These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Sell Orders

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[WTS] Pirate Epic Arc ('Angel Sound' & 'Smash and Grab') support packages

First post
Author
Glafri
#21 - 2011-09-23 10:26:17 UTC
Nice looking new business you have. Good luck!

I'll probably pick a package up soon.

Glaf

[insert witty or inspirational comment here]

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2011-09-23 10:31:59 UTC
Gratz. That is a bargain.

When you have both packages completed and ready, send me a mail message.

Good luck and much success to the business.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#23 - 2011-09-23 11:20:17 UTC
Glafri wrote:
Nice looking new business you have. Good luck!
I'll probably pick a package up soon.

Thanks very much. Now I'm fretting that I missed something out in the contracts. Anxious like a brand new mother Big smile

LOL, I'll check in the morning and get some more on the market ... egbinger next.

DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Gratz. That is a bargain.
When you have both packages completed and ready, send me a mail message.
Good luck and much success to the business.

Thanks. Decided to price for accessability. Never going to really recoup time as money anyways :-)

It's going to be a few weeks I think, before I have Smash & Grab finished, but I'll let you know.

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#24 - 2011-09-24 19:19:35 UTC
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Douglas Adams

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Hathrul
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2011-09-25 10:24:56 UTC
I cant comment on the actual packs, however i had a lot of dealings with substantia nigra buying other products from him. The one time a mistake was made this was promptly fixed without question. Recommended for everyone
Lady Aja
#26 - 2011-09-26 17:36:59 UTC
while your service is nice and all...

there is already a free pdf file out there telling you about the missions and it tells you EVERYTHING.

namely this
http://lorebook.eve-inspiracy.com/guides/Angel_Epic_Arc_guide_by_Jowen_Datloran_v0.9.pdf

and

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/jowen/Guristas_Epic_Arc_guide_by_Jowen_Datloran_v1.0.pdf

google is your friend and i am not :P
where is my ability to link a sig properly CCP you munters!!
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#27 - 2011-09-26 20:46:44 UTC
Lady Aja wrote:
... there is already a free pdf file out there ...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. But if you'd checked the postings at the start of this thread you might have noticed that this matter had already been addressed in the FAQ question "Why buy this when there’s freebie stuff available?"

You might also have noticed that this package is way more than a guide. Still I guess it's sometimes a bit difficult to read all the information that's provided in these forum postings, especially when they try to anticipate the 'issues' and provide all the information in advance.

As I mentioned in the 'freebie' FAQ posting, there are other guides out there, and Jowen's are very good ... for what they are. I also posted links to his 'lore' site.

Lady Aja wrote:
... and it tells you EVERYTHING.

Not so! They are very good guides, but some of the mission setups appear to have changed since they were researched and written, and much of the trigger info is either incorrect or has changed. They also do not cover many of the 'tricks' and 'catches' that happen out there in Venal or Curse. For example there's no mention of the huge Caldari faction standings loss you can suffer during the Sabotage 101 mission.

Certainly, for many people that's enough and all they want / need, which is fine ... after all I used Jowen's guides to help me through the second time I ran Angel Sound (having managed an epic fail on the first attempt). What I am offering is a tool to much greater safety and efficiency for those wanting to not have to muddle along to the extent I did in the past.

Obviously not for everyone, just as those pirate epic arcs are not for everyone :-)

Jowen Datloran
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-09-27 07:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jowen Datloran
Hey, I endorse this product/service.

I know my guides not are covering everything because there are certain elements I deliberately left out. My main focus is the story being told in the epic arcs; information on hostiles, triggers and such is only secondary priority. The trickiest part about doing the pirate epic arcs is travelling in safety anyhow, and this is where having bookmarks could become very handy.

