These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Character Editor/Clothing Updates for Inferno - Comments/Issues

First post
Author
Tobiaz
Spacerats
#41 - 2012-05-09 21:40:17 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
Can we have all the clothing unlocked for all the races now? It makes no sense and especially with the upcoming skin tone, hair color and blood line blending changes.

I definately hope not.

The racial lines already are blurring into oblivion.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#42 - 2012-05-09 23:05:55 UTC
Tobiaz wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
Can we have all the clothing unlocked for all the races now? It makes no sense and especially with the upcoming skin tone, hair color and blood line blending changes.

I definately hope not.

The racial lines already are blurring into oblivion.

Well I'm not really a fan of what they are doing with the unlocked skintone thing, but I really dont see what harm would come from unlocking all the clothing. I dont think it would compromise the integrity of bloodlines as much as the unlocked skin tones.

Plus we already have some clothing like the 'NeX' store stuff and whatever else CCP has released thats available for all the races.
Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-05-09 23:34:31 UTC
While I don't support the new skin tone system, I'm gonna have to say that I support Commissar Kate here. There's no even remotely logical reason clothes shouldn't be available to all races. If you need arbitrary and illogical racial boundaries to make your character distinctive and unique, you're doing it wrong.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Karasuma Akane
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#44 - 2012-05-10 03:02:12 UTC
Sakura Imoru wrote:
I thought you wanted to remove those clothes and not fix them so all colors show up like they should? Big smile

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6807/20120507160451.jpg

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4190/20120507160459.jpg

I want this outfit... red over black strappy skinsuit, YES. Twisted
Alice Katsuko
Perkone
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-05-10 18:58:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Katsuko
Come to think of it, has any consideration been given to allowing the sort of clothing customization found in Sims 3? In Sims 3, clothes and other items have multiple texture areas, and the player can assign different textures to each; the textures themselves have multiple channels, and each can also be assigned a different color. It would be more difficult to charge players for re-textures of the same base design, however.

Video link. Starts at 1:45. Dislike the actual video, but best I could find that has a player using the color palette.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#46 - 2012-05-11 11:04:11 UTC
I am curious as to what the timeframe is for these now-removed clothing options to appear on Tranquility, and what the pricing is going to be. They most definitely look like top-tier NeX items, I'd imagine each of the three pieces of that pop-collar skin suit would be more expensive than some silly monocle.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#47 - 2012-05-11 13:11:53 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
I am curious as to what the timeframe is for these now-removed clothing options to appear on Tranquility, and what the pricing is going to be. They most definitely look like top-tier NeX items, I'd imagine each of the three pieces of that pop-collar skin suit would be more expensive than some silly monocle.

And I expect that a silly monocle still wouldn't cost as much as a supercapital. NEx store was (is!) ludicrously overpriced.
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#48 - 2012-05-11 13:17:54 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

And I expect that a silly monocle still wouldn't cost as much as a supercapital. NEx store was (is!) ludicrously overpriced.

Then don't buy them. Problem solved.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#49 - 2012-05-12 13:22:20 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

I would like to enjoy the content they developed with my money without it costing me more than a month's subscription. Roll
Selaya Ataru
Phalanx Solutions
#50 - 2012-05-13 14:23:19 UTC
PinkKnife wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

I would like to enjoy the content they developed with my money without it costing me more than a month's subscription. Roll

The clothes were developed with my money and I want them.Roll
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#51 - 2012-05-13 15:08:54 UTC
Selaya Ataru wrote:

The clothes were developed with my money and I want them.Roll

I bet that made a lot more of sense when you were thinking it, but I don't get what you are supposed to mean with that.
Selinate
#52 - 2012-05-13 15:44:26 UTC
Where's my thousand dollar boutique pants?
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#53 - 2012-05-16 02:13:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Checked skins for existing pilots. While character editor has one extremely pale skin for Gallente - within captain quarters I couldn't notice any difference between present slightly tanned skin and that newly added vampiric tone. However it's noticeable on character thumbnail: pilot look like it's dead for few hours or has Twilight make-up. Must be glitch because skin like that should have glow-like effect.
Previous page123