These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

For those whining about high sec pvp

Author
Lexmana
#21 - 2012-03-23 11:26:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Lexmana
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Lexmana wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

It is not a matter of view. It is a fact. If you think it is a bug that you can fire guns at other players ship in highsec go ahead and bug report it.



its not quite the same, what people 'think' and can do is it.

Also i am a vet pvp, and i find people who pvp in highsec are just as bad and lame as people who just constantly mine in highsec...


A lot of people can't 'think' properly but fact is fact.
And I find it lame complaining about PvP on the forums of a PvP game.
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#22 - 2012-03-23 11:27:51 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Also i am a vet pvp, and i find people who pvp in highsec are just as bad and lame as people who just constantly mine in highsec...

So I looked up this "a vet pvp" up on Battleclinic, and...

Unable to locate any matches for your search terms.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#23 - 2012-03-23 11:31:38 UTC
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2012-03-23 11:36:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space?
CCP. They say it's everywhere. So no, it's not my view — it's just how the game works (and some people being blind to it).

Quote:
So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?
“Security sec“? Redundant name is redundant (and incorrect). It's called high sec because the security is higher there than in lowsec and nullsec.

Quote:
See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.
No. It's the game's view. Anyone who disagrees with it is just plain old wrong.

Quote:
its not going to be a pvp region of space now - is it - kinda now nullifies your statement...
It's still going to be a PvP region. So no, it still just makes your request nonsensical.
Lt Angus
Goat Herders
#25 - 2012-03-23 11:47:12 UTC
High sec has been the best pvp area for ages, no caps and you can use small ships on gates Cool
Adunh Slavy
#26 - 2012-03-23 12:06:18 UTC
Gankbear tears, best tears

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-03-23 12:57:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr R4nd0m
Tippia wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space?
CCP. They say it's everywhere. So no, it's not my view — it's just how the game works (and some people being blind to it).

Quote:
So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?
“Security sec“? Redundant name is redundant (and incorrect). It's called high sec because the security is higher there than in lowsec and nullsec.

Quote:
See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.
No. It's the game's view. Anyone who disagrees with it is just plain old wrong.

Quote:
its not going to be a pvp region of space now - is it - kinda now nullifies your statement...
It's still going to be a PvP region. So no, it still just makes your request nonsensical.



Here you go again, telling it from your point of view

Firstly show me any statement from CCP that states eve is purely a PVP Game...
To you it maybe a PVP game, but to others it may not be.
There are many professions in eve, miner, pvper, manf etc.
So say there is a builder and never pvp'd they wouldnt see the game as a pure pvp game at all, yes it as 'elements' of pvp but to them its more about building ships/mods etc.
Same goes for mining, yes there are 'elements' of pvp that could potentially effect their game, but to them personally its a game that allows them to do industry stuff. So they could say well i live in highsec, where I can mine etc, so to me its mining game.

See the problem with you Tippia is that you have no common sense, always take and discuss things literally.

High Sec, Security Sec whatever its all the same, you knew what I meant. My point being, define secure? How is it really more secure? In the context of eve its just as secure as nullsec. Being that really anyone can kill you at anytime. Ok there might be some consequences from police, but you get that in low sec as well, and the possibliity of being blobbed in nullsec (which is pretty much self policing, a bit like somalia shall we say!)

For the player there really is no 'security' so whats the purpose of defining it? Only purpose is gameplay immersion, it serves no real purpose to the actual player. If you want to gank someone at anytime you can. Even sometimes get away as well.

So try get out of the tunnel vision and stop imposing 'your' game and your view on the game on everyone else.
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#28 - 2012-03-23 13:15:34 UTC
Sure highsec ganking freighters with alpha-volleying tornados or untanked hulks with destroyers is PvP? Roll

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
R I O T
#29 - 2012-03-23 13:21:26 UTC
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
Sure highsec ganking freighters with alpha-volleying tornados or untanked hulks with destroyers is PvP? Roll

Yes. When a player is killing another player, it's considered pvp. I think the term you were looking for was "fair, honorable fight."