That people want to make a little ISK on their work is a fair deal. I rarely get any monetary thanks for my guides so maybe I am the fool in this. P

Mr. Science & Trade Institute, EVE Online Lorebook 

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#29 - 2011-09-28 21:57:39 UTC
"Would you kindly?"
BioShock

BTW ... I just ran one of these missions (Fuel Gauge, mid-way thru the Smash and Grab arc) slightly differently to my previous efforts, and was pleasantly surprised to rake-in over 100M in goodies. So far I have only met two missions that can be completed solo in a frigate hull, and that pay better than this. Those are the final missions of these two pirate epic arcs.

Looks like Smash and Grab may be worth a bit more than I had previously thought :-)

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#30 - 2011-10-03 21:13:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”
Miguel de Unamuno (Spanish Author and Philosopher, 1864-1936)

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#31 - 2011-10-04 17:01:04 UTC
A half truth, like half a brick, is always more forcible as an argument than a whole one. It carries better.
Stephen Leacock

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#32 - 2011-10-05 22:25:02 UTC
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
Oscar Wilde

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#33 - 2011-10-06 17:12:51 UTC
It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.
Jeseph Joubert

Demon View
Doomheim
#34 - 2011-10-08 00:54:25 UTC
I just completed this arc with a (fairly low skill) Malediction, without losing a single ship, with only two close calls, and with too much traipsing between Curse and Domain over my fit. I'm pretty comfortable with lowsec, but bubblesec is another story, and I probably wouldn't've attempted this arc for some months yet, without this package.

So,

1. It's not a scam. You really do get tons of bookmarks for the area, and also an in-game manual in the form of bookmarks, and also an emailed and nice-looking PDF with a lot of detail.
  2. Substantia herself was very helpful, particularly with intel.
  3. The bookmarks are all on grid, but placed so that I never had trouble getting around anchored bubbles.
  4. Even if you're wary of the bookmarks, they're good both to fall back on and to quickly improve on.

If you haven't completed these arcs, or are still afraid of nullsec, take this as your opportunity to head out there. This kit pays for itself.
Trocomare
Kavashikari
#35 - 2011-10-10 19:33:44 UTC
I can tell you who still are suspicious about this package: It's worth every single ISK. Great bookmarks and guide, thumbs up Smile
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#36 - 2011-10-10 20:33:21 UTC
Thanks for the feedback. There's a dozen or so purchasers out there who I've not heard back from ... ingame or via forums. Hopefully they're well on their way to completion and will offer some more feedback soon.

Demon View wrote:
I just completed this arc with a (fairly low skill) Malediction, without losing a single ship ...

Congratulations, excellent effort.

I will chase up details of the problem you encountered (?Data Destruction mission) and incorporate into the next revision of the Angel Sound manual. From our chat I understand the problem was that clearing the NPCs activates each acceleration gate for only an hour, and that you took a bit more damage than you'd hoped and warped out and stayed away for more than an hour ... so could not re-enter the mission site. The 'fix' was to wait for DT to respawn the mission site and then go in with your ship able to tank the mission.

Demon View wrote:
... with too much traipsing between Curse and Domain over my fit ...

LOL. This I can vouch for. I was missioning in null, on the main route into K-QWHE, and every time I looked up Demon seemed to be in local again. It did give me the chance to pass a few more potentially useful bookmarks on to him though.

Demon View wrote:
The bookmarks are all on grid, but placed so that I never had trouble getting around anchored bubbles.

The near-gate 'approach' BMs are located primarily for the purpose of bubble-avoidance, so I am very pleased that that's exactly what they did :-)

Those sorts of 'approach' bookmarks are best to be ongrid but at a warpable distance, as that allows you to watch the gate / station before warping to it. You can use offgrid BMs for this, in conjunction with your DS, but it's way more fiddly.

I have since discovered a few to be close-enough to be grid-FUd ... and was unable to warp-to the gate from a BM that was 200km away. Not a huge problem (just burn a bit further away until you can warp) but a bit of an inconvenience.

Most of the station exit (instawarp) BMs are offgrid, since there is no real advantage in having potential attackers see how far away your instawarp BM is.

Demon View wrote:
Even if you're wary of the bookmarks, they're good both to fall back on and to quickly improve on.

