These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

FACTION STANDING REPAIR PLAN ('The Plan')

First post First post
Author
Barrak
The Painted Ones
#21 - 2011-10-31 20:50:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrak
Having problems with 'snatching the sharman', which is the storyline mission in the 5 part mission.

WHen trying to capture hte other chap, he does not appear in his cargo when you blow him up!!!

Any ideas anyone?

Regards

Barrak

*EDIT*

Run this mission 6 times now and its still not working.

x12

I've read that the mission can be declined, but i have already accepted it. So I really dont want to fail it.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2011-11-01 11:38:33 UTC
Ahhh, I always liked that mission series. Took me a long time to find the key.

For Snatching the Shaman, destroy the Blasted Neon Sign to get Logut's key from a cargo container, then use the acceleration gate. Find Dari Akell and collect her from the wreckage. Use the acceleration gate to warp back, and speak with Logut's Abode to exchange Dari Akell for Logut Akell.
Deliver Logut to Pinala Adala.

Someone had posted a little trick concerning that mission series. http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1263174&page=9#265

Since you've already accepted the mission, I guess the trick won't help.

If Dari Akell isn't in the wreckage or container, might have to file a petition in-game, F12 key (Eve Help), character stuck - mission in progress.

Hope this helps,

DMC

Cool
Barrak
The Painted Ones
#23 - 2011-11-01 22:24:35 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Ahhh, I always liked that mission series. Took me a long time to find the key.

For Snatching the Shaman, destroy the Blasted Neon Sign to get Logut's key from a cargo container, then use the acceleration gate. Find Dari Akell and collect her from the wreckage. Use the acceleration gate to warp back, and speak with Logut's Abode to exchange Dari Akell for Logut Akell.
Deliver Logut to Pinala Adala.

Someone had posted a little trick concerning that mission series. http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1263174&page=9#265

Since you've already accepted the mission, I guess the trick won't help.

If Dari Akell isn't in the wreckage or container, might have to file a petition in-game, F12 key (Eve Help), character stuck - mission in progress.

Hope this helps,

DMC

Cool

Doh......... for some reason I had turned my 'wrecks' off. God knows anyone following me into this misson over the last few days would have seen tons and tons of corpses :(
Kikusama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2011-11-02 01:54:28 UTC
Great guide, thank you!

Now there's a problem I'm having with Scribd on the Caldari Cosmos Guide, it won't load the third page no matter what PC/browser/whatever I use. It's frustrating, is that the only place the file is hosted? It's about this link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/16401872/Cosmos-Missions-101

It's not new (the problem), happened before, thought it was my PC, it's not (it would seem).

Can anyone upload that file someplace else? Thank you.

Guns make the news. Science doesn't.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2011-11-02 07:27:51 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Kikusama, you're welcome.

Hope 'The Plan' is helping.

That Caldari Cosmos guide works on my internet browser - Firefox.

There's another Cosmos guide I usually check which is http://www.hb3.info/cosmos/ It needs to be translated but it covers most of the agents for all 4 major Factions.

DMC

Cool
Kikusama
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2011-11-02 09:50:16 UTC
Using Firefox as well. Tested on Chrome and it seems to work now, although yesterday it didn't work in any of the browsers I tested oO

Guns make the news. Science doesn't.

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2011-11-02 16:18:13 UTC
Must have been a glitch or just a bad day for browsers.

Blink

At least it's working now.

Anyway, good luck to you.

DMC

Cool
Shik Koken
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#28 - 2011-11-27 02:49:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Shik Koken
Here's a twist to the Faction Standing Plan.

I'm brand new to Eve Online (all standings are currently either neutral or good) and want to keep all four major factions positive... way positive. Planning ahead, I'm thinking of getting all four above 6.0 which is required for level 4 missions. The goal is that no matter where my Eve career takes me in Empire space, I can quickly run a mission or two.

Questions are:

Is it possible to get all our major standings above 6.0? Assume that I'll never accept a mission against another major faction.

