These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POSes: I am a small portion of the community

First post First post
Author
space chikun
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1461 - 2013-01-17 18:50:49 UTC
Drosal Inkunen wrote:

While it was never said it wouldn't be done, it was mentioned to be a lower priority because it doesn't affect as many people.

I think one of the bigger issues here is that "fixes to the POS system" are mixed in with the "modular POS"
From reading through the thread it seems people care more about the POS system being fixed as a whole than they care about a modular POS.

My largest problems with the POS system, for example, are the permissions and lack of control that makes living in a wormhole hard.

highlighting the important bit, still not addressed. this is why I'm mad. I can't speak for anyone else.
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#1462 - 2013-01-17 18:52:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeson
Two step wrote:

This isn't the case. CCP has two basically separate decisions to make:
1) To fix the current POS system or not
2) To start work on a new POS system

Now it might be the case that they decide to fix the current system for this summer and start a new POS system after that, or they might decide to start on the new system at the same time they are fixing the current one.

Again, I'd like to remind folks that are actually reading this thread to keep things civil and constructive. Going all nutso will only hurt the chances of getting CCP to work on POSes.

Goodpost is good. QFE

Drosal Inkunen wrote:

While it was never said it wouldn't be done, it was mentioned to be a lower priority because it doesn't affect as many people.

Quite possibly the largest assumption ever made.
Matthias Aaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1463 - 2013-01-17 18:52:54 UTC
Most important things have been said. So I will just log in my support and say that I also 'vote' for a new POS system, or at a bare minimum improvements to the current one.

Thanks Two step!
Sir SmashAlot
The League of Extraordinary Opportunists
Intergalactic Conservation Movement
#1464 - 2013-01-17 18:53:47 UTC
Plex for POS drive anyone?

Dr Leon SpicyWiener
Discount Proctology Professionals.
#1465 - 2013-01-17 18:55:17 UTC
Sir SmashAlot wrote:

Get out
Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#1466 - 2013-01-17 18:55:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeson
Sir SmashAlot wrote:

Paying more money to reinforce the same behavior is not how this should work. We've paid our subscription fees for years, we want someone to start listening.
Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#1467 - 2013-01-17 18:57:54 UTC
OK, here's my nice respectful post in support of the POS revamping idea and for modular POSes for us.
my 7 accounts, plus a majority of my main's corp members use our POS and it does affect us.

I cannot envision a case where the 40 or 50 players/characters included in my statement above are some "special" few in the EvE universe and are not included in a larger majority of players who on a daily basis avail themselves of the use of a POS.

"the POS system by itself would only affect a small portion of the community"

Really?, that's why we can find in almost every system that allows a POS to be anchored POSes at the moons of the planets, most online, some offline, POSes in wh space, low and null... We have 2 at the moment and a 3rd ready for deployment in a yet TBD location.
Modular POSes as discussed in the thread at https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=143764 would be awesome and worthwhile for CCP as well as I think that it would attract more players into that area of gameplay if they were able to do something more with them than simply have a stick in space with some stuff around it.

thx for reading.

o/
Celly

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Almost29
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1468 - 2013-01-17 18:58:24 UTC
I support a POS revamp.
Zasamael
Enigma farmers
#1469 - 2013-01-17 18:59:14 UTC
I`m only a small portion of the community...
Also Rans
Perkone
Caldari State
#1470 - 2013-01-17 18:59:34 UTC
please do get the modular pos system on tq
Jim Womack
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1471 - 2013-01-17 19:00:22 UTC
I haven't taken the time yet to read through all of the post yet and am sure anything that I could suggest has already been..

I just want to quickly add my name to the list that something should be done to address the current pos system.
Aryth
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1472 - 2013-01-17 19:01:51 UTC
Sir SmashAlot wrote:

The opposite is more viable. You can attack the subs. I already have a plan to do it actually.

Leader of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal.

Creator of Burn Jita

Vile Rat: You're the greatest sociopath that has ever played eve.

Jr Instructorcon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1473 - 2013-01-17 19:02:22 UTC
My alliance has a suicide watch style support network for people who manage the 500+ POS/infrastructure my alliance needs.

Stew on that for awhile.
Daenna Chrysi
Omega Foundry Unit
Southern Legion Alliance
#1474 - 2013-01-17 19:02:32 UTC
There is this graphic in one of the dev blogs, just realized it kinda explains the thing well.

http://community.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&nbid=74191
Shasz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1475 - 2013-01-17 19:02:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Shasz
POSting for great POS justice.

+1 for the overhaul

I want to want to run a POS again...

I want to put it wherever I want in space, not just on a moon.

Start small, but start modular and leave room to expand. Don't replace existing POSs with the modular until modular code is robust enough to replace everything current POSs do.

Put a team on it... you can do it!
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1476 - 2013-01-17 19:03:01 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
Two step wrote:

Again, I'd like to remind folks that are actually reading this thread to keep things civil and constructive. Going all nutso will only hurt the chances of getting CCP to work on POSes.

While I agree with this to some point, however how long should the playerbase play nice? This has been discussed and almost unanimously support from the playerbase for years, yet it has remained a elephant in the room. While many would not wish to resort to rage, it seems to be the only effective measure to get CCP support, as history would show.

Development on this should have started shortly after Apocrapha, especially with the explosion of POS use when wormholes where released. Yet it does not seem that CCP even cares or has even started working on it.

CCP should feel like we're simply voicing our support for a feature we deeply care about, not that we're a riotous crowd trying to ransom them into developing a feature we care about. Thus, being rude or mean is not the way to go.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#1477 - 2013-01-17 19:03:13 UTC
I was reassured by the fact that ccp WILL take a look at POSes.

But please, for the love of ponies, don't just "fix" things, rewamp them entierly.

The POS system is already impacting a lot of people, a lot more than only people using it. But more important, a rewamp of the POS system would allow players to use it in multiple and more interesting ways ! I was very pleased to see CCP view on this, a few months ago : more accessible POSes, more versatile, more mobile even !

Players of all kinds are dreaming of having a bit of space to call "home". I'm not talking about sovereignty or wormholes, I'm talking about single players, or small groups / corps. If you devs achieve to make small POSes work more like tents than towers, then this would be a huge argument to bring new players, attract non-POSes owners and raise the fun !

And I'm affraid but it doesn't seem fesible to do such things bit-by-bit in multiple expansions, (aka "not at once").

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Major Spag
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1478 - 2013-01-17 19:03:29 UTC
I support POS revamping.

I don't support the absolutely appalling way CCCP (hurrr) is conducting itself in the face of its customers lately. Should I bother quoting from your OWN PEOPLE who promised to actually listen to the players???? Oh wait, sorry. Not actually listening to your player-base is "working as intended".
Dunkler Imperator
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1479 - 2013-01-17 19:03:48 UTC
there was a dev blog post about enablers and instigators. the summery of the blog was that ccp was going to help both out to make the game better for everyone.

well i got knews for ccp enablers = logistics = pos managment = living hell

logistics is one the largest sources of burnout in eve. Fixing roles and security issues would allow a large amount of the work that goes into these things to be distributed to others and lessen to load on our already overburden logistics pilots.

Pos's effect every single one of our pilots in SQUEE. and i can guarantee that it's the same for every moon holding,0.0,wh or low sec alliance.

Dr Leon SpicyWiener
Discount Proctology Professionals.
#1480 - 2013-01-17 19:04:22 UTC
Jr Instructorcon wrote:
My alliance has a suicide watch style support network for people who manage the 500+ POS/infrastructure my alliance needs.

Stew on that for awhile.

See CCP... this isnt emergent game play its just sad