These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
First pagePrevious page8910

New dev blog: Incursions update

First post
Author
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#181 - 2012-06-19 03:09:01 UTC
You folks don't get it.

Incursions being fixed is a long, long way off.
CCP now uses the rule where the urgency to fix something is inversely proportional to the impact it has on the economic generation capability of high sec.

The dev's have to::

Fix UI
Fix FW
Fix War Dec mechanics
Fix POS's (lead dev's pet project, do your forum research on that)
Rebalance T1 frigs and cruisers
Mess with mining barges
Tweak tech mining to give the illusion of fairness

all before getting around to sorting out Incursions.

Also, looking forward to the May, and now June, economic numbers.
I am waiting to see how little impact wiping out Incursions had on the overall ISK generation, so the anti-high sec folks can scream "nerf L4's!!!". But maybe they have to wait on that one. Given the significant drop in people logging on, there will be a decent drop in economic activity from that alone, which will not give them a strong base to argue from.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#182 - 2012-06-19 03:14:08 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
I am waiting to see how little impact wiping out Incursions had on the overall ISK generation, so the anti-high sec folks can scream "nerf L4's!!!". But maybe they have to wait on that one. Given the significant drop in people logging on, there will be a decent drop in economic activity from that alone, which will not give them a strong base to argue from.

You do of course realise the incursion nerf wasn't an attempt to curb ISK faucets, but a simple risk/reward rebalancing, right?

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#183 - 2012-06-19 12:36:14 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

You do of course realise the incursion nerf wasn't an attempt to curb ISK faucets, but a simple risk/reward rebalancing, right?

LOL....still using that tired old line?

It reminds me of another grand farce.
Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction.
Oh, he doesn't have any?
Never mind, it was about regime change to make the world a safer place.

Same concept as the crap you keep spewing out.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#184 - 2012-06-19 12:50:51 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

****** ******* has weapons of mass destruction.
Oh, he doesn't have any?

What does that have to do with the motivations behind some random computer game rebalancing? What?

"Some random country lied about it's motivations for going to war, therefore CCP's primary motivation for nerfing incursions was to curb inflation".

I am honestly not following that line of reasoning.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Xavier Thorm
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#185 - 2012-06-19 16:20:30 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

****** ******* has weapons of mass destruction.
Oh, he doesn't have any?

What does that have to do with the motivations behind some random computer game rebalancing? What?

"Some random country lied about it's motivations for going to war, therefore CCP's primary motivation for nerfing incursions was to curb inflation".

I am honestly not following that line of reasoning.

I agree that comparing anything in EVE to the US invasion of Iraq is idiotic and a poor method of argument, however, my understanding from people who attended Fanfest was that CCP emphasized the effect of Incursions on ISK inflation as a primary reason that they wanted to change them.
Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#186 - 2012-06-20 15:36:51 UTC
Dev response alone in this thread gives me hope to be in a group of legions again from across the eve Universe with faction and alliance does not matter. This was unique and should be nurtured.
Darek Castigatus
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#187 - 2012-06-22 00:09:18 UTC
As long as it doesnt blow every other method of making isk in high sec out of the water again I would be happy to agree with you.

Pirates - The Invisible Fist of Darwin

you're welcome

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#188 - 2012-06-22 13:24:23 UTC
If you want incursions to be fun it needs to be scaled better like from lv1 to4 in missions being limited to ship sizes so frigs vs frigs, cruisers vs cruisers...
so VG frigs, Assaults cruisers, and HQ should be battleships only as capitals don't belong in high sec.
and make scouts worth doing for small frig groups and introduce a logi frig for VG's, as such rewards vs risk would be much easier to scale correctly and flying around in cruisers/frigs is more fun than bs.
And the storyline needs to be developed i mean how many armies in RL would continue fighting when they lose their ships at astronomical rates.
and make the incursions themselves more interesting and believable with objectives in them like a military facility is getting raided by cargo ships that have to be killed which are in turn protected by some ships off the main fleet fight .

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Domineren
Knights Of the Ruined Empire
#189 - 2012-06-25 16:28:27 UTC
Zita Devon wrote:
there is only ONE word to discribe incurtions, just a "wreste" of time...

we was starting to run them a year ago.. we was fighting to figuer out how to kill sansha as fast as posible, WE invested houres and munths of Skill points into skill's needed to make this happen.

We invested Tons of ISK into the needed ship's and fitting for this to happen.