If yes, what parts of the plan should I complete to accomplish this goal?

Thanks!

Edit:
Several months ago, DeMichael Crimson posted his standings after many months of work. None are above 6.0 which is a discouraging sign Sad

DeMichael Crimson from June 2011:

Empire Faction Standings: Modified (Base)
Caldari State +5.50 (+4.37)
Minmatar Republic +5.25 (+4.06)
Amarr Empire +5.17 (+3.96)
Khanid Kingdom +5.17 (+3.96)
Gallente Federation +5.14 (+3.92)
The Interbus +5.03 (+3.78)
Ammatar Mandate +4.82 (+3.52)
Concord Assembly +2.56 (+0.70)
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2011-11-27 05:03:20 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Shik Koken wrote:
Here's a twist to the Faction Standing Plan.

I'm brand new to Eve Online (all standings are currently either neutral or good) and want to keep all four major factions positive... way positive. Planning ahead, I'm thinking of getting all four above 6.0 which is required for level 4 missions. The goal is that no matter where my Eve career takes me in Empire space, I can quickly run a mission or two.

Questions are:

Is it possible to get all our major standings above 6.0? Assume that I'll never accept a mission against another major faction.

If yes, what parts of the plan should I complete to accomplish this goal?

Thanks!

Edit:
Several months ago, DeMichael Crimson posted his standings after many months of work. None are above 6.0 which is a discouraging sign Sad

DeMichael Crimson from June 2011:

Empire Faction Standings: Modified (Base)
Caldari State +5.50 (+4.37)
Minmatar Republic +5.25 (+4.06)
Amarr Empire +5.17 (+3.96)
Khanid Kingdom +5.17 (+3.96)
Gallente Federation +5.14 (+3.92)
The Interbus +5.03 (+3.78)
Ammatar Mandate +4.82 (+3.52)
Concord Assembly +2.56 (+0.70)

Well, I haven't really been working 'The Plan' very much since then, due to waiting for CCP to fix various bugs associated with Cosmos agents. I'm currently working the epic arcs which I hope will unlock the lv 4 cosmos agents.

If you want to get all Empire Factions to have a high positive standing, I would say work all agents listed in 'The Plan'. However, quite a bit of standing can be gained just by completing the Epic Arcs every 3 months. Since you're new, I don't think you have the required skill lv or standing to work the lv 4 epic arcs.

My current stats:

Empire Faction Standings - Modified and (Base):
Amarr Empire +5.56 (+4.45),
Minmatar Republic +5.33 (+4.16),
Gallente Federation +5.28 (+4.11),
Caldari State +5.27 (+4.08),
The Interbus +5.04 (+3.80),
Ammatar Mandate +4.81 (+3.51),
Khanid Kingdom +4.59 (+3.24),
Concord Assembly +2.56 (+0.70),

Social Skills:
Social lv 5
Connections lv 5
Fast Talk lv 5
Diplomacy lv 5
Negotiation lv 5

Data Center Tags Completed:
Minmatar = Angel Crystal and lower - need Gold
Gallente = Serpentis Diamond and lower - need Brass and Gold
Caldari = Guristas Crystal and lower - need Brass
Amarr = Blood Crystal and lower - need Gold
Ammatar = Sansha Crystal and lower

Epic Arcs Completed:
Level 1 Sisters Of Eve = 5x (1x Minmatar, 2x Amarr, 2x Gallente)
Level 4 Amarr = Started (Currently working)
Level 4 Caldari = Started
Level 4 Gallente = Started
Level 4 Minmatar = Started

Tutorial, Career, Circle Agents Completed:
All Empire Factions

Cosmos Agents Completed:
All Empire Factions = level 3 and lower

Special Agents Completed (Security Status):
Christer Fuglesang = Concord
Jeremy Tacs = Concord

Security Status:
+5.85

I'll update my stats again after I complete the Epic Arcs.