Absolutely! Especially if you think you're likely to want to run the arc more than once.

Trocomare wrote:
I can tell you who still are suspicious about this package: It's worth every single ISK. Great bookmarks and guide, thumbs up Smile

Thanks very much. Looks like I am selling them way-too-cheap, and will have to hike my prices a few hundred percent ;-)

Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#37 - 2011-10-15 05:09:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Magister Orchidaceae wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=190328#post190328

Brilliant, thanks!
I just finished the Angel Sound arch. Good timing because Curse was getting busy on weekend.
No problems at all. Thanks for warnings. There was pvp corp bubbling station exits and it a bit of a pain at times. I just wait and use this alt to watch from outside. Anyway many mission accepting and completing remotely, which is good.
When you have the gurista one ready to buy? I have standings to start but like with those bookmark and excellent manual.

Thanks Magister,

I'm glad that all went well for you on Angel Sound.

Smash & Grab is almost finished. I am working on final touches to mini-manual at this very moment.

Get your main to mail me ingame, and I'll throw you a private contract as soon as it's done .... probbly before or soon after next downtime.

Any feedback with sugegsted improvements would be welcome. People are buying, and finishing the arc pretty quickly, but no-one is suggesting improvements. Surely it's not perfect!!

P

Octarius Eskravu
The Racing Mackerels
#38 - 2011-10-15 23:25:23 UTC
Just wondering...

if i am a pirate that hunt in that area for epic runner frigs, should i buy your package providing possible safe spots to catch your clients?
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#39 - 2011-10-15 23:35:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
Octarius Eskravu wrote:
if i am a pirate that hunt in that area for epic runner frigs, should i buy your package providing possible safe spots to catch your clients?

If you were a pirate working those areas you'd get way more targets thru normal day-to-day pirate stuff than waiting for the occasional passing-thru arc-runner. Similarly setting up nullsec bubbles to try catch the occasional arc-runner would not be terribly efficient when you got heaps of normal thru traffic warping gate-to-gate or near enough to.

Possible I guess, but I reckon anyone'd lose interest pretty quickly ... the returns would be so poor.

I use the same set of BMs myself and usually select a warp-to distance (e.g. 50km etc) rather than warping to the BM itself ... just an added dimension of safety out there.

p.s. Here's what I had already written, on that matter, in the FAQs at the start of this thread ...
Substantia Nigra wrote:

What if pirates also have that bookmark collection?

It would be wise to assume that hostile people do have this bookmark set, some of them may. Even if they didn’t have these particular bookmarks most nullsec residents and roamers have extensive bookmark collections near gates and other celestial objects.

All the same it is exceedingly unlikely that someone will camp or bubble to warp lines or locations used by these bookmarks. You can see why this will be the case by thinking about how many people, what proportion, passing through those systems are doing so because of the epic arc …. and how many of those are using this bookmark set? It’s going to be a very small portion of traffic and most PvPers are going to be putting their effort where they will get the best return … bubbling and camping the main gate-gate and celestial-gate warp-lines.

These bookmarks cannot ever offer you perfect safety, but used intelligently it’s highly unlikely you’ll have problems, and it’s highly likely that you’ll be travelling much more quickly and much more safely through your epic mission arc.

If you’re planning to run the arc more than one, then you might also want to think about using this bookmark set to build your own. That will take you longer, the first time, but will provide you with your own custom-made bookmark set.

I have no doubt that this forum post will be subject to the predictable “Bwahh Ha Ha. Yarrr, I’m an evil piwate and I’m gonna buy those bookmarks and then kill you” postings. Personally, I would have more fear of the competent pirates / PvPers out there who do not feel the need to ego-tank, making forum postings to tell the world how great they are.

Asaface
Facial Enterprises
#40 - 2011-10-20 06:17:53 UTC
Fantastic service, i was hesitant at first as you never know if your about to be scammed in eve but i took the risk.

It paid off

I have just completed the guristas epic arc with no small thanks to this package, great bookark collection, great manuals and great customer service.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE