These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PvE little things

First post First post
Author
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#321 - 2016-09-15 16:24:20 UTC
motie one wrote:
RE Pirate missions.
It is a real shame that after having run empire missions for a while, there is no practical way to switch to pirate missions.
They would provide a whole refresh to the idea of PVE for those willing to try something exciting for a while, and keep people playing.

Problems.
1. with good empire standings built over a long period. Pirates will Hate you, with no practical way to recover from that.
2. If months are spent grinding to attempt to bring that to a usable level, then your empire standings are destroyed.
3. this makes it more of a permanent career change, somewhat discouraging.

Answer. make diplomacy skill Vastly more effective, and once +5 to a faction is achieved, let it lock in.

consequences.... Have you heard about it?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Julien Brellier
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#322 - 2016-09-30 12:42:00 UTC
Sort out the Escalation chances.

It would be nice if 1/10 and 2/10 could be found by escalations instead of being scanned sites only.

Burrows should escalate to 1/10 and 2/10 (50% chance of either when any Escalation is triggered)
Hideaways should escalate to 2/10 and 3/10
Refuges should escalate to 3/10 and 4/10
Dens should escalate to 4/10 and 5/10

At the minute, Serpentis Refuges escalate to 3/10 only whereas Gurista Refuges escalate to 4/10s. Many other such discrepancies exist.
Gustav Mannfred
Summer of Mumuit
Remember Mumuit
#323 - 2016-10-22 09:41:43 UTC
A better system for escalations should be

Burrows: 3/10
hideaways and refuges: 4/10
Dens and Yards: 5/10
Rally points: 6/10
rest remains unchanged

named anomalys should escalate too(especially hideaways)

Named Hideaways: 6/10(7/10 for Angel and Serpentis, as they have no 6/10)
Named Dens: 7/10
Named rally points: 8/10
Named Hubs: 10/10(9/10 is an escalation chain and not a complex)

for the 1/10 and 2/10's, why not add two new hi sec anomalys that can trigger these escalations, anything other would be just a huge nerf to anomaly runners in hi sec. A good idea is to take the guristas escalation system for all pirate faction anomalys (sansha and serpentis refuges escalate to 3/10 and angel refuges to 5/10)

another good change would be to allow Dens to spawn in 0.7+ systems and burrows to spawn in 0.8- systems.

i'm REALY miss the old stuff. 

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=24183

Endecroix
Doomheim
#324 - 2016-12-03 08:02:54 UTC
A few things I've realised I would like and would make my life easier:

1) Ability to put Missions into Folders. If I was blitzing then I could order them in groups eg regions.

2) Optimise route - an improved implementation of this. I am not asking for the perfect route but the ability to add more waypoints would be greatly appreciated even if it's a simple compare distance then swap method, it would be good enough solution if we could drastically up the waypoint count.

3) Whilst I can see problems with it I think it would be great if you could remote complete all missions. I realise remote accept would create problems but doing the Epic Arcs (which I love btw wish we could have them for all factions eg ORE) it's a real quality improvement with the amount of ones you can remotely do. As I say though I can see the problems with this and why you may not want to implement it.

4) Remove Locate agent option somewhere else so there is a uniformity of presentation.

5) Tickbox in settings for autodecline Burner Missions.

6) Allow the ability to warp from a mission back to the starting acceleration gate rather than having to bounce of a celestial (etc) first.
Muffinmixer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#325 - 2017-01-06 21:01:03 UTC
1. Allow us to copy/share mission bookmarks without having to manually fly to mission sites to create our own bookmarks.

2. Fix the burner missions that are bugged to give you less LP than they're supposed to (like the Blood Raider Base).

3. Allow us to complete missions while docked at citadels, not just at stations.
Endecroix
Doomheim
#326 - 2017-01-31 10:19:46 UTC
Just one more ...

Have Agents recognise when a Distribution package is in a fleet hangar and also recognise that the fleet hangar is large enough to carry said package.
Erebus 'TheChin' Sundance
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#327 - 2017-02-08 14:43:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Erebus 'TheChin' Sundance
Bounties: Very small ones, on mission completion structures and if possible on any other structures in the pocket that may drop something.

