These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Grow some extremely durable genitalia.

First post First post
Author
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#901 - 2012-07-23 21:21:13 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
blah.

face this, recieve notifications unclicked, you need to get them runners on again and for the last time troll, jog on.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#902 - 2012-07-23 21:23:01 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
blah.

face this, recieve notifications unclicked, you need to get them runners on again and for the last time troll, jog on.

So when I say that local can be removed when L4s and L3s are removed from hisec, it's "YOU DON'T WANT ANY CHANGES", but when Xorv says the same, it's "well said"?

I dunno, it sounds like you've got some sort of bias. vOv

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Frying Doom
#903 - 2012-08-13 08:46:27 UTC
Just a bump to stir the potBig smile

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Lilianna Star
Vagrant Empress
#904 - 2012-08-13 16:47:38 UTC
I'm a carebear and I like this plan.

I say the implementation for this should be the change from local to regional chat.

But many people will argue that there needs to be some sort of way to detect cloaking campers in belts. I say: deal with it. Have manned bodyguards.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#905 - 2012-08-13 16:50:18 UTC
Lilianna Star wrote:
I'm a carebear and I like this plan.

I say the implementation for this should be the change from local to regional chat.

But many people will argue that there needs to be some sort of way to detect cloaking campers in belts. I say: deal with it. Have manned bodyguards.

Or just derp back to hisec to make money there instead, for less effort.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Bloodpetal
Tir Capital Management Group
#906 - 2012-08-13 17:06:10 UTC
Obvious counter to cloaky bombs is to line up a bombing run from one direction that the enemy can't get around, setup cloaked 2 + smart bomber @ x range from fleet to intercept bombers as they arrive on grid and nullify outgoing bombs, and WIN!

Shocked

Where I am.

Gazmin VanBurin
Boma Bull Corp
#907 - 2012-08-13 17:16:19 UTC
im behind this all the way, tho they would likely need to increese the ways to find people, especialy cloakys. or just put a local count but no names or faces

Also to the people who say no local makes bombers 100% safe, arnt they already?
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#908 - 2012-08-23 05:55:25 UTC
Goremageddon Box wrote:
this thread, i would dislike it if i could.

not even for the fact that i dont want local removed (which i dont really care either way)

but because the argument being given is really poor.

Very poor.

I only wish I had presented as such a strong of an argument as you did.
ugh zug
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#909 - 2012-08-23 06:41:25 UTC
I'm a fan of removing local, but I'm also a fan of Wh's. the problem is that in WH's you have some controlling factors other then local to control who is inside your space, and in normal space there is no mechanic to limit the flow of people in and out of a system. it works for WH space but i cringe to see the result it bring in low and null except rampart destruction and misery followed by lots of unsubscribing because someones pve ship got poped for the 5th time and they can no longer afford to pvp. you would need a scanner alt pinging the system every 5 seconds with Deepspace scanner probe while you do stuff and gtfo when you hit a new ship sig.

Want me to shut up? Remove content from my post,1B. Remove my content from a thread I have started 2B.

Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#910 - 2012-08-23 08:20:30 UTC
I just want to say that I have no idea what this thread is actually about, but it pleases me greatly to find this command to grow durable genitalia embedded on the front page of this subforum every day.
Dajli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#911 - 2012-08-23 23:20:38 UTC
I agree with getting rid of local as long as the rest of the UI gets overhauled too. Why do we even use menus while flying? How about a real heads up display complete with the scanner active at all times showing any ships that are in system. You wouldn't know what kind of ships or who's flying them but just the traffic. And also the traffic would not be updated but be about a minute behind i.e. every time the scanner cycles and makes another tick on the system.
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#912 - 2012-08-24 00:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Alx Warlord
no. go live in a WH... Back to the hole where you came from!!! Begone!!!
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#913 - 2012-08-25 13:14:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Caliph Muhammed
Ganthrithor wrote:
I just want to say that I have no idea what this thread is actually about, but it pleases me greatly to find this command to grow durable genitalia embedded on the front page of this subforum every day.

The honor and civility of the great Goon Nation is legendary good sir. Fine upstanding gentlemen you guys are. A toast to Afgoonistan. God shed his grace on thee.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#914 - 2012-08-25 14:31:57 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
You would have to work to locate a target.

That might work if you removed all default warp points for asteroid belts from the system menu. At the same time, make asteroid belts scanable via core probes. Otherwise, if you just remove local, it gives everyone the equivalent of a cloaking device until they're practically on top of you.

Yes ccps goal should be to.make decent pvp even harder to find. Good idea!

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

200 Proof
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#915 - 2012-08-25 15:10:48 UTC
Basically removing local, or giving ANY buff to cloakers will upset the already unbalanced risk v reward in eve.

The most you can make in null for an average pilot in an average alliance is running anoms, in either an extremely pimped battleship or carrier, you can make as much as 120m an hour.

Factors that make 120m an hour almost unachievable in nullsec are

1. Afk cloakers (we cant run anoms because there is a very real chance of them hot dropping anyone running anoms)
they can cause downtime for days at a time
2. roving gangs (not as unlikely and usually only a minor problem, very hard for them to catch someone)
3.CTA and having to defend our own space (atleast a few times a week)

Nullsec for the average pilot in an average alliance is profitable but only marginally when compared to the safety of hisec mining, incursions and missioning.

SO ANY CHANGE that makes ganking and catching nullsec pilots any easier, would simply lead to more nullsec pilots leaving nullsec. I personally was a nullsec pilot until recently I started running incursions and I love doing them. Incredibly easy, lots of isk and virtually no risk..

So unless nullsec gets alot more appealing I wont be going back, and if the rewards get boosted in nullsec then the market will be inflated by huge alliances who have systems so locked down that they are virtually hi sec systems.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#916 - 2012-08-25 20:56:58 UTC
200 Proof wrote:
Basically removing local, or giving ANY buff to cloakers will upset the already unbalanced risk v reward in eve.

The most you can make in null for an average pilot in an average alliance is running anoms, in either an extremely pimped battleship or carrier, you can make as much as 120m an hour.

Factors that make 120m an hour almost unachievable in nullsec are

1. Afk cloakers (we cant run anoms because there is a very real chance of them hot dropping anyone running anoms)
they can cause downtime for days at a time
2. roving gangs (not as unlikely and usually only a minor problem, very hard for them to catch someone)
3.CTA and having to defend our own space (atleast a few times a week)

Nullsec for the average pilot in an average alliance is profitable but only marginally when compared to the safety of hisec mining, incursions and missioning.

SO ANY CHANGE that makes ganking and catching nullsec pilots any easier, would simply lead to more nullsec pilots leaving nullsec. I personally was a nullsec pilot until recently I started running incursions and I love doing them. Incredibly easy, lots of isk and virtually no risk..

So unless nullsec gets alot more appealing I wont be going back, and if the rewards get boosted in nullsec then the market will be inflated by huge alliances who have systems so locked down that they are virtually hi sec systems.

Really I think people who want to pvp should just grow a pair themselves and try pvping with others who are set up for pvp.

Removing local will hurt these people who really have the cajones, and don't just want to fitght industrials and pve ships.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Ganthrithor
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#917 - 2012-08-25 21:36:42 UTC
Caliph Muhammed wrote:
Ganthrithor wrote:

The honor and civility of the great Goon Nation is legendary good sir. Fine upstanding gentlemen you guys are. A toast to Afgoonistan. God shed his grace on thee.

Here here!