These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inferno 1.1 Sisi features

First post First post First post
Author
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#21 - 2012-06-11 13:35:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
CCP Goliath wrote:
Guys, before this goes on any further, kindly take off the hats and get real - we do not develop with one corp or alliance in mind...

Seriously Goliath. This does look exactly like a change to suit one particular alliance.

The changes you have proposed make it impossible for a smaller organization to add significant allied numbers against an incoming wardec from a 9000 person alliance (goonswarm) without paying massively more isk than Goonswarm have to pay to make the wardec in the first place!

Your devblog patchnotes could have been drafted by Mittani.

In addition the mutual wardec change means that its literally impossible to bring any kind of pressure to bare on a much larger attacker that would make them want to actually surrender at some point in the future. Because you can't bring in allies on mutual then you can't bring pressure to the table.

And if you don't go mutual then the attacker can simply stop paying the moment they want out.

You have utterly defanged the Inferno Wardec system and turned it into a joke just because one particular large alliance is currently wardecced against 70 or so allies across a couple of outgoing "griefing" decs and I have to tell you it looks damned fishy.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

NeoTheo
Dark Materials
#22 - 2012-06-11 13:38:15 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Guys, before this goes on any further, kindly take off the hats and get real - we do not develop with one corp or alliance in mind...

I will be interested to read the "dev blog", back when you guys initially stated your goals for revamping the wardec system you stated one thing - this changes that, the frustrating thing however is that its pretty much in faviour of the agressor.

People can talk about things being fair and locking folks in to combat - what i liked about the mutual thing however is that it actaully put some REAL consiquence behind that "declare" button, it would stop people doing it on a whim. Now your taking that away and we are back to some micky mouse system where people can dock up for 2 weeks if they want.

Thats a shame, because for all the nice mechanics you put in. they dont mean a dam thing if there is no consiquence for hitting the "declare" button. Troll wars in effect are back.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2012-06-11 13:42:24 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Seriously Goliath. This does look exactly like a change to suit one particular alliance.

The changes you have proposed make it impossible for a smaller organization to add significant allied numbers against an incoming wardec from a 9000 person alliance (goonswarm) without paying massively more isk than Goonswarm have to pay to make the wardec in the first place!

Your devblog could have been drafted by Mittani.

In addition the mutual wardec change means that its literally impossible to bring any kind of pressure to bare on a much larger attacker that would make them want to actually surrender at some point in the future. Because you can't bring in allies on mutual then you can't bring pressure to the table.

And if you don't go mutual then the attacker can simply stop paying the moment they want out.

You have utterly defanged the Inferno Wardec system and turned it into a joke just because one particular large alliance is currently wardecced against 70 or so allies across a couple of outgoing "griefing" decs and I have to tell you it looks damned fishy.

Which devblog are you referring to?

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Kashe Kadeshe
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-06-11 13:44:00 UTC
Spyker Slater wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Decreases the time between modification of resistances.

It will also eat my cap faster, except if you decreased that as well?
Is the incoming damage detection cycle separate from the cap consumption cycle? If so, it sounds like a nice thing, but further clarification would be helpful.
Kelduum Revaan
The Ebon Hawk
#25 - 2012-06-11 13:50:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Kelduum Revaan
Just to quickly cover the changes coming to the Ally system, if the costs are kept fairly low, it shouldnt be much of a problem, even when they scale exponentially. After all, someone who *wants* to fight the aggressor will likely just give the defender the ISK if its less than the cost of a wardec.

Also, as a real-world example, we had something like 30+ allies in a recent war, all offered free assistance, and none of who were involved in any kills/losses - its important to note that this isn't the 'mercenary marketplace' which was mentioned, and that should come later, but for now its a way to provide some repercussions for the aggressor.

All this will do is 'moderate' the numbers a little so the defender needs to be a little more selective.

Free 'mercs' != regular mercs who you hire to do stuff.
CCP SoniClover
C C P
C C P Alliance
#26 - 2012-06-11 13:51:11 UTC
Regarding the war dec system changes being some goonswarm conspiracy - all of these changes were decided (and most implemented) long before this particular goonswarm war even started. Do you really think we add new stuff a few days before a release just because of one war?

Regarding defenders now being defenseless, etc. This change will make it a little bit more difficult to defend, but what we have to do is strike a balance between defender options and incentives to declare war. We can give defenders all kinds of shiny new tools to defend themselves, but if they result in nobody declaring war anymore, then why bother? Yes, we want the system as a whole to have more consequences, but that cuts both ways.
Ben Fenix
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#27 - 2012-06-11 13:55:12 UTC
Even though I've always liked the idea of seeing missiles come from the old Drake's build in Missile Launchers I think the redesign looks pretty good. I'm kind of satisfied with it.

But my favorite feature on SISI right now is the Missile Flares. Finally Missiles aren't only almost unnoticable smokey trails on dark backgrounds. Big smile

Now just please redesign the Torpedo Explosion Effects, because they just look silly for a missile of that size. Almost undistinguishable compared to cruise or heavy missiles.

