These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interbus Catalyst

First post
Author
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#21 - 2012-11-01 15:52:53 UTC
wtf Shocked

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

CCP Falcon
#22 - 2012-11-01 16:09:23 UTC

So I also got a question about this yesterday, and contacted billing and marketing.

There's a few different skinned special edition Catalysts rolling out with limited run Game Time Cards that are available from several regional retailers.

Basically, if you use the GTC to add game time to your account, then you get the option to redeem the ship. However if you convert the GTC to PLEX, then the offer to redeem the ship isn't available.

Hopefully this clears things up :)

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#23 - 2012-11-01 16:21:56 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

So I also got a question about this yesterday, and contacted billing and marketing.

There's a few different skinned special edition Catalysts rolling out with limited run Game Time Cards that are available from several regional retailers.

Basically, if you use the GTC to add game time to your account, then you get the option to redeem the ship. However if you convert the GTC to PLEX, then the offer to redeem the ship isn't available.

Are any of these new retailers going to be put on the official resellers list? https://secure.eveonline.com/etc.aspx
CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#24 - 2012-11-01 16:25:14 UTC
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:

Are any of these new retailers going to be put on the official resellers list? https://secure.eveonline.com/etc.aspx

That's the plan, yes.

We'll be posting something more detailed about these ships around next week, so stay tuned. Smile

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#25 - 2012-11-01 16:27:27 UTC
Clystan wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Clystan wrote:
It would be sweet if once you owned a skin, you could apply it to any base ship in your fleet.

Well, the prices of the skinned ships would just plummet, and their novelty be practically nonexistent.

Would actually be rather boring, ironically.

Some level of paint customization would be cool. Maybe something like this:

1) When you go into fitting (or a station with a Paint Shop service) you could tweak the color/look of your ship for a fee)
2) If you have trained a skin skill - you can save the settings for sale on the market in a package that has a limited number of uses and is specific to a ship type - train the skill higher and you can skin larger ships.

Anyway, I play a lot of Borderlands 2 when I am not in Eve and I like the skin feature there. Would make cool loot too.

Yes I can see this working for a 'personal' skin or something. But if my Interbus Shuttle becomes prolific.........I may have to take action.Smile

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#26 - 2012-11-01 18:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
awwwwwww.... snap! Moar spaceships. Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

edit: awwwwwww.... snap! 3.5 billion on market?! Ouch. Not at this juncture. Cry

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#27 - 2012-11-01 18:42:29 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Booo!

Nasty Ebil Moneygrabbing CCP!

You'll force us to pay actual money for a limited edition Important Spaceship?

Good move ;)

It might be a new moniker, not pay to win, but pay to swag ;)

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Anslo
Scope Works
#28 - 2012-11-01 18:45:46 UTC
When does the Hello Kitty one come out? Shocked

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#29 - 2012-11-01 18:51:43 UTC
Lors Dornick wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Booo!

Nasty Ebil Moneygrabbing CCP!

You'll force us to pay actual money for a limited edition Important Spaceship?

Good move ;)

It might be a new moniker, not pay to win, but pay to swag ;)

This is sorta how it's always been. I got that Interbus Shuttle by shelling out for the box edition.

Nothing is different. Nothing has changed.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#30 - 2012-11-01 18:52:31 UTC
Anslo wrote:

That one is a Kestrel. Hopefully Soon™

Anslo
Scope Works
#31 - 2012-11-01 18:55:16 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Kestrel?! Clearly this is a Caldari/Bumpgeois plot to limit my freedom! X

Vertisce Soritenshi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2012-11-01 19:06:20 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Yup 30/60d promotional offers from GMG. I claimed mine for $19.99 plus got game time whoo lol

Prices are sure to drop in the next few days of those on market since they're not worth more than a PLEX at best.

https://twitter.com/ChribbaVeldspar/status/263658206092472320/photo/1/large

/c

Dude...time to upgrade that PC!

Bounties for all! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2279821#post2279821

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#33 - 2012-11-01 20:07:41 UTC
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Chribba wrote:
Yup 30/60d promotional offers from GMG. I claimed mine for $19.99 plus got game time whoo lol

Prices are sure to drop in the next few days of those on market since they're not worth more than a PLEX at best.

/c

It's my laptop... this is usually how it looksBig smile

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Anslo
Scope Works
#34 - 2012-11-01 20:16:42 UTC
Chribba wrote:
Vertisce Soritenshi wrote:
Chribba wrote:

/c

/c

All dem caps
All dat mining
All dem screens
ALL DEM ALTS
ALL DAT VELDSPAR
HOLY CRAP MY BRAIN IS MELTING

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#35 - 2012-11-02 07:46:57 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Anslo wrote:

Isn't that CCP Punkturis' personal Kestrel?

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-11-02 10:06:23 UTC
Clystan wrote:
Some level of paint customization would be cool.

If I was a guy from CCP and absolutely definitely had to do it, I'd start with small corp/alliance logos on ships, similar to those on existing military aircrafts, maybe for a small fee paid in station.

Don't get me wrong, I really like to do a bit of personalization with characters and other similar stuff in games, but on the other hand I've seen enough of stuff like pink-on-yellow guardsmen in DoW and the like. No, thanks.
Galega Ori
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-11-02 12:03:15 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

This would have been nice to know sooner and should have been detailed on the sail page at greenman gaming. What?

CCP Eterne: Silly Player, ALL devs are evil.

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#38 - 2012-11-02 13:20:53 UTC
Galega Ori wrote:

This would have been nice to know sooner and should have been detailed on the sail page at greenman gaming. What?

If you lost your items after converting the code, please file a petition and the GMs will help you out.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#39 - 2012-11-02 16:54:50 UTC
So when can I get a zergling?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#40 - 2012-11-02 18:59:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
I put in a buy order for 350 mil and it filled. That's a lot better than the 3.5 bil it was going for yesterday.

Chribba wrote:

/c

Shocked How many clients are you running there? I count 8! ShockedShockedShockedShocked