(Edit)

Livestock: Volume recalibration. Original prisoners have a volume of 7.5 m3 (are they in a iron gage) with the new one from the NPE only being 1 m3. VIP's, Homeless and Janitors have 3 m3, marines and militants 2 m3, compared to 1 m3 for Tourists, Scientists and male/female Exotic dancers etc

UI: The ability to quickly and painlessly reload the drone window, when it decides to show you there are five drones still in space when they are actually in the drone bay.

Camera: More zoom in power, especially when in orbit view and tracking something.
cutthroat kane
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#328 - 2017-02-24 16:58:20 UTC
CCP falcon has a sticky for a resource list; that's dead, locked, and the link is broken.
Marrisa Flash
New Destiny Kingdom
#329 - 2017-03-21 17:42:51 UTC
I think all of the structures being empty for most missions is unrealistic.

A way to tell when I can do the epic arc again (or does that exist and I need to know how?)

Making strong boosters illegal again so there is some aspect of smuggler RP.
inutile
Saucisse et biere
#330 - 2017-05-19 01:41:18 UTC
Sorry if it was already mentionned,
Be able to warp to a mission offer, before acception it.
At least for low-sec level 5 mission type.

Since CCP change this (can warp to mission before accepting it) i stoped living in low sec.
Back then, I was only doing lvl5 missions 14AU away from warpable things.

Pirates Corps make a living chasing us in low sec, offering opportunity to choose off-D-Scan mission would be greatly appreciated!!!
I miss Prison Break 1of2 so much...
Harreeb Alls
God of Terrorr
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#331 - 2017-05-20 16:38:28 UTC
Make each faction's LP stores the same faction wide. Some LP is worthless, some is bank. Just put all the bp's at every strore for that faction.
Dont give me hauling missions for my special mission, when I only do security and cant even fly one.
Double the LP payout in lowsec non fw, non lvl5, missions. The risk vs reward is not balanced at all.
Dont spawn missions in systems I'm not allowed in due to sec status or reduce the penalty for declining mission in a different sec status.
Give me some kind of mission history, run time, times failed/completed, bounties, value of loot.
Get rid of faction penalties for running missions. I shouldnt get standing loss for defending faction space from hostile faction activity. It just forces everyone to use A mission pulling alt.
Pestilen Ratte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#332 - 2017-07-30 10:21:08 UTC
This whole thread is a bit dishonest. It implies that PVE needs small changes, that small changes will be useful to make it great.

The truth is, as everyone who has been around for a while knows, that Eve is like London. It is shabby things built on top off shabby things built on top of shabby things. Sometimes you get good things built on top of good things, built on top of shabby things.

Somewhere, deep underneath all the PVE in Eve, are some very shabby things. They have been around for so long that they have been forgotten, except for the lingering remains that nobody really understands.

The LP store is a typical example. It is old, it never worked well. Tags are largely ignored because faction equipment was made too expensive. That was done deliberately, to make faction gear only valuable to FW players, who get astoundingly high payments.

So ,nFW became a way to mine ISK from faction items from the few NPC corps that operate in FW. The remnants of the tag system and the LP store stayed around. Nobody fixed them, or closed down the absurd tag drops and LP drops in other parts of the game. This is because the whole point was to break the tags and LP system for everyone except FW folks. To "encourage" folks to do FW.

There are numerous other examples, but the point is that CCP are taking the **** a little bit by asking for advice on how to make the game better.

Here's a tip.

Stop with the nonsense. Clean up the mess that your own folks have left behind because they wanted the players to do this or that, long ago.

Stop leaving half working and utterly broken mechanics lying around the game, and stop pretending that this broken content is valuable and adds something to your reputation.

A lot of older players get sick and tired of explaining the evolution of the game to new players, because we are always explaining why half finished ideas and openly abandoned mechanics still exist.

CCP throw nothing away. Every second rate husk of an idea is "valuable content".

Clean up the mistakes already. It would make the game smaller, but vastly more digestible for everyone.