#Soup

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#28 - 2012-06-11 13:55:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
CCP Goliath wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Your devblog could have been drafted by Mittani.

Which devblog are you referring to?

I mispoke "patchnotes" :

I have underlined the bits that give a huge advantage to Goonswarm in the changes.

CCP Goliath wrote:
Superfriends

• Ally contracts have fixed length of two weeks
• Allies can not be part of mutual wars – defender cannot hire allies into mutual wars and existing ally contracts are cancelled (with a 24 hour grace period)
• Cap on War Dec cost – it will never have a base price of more than 500 mill regardless of corp/alliance membership (still affected by the number of wars you have declared)
• New UI control for War options in war lists
• Added cost for hiring multiple allies for a war – hiring more than one ally now incur a cost that goes to CONCORD. The cost rises exponentially the more allies are hired into the same war.
• Added new skill – Armor Resistance Phasing, which reduces the cycle time of Reactive Armor Hardeners

Perhaps you'd care to explain how it is reasonable that:

A) it will become fiscally impractical to add enough allies (100+) into a war that only costs the attacker 50m isk to declare, to make any kind of military difference.

B) by removing allies from mutual status you make it impossible to trap a very large attacker into a war with genuine consequernce (ie something they need to surrender formally for rather than just :forgetting: to pay the bill when they need out of it).

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

CCP SoniClover
C C P
C C P Alliance
#29 - 2012-06-11 13:56:43 UTC
Kashe Kadeshe wrote:
Spyker Slater wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

Is the incoming damage detection cycle separate from the cap consumption cycle? If so, it sounds like a nice thing, but further clarification would be helpful.

No, this WILL increase the consumption on the whole. The cap need is 42, meaning you will now use 84 every 10 second (assuming skill at level 5).
Severian Carnifex
#30 - 2012-06-11 13:57:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Severian Carnifex
CCP Goliath wrote:

yea... we see that... RollRollRoll

if not only one... then few the largest ones... Ugh
Faiunus KeDar
Dead Cow Theory
#31 - 2012-06-11 13:59:11 UTC
Quote:
Trilambda

• Minmatar V3
• Re-designed Caldari Drake
• Changes to the way camera focuses when you board or lose your ship.
• Adding flares to missiles. Makes them visible when zoomed out.
• All V3 ship materials are now a bit brighter.

I love the V3'd minmatar ships, however the T1 ships I always imagined to be a bit darker, like the Tornado on TQ. With all the new shaders being brighter I also see another problem. The Caldari and Amarr ships I can live with, but Gallente ships does not look as good as they did once the first version of the new shaders came out. Personly I like the darker textures. Why? New Eden is not a stroll in the park, it is a dark universe we live in. I think that the darker textures fits better with that theme.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#32 - 2012-06-11 14:01:57 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Regarding the war dec system changes being some goonswarm conspiracy - all of these changes were decided (and most implemented) long before this particular goonswarm war even started. Do you really think we add new stuff a few days before a release just because of one war?

The Honda Accord wardec has been running for several weeks longer and has created the same precedent.

CCP SoniClover wrote:
Regarding defenders now being defenseless, etc. This change will make it a little bit more difficult to defend, but what we have to do is strike a balance between defender options and incentives to declare war. We can give defenders all kinds of shiny new tools to defend themselves, but if they result in nobody declaring war anymore, then why bother? Yes, we want the system as a whole to have more consequences, but that cuts both ways.

What you have done is completely remove consequences from the largest entities in Eve. You have made it utterly impractical to add enough allies into a war to discomfort a very large alliance and made it impossible to lock such an alliance into a war so they are forced to consider surrender.

And the thing is - who was complaining about the way this was working? Certainly not the hundreds of small corporations getting to try empire war against large territorial alliances for the first time. The only people complaining were ... well, Goonswarm really.

I don't think you have given the Inferno wardec system long enough in the wild to make any kind of rational assessments of how it is working in practise. And this rapid near-complete nerfing of the ally system does sound like a developer batphone being picked up and whined into.

These are changes purely to the benefit of the largest most powerful and best connected alliances in Eve and to the huge detriment of the smaller entities.

You have to acknowledge this stinks like a container of rotten fish in a cesspit.

NeoTheo
Dark Materials
#33 - 2012-06-11 14:02:49 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:

You are TOTALLY missing the point - with all due respect. Its not the defnders ability to defend them selves thats at issue here.

Its the fact that your system had a built in consiquence for getting in over your head. Pressing the "I want to go to war" button should be something you think about as it is on TQ right now that is the case.

You could find yourself you cant get out of untill you surrender or leave your corp/allaince.

What these changes do is remove that consiquence, wars are now back to "it not a important decision, its a random gameplay distratction". In essance you have made war less important and i am dam sure that wasnt part of your original design - It sure as hell wasnt part of what we were told the design was, but i start to digress.

Defenders dont want additional toys, you gave them everything they need - they want to know if they go *all in* and get help from a wide range of people - that they can make sure that the allaince/corp/entity in question that agressed knows there are lasting consiquences.

