These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP employees must be removed from the game.

First post
Author
Torneach
Doomheim
#41 - 2012-05-07 18:17:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Torneach
Sorry, you need to collect more evidence.

One incident of a MOTD change of a phrase regarding scamming really isn't enough.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#42 - 2012-05-07 18:19:12 UTC
Great, we finally get some Devs that actually play EVE that are not hopeless Carebears (the majority of them still are, check their admissions in other threads devoted to "Do the Dev's Play EVE") and this knucklehead wants to make it impossible.

You fail to understand that we WANT a game where organizations like the Goons can exist along side organizations like EVE University, using the same tool set and universe but pursuing their own vastly different goals. To achieve that goal we want developers that are well versed in as many facets of the game as possible... from the loner, to the industrialist, to the pirate, and everything in between.

We do not want the universe to be fair, comfy, and safe.

We do not want devs that only understand fair, comfy, and safe.

We wants devs that understand all aspects of EVE well enough to promote a universe that is harsh, challenging, stark, and relatively unforgiving... but above all fun for those able to survive. To do that they need to get their feet wet and play all ends of the spectrum.

If you have evidence of favoritism, submit it to Internal Affairs to be investigated.

If you have no evidence you are simply trolling, and not really worthy of attention.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#43 - 2012-05-07 18:21:00 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Great, we finally get some Devs that actually play EVE that are not hopeless Carebears (the majority of them still are, check their admissions in other threads devoted to "Do the Dev's Play EVE") and this knucklehead wants to make it impossible.

You fail to understand that we WANT a game where organizations like the Goons can exist along side organizations like EVE University, using the same tool set and universe but pursuing their own vastly different goals. To achieve that goal we want developers that are well versed in as many facets of the game as possible... from the loner, to the industrialist, to the pirate, and everything in between.

We do not want the universe to be fair, comfy, and safe.

We do not want devs that only understand fair, comfy, and safe.

We wants devs that understand all aspects of EVE well enough to promote a universe that is harsh, challenging, stark, and relatively unforgiving... but above all fun for those able to survive. To do that they need to get their feet wet and play all ends of the spectrum.

If you have evidence of favoritism, submit it to Internal Affairs to be investigated.

If you have no evidence you are simply trolling, and not really worthy of attention.

You and your well-reasoned posting...

But at the end of the day we just want to pod a dev.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-05-07 18:23:36 UTC
long long ago, CCP devs played EVE online.

then a big bad booboo happened and they were forbidden for a time.

then yet more **** happened and the players said "WADAFUK CEECEEPEE YOU DON'T PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL DO YOU MARTAFAKAHR?!?!?!!!"

then devs started to play again but with their regular character names in incogito (xcept for CCP IA afaik).



then the OP poasted this thread.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#45 - 2012-05-07 18:23:40 UTC
Darth Gustav wrote:
Ranger 1 wrote:
Great, we finally get some Devs that actually play EVE that are not hopeless Carebears (the majority of them still are, check their admissions in other threads devoted to "Do the Dev's Play EVE") and this knucklehead wants to make it impossible.

You fail to understand that we WANT a game where organizations like the Goons can exist along side organizations like EVE University, using the same tool set and universe but pursuing their own vastly different goals. To achieve that goal we want developers that are well versed in as many facets of the game as possible... from the loner, to the industrialist, to the pirate, and everything in between.

We do not want the universe to be fair, comfy, and safe.

We do not want devs that only understand fair, comfy, and safe.

We wants devs that understand all aspects of EVE well enough to promote a universe that is harsh, challenging, stark, and relatively unforgiving... but above all fun for those able to survive. To do that they need to get their feet wet and play all ends of the spectrum.

If you have evidence of favoritism, submit it to Internal Affairs to be investigated.

If you have no evidence you are simply trolling, and not really worthy of attention.

You and your well-reasoned posting...

But at the end of the day we just want to pod a dev.


Absolutely.

Dev corpses = best corpses.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-05-07 18:24:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
And here I thought it was because Goon's had what 7,000 players in their alliance
and how many others that aren't in the alliance but might as well be cause they follow along like good little bees.

Goon's don't need any help from CCP, the players have given them more then they will ever need.

Actually I do have one request though.
I would like to see a EVE musical, I am sure if the Goon's requested it of the players it would happen Big smile

How about a re-make of Little Shop of Horrors ? EVE Style ?
TRUE ZER0
SILENT INC
#47 - 2012-05-07 18:25:47 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
TRUE ZER0 wrote:
Worked at a bar/pub for 4 years. Employees were not permitted to patronize even on their day off. So we always went next door and made an ass of ourselves. Now I understand why we had that rule.


FYI, using "not drinking at your place of work" as an analogy when discussing CCP isn't going to get you very far. Blink



Couldn't eat there either. Just like Eve they had a good product back than. Just like Eve it went to sh...

Enuen Ravenseye
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2012-05-07 18:26:52 UTC
Atomic Virulent wrote:
rantings


Thank God - it's another "I hate Goons" thread. I haven't seen one of these in, oh, 5 minutes at the very least.

tl;dr version of the OP: I'm off my meds, the paranoid schizophrenia is really kicking in, and I have recently come to the conclusion that all the world's ills can be traced back to Goons. They barbecue unicorns and **** on rainbows.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#49 - 2012-05-07 18:27:46 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Absolutely.

