These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Talos needs to be nerfed. Long live the Vagabond!

First post
Author
Torothin
Crimson Dawn Enterprises
#1 - 2012-12-10 22:52:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Torothin
A Talos should not be able to perform better than a Vagabond. This thing out dps's it by a wide margin and then has great mobility. Something has got to give here. The Vagabond needs to be king of Guerilla hit and run small scale warfare. The tier 3 bc's in general are killing the use of HACS.

Do something about it CCP. Discuss!
Romvex
TURN LEFT
HYDRA RELOADED
#2 - 2012-12-10 23:02:45 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Eterne
Maybe it out-DPSes it because it can use LARGE ****ING BLASTERS? It was stated in the dev blog about battlecruiser rebalancing that the tier 3 mobility is being nerfed

Please remember to censor all swearing. - CCP Eterne
Tara Read
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2012-12-10 23:08:48 UTC
Torothin wrote:
A Talos should not be able to perform better than a Vagabond. This thing out dps's it by a wide margin and then has great mobility. Something has got to give here. The Vagabond needs to be king of Guerilla hit and run small scale warfare. The tier 3 bc's in general are killing the use of HACS.

Do something about it CCP. Discuss!


Don't touch my Talos you TEST scrub.
It'sNotMyFaultYourMother ThrewYouAway
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-12-10 23:10:28 UTC
Lol, if it's not the Talos it's gonna be 70km Tachyon Oracle gangs xD
God's Apples
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#5 - 2012-12-10 23:21:08 UTC
It'sNotMyFaultYourMother ThrewYouAway wrote:
Lol, if it's not the Talos it's gonna be 70km Tachyon Oracle gangs xD


Mega Pulses much?

"Hydra Reloaded are just jealous / butthurt on me / us because we can get tons of PVP action in empire while they aren't good enough to get that." - NightmareX

ISVRaDa
Iberians
#6 - 2012-12-11 01:07:39 UTC
Greetings o/

Nerf the mobility of the Talos is a big mistake imo. Nobody will use it more because there is just one good Talos fit nowadays. We can´t use it like a Tornado, sniper or med-range with very good results, and you need have the capacity to be viable to kite if you want use the Talos.

They should take a look into the DPS and tracking numbers, reducing a bit the dps or the tracking and then see how it works with the new changes, but the mobility/mass changes sounds really bad tbh. I love the Talos but I admit that needs an small fix.

[b][i]Immortality is only a word. All that exists can die. Every living thing has a weapon against which it has no defense. Time. Disease. Iron. Guilt.

¿ What can change the nature of a man ?[/i][/b]

Denuo Secus
#7 - 2012-12-11 01:36:21 UTC
Vaga eats frigs, Talos dies to frigs. So, what was the issue again? ^^
Derath Ellecon
Washburne Holdings
#8 - 2012-12-11 01:55:35 UTC
Torothin wrote:
A Talos should not be able to perform better than a Vagabond. This thing out dps's it by a wide margin and then has great mobility. Something has got to give here. The Vagabond needs to be king of Guerilla hit and run small scale warfare. The tier 3 bc's in general are killing the use of HACS.

Do something about it CCP. Discuss!



Let's see. We should reference CCP Fozzie's Flowchart again.

Yes the BC's and HAC's are getting looked at!
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#9 - 2012-12-11 03:19:08 UTC
Denuo Secus wrote:
Vaga eats frigs, Talos dies to frigs. So, what was the issue again? ^^

Only if the frigs land right on top of it really.. The talos is ridiculously good at popping frigs while burning in the opposite direction.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-12-11 03:22:18 UTC
Say it with me:

CCP.
Are.
Working.
On.
Balancing.
ALL.
The.
Sh*t.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#11 - 2012-12-11 03:39:53 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
Denuo Secus wrote:
Vaga eats frigs, Talos dies to frigs. So, what was the issue again? ^^

Only if the frigs land right on top of it really.. The talos is ridiculously good at popping frigs while burning in the opposite direction.


Actually it's really the opposite. Proper fit vaga (dual prop, disruptor/scram, xl asb) will die in a fire to to a well fit ab AF (if they land on top of each other). If ec-300s are involved then the vaga better hope it lands first jam else any competent frig pilot will kill the whole wave in the first cycle of the drones jams. Up close, even with an ab, and even with a drop the vaga is going to have a very tough time hitting a close orbiting af moving at 700+ m/s. Most AF's are capable of killing the vaga during the asb reload.

If the vaga is smart and can keep range then the close range af has really no chance.


In reality, a dual web armor talos does far better against frigs than a dual prop xl asb vaga any day.
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#12 - 2012-12-11 03:50:48 UTC
Yeah but how many people fly dual web armor Taloses?
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#13 - 2012-12-11 04:10:12 UTC
BadAssMcKill wrote:
Yeah but how many people fly dual web armor Taloses?


And this is the reason they work so well Pirate
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-12-11 04:22:29 UTC
Your post is terrible for a number of reasons, but I do think all the tier 3s need nerfed (and afaik CCP agrees with me). They're supposed to be "lots of gank, not much tank" not "lots of gank, not much tank, but really who cares because they go so fast the tank doesn't matter"
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-12-11 05:21:28 UTC
Large guns out-dps medium guns?

The hell you say.
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
Siberian Squads
#16 - 2012-12-11 05:21:51 UTC
Yeah, releasing stuff in pre-boosted mode (tier3, tech3, titans etc.) is plain silly. Even the pre-nerfed way is better, because at least it doesn't make other stuff obsolete.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#17 - 2012-12-11 06:03:42 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Yeah, releasing stuff in pre-boosted mode (tier3, tech3, titans etc.) is plain silly. Even the pre-nerfed way is better, because at least it doesn't make other stuff obsolete.


I can't really think of anything that the Talos obsoletes. If it's anything, it's the Brutix... but the Vagabond? LOL.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#18 - 2012-12-11 06:49:26 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Yeah, releasing stuff in pre-boosted mode (tier3, tech3, titans etc.) is plain silly. Even the pre-nerfed way is better, because at least it doesn't make other stuff obsolete.


I can't really think of anything that the Talos obsoletes. If it's anything, it's the Brutix... but the Vagabond? LOL.

-Liang



Tier 3's pretty much killed HAC's.

And.. Brutix? Don't be bad.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Sister Lumi
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-12-11 07:03:55 UTC
HACs didn't need anything to kill them, most of them are obsoleted by their own terribleness

Still, no battlecruiser should be faster than cruisers.

Why SoMad
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-12-11 15:23:26 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Yeah, releasing stuff in pre-boosted mode (tier3, tech3, titans etc.) is plain silly. Even the pre-nerfed way is better, because at least it doesn't make other stuff obsolete.


I can't really think of anything that the Talos obsoletes. If it's anything, it's the Brutix... but the Vagabond? LOL.

-Liang


Brutix?

ROFL lrnships.
123Next pageLast page