These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

For those whining about high sec pvp

Author
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-03-23 10:30:28 UTC
Seriously grow some balls, get out and do some proper pvp in either low sec and null sec, instead of whining that your lame ass cant kill noobs anymore in high sec.

You have to also understand CCP needs to retain new players, you guys running around ganking noobs just makes them leave, hence no player retention..

You have the whole of low sec and null sec to pvping in.. obviously you not good enough to go there..

I agree they have to be 'made' to move on and progress after a while but thats a different story... But jeez learn to pvp proper...

Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-03-23 10:31:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Terminal Insanity
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Seriously grow some balls, get out and do some proper pvp in either low sec and null sec, instead of whining that your lame ass cant kill noobs anymore in high sec.

You have to also understand CCP needs to retain new players, you guys running around ganking noobs just makes them leave, hence no player retention..

You have the whole of low sec and null sec to pvping in.. obviously you not good enough to go there..

I agree they have to be 'made' to move on and progress after a while but thats a different story... But jeez learn to pvp proper...


no u

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Aethlyn
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-03-23 10:32:21 UTC
Sorry, but did I miss something causing all the outcries? Only saw part of the crime stuff (reiterating security standing hits and stuff) yesterday, but didn't sound that bad?

Looking for more thoughts? Follow me on Twitter.

Korg Leaf
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-03-23 10:32:52 UTC
This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sandbox though. Why would a bear that is safe in highest ever leave highsec?
Shag Sheep
#5 - 2012-03-23 10:35:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Shag Sheep
...
gfldex
#6 - 2012-03-23 10:37:41 UTC
Aethlyn wrote:
Sorry, but did I miss something causing all the outcries? Only saw part of the crime stuff (reiterating security standing hits and stuff) yesterday, but didn't sound that bad?


You may have missed that PvP decreased quite a bit when Incursions where released.

If you take all the sand out of the box, only the cat poo will remain.

Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-03-23 10:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr R4nd0m
Korg Leaf wrote:
This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sandbox though. Why would a bear that is safe in highest ever leave highsec?



Its affecting your sandbox, just like you are affecting someone elses - hence thats why its a sandbox. You are happy to stop someone elses gameplay, but not happy that it stops yours

Well as i said its different story but you need to restrict the bearing

High sec should be almost like training grounds and really should be restricted

- Cut the number of high sec systems in half - possibly change to more low sec systems
- Cut down the number of resources and isk making available
- Missions only to level 1 and 2
- Minerals on the very basic minerals can be mined
- The cost of those very basic minerals to be lowered
- Have less market hubs, thus creating more competition, and less profit

Stuff like this, high sec should be very very basic, if you want to progress in the game you need to 'move on' to get the better stuff, low sec/null sec will be the natural progression...
Kain De'Stroi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-03-23 10:44:05 UTC
Korg Leaf wrote:
This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sandbox though. Why would a bear that is safe in highest ever leave highsec?



risk vs reward, CCP needs to improve that a bit though.
and high sec has never been a sandbox.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2012-03-23 10:47:39 UTC
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh
Nedes Betternaem
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2012-03-23 10:52:44 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Korg Leaf wrote:
This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a sandbox though. Why would a bear that is safe in highest ever leave highsec?



Its affecting your sandbox, just like you are affecting someone elses - hence thats why its a sandbox. You are happy to stop someone elses gameplay, but not happy that it stops yours

Well as i said its different story but you need to restrict the bearing

High sec should be almost like training grounds and really should be restricted

- Cut the number of high sec systems in half - possibly change to more low sec systems
- Cut down the number of resources and isk making available
- Missions only to level 1 and 2
- Minerals on the very basic minerals can be mined
- The cost of those very basic minerals to be lowered
- Have less market hubs, thus creating more competition, and less profit

Stuff like this, high sec should be very very basic, if you want to progress in the game you need to 'move on' to get the better stuff, low sec/null sec will be the natural progression...

At first I agreed with your original post, but after that example, I would rather just stick with what we have now than adopt this.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-03-23 10:56:39 UTC
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space? Its not in everyones eyes. PVP region of space, is where everyone considers it a PVP region of space. Most new players consider this to be fairly safe. OK fair enough its not. So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?

it obviously doesnt have any bearing on whether someone will die or not, concord or the consequences are not that great. I mean a couple of nados can gank a freighter worth 10 bill of loot for what only 150mill of lost ships... Wheres the high sec consequence of that?

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

Can you simply not understand its not just about pvping in highsec... its player retention, what happens when all the vets leave? and no noobs play the game, because its not worth it? Shall the game just die, because you can no longer shoot stuff in high sec and you start crying about it, when 3/4 of eve space can be pvp'd in?

Basically you just want easy pvp, which is ironic when people complain about highsec carebears wanting it easy also?

I totally agree something needs to be done hence my suggestions above.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#12 - 2012-03-23 10:59:05 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space? Its not in everyones eyes. PVP region of space, is where everyone considers it a PVP region of space. Most new players consider this to be fairly safe. OK fair enough its not. So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?

it obviously doesnt have any bearing on whether someone will die or not, concord or the consequences are not that great. I mean a couple of nados can gank a freighter worth 10 bill of loot for what only 150mill of lost ships... Wheres the high sec consequence of that?

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

Can you simply not understand its not just about pvping in highsec... its player retention, what happens when all the vets leave? and no noobs play the game, because its not worth it? Shall the game just die, because you can no longer shoot stuff in high sec and you start crying about it, when 3/4 of eve space can be pvp'd in?

