dying.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:
As for your "safety" - I've always argued that afk players aren't threats, but the issue is the massive, one sided removal of uncertainty. The "real" risk you're exposed to may not be any different, but the fact of the matter is you will now know with absolute certainty what that level is for zero effort.

You have also failed to offer any explanations or suggestions as to how these ideas would be balanced. It is very, very clear that hunters and active cloakers would be getting nerfed into the ground, and their abilities reduced. That is not true for the "other side" - the residents. They are giving up nothing, in fact their playstyles are being buffed and expanded. That is by definition imbalanced.
It's balanced, because it removes the ability for a player to simply AFK all day long, putting in zero effort and getting to deny resource all day. This is currently unbalanced as the mechanic is being exploited for this result.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:
And the reason you want this is because you think you are entitled to know, with zero effort and with perfect certainty, exactly how big of a threat someone in local is. Well you're not entitled to that, sorry chump.
So you are entitled to denying resource with zero effort through AFK cloaking, and I'm not allowed any ability to combat that? Wow, sounds really fair.

At the end of the day you have nothing to back your claims. you simply disagree with anything that doesn't give you a direct benefit, and demand things like the destruction of local to guarantee you kills.

Storm Airkian
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1839 - 2013-09-25 11:06:21 UTC
Just obviously people WHO claim afk cloaking is good as it is are not the sharpest arrows in the quiver and simply keep selling "bbooooo" to any change offered...

So this should be explained really really plain and simple...

What does the afk cloaker "actually do" while he is afk cloaking ?? He does not even need to be in the same city with the computer WHO is sitting there !! We all hate BOT's as they claim they hate too... So please list me 1 dmned difference between a BOT and a Cloaky afk camper except that the BOT might be making a few million iskies per hour... Ah also what does the afk cloaker "risk" ?? NOTHING...

Very easy solution is just make cloaks need to be re*activated every 10 cycles, or 20 or 50 for that matter... So u need to do some Dualboxing if you really love afk camping soo much...

But nah they say no to that because simply leaving an alt in that system and having to Multibox is too much... Just let leave on afk alt in some system and play eve as much as u like ... I dare say u need to prove you are playing the game mr... As if only by re*activating your cloak every few mins or cycles .

I hope this was simple enough
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#1840 - 2013-09-25 11:16:06 UTC  |  Edited by: TheGunslinger42
Lucas Kell wrote:
Prove that this "tricking" happens, and that the person you kill after "tricking" them would not have died to a regular cloaker arriving at that time. That's all I'm asking. Because I don;t believe anyone actually gets "tricked" into coming out and dying.

You are purposefully asking this because you know it is impossible for me to prove it - none of this is relfected in killboards or other things players have access to. Even CCP would not be able to "prove" this as it is a result of a players judgement. If a player thinks to himself "this guys been here all day, I'm gonna undock" and ends up getting killed neither I nor CCP have any way to differentiate that from a player who undocked for any other reasons (for example, he didnt check local before undocking). Neither I nor CCP are privy to the thoughts of the players, so we cannot "prove" it was a result of cloaking.

Get a better argument, because asking me to prove something that is unprovable is pointless - it isn't a valid argument for you to make. It's like a child coming up with what he considers an unbeatable logic, but it is evident to everyone that it's just empty and pointless.

Even if we could read the minds of every person ever killed in EVE, and even if our omniscience revealed that no one has ever fallen for it... that is not a reason to remove it. The ability to try that should still be there - even if it is extremely unlikely to succeed, it should exist. It's a sandbox friend, we should be allowed to try these things.

Lucas Kell wrote:
It's balanced, because it removes the ability for a player to simply AFK all day long, putting in zero effort and getting to deny resource all day. This is currently unbalanced as the mechanic is being exploited for this result.

It is not balanced because as I say, it removes abilities for the active players to attempt to do certain things. As for AFK players denying resources... they're not. They cannot deny resources to anyone because by definition they cannot do anything. If you CHOOSE to cease activities on the ASSUMPTION that they might be active, thats up to you. They are not forcing your hand, you are simply choosing the most cautious response. If anyone is denying resources, it is you. You are denying it to yourself because you are crippled by the fear that a threat may exist.

Lucas Kell wrote:
So you are entitled to denying resource with zero effort through AFK cloaking, and I'm not allowed any ability to combat that? Wow, sounds really fair.

I am not entitled to deny you resources with zero effort, so it's a good job that isn't possible. As for your ability to combat me... why are you entitled to fight me when I, while in the state of being cloaked OR afk, have literally zero ability to combat you. You have yourself repeatedly stated that afk players are no threat... but you're asking for the ability to "combat" them? That's not balanced, bro.

Lucas Kell wrote:
At the end of the day you have nothing to back your claims. you simply disagree with anything that doesn't give you a direct benefit, and demand things like the destruction of local to guarantee you kills.

Please do not lie about my position on these mechanics. I have never once asked for direct benefits, or demanded things be changed to guarantee me kills. In fact I am strongly in favour of just leaving things as are, despite you - by your own admission - having perfect safety already.

For the fiftieth time, I am merely asking that all sides have equal abilities and chances, and that one sided changes not be made.