These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incoming titan adjustments

First post First post
Author
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2501 - 2012-03-18 04:34:23 UTC
Kosh Seere wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
Hi guis!! I thought I would dip my toe in here and remind everyone of one thing.......the CFC are free to log in their Supers at anytime. The fact is your FC's feel they are too incompetent to use them so they distract you with "imbalance issues" to hide this fact.

The CFC out number everyone you're told to attack or, let's face it, you would'nt attack. You have just as many, if not more, Super caps than anyone you attack. Yet you're cowards and to scared to use them.

You only throw fleets at fights where you have 2/1 favor. As the fight escalates to Capitals your FC's choose to run instead of logging in your own Supers to fight. This is EVE, 0.0 warfare is where the strong survive, not the ones too scared to use big boy toys. Since you are too fail to use the ships that are required during any size fleet fight escalation, you tell CCP to nerf that which you are too scared to use.

Sorry to call you out on this but the facts are so clear........even I can see it for Jita 4-4...Roll
.

Jita -------------------------------------> that way, go away pubbie....

I guess I took the wind outa your sails here hu...Straight Sorry for pointing out the obvious but after pages of you goonies taking credit for making CCP nerf titans, I figured we might as well tell everyone reading this thread why you pushed so hard to get them nerf'd......Blink
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2502 - 2012-03-18 07:25:44 UTC
Pesadel0 wrote:
Sorry bros been away working , any news from the devs on the changes more nerfs?


Yep, Devs came back and admitted it was all an April fools joke.

in actual fact trackings being buffed.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2503 - 2012-03-18 07:33:27 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:

I guess I took the wind outa your sails here hu...Straight
Oh Snot, you're such a pretentious windbag that you could never take the wind out of our sails.
Quote:
Sorry for pointing out the obvious but after pages of you goonies taking credit for making CCP nerf titans, I figured we might as well tell everyone reading this thread why you pushed so hard to get them nerf'd......Blink
.
We are not taking credit for CCP nerfing titans, PL hotdroping the CCP loot pinata fleet, did that all on their own.Lol

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

GallowsCalibrator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2504 - 2012-03-18 09:33:15 UTC
HVAC Repairman wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
RDevz wrote:
It's amazing how playing station games in Jita qualifies you to talk about titans.

What's to be qualified for? Everyone has access to the same ships in EVE, you have more pilots than any coalition in EVE, yet you're tying to make it sound like other alliances have some sort of unfair advantage over you? Face it, it's simply your FC's are too scared to use Super Caps....so you want them nerf'd.

What else are your FC's scared of that CCP needs to nerf?
.
meanwhile at jita undock


I wonder if he'll be around for the victory parade
Mynas Atoch
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#2505 - 2012-03-18 10:09:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Mynas Atoch
I'm Down wrote:
... adjusting tracking will not fix the problem. Just like fixing lock time also does not address the problem at all.

You developers have for years completely ignored your tracking mechanics and how utterly garbage they are. You have also ignored people informing you of why you can’t fix tracking under the current design. So let me drop this knowledge on you for why your first fix to titans has changed so little in what they do that it will have virtually 0 impact on the game after a few months of adaptation:

The current problem is that titans in large numbers can blap the ever living **** out of a fleet with basically no risk simply because they are huge HP buffers that can be repaired by motherships which are also huge HP buffers. Now I could ***** and moan about Capital Remote repairers and their range and their effectiveness, particularly on huge hp and resist stars like supers, but that would go off track of my point, so I’ll avoid the temptation.