Basically you just want easy pvp, which is ironic when people complain about highsec carebears wanting it easy also?

I totally agree something needs to be done hence my suggestions above.


If it wasn't a pvp area you wouldn't be able to do pvp. TBH the people need to grow the balls are the carebears who think they should have perfect safety and no risk in any activity they do.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-03-23 11:01:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr R4nd0m
baltec1 wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space? Its not in everyones eyes. PVP region of space, is where everyone considers it a PVP region of space. Most new players consider this to be fairly safe. OK fair enough its not. So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?

it obviously doesnt have any bearing on whether someone will die or not, concord or the consequences are not that great. I mean a couple of nados can gank a freighter worth 10 bill of loot for what only 150mill of lost ships... Wheres the high sec consequence of that?

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

Can you simply not understand its not just about pvping in highsec... its player retention, what happens when all the vets leave? and no noobs play the game, because its not worth it? Shall the game just die, because you can no longer shoot stuff in high sec and you start crying about it, when 3/4 of eve space can be pvp'd in?

Basically you just want easy pvp, which is ironic when people complain about highsec carebears wanting it easy also?

I totally agree something needs to be done hence my suggestions above.


If it wansn't a pvp area you wouldn't be able to do pvp. TBH the people need to grow the balls are the carebears who think they should have perfect safety and no risk in any activity they do.



Errr well its not going to be a pvp area anymore is it..so duh... thats the change...

I am not disagreeing on that point, i do agree. But basically people are whining cos they cant shoot carebears... cos they are too lame to do proper pvp - thats my issue. They are in the same boat as the high sec carebears, they want something for nothing.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-03-23 11:04:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


its not going to be a pvp region of space now - is it - kinda now nullifies your statement...
Lexmana
#15 - 2012-03-23 11:05:30 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

It is not a matter of view. It is a fact. If you think it is a bug that you can fire guns at other players ship in highsec go ahead and bug report it.
Katrina D'Neese
First Star Industries
#16 - 2012-03-23 11:06:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Tippia wrote:
You're not making any sense. Why should people leave a PvP region of space in order to do PvP? Ugh


Who states that high sec is a pvp region of space? Its not in everyones eyes. PVP region of space, is where everyone considers it a PVP region of space. Most new players consider this to be fairly safe. OK fair enough its not. So why have it called HIGH SEC at all then? Whats the point? Because quite frankly it means nothing. Infact why called it SECURITY SEC at all?

it obviously doesnt have any bearing on whether someone will die or not, concord or the consequences are not that great. I mean a couple of nados can gank a freighter worth 10 bill of loot for what only 150mill of lost ships... Wheres the high sec consequence of that?

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

Can you simply not understand its not just about pvping in highsec... its player retention, what happens when all the vets leave? and no noobs play the game, because its not worth it? Shall the game just die, because you can no longer shoot stuff in high sec and you start crying about it, when 3/4 of eve space can be pvp'd in?

Basically you just want easy pvp, which is ironic when people complain about highsec carebears wanting it easy also?

I totally agree something needs to be done hence my suggestions above.


If it wasn't a pvp area you wouldn't be able to do pvp. TBH the people need to grow the balls are the carebears who think they should have perfect safety and no risk in any activity they do.


QFT

And for Mr random anyone who sticks loot in a ship 10 times its value deserves to die, don't fly what you can't afford to lose
MatrixSkye Mk2
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2012-03-23 11:07:49 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
TBH the people need to grow the balls are the "so-called hi sec PVPers" who think they should have perfect safety and no risk in any activity they do.


Fixed for ya. And you'll be happy to know that with these changes there will now be some non-mickie-mouse consequences to their actions.

Eve is now dark and harsh for everyone, including the grief-prone demented kiddies.

Careful who you start **** with, cause you don't know how it's gonna end up :P.

Welcome to Eve. I hope you enjoy your stay! If not, go back to WOW.






What? It's your own rhetoric. Don't taste good? :P

Successfully doinitwrong™ since 2006.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2012-03-23 11:08:02 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:



I am not disagreeing on that point, i do agree. But basically people are whining cos they cant shoot carebears... cos they are too lame to do proper pvp - thats my issue. They are in the same boat as the high sec carebears, they want something for nothing.


Why shouldn't people shoot carebears?

They have to make themselves a target anyway.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-03-23 11:09:05 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

See high sec as a pvp region is YOUR view and not everyone elses.

It is not a matter of view. It is a fact. If you think it is a bug that you can fire guns at other players ship in highsec go ahead and bug report it.



its not quite the same, what people 'think' and can do is it.

Also i am a vet pvp, and i find people who pvp in highsec are just as bad and lame as people who just constantly mine in highsec...
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2012-03-23 11:11:32 UTC
MatrixSkye Mk2 wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
TBH the people need to grow the balls are the "so-called hi sec PVPers" who think they should have perfect safety and no risk in any activity they do.


Fixed for ya. And you'll be happy to know that with these changes there will now be some non-mickie-mouse consequences to their actions.

Eve is now dark and harsh for everyone, including the grief-prone demented kiddies.

Careful who you start **** with, cause you don't know how it's gonna end up :P.

Welcome to Eve. I hope you enjoy your stay! If not, go back to WOW.






What? It's your own rhetoric. Don't taste good? :P


Funny thing is, I like the mass agro idea but not the sec status drop.
12Next page