A 100 man allaince (for example) might never do enough damage to seriously harm a 1000 man allaince - But if that 100 man allaince knows they might get stuck with a war forever - that is on terms they cant dictate - they might think twice about pushing that button.

consiquence's are core to eve stop removing them. (infuriatingly just affer you added them).

/trying not be be rant, just rather disapointed.

Cathrine Kenchov
Ice Cold Ellites
#34 - 2012-06-11 14:04:42 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Kashe Kadeshe wrote:
Spyker Slater wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:

No, this WILL increase the consumption on the whole. The cap need is 42, meaning you will now use 84 every 10 second (assuming skill at level 5).

-8.4 GJ/s is a little extreme, don't you think?
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2012-06-11 14:04:52 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
CCP SoniClover wrote:

The Honda Accord wardec has been running for several weeks longer and has created the same precedent.

CCP SoniClover wrote:

What you have done is completely remove consequences from the largest entities in Eve. You have made it utterly impractical to add enough allies into a war to discomfort a very large alliance and made it impossible to lock such an alliance into a war so they are forced to consider surrender.

And the thing is - who was complaining about the way this was working? Certainly not the hundreds of small corporations getting to try empire war against large territorial alliances for the first time. The only people complaining were ... well, Goonswarm really.

I don't think you have given the Inferno wardec system long enough in the wild to make any kind of rational assessments of how it is working in practise. And this rapid near-complete nerfing of the ally system does sound like a developer batphone being picked up and whined into.

These are changes purely to the benefit of the largest most powerful and best connected alliances in Eve and to the huge detriment of the smaller entities.

You have to acknowledge this stinks like a container of rotten fish in a cesspit.

Not only do I not acknowledge it, I have and will continue to actively refute it. I want this thread to be relevant to teams collecting *valid* feedback on their features and so hereforth will be deleting any half baked conspiracy theories.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#36 - 2012-06-11 14:07:54 UTC
Come on Jade, being able to lock allies into mutual wars is clearly a really bad idea. Right now, I could form two alt corps, have them wardec each other, and then grab a bunch of free allies or even paid mercs, make the war mutual and never let them out. This is a bad thing, and these changes go a long way towards fixing that problem.

Limits on allies are not just about Goons, why would *any* corp wardec anyone else right now? If you do so, you are subjecting yourself to a possibly unlimtied number of allies. You talk about 9000 vs 100, but what about a 20 vs 20 wardec. Right now, the defender can pull in many hundreds or even thousands of allies, and there is no way a small corp would be able to deal with that.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#37 - 2012-06-11 14:09:04 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
CCP SoniClover wrote:

CCP SoniClover wrote:

Not only do I not acknowledge it, I have and will continue to actively refute it. I want this thread to be relevant to teams collecting *valid* feedback on their features and so hereforth will be deleting any half baked conspiracy theories.

Right so how about we have a proper discussion of the numbers and implications of changes to the wardec system based around some solid examples and see if we can come to some useful conclusions?

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#38 - 2012-06-11 14:13:17 UTC
I would really like it if someone tried out the new UI control I added in the war lists and would give me feedback on how they like using itSmile

it's a new utility menu where you can change settings (like mark your war open for allies) without having to pop up a window and change the setting there. it also has an option to open the war report since some people felt it got lost because it wasn't in a right click, only on double clicking.

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#39 - 2012-06-11 14:14:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Two step wrote:
Come on Jade, being able to lock allies into mutual wars is clearly a really bad idea. Right now, I could form two alt corps, have them wardec each other, and then grab a bunch of free allies or even paid mercs, make the war mutual and never let them out. This is a bad thing, and these changes go a long way towards fixing that problem.

So lets make a change the impacts allied lockin - allow allies to leave a mutual war with a 7 day down or whatever. Disallowing any allieds in a mutual war means that a large entity wardeccing a small one can never be effectively mutualled and thus cannot ever really be brought to a meaningful surrender. This change is throwing out the baby with the bathwater and the issue you raise could be addressed without wielding a baseball bat rather than a scalpel. (alternatively of course the 2 week contract period solves that first problem completely, allow auto renewal at preference and all is good).

Two step wrote:
Limits on allies are not just about Goons, why would *any* corp wardec anyone else right now? If you do so, you are subjecting yourself to a possibly unlimtied number of allies. You talk about 9000 vs 100, but what about a 20 vs 20 wardec. Right now, the defender can pull in many hundreds or even thousands of allies, and there is no way a small corp would be able to deal with that.

Okay so lets make another small change instead.

If aggressing entity has a membership larger than the defending entity (+all their allies) then the defending entity can call allies exactly as the system works now.

If the aggressing entity has a membership smaller than the defending entity then the defender can still call allies but for every ally who is added the attacker can also add an ally.

This allows escalation on both sides and will lead to a more dynamic and evolving war environment.

NeoTheo
Dark Materials
#40 - 2012-06-11 14:15:54 UTC
Two step wrote:

In that case the only change needed is the 2 week rule for hires, the Mutual wars change is un-needed. see my above post as to why.