These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why Goonswarm needs to go

First post
Author
Ghazu
#21 - 2012-08-24 10:55:47 UTC
Why do I like eve online? to generate good content like this op.

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Frying Doom
#22 - 2012-08-24 10:58:12 UTC
Ghazu wrote:

I'm sorry that was either a use of extreme sarcasm or you are very ill indeed.

Might I suggest a medical transport just to be sure and make sure that you are not desperately in need of padded walls and a straight jacket.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Ghazu
#23 - 2012-08-24 11:05:10 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Ghazu wrote:

Might I suggest a medical transport just to be sure and make sure that you are not desperately in need of padded walls and a straight jacket.

Are you saying this is a bad thread?

http://www.minerbumping.com/ lol what the christ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2299984#post2299984

Michael1995
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#24 - 2012-08-24 11:05:13 UTC
Gather your friends and make them go then, I'll be sitting here on my porch watching. No really, go on!

Selling WH CFC Standings 10b/month for +10 with: Lazerhawks, Hard Knocks, Overwatch This, Many Vacancies, Golden Showers, Friendly Probes, Isogen Memed.

Join up for swag C3 Gila/Osprey ratting fleets daily! We also rent C2s out with CV effect!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#25 - 2012-08-24 11:05:40 UTC
…wait, did he just say that Goons made CCP lay off 20% of their staff?

Lol Humour.
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#26 - 2012-08-24 11:08:21 UTC
Tl;DR
"Original" nerf goon thread we have never seen before.
This time featuring a wall of text no one bothers to read or links no one bothers to click.

Conclusion: I think there is a small possibility the OP doesn't like The Goonswarm Federation but that is just an assumption.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#27 - 2012-08-24 11:11:02 UTC
Borlag Crendraven wrote:
People like Chribba, while obviously extremely well known and liked person in the game, do not create as much buzz than people like Mittens and the goons in general. Speaking from the perspective of a former carebear (up to recently), the Burn Jita incident was one of the most fun events in the last 12 months or so. Going to null and saving Chribba's system once, while fun, didn't make that lasting impression.

Sadly this is true, and goes kinda for the same with news and the likes in general, people tend to want the gore and bad stuff going on rather than the happy news of like babies being born etc.

If this is good or bad for EVE, we don't know yet, it's certainly not all bad, but not sure it's all good either as it does make EVE look a certain way, hopefully we will have a balance for yet some time to keep it going and attracting more and new pilots to our awesome community!

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#28 - 2012-08-24 11:17:02 UTC
mittens and others can be sad, repulsive little people

but so long as the csm/ccp don't let people like that have too much power or take their opinions on the direction/development of the game as being more valid than anyone elses then it isn't an issue
Conrad Lionhart
#29 - 2012-08-24 11:19:34 UTC
What is currently preventing the other alliances from teaming up against Goons?
Tiger Would
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-08-24 11:20:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiger Would
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
mittens and others can be sad, repulsive little people

but so long as the csm/ccp don't let people like that have too much power or take their opinions on the direction/development of the game as being more valid than anyone elses then it isn't an issue

Thats true untill propaganda starts to be interpreted as fact and disables retention of new players and makes EvE look bad to the "outside" world.

Once you think you have it all, you have actually become ignorant towards everything else.

T. Would

Frying Doom
#31 - 2012-08-24 11:42:33 UTC
Ghazu wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Ghazu wrote:

Are you saying this is a bad thread?

I am very sorry but we will apparently need you to be quarantined for at least 30 days to make sure its not actually a contagious disease. It is highly likely you have cerebral swelling and this is causing your apparent inability to form cognitive thoughts.

So to Summarize: We are so sorry you are not nuts, you may actually be suffering from brain damage after reading this OP.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

rodyas
Tie Fighters Inc
#32 - 2012-08-24 11:47:42 UTC
So whats the master plan to end the goons?

Make a lot more whine threads in GD?

Signature removed for inappropriate language - CCP Eterne

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2012-08-24 11:47:45 UTC
…on a slightly related note, why is it that some people have such problems separating griefing and grieving? Or are they genuinely saying that players shouldn't be allowed to be sad?
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-08-24 11:59:56 UTC
Tiger Would wrote:

Also, if you are a goonswarm tackler, please know that “tackler” is just a polite term for meat shield. It is not fun for you, you are being used, and every resource you have gets depleted. Regardless of ship replacement program. You are a resource as well you know! You could have spent that time actually enjoying, exploring, looking into other gameplay features, built up some fat ISK wise and maybe create your own corp one day or even an alliance. This pretty much goes for 90% of you people in goonswarm.

Finally someone tells it like it is. How dare somebody have fun in this game in any other way than I do? IT IS NOT FUN FOR YOU! I hope that writing that in all caps will finally wake up the sheeple that are having fun now and make them stop having fun!

I would write more, but somehow the goonspiracy threads have been pretty lacking in the last months. Bringing up some old videos from years ago is really low effort. You could at least have put in some amount of work into this thread.
Abel Merkabah
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2012-08-24 12:00:44 UTC
I for one like the goons...best player content so far since I've started playing and they make the boards more fun to read (due to whack job conspiracies/rants against them, and their sarcastic way of replying to some of the absolutely ******** posts on this board *cough cough* ... ahem).

Don't get me wrong though, I'll still shoot a goon, but that is nothing special; I'll pretty much attack anyone I think I can take now (fortunately for most, I still am learning, so people can usually get away, but my heart is in the right place)

So goons, good luck in this little war, I'd offer my canes as yours, but don't think you need anymore new players to sacrifice ships against these guys (plus you are probably far away, and I'm lazy).

James315 for CSM 8!

Mhax Arthie
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-08-24 12:35:46 UTC
Tiger Would wrote:

Also, if you are a goonswarm tackler, please know that “tackler” is just a polite term for meat shield. It is not fun for you, you are being used, and every resource you have gets depleted. Regardless of ship replacement program. You are a resource as well you know! You could have spent that time actually enjoying, exploring, looking into other gameplay features, built up some fat ISK wise and maybe create your own corp one day or even an alliance. This pretty much goes for 90% of you people in goonswarm

As a low skilled newb I have nothing against being a meat shield. So if there is a way to help these fine people to bring the emergent gameplay into the goons space, point me into the right direction. Thanks.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-08-24 12:36:19 UTC
There's not a single link that can properly corroborate any argument a single person's opinion brought to masses via GD.

Also: you're taking this too seriously. You obviously don't understand how GS and the CFC works but are entitled to common ideas/conclusions based on rumours. (justified or not but always related to some individuals)

I guess the CFC is now about 9000 unique characters, it's obvious some "stuff" happens. And also: never not shoot blues Lol

brb

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#38 - 2012-08-24 12:36:19 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Have you considered bringing them up feeds their egos?

+1

As much as I don't care for the goons I know, or something awful in general, it would be lying to suggest that they haven't brought something unique to the game. Every good sandbox game needs it's legion of asshats....I mean Black hats (lol), and Goons is it for
Josef Djugashvilis
#39 - 2012-08-24 12:37:58 UTC
Conrad Lionhart wrote:
What is currently preventing the other alliances from teaming up against Goons?

Lack of interest in goons and their self promoting antics.

This is not a signature.

No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#40 - 2012-08-24 12:39:27 UTC
Everywhere I go, there I am.

It's a conundrum! Cool