DMC

Cool
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2011-11-27 05:16:25 UTC  |  Edited by: sabre906
Here's mine as of now:

The Servant Sisters of Eve 8.85 (8.56)
Caldari State 7.76 (6.94)
The Interbus 6.26 (5.33)
Mordu's Legion Command 6.04 (5.05)
Gallante Federation 6.00 (5.00)
Amar Empire 5.78 (4.73)
The Society 5.63 (4.54)
Minmatar Republic 5.44 (4.30)
Khanid Kingdom 5.16 (3.95)
Ammartar Mandate 4.69 (3.66)
Jove Empire 3.98 (2.48)
ORE 2.84 (1.05)
Concord Assembly 2.35 (0.44)

Ammartar is a bit low, but it's easy to get above 5 on all empire factions. 6 is possible when you throw in epic arcs. I used to have 6+ on 4 major factions, but I declined some missions, did a few storylines that has pricey mindlink implants as reward, and it dropped some.

I run grind standings for ppl, so +5 faction standings come in handy.P
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=19454
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2011-11-27 05:46:10 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
sabre906, thanks for posting.

Yeah, I only listed the Factions that control Empire space (High Sec).

sabre906 wrote:
Here's mine as of now:

The Servant Sisters of Eve 8.85 (8.56)
Caldari State 7.76 (6.94)
The Interbus 6.26 (5.33)
Mordu's Legion Command 6.04 (5.05)
Gallante Federation 6.00 (5.00)
Amar Empire 5.78 (4.73)
The Society 5.63 (4.54)
Minmatar Republic 5.44 (4.30)
Khanid Kingdom 5.16 (3.95)
Ammartar Mandate 4.69 (3.66)
Jove Empire 3.98 (2.48)
ORE 2.84 (1.05)
Concord Assembly 2.35 (0.44)

Ammartar is a bit low, but it's easy to get above 5 on all empire factions. 6 is possible when you throw in epic arcs. I used to have 6+ on 4 major factions, but I declined some missions, did a few storylines that has pricey mindlink implants as reward, and it dropped some.

I run grind standings for ppl, so +5 faction standings come in handy.P
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=19454

Big smile

Now you wouldn't be trying to hijack 'The Plan' thread with a shameless plug for you business, huh?
Bruenor Danovan
Xabregas Biochemicals S.A.
#32 - 2011-12-06 18:01:39 UTC
I think it's about time I thanked you for this thread both on the old forum and this new one since I've used it a couple of times and have recommended it to other players more times than I can think of. Congratulations on the wiki entry too :)
Thanks to your work I managed to juggle empire faction standings to a positive status and pretty soon I'll be able to anchor high sec stuff in one of them without any worries of being shot at by any faction navy while traveling around New Eden, great stuff!
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2011-12-07 01:13:55 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Bruenor Danovan,

Thank you very much for posting..

It's always great to hear how 'The Plan' is helping players. It's even better to hear about 'The Plan' being referred to other players when needed.

Hope you have continued success.

DMC

Cool
Romeo Deluxe
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#34 - 2011-12-19 08:49:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Romeo Deluxe
How does Ammatar Mandate get raised by the Plan? Only derived from Amarr, so it's super slow, unless you do just regular missions for Ammatar NPC Corps?

UPDATE: nvm, found this post
http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1460292
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2011-12-19 10:54:39 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Romeo Deluxe, thanks for posting. Yeah, that thread may be old but the info is still good.

Good job at finding an answer to your question, "How does 'The Plan' help raise Ammatar Mandate Faction standing".

First off, training up the Social skills will help a lot. Diplomacy skill to raise current negative Faction standing and Connections skill to raise current positive Faction standings. Also don't forget Social skill and Negotiation skill to help gain max rewards/standings for future interaction with agents.

As was posted in that thread, the Data Center located in the Ferira System has Ammatar Mandate agents that collect Sansha Tags. Those are the only Event Agents that give large Ammatar Mandate Faction standing increase.