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

TuonelanOrja
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-03-23 13:23:40 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Lexmana wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

It is not a matter of view. It is a fact. If you think it is a bug that you can fire guns at other players ship in highsec go ahead and bug report it.



its not quite the same, what people 'think' and can do is it.

Also i am a vet pvp, and i find people who pvp in highsec are just as bad and lame as people who just constantly mine in highsec...


Lol, another leet gate camper ..

Not a veteran, just bitter..

TuonelanOrja
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-03-23 13:26:41 UTC
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
Sure highsec ganking freighters with alpha-volleying tornados or untanked hulks with destroyers is PvP? Roll

People like you keeps me ganking..

Not a veteran, just bitter..

Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#32 - 2012-03-23 13:39:53 UTC
Highsec carebears don't seem to see that they are affecting the gameplay of everyone in the galaxy of eve. All the isks, minerals and production done in highsec can be used everywhere else. Then, what someone affected by the highsec activities can do to fight that ? And why destroying the source of your problem could not be a solution in a sandbox game of space warships ?

Highsec carebears can fight against the griefers. Learn to fight back, be creative, hire some mercenaries, regroup, adapt.
What can do anyone against the flow of isks, minerals and products highsec bears provide to the galaxy ? How can they adapt to that ? Why couldn't we shoot at something threatening us ?
EVE is a sandbox. There is plenty of other games where you can do whatever you want safely.
adam smash
Department of Gub'nent Welfare
Harkonnen Federation
#33 - 2012-03-23 14:04:30 UTC
Because the noob who quits after being killed is really gona stay around and listen to FC's bitching and yelling... go into blobs with no hope of living after being locked up....
etc etc..

If ccp wants to keep players they need to make the game more fun... aka... easier to make isk and pvp... right now pvp is nothing but a drain and the isk making is... incrusions... ratting...

wow...

They might a well just not make players lockable in HS... this will be less code fail (so less bugs) and be what ccp seems to want.

Super safe HS and null...

they also might as well remove low as... wtf is the point anymore when everything is just a super carrier hot drop with fighter bombers...
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#34 - 2012-03-23 14:06:33 UTC
TuonelanOrja wrote:
Deviana Sevidon wrote:
Sure highsec ganking freighters with alpha-volleying tornados or untanked hulks with destroyers is PvP? Roll

People like you keeps me ganking..


Actually I was pointing out the fact that what you do requires only very basic understanding of game mechanics and even less skill, just a big mouth. Lol

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Terazul
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2012-03-23 14:09:09 UTC
Y'know, I would happily run missions in low-sec if:

A. the rewards were worth it,
B. I could do so in a fit that's good for PvP, and
C. the NPCs aggress my aggressors in addition to myself. Spread the wealth!

But as it is? Just moving level 3s and 4s to low-sec would be stupid, as nobody would run them anyway because those missions require fits completely divorced from PvP. Fix that first, then we'll talk about moving them out.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#36 - 2012-03-23 14:26:21 UTC
Oh look, another person who talks about Eve as a sandbox game and then puts forth a linear path that we should all follow.

Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Here you go again, telling it from your point of view

Firstly show me any statement from CCP that states eve is purely a PVP Game...







Note the word that I put in bold, italics, and underlined. It offers some protection. It doesn't offer total protection. High sec has never meant safe sec, merely safer than the alternative.


Mr R4nd0m wrote:
For the player there really is no 'security' so whats the purpose of defining it? Only purpose is gameplay immersion, it serves no real purpose to the actual player. If you want to gank someone at anytime you can. Even sometimes get away as well.


This is exactly what we are trying to say. No one should be completely immune here. You remove pvp from high sec and people can simply go there and use it as a shield when you dec them in low/null sec.

