These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

CCP soundwave

First post
Author
Armoured C
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-05-02 21:58:22 UTC
I think what you said in the interviews with ten ton hammer are great and don't be scared to protect the game and the economy, people may hate you but it what will be necessary

<3
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#2 - 2012-05-02 22:17:31 UTC
I disagree.

Starting a counter thread to support a potentially BAD idea on a false premise is not helping the community.


See this thread for some replies...



RP for datacores does NOT introduce ISK into the game. It is not (IMHO) a justifiable reason to nerf RP. There is not inflationary pressure cause by datacores.

RPing id not an ATM for printing ISK - period!


I spent time getting skills and reputation to RP. I would like that these skill matter equally before and after Inferno release.

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-05-02 22:22:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Sigurd Sig Hansen
AFK Hauler wrote:
I disagree.

Starting a counter thread to support a potentially BAD idea on a false premise is not helping the community.


See this thread for some replies...



RP for datacores does NOT introduce ISK into the game. It is not (IMHO) a justifiable reason to nerf RP. There is not inflationary pressure cause by datacores.

RPing id not an ATM for printing ISK - period!


I spent time getting skills and reputation to RP. I would like that these skill matter equally before and after Inferno release.



what false presises was that?

also, that linked thread reads "QQ the end is nigh QQ when is the world gonna end" not "you did a good job soundwave" sounds kinda different to me

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Arkon Olacar
black.listed
#4 - 2012-05-02 22:24:45 UTC
So we have rampant inflation, and what does he decide to do? Remove one of the major sources of minerals from the game, and replace it with another isk faucet. CCP logic derp.
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#5 - 2012-05-02 22:29:35 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:


what false premise was that?

...




The one that CCP Soundwave says that RPing is a source of ISK.

It is not. It is a source of DATACORES... doh!
Philboyd Benoit
#6 - 2012-05-02 23:42:13 UTC
I am seriously concerned about this. It's one thing to have market instability due to player actions but to have the Devs create instability by creating or changing a game mechanic? Thats unwarranted and unneeded and sets a downright dangerous precedence. The devs do NOT need to break the sandbox by creating instability. Thats the reponsibility of the players.. CCP, PLEASE don't let Soundwave break the sandbox. It's breaking the game code of non dev interference in how the game is played imho.

.

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#7 - 2012-05-03 02:19:37 UTC
So, instead of acquiring my own data-cores for invention from a butt-load of R&D agents, I now will have to buy them off the market from FW runners at what price?

Quote Mr Horse, "No Sir, don't like it one bit."

Nothing clever at this time.

Nick Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#8 - 2012-05-03 02:36:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Bison
When my RL situation changed and I could no longer spend the time I wanted to in null, I decided to stay with Eve because it's just so damn cool. So I moved to HiSec.

I am one of those "casual" players. I've got 3 accounts, 7 toons all with specific jobs.
I mine a little.
I mission run a little.
I build a little.

I saved up so I could buy the BPOs to build Orcas, invent and build Hulks and Mackinaws.
No big production line, just a few ships here and there.

Assuming this datacore change actually happens as planned, it may be time for me to move on.
Don't get me wrong, I still love the game but, my reason for playing will be effectively removed.

An yes, if it happens, I will be a "UmadBro"

UPDATE Edit: after rereading and researching a bit more. Seems the DC acquisition rate is going to be slowed about in half and not moved completely over to the FW arena. Although not optimal for my particular situation, I'll figure a way to adapt and still make some good ISK.

Nothing clever at this time.

Bane Necran
Appono Astos
#9 - 2012-05-03 02:46:54 UTC
I think the places you turn in tags for standings are named datacenters, so just google around for those.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness." ~Miyamoto Musashi

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-05-03 02:52:32 UTC
Bane Necran wrote:
I think the places you turn in tags for standings are named datacenters, so just google around for those.


Ya I found one... I just been selling the damned things.. for years

Since 2006. I never heard of that in fact lol

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Fannie Maes
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-05-03 03:56:01 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Keep your unfounded conspiracy theories off the forums please, or contact Internal Affairs if you feel the need. - Guard
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#12 - 2012-05-03 07:44:43 UTC
Philboyd Benoit wrote:
I am seriously concerned about this. It's one thing to have market instability due to player actions but to have the Devs create instability by creating or changing a game mechanic? Thats unwarranted and unneeded and sets a downright dangerous precedence. The devs do NOT need to break the sandbox by creating instability. Thats the reponsibility of the players.. CCP, PLEASE don't let Soundwave break the sandbox. It's breaking the game code of non dev interference in how the game is played imho.



Actually, in a closed economy like New Eden, it is necessary.

All the "instability" created by players is only very short-term, and will inevitable play to the pockets of those already extremely wealthy. Speculation and manipulation is not real instability.