So you changed tracking… big whoop. Rather than track around 220 m/s for every 10km of range, an Erebus/Rag now tracks about 110 m/s for every 10km of range. In addition, they have a gun sig size of about double that of a BS. This creates some magical world where a ship further away can be tracked better, but is some how mysteriously the same size as though range dilation has no affect at all on how well you can see that now tiny little dot. In layman’s terms…. This means that if Eve mechanics worked in the real universe, Every star in the whole freaking universe would look approximately the same size as our sun, as would all the planets in size relation to our moon rather than the tiny specs in the sky that they are.
So here’s what happens after your patch to just circumvent the whole problem you just created…. Lock time you say… Tracking speed you say…

Hello MR Proteus, Hello either 5 AEONS with 4 Domi painters or 50 Archons with 4 T2 Painters (and just for luls cause the ship is cheap, why not throw in 2 range extenders for the painters as well). Now that wonderful tengu has an 800-1200 sig and at 60km can be tracked plus has a sig size near the same as the guns do. That Maelstrom has a 1700 + sig… ie bigger than the guns do, and can be tracked at about 12km range…. And oh yeah, you can easily get those 300-400,000 ehp small sig lokis to web down anything closer than those ranges to prevent them from avoiding the tracking problems… not like tech 3’s are rare these days.

Oh but lock time you say… well if the carrier paints before the Titans ever lock…. Oh yeah, Lock a tengu in 30-35 seconds, lock a Maelstrom in 23-30 seconds… that’s so brutal. Oh yeah, and that’s just with ******* Navy tracking computers and sensor boosters, I didn’t even toss in the Meta 13-14 gear.

Gee… in 20 minutes of planning and a slight modification to what my fleet roles are, I’ve just circumvented your entire titan patch plans b/c you thought this was enough to warrant not changing the coding of your formulas so that they make sense.

Good thing there’s nobody in this game who couldn’t ya know, divide their titan pilots up on mumble into 10-15 sub channels, have a few SC’s assigned to each for painting and just perform the exact same way where it’s “paint, blap, blap, boom” rather than the old, “blap, blap, boom”…. That extra step… it will be the death of me. Guess us PL folk, or Raiden folk, or NC. Folk will have a horrible time adapting to this fix bros.

Thanks for the effort… maybe next time you’ll listen to sense, put in the extra time needed, and avoid yet another **** fix.

Now I'm assuming whatever the sig penalty plan was that you had was based at least in part on what I propsed about 6 months ago as I've not seen any other signiture plans offered ever. If you would just ******* do it, It would balance so many combat problems currently seen in this game that it's actually worth the effort. So please stop taking the easy way and do something ******* useful for once in you entire gaming careers.


This man gets it. Its a little bit spergy, but if you can get past that, he gets to the heart of the problem. Two alliances with some of the largest titan fleets in the game studied the proposal, found the loophole CCP had missed, and insist CCP haven't gone far enough and give them some suggestions of where to look. This is how it should be.

Obviously fixing tracking is not a trivial task, and any impact and risk analysis would rule it out for now. It does reopen other options - a simple hack to limit titans being able to target anything smaller than a carrier now looks inevitable.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2506 - 2012-03-18 12:03:06 UTC
GallowsCalibrator wrote:
HVAC Repairman wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:
RDevz wrote:
It's amazing how playing station games in Jita qualifies you to talk about titans.

What's to be qualified for? Everyone has access to the same ships in EVE, you have more pilots than any coalition in EVE, yet you're tying to make it sound like other alliances have some sort of unfair advantage over you? Face it, it's simply your FC's are too scared to use Super Caps....so you want them nerf'd.

What else are your FC's scared of that CCP needs to nerf?
.
meanwhile at jita undock


I wonder if he'll be around for the victory parade


He always docks up when Goons enter local.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

SPAECMARNIES
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2507 - 2012-03-18 13:01:57 UTC
I'm pretty sure the solution is to just remove titans from the game and refund 1 tritanium and 100 isk.
Slaver9
Doomheim
#2508 - 2012-03-18 13:14:23 UTC
what about to let Titans the trackings and just change them in a different way?

For example, make them immun to remote repair and give them more more more EHP @ all - woudn't this be a solution too?

So they can be still on Field and attack subcaps/caps but still have the risk to die if they can't warp out/jump
May Zonday
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2509 - 2012-03-18 13:34:46 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Hi guis!! I thought I would dip my toe in here and remind everyone of one thing.......the CFC are free to log in their Supers at anytime. The fact is your FC's feel they are too incompetent to use them so they distract you with "imbalance issues" to hide this fact.