Just as many of you Low/null sec personalities tell us that we don't know what goes on in your region of space, it is quite obvious that you truly do not understand what goes on in ours. You always claim that we only go after weak targets who can't fight back, and yet I am in a war right now where I am outnumbered 3-1 and they are not laying down to die, and many of the pilots know what they are doing. There are many wars like this everyday in high sec, and much of this noob ganking mentality that you and others speak of is mostly your projections of us.

As stated by another player in this thread, some of us prefer having a restriction on ship size. Some of us don't care about getting into carriers, dreadnaughts, or titans. Some of us enjoy the small scale quick battles. Some of us enjoy going after other small groups without having everybody and their brother try to jump in for a piece of the kill. To some of us this is our little corner of the sandbox.

Personally I enjoy my corp. I have no restrictions on what I can do or how I do it. My ceo has no real desire to be a boss. If I wish to wander around and get blown up then that is on me. Our corp is not looking for notoriety or fame or epeen, we're just out to have fun and get into a few fights. And I have been getting quite a bit of intel about one of the largest alliances from a friend. He tells me how they tell him to fly x ship build or they wont cover a loss or even help him if he gets into a fight. He tells me how he got a join a large fleet battle only to be put on a gate in a tackle ship while others got to do the enjoyable bits. He tells me how he practically can't even fart without asking permission from his 'superior' first. To me that doesn't sound like fun, but it is to you and that is your sandbox.

Should they ever truly remove pvp from my space I would simply quit. It's not because I am afraid of low or null as I have been out there quite often to chase down WT's who think they can hide from us out there, but because I simply do not enjoy the over all gameplay out there. It simply is not my cup of tea.



Mr R4nd0m wrote:
So try get out of the tunnel vision and stop imposing 'your' game and your view on the game on everyone else.


It's funny that you say this, especially after saying this:


Mr R4nd0m wrote:
- Cut the number of high sec systems in half - possibly change to more low sec systems
- Cut down the number of resources and isk making available
- Missions only to level 1 and 2
- Minerals on the very basic minerals can be mined
- The cost of those very basic minerals to be lowered
- Have less market hubs, thus creating more competition, and less profit


Pot, meet Kettle.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2012-03-23 14:37:52 UTC
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


Oh my dear, sweet Tippia,

You're so wrong in so many ways here. Camping noob systems to take advantage of noobs who lack the knowledge, the equipment and the relationships in Eve is the equivalent of spawn camping the enemy's spawn point. Granted, moderns game have pretty much randomized spawn points but, in the old days everyone spawned from the same spot. If one could get into the spawn room, the massacre that followed was epic. Noone had any armor or weaponry with which to fight back. A pack of spawn campers could ruin a server and you'd actually watch the number of players plummet, all on the camped team's side. Camping noob systems is the same.

While Eve is a harsh place, camping the noobs is counter productive for both CCP & the players and should not be tolerated. Noobs will eventually make their way to low-sec, null-sec and w-space. They will learn the harsh realities there.

Don't ban me, bro!

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-03-27 01:50:33 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Korg Leaf wrote:
This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sandbox though. Why would a bear that is safe in highest ever leave highsec?



Its affecting your sandbox, just like you are affecting someone elses - hence thats why its a sandbox. You are happy to stop someone elses gameplay, but not happy that it stops yours

Well as i said its different story but you need to restrict the bearing

High sec should be almost like training grounds and really should be restricted

- Cut the number of high sec systems in half - possibly change to more low sec systems
- Cut down the number of resources and isk making available
- Missions only to level 1 and 2
- Minerals on the very basic minerals can be mined
- The cost of those very basic minerals to be lowered
- Have less market hubs, thus creating more competition, and less profit

Stuff like this, high sec should be very very basic, if you want to progress in the game you need to 'move on' to get the better stuff, low sec/null sec will be the natural progression...


So your solution to keeping EVE a sandbox is to take the sand away?
Previous page12