RL world economy consists of semi-autonomic, separate units that form a dynamic, unpredictable system. New Eden is like one country with endless supply of all resources and air-tight borders. CCP's role is to be both the government, national bank and external world, that can stop this strange economy from crashing completely, and also insert changes that result in dynamic changes.

As a player, I find a dynamic world much more interesting, and would like New Eden, it's Empires and powers to change way more with times. Economic booms and recessions shake up things. This is why I like CCP Soundwave, he understands the need to shake up things.

.

Corbin Blair
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-05-03 07:59:55 UTC
AFK Hauler wrote:
I disagree.

Starting a counter thread to support a potentially BAD idea on a false premise is not helping the community.


See this thread for some replies...



RP for datacores does NOT introduce ISK into the game. It is not (IMHO) a justifiable reason to nerf RP. There is not inflationary pressure cause by datacores.

RPing id not an ATM for printing ISK - period!


I spent time getting skills and reputation to RP. I would like that these skill matter equally before and after Inferno release.


You should have an equal reward to FW people who are actually playing the game? Hah!
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#14 - 2012-05-03 14:04:08 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
I like how when a Dev does something people don't like, they automatically assume it's because that Dev is a Goon.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Hamon Karn
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-05-03 15:57:13 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Guard
Please keep long winded and unsupported conspiracy theories off the forums. Contact Internal Affairs if you feel the need. -Guard
Knug LiDi
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#16 - 2012-05-03 16:19:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Knug LiDi
Damn and Damn.

I have to agree with Tippa.

Removal (or reduction) of the automatic accumulation of datacores is a good thing.

While having a form of passive income is good individually, it sucks from the game's perspective. We'd all love to see our wallets ping daily with millions of ISK, just for logging on. Just because we'd like that, doesn't mean it should be that way.

The argument that the time grinding standings so as to get the datacores really cheap, well done. I'm sure it repaid the effort. Of course, as indicated by Soundwave, it will continue. just at a slower rate, and at a higher cost.

Does it mean that stuff will cost more? Yup. Does it mean that folks who did invest the time and effort to be at the position to be given datacores will continue to gain some benefit for their work? Yup. Does it mean that putting time into an automatic bacon machine will give them less bacon now? Yup.

Does it mean that old players who had a benefit, largely the result of being old, will have their free ride reduced? Yup.

And on a personal note, does that mean the time I spent toward this goal was wasted? Generally. But I'm ok with that.

Sort of like the effort and training I put in to fly Gallente ships, only to find out that they really do suck.

If only we could fall into a woman's arms

without falling into her hands

Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2012-05-03 16:42:33 UTC
I can't believe I'm answering this post but it's a cry for help.

Hamon Karn wrote:
Long Fing post apologies in advance Sad

Really even if sound wave wasn't a goon this still goes back to the whole greed is good thing. They want to kill off in game passive income that way people cant afford plex and are forced to buy a subscription.


It's called editing, please consider it in the future.

Yes, they want people to play the game rather than passively make money. You do some market trading, you do some missions, you do some high sec incursions, you do some PI across you and your two alts, I'm not seeing the problem.

Quote:
Also when you cant make isk in ways that also dont end up with you getting killed in the process, I.E. when you take the risk and you loose, your forced to buy a plex because you cant make any goddamn money. Soundwave also said in that interview he wants to raise npc taxes in empire, so theres cuts in bounties, more cuts from taxes.

Lets not forget this **** is a chicken and egg scenario:

1. Eve is a capitalist economy.

2. In a capitalist economy you need money to make money.

3. If you are a new player you start in empire with no money.


This paragraph makes no sense to me. Like the words don't fit together. And why do you need isk if you're not losing ships?

Or you can buy a plex and get more in game money than you can even use as a newbie. Otherwise, you do the slow frigate -> cruiser -> battlecruiser -> battleship that most newbies do to grind for the first couple months. Or join a good organization that gets you off the ground in a hurry.

Six years ago, I spent a solid month earning a cruiser. And then I lost it to a dirty dirty pilot in low sec. Eve is rough. Harden the F up.

Quote:
If you cant make money in empire you cant afford the things you need to make the money in the first place.
That means you make eve into a tedious grind for any one who doesn't want to pay cash(and some would still say it is even if your new and you have subbed as money making opportunities in empire get rolled back). Thats not balanced. I've played free to play games like WoT, Tribes Ascend, and League of legends, haven't payed a single cent and still got a fantastic experience out of them. Soundwave is talking about giving everything to the people in game who are already established and forcing any one thats new to either Pay up or hate the game. So much for there marketing guys spiel on the positive influence of F2P games. Apparently sound wave wasn't ******* paying attention to that presentation he was to busy squeaking his Fat Bee plushy(Which are freaking adorable by the way).