The next quickest way to gain Ammatar Mandate Faction standing is from derived standings for completing Amarr and Caldari Event Agent missions.

After that, it's Storyline missions gained from completing 16 regular missions.

Anyway, good luck to you.

DMC

Cool
Jyla Kenij
Doomheim
#36 - 2011-12-20 00:05:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jyla Kenij
It appears the amarr "circle," agents are broken. I ran the caldari and amarr circuit today and only the caldari one eventually put out a faction mission. Odd and annoying, but perhaps I just don't know how they work.

And just to save myself a followup post later on: I've got plus 1.0 or 2.0 standing with each empire (connections/diplomacy/social at V) and I have been wondering which part of the plan is a more efficient starting point? I just cannot stand the career agent tutorial missions, have tried the "circle," agents (as above, don't appear to be working in some places), but haven't looking into the data centers yet.

Ideally I just need +3 across the board to start grinding out combat missions.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2011-12-20 02:32:57 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Jyla Kenij, thanks for posting and sorry to hear about your little problem.

The group of Circle Agents only give 1 mission for Faction standing increase. If you've never completed those missions before, then a small Faction standing increase should be listed in the character sheet - standings section - 'Liked By' tab - 'show transactions' option by r-clicking on the specific Faction.

Not being granted the Faction standing increase due for mission completion is a problem associated with various Event Agents. It's always a good idea to file a petition in-game if the standing increase isn't automatically added.

As for the Career Agent missions, they can be completed easily even though it may take a bit of time. There's 15 Career Agents per Faction and bypassing them results in missing out on a sizable amount of standing increase.

The fastest way per 'The Plan' for gaining Faction standing increase would be with the Data Center Agents. The 'Cert' missions give a good jump start and the 'Tag' missions give a large standing increase. However, the 'Tag' missions will cost you ISK if you don't already have the required tags.

'The Plan' itself contains links to all Event Agents that give Faction standing increase. It's not intended to be an actual guide per say, it's just a 'Plan' which can be adapted and changed to suit each individual player's needs and objectives.

Anyway, I hope this answers your questions. Good luck to you.

DMC

Cool
Chung Ju-yung
Doomheim
#38 - 2011-12-20 18:20:17 UTC
Jyla Kenij wrote:
It appears the amarr "circle," agents are broken. I ran the caldari and amarr circuit today and only the caldari one eventually put out a faction mission. Odd and annoying, but perhaps I just don't know how they work.

I did them on my alt this morning and received faction rep as usual from all four circles. So definitely petition if you missed out.

Jyla Kenij wrote:

And just to save myself a followup post later on: I've got plus 1.0 or 2.0 standing with each empire (connections/diplomacy/social at V) and I have been wondering which part of the plan is a more efficient starting point? I just cannot stand the career agent tutorial missions, have tried the "circle," agents (as above, don't appear to be working in some places), but haven't looking into the data centers yet.

Ideally I just need +3 across the board to start grinding out combat missions.

Sounds like you're high enough for L2 missions, which are pretty bad, but not awful. Grab a comfortable cruiser and go run them over a while with your least-favorite faction. The gain from that point up to L3's isn't bad and once you're there it feels like less of a fish-in-barrel job. P
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2011-12-21 01:28:47 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Chung Ju-yung wrote:
Jyla Kenij wrote:

I did them on my alt this morning and received faction rep as usual from all four circles. So definitely petition if you missed out.

Chung Ju-yung, thanks for posting that info.

It's always good to have confirmation that the Event Agents are still working. If you're working 'The Plan', good luck to you.

DMC

Cool
Stabmeldys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2011-12-22 10:03:44 UTC
Thanks for the awesome job done. It works and I am working on it.
To get fair good result it's quite mind numbing mission runs, but PvE wise it gives almost ALL possible options to choose from.
Great guide and great support.

+1

Cheers DMC