Dev corpses = best corpses.
…not to mention dev wrecks with special dev equipment loot = best wrecks and loot. Blink
Serene Repose
#50 - 2012-05-07 18:35:05 UTC
Take this:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
like really that's your big evidence for massive ccp corruption, the motd in the recruitment channel was changed

I think someone didn't pass the goonwaffe recruitment requirements. Or was a spy...

With this:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Scamming is one of the methods for extracting your tears that greases the engine of the GoonSwarm Federation.

Goons don't recruit from the player base. You have to be a member of their "other" group - Something Awful, to be considered for Goon membership. To be in Something Awful you have to have a referral from a member in good standing.

IF ANY GOON INVITES YOU TO JOIN IT'S A SCAM. (Aside from the aforementioned channel.)

I think CCP technicians whose specific duties require them to be ingame should have their activities restricted so as not to be in a competitive position with their customers. They, of course (and they've shown themselves as being intellectually challenged) think they can be just like their customers and there's no conflict of interests, appearance of impropriety and other such minefields sane and rational corporations attempt to keep well in hand - even if they have to lie about it.

To associate themselves with some of the yahoos EVE fosters won't bode well should anything else arise that is a blatant violation of the laws of several countries (and states - including The Great State of Georgia) in the eyes of their Sony buddies with the Playstation nexus and the Dustbin - all a debacle waiting to happen. I follow with great interest and amusement.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-05-07 18:43:10 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:

To be in Something Awful you have to have a referral from a member in good standing.

that's wrong

.

TRUE ZER0
SILENT INC
#52 - 2012-05-07 18:54:14 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Serene Repose wrote:

To be in Something Awful you have to have a referral from a member in good standing.

that's wrong



Alll you need is $10
Zelda Wei
New Horizon Trade Exchange
#53 - 2012-05-07 18:57:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Zelda Wei
We need an internal affairs investigation into Dev Goons, some heads must roll.
Tillin Sylph
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-05-07 19:06:55 UTC
In all honesty we don't have any Dev help we're just better at Eve than all of you.

Which is odd, because we're really bad at Eve.
Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#55 - 2012-05-07 19:07:24 UTC
Zelda Wei wrote:
We need an internal affairs investigation into Dev Goons, some heads must roll.

Press the button, then. Unless you think you're wrong.

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#56 - 2012-05-07 19:08:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Serene Repose wrote:
Take this:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
like really that's your big evidence for massive ccp corruption, the motd in the recruitment channel was changed

I think someone didn't pass the goonwaffe recruitment requirements. Or was a spy...

With this:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Scamming is one of the methods for extracting your tears that greases the engine of the GoonSwarm Federation.

Goons don't recruit from the player base. You have to be a member of their "other" group - Something Awful, to be considered for Goon membership. To be in Something Awful you have to have a referral from a member in good standing.

IF ANY GOON INVITES YOU TO JOIN IT'S A SCAM. (Aside from the aforementioned channel.)

I think CCP technicians whose specific duties require them to be ingame should have their activities restricted so as not to be in a competitive position with their customers. They, of course (and they've shown themselves as being intellectually challenged) think they can be just like their customers and there's no conflict of interests, appearance of impropriety and other such minefields sane and rational corporations attempt to keep well in hand - even if they have to lie about it.

To associate themselves with some of the yahoos EVE fosters won't bode well should anything else arise that is a blatant violation of the laws of several countries (and states - including The Great State of Georgia) in the eyes of their Sony buddies with the Playstation nexus and the Dustbin - all a debacle waiting to happen. I follow with great interest and amusement.

CCP employees are not allowed to be in positions of power within any in game player organization.

What you are inferring with your comments concerning illegal activities is called "conflict of interest", which is not applicable in this situation. It is very much in CCP's interest, and the interest of the player base, for the Devs to be actively involved with their product.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

FeralShadow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-05-07 19:15:10 UTC
Anybody else find it funny that highsec supposedly has the highest number of people in the game by over 70% and yet they can't scrape enough together to fight goonswarm? I do.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Darth Gustav
Sith Interstellar Tech Harvesting
#58 - 2012-05-07 19:16:55 UTC
FeralShadow wrote:
Anybody else find it funny that highsec supposedly has the highest number of people in the game by over 70% and yet they can't scrape enough together to fight goonswarm? I do.

Shhhh! Yes they can! YES THEY CAN! ;)

(They have to go through where I live to get there so shut up already!)

He who trolls trolls best when he who is trolled trolls the troller. -Darth Gustav's Axiom

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#59 - 2012-05-07 19:19:32 UTC
Enuen Ravenseye wrote:
Atomic Virulent wrote:
rantings


Thank God - it's another "I hate Goons" thread. I haven't seen one of these in, oh, 5 minutes at the very least.

tl;dr version of the OP: I'm off my meds, the paranoid schizophrenia is really kicking in, and I have recently come to the conclusion that all the world's ills can be traced back to Goons. They barbecue unicorns and **** on rainbows.

Unicorns? Wow.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#60 - 2012-05-07 19:21:21 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Enuen Ravenseye wrote:
Atomic Virulent wrote:
rantings


Thank God - it's another "I hate Goons" thread. I haven't seen one of these in, oh, 5 minutes at the very least.

tl;dr version of the OP: I'm off my meds, the paranoid schizophrenia is really kicking in, and I have recently come to the conclusion that all the world's ills can be traced back to Goons. They barbecue unicorns and **** on rainbows.

Unicorns? Wow.


Well, Unicorns are attracted to virgins. So if anyone would have the opportunity.... Smile

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.