Im sorry, not every player wants to have to first join reddit or something awful in order to get ahead in this game(I cant deny that if you get into goons or test you will have a fun time). Some people just want to be able to log into eve and know they have a fair shot at making their way in new eden their way, not some one else's. Thats kind of the premise of the sand box. It is currently no longer like this, and on Soundwaves current course for game development it will move even further from this.



Here's an idea: Don't live in empire. It's like hanging out in the newbie zones. Come have fun in low sec, null sec or wormholes. And if you are playing a game just to make isk, you're missing the point of the game. I realize you're mad at Goons, for some reason, but you're mixing up Free to play concepts and what eve is currently. Eve rewards people who spend time training skills, as they can fly better ships, etc. It doesn't give them isk, but it does give them more opportunities to make isk.

More importantly, these people also have friends, and eve is best played in a group. If you play this game solo, then you might be doing it wrong.

And if you have no friends, join Eve University or one of the multiple other corps that do recruiting.

Quote:
CCP the CFC has hi jacked your development goals away from you. Make a change, or improvements like the CSM are meaningless. Right now the Mittani is exerting more pressure on you then the CSM.

Eve must be fair for goons. But what is good for Goons has to be good for the rest of us first.
Soundwaves current direction for game development is not.


We only hijacked it a little bit. We did not care for virtual pants that cost more than real pants.

And who said Eve must be fair at all? If Eve were 'fair for goons', we would have all had insurance on all the suicide ganking we would have had in Jita this weekend.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, the whole goon sense of entitlement to deem what is expectable or un expectable play style is ******* bull **** . I couldn't care less what you have done for or in this game, as long as it costs the same amount for us all to play this game its one player one vote. I dont care how many times you have to defend your moons, I dont care how many times you have had destroy BoB's re spawns. That was your choice. If the only way I can keep my accounts afloat is by going to nullsec that means theres only one style of play that is being unfairly supported. If you want to gank me in Highsec fantastic by all means you should I dont want an end to that. But If I live in empire that shouldn't mean I would no longer have the means to replace my ship. Thats where **** is headed folks. The only good isk will be in null sec and who calls the shots in null sec these days? The CFC. Ring mining wont solve the tec bottleneck if goons can interdict it the same way they do ice mining.


It's not an entitlement. It's a sense of 'I don't want to play a crappy game'. At this point, it sounds like a rant because you're bitter about getting killed. So find some friends, join up, fight against us. Go invade some space. Move into a wormhole. Eve is open to everyone. Do something, not just whine.

Welp. That's 6000 characters. Congrats!
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2012-05-03 16:53:15 UTC
Hamon Karn wrote:
Really even if sound wave wasn't a goon this still goes back to the whole greed is good thing. They want to kill off in game passive income that way people cant afford plex and are forced to buy a subscription.

every single active subscription makes ccp $15 per month
even if it's paid in plex
plex is simply a way for you to make someone else pay for your subscription

i hope alerting you to this monumentally stupid error you made that destroys your entire dumb argument will enlighten you and you will refrain from squatting out posts like this in the future

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Harland White
Adventurer's Guild
#19 - 2012-05-03 22:11:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Harland White
Philboyd Benoit wrote:
I am seriously concerned about this. It's one thing to have market instability due to player actions but to have the Devs create instability by creating or changing a game mechanic? Thats unwarranted and unneeded and sets a downright dangerous precedence. The devs do NOT need to break the sandbox by creating instability. Thats the reponsibility of the players.. CCP, PLEASE don't let Soundwave break the sandbox. It's breaking the game code of non dev interference in how the game is played imho.


This.

Seems like CCP is once again scoping to **** up the core of what EVE is supposed to be, a sandbox. Turning high-sec into a T1, low-income starting zone and turning low/null sec into "endgame zones" is not EVE, it's World of Warcraft. Leave the market alone and let the players sort out what they want sorted out. If the market becomes screwed up enough, the players will resort to doing something to fix it. It's the flow of things in this game...that's how it works.

Please don't turn this game into WoW.

By their fruit you will recognize them.

Brooks Puuntai
Solar Nexus.
#20 - 2012-05-06 09:53:34 UTC
So people actually think that datacore farming isn't passive now? Do you have to actively do missions for every datacore? Do you have to go kill a rat for every data core? Do you even need to log in for each data core? No you don't, the fact that you just need to go to the RP agent once in a blue moon and cash out means it is a passive income, at least as passive as you're going to get in Eve.

However I do disagree with the idea of moving datacores to FW. Unless of coarse they only move the racial ones then I can understand. The problem with FW isn't its profitability, and until CCP realizes this the sooner they can fix it.

CCP's Motto: If it isn't broken, break it. If it is broken, ignore it. Improving NPE / Dynamic New Eden

12Next page