The CFC out number everyone you're told to attack or, let's face it, you would'nt attack. You have just as many, if not more, Super caps than anyone you attack. Yet you're cowards and to scared to use them.

You only throw fleets at fights where you have 2/1 favor. As the fight escalates to Capitals your FC's choose to run instead of logging in your own Supers to fight. This is EVE, 0.0 warfare is where the strong survive, not the ones too scared to use big boy toys. Since you are too fail to use the ships that are required during any size fleet fight escalation, you tell CCP to nerf that which you are too scared to use.

Sorry to call you out on this but the facts are so clear........even I can see it for Jita 4-4...Roll
.

Hi Snot Shot, how's your mom doing? Is she still making those nice crullers for breakfast?
Emmerik
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2510 - 2012-03-18 13:46:40 UTC
Hmm... please CCP stop talking about docking/parking Supers....
Don't even think about it.... ^^
EnderCapitalG
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2511 - 2012-03-18 14:13:40 UTC
Slaver9 wrote:
what about to let Titans the trackings and just change them in a different way?

For example, make them immun to remote repair and give them more more more EHP @ all - woudn't this be a solution too?

So they can be still on Field and attack subcaps/caps but still have the risk to die if they can't warp out/jump


Except they easily kill the 2 classes of ships that are able to keep them from warping/jumping out.


What I'm saying is: No.
Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2512 - 2012-03-18 15:17:43 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Snot Shot wrote:

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but after pages of you goonies taking credit for making CCP nerf titans, I figured we might as well tell everyone reading this thread why you pushed so hard to get them nerf'd......Blink
.
We are not taking credit for CCP nerfing titans, PL hotdroping the CCP loot pinata fleet, did that all on their own.Lol
Ok so now that I call you out on the reason for goonies crying all this time for CCP to nerf titans, you flip flop to it being PL hot dropping a rare CCP pinata fleet........Roll So you're trying to tell us that CCP are the whiny bitches in this situation and not goonies after how many pages of you taking credit for the nerf?....Lol...Failing Wailing try haaaarduuuur.....Ugh

Ladie Harlot wrote:
He always docks up when Goons enter local.

Is that when I'm in Jita once a year or because Goonies gave me docking rights in EC-.....oh wai...Roll
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2513 - 2012-03-18 16:11:30 UTC
lol look at this tryhard

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2514 - 2012-03-18 16:41:07 UTC
Goonies............winning EVE..........one nerf at a time.........Pirate
.

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Mutheer Lelmata'eb
Doomheim
#2515 - 2012-03-18 18:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutheer Lelmata'eb
Do we have the ability to make CCP shape the game into whatever we liked?
I mean, if that's the case, then can they make me a ship that literally mounts other ships and has its way with them?
It would add a whole other level of anger to the game.
Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2516 - 2012-03-18 18:20:23 UTC
Snot Shot........sperging about ebil Goonies........one post at a time. Twisted

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2517 - 2012-03-18 19:46:59 UTC
Mutheer Lelmata'eb wrote:
Do we have the ability to make CCP shape the game into whatever we liked?
I mean, if that's the case, then can they make me a ship that literally mounts other ships and has its way with them?
It would add a whole other level of anger to the game.


CCP fixed blasters and gal hulls as a personal favour to me.
GallowsCalibrator
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2518 - 2012-03-18 21:57:11 UTC
Mutheer Lelmata'eb wrote:
Do we have the ability to make CCP shape the game into whatever we liked?
I mean, if that's the case, then can they make me a ship that literally mounts other ships and has its way with them?
It would add a whole other level of anger to the game.


Sssshhhh you'll give the big announcement away.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2519 - 2012-03-18 22:10:03 UTC
Snot Shot wrote:
Goonies............winning EVE..........one nerf at a time.........Pirate
.


Yes, we are winning EVE once again. You must be so jealous.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

FlameOfSurvival
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2520 - 2012-03-18 23:38:00 UTC
Shocked Let's give Titans a bomb launcher Shocked