WE are left with nothing.. CCP was not giveing us an Nerf of 10 % pay out. it's an nerf of -80% profit.

pilotes running VG incurtions now.. thy spent 5 times more the ammo and 3 times more time and the pay out is 10% lower,
you need a fleet of 10 ppl to run. a fleet will not work if your missing just 1 pilot.

this makes lvl 4 mission more profitable.. and Result.. ppl don't fly incurtions anymore...

it's true Shiny fleet's was running them at 4 min's flat. but now you have ppl sitting all day waiting for the 1 missing pilot to be able to run them..

to run incurtions you needed a pilot who was able to fly in all faction of space..
must players have an "extra" accound to do this, but that's not needed anymore.. sinds this is not makeing the asme profit anymore.

guy's REMEMBER EVE is a game.. play the game to have fun.. and enjoy your time online.. don't cry about what was going on befor.. adobt to the changes.. and find something else to do .. go out and Exploit the EASY system of Ganking .. even with Concord right next to you.. THY still don't bother to defend a mining ship getting shot at.. in high seq. OOH and remember " it is not theft to run of with an empty ship is space. but it's theft to take a metal scrap from a dead rat..

just stop...look at the prices of EVERYTHING in the game and then think about what you've just said...incursions have ruined the economy. that and ccp's messing with the dronelands and making them not drop alloys. maybe they need to start nerfing it more so people go back to mining and bring the prices of ships back down. i remember before incursions when you could fully fit a drake/cane/brutix for less than 50 mil. now the HULL is 65ish. quit whining about the ammo you've spent money on because its YOUR fault its gone up in price

Senn Denroth - Highsec PVP is only for the elite of the elite....

Ex-Rebirth....and miner.  Fight me.

Cobalt Rookits
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2012-06-27 00:15:44 UTC
Domineren wrote:

just stop...look at the prices of EVERYTHING in the game and then think about what you've just said...incursions have ruined the economy. that and ccp's messing with the dronelands and making them not drop alloys. maybe they need to start nerfing it more so people go back to mining and bring the prices of ships back down. i remember before incursions when you could fully fit a drake/cane/brutix for less than 50 mil. now the HULL is 65ish. quit whining about the ammo you've spent money on because its YOUR fault its gone up in price

Wow, I can't believe this, do you think that maybe, just maybe the cost increase was due more to, oh I don't know, the cost of minerals going up massively? Heck you even mentioned the drone region change in your post, and then ignored it? Here's a hint, Tritanium is ~2x what it was 6 months ago.

Regardless of the effect of incursions on inflation (I'm sure its there) blaming incursion for rising Hull costs, when mineral prices are to blame is not very bright.

Deriah Book
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2012-06-28 19:08:20 UTC
Harvey James wrote:

And the storyline needs to be developed i mean how many armies in RL would continue fighting when they lose their ships at astronomical rates.

This is a very interesting point. Many times I have thought the same thing whilst running missions, mining planets, shooting rats, and running incursions.

The fact of the matter is, there will be new players next week, and next month, and next year. Each of them (us) expects a certain level and style of game play. I would assume options have been considered by CCP. But to create new story lines at a rate necessary to keep all new players engaged the way we are now, to sustainably create ephemeral arcs...

That would really be creating a new game altogether. Restructuring the very fabric of what Eve is. Changing it into a completely different gaming experience.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#192 - 2012-07-02 05:52:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
Why don't we look at the real numbers? Where are they?
The Override Transfer Arrays have made the Vanguards UNBALANCED there is no other 'individual change' which more UNSUCCESFFULLY KILLED THE INCURSION COMMUNITIES. How is that for feedback?

Edit: Off topic part removed, CCP Phantom
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#193 - 2012-07-04 06:32:03 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Here's an update on the balancing of Vanguards: as of 0625 Eve time in the Norgoh constellation 27 OTAs, 0 NCO's, 0 NMC's. oh well I guess in 4 hours 35 minutes the sites will reset. Since its a holiday in the states I expect the OTA 'balance' will be near 100% OTAs ~12 hours before DT instead of ~18 hours today.
Hmmmmm I wonder why the Vanguards have floored CCP Soundwave, you want to guess? Wait another 2 months maybe then you'll see a pattern Roll
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#194 - 2012-07-04 11:19:42 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:
You folks don't get it.

Incursions being fixed is a long, long way off.
CCP now uses the rule where the urgency to fix something is inversely proportional to the impact it has on the economic generation capability of high sec.

The dev's have to::

Fix UI
Fix FW
Fix War Dec mechanics
Fix POS's (lead dev's pet project, do your forum research on that)
Rebalance T1 frigs and cruisers
Mess with mining barges
Tweak tech mining to give the illusion of fairness

all before getting around to sorting out Incursions.

Also, looking forward to the May, and now June, economic numbers.

This is just completely incorrect.. different teams are tasked to different projects. Content Designers work on Incursions.. I am one of those designers and I can assure you, no one wants me trying my hand at UI programming or ship rebalancing

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#195 - 2012-07-27 20:59:59 UTC
What is the status and do we get an update?

Why cant we roll back the good ole days to where it was isk worthy to run incursions.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#196 - 2012-07-27 22:01:58 UTC
Carton Mantory wrote:
What is the status and do we get an update?

Why cant we roll back the good ole days to where it was isk worthy to run incursions.

Because you were doing it in high sec in complete safety.

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#197 - 2012-07-29 11:26:00 UTC
ah you can still make 100mil isk an hour doing assaults

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

First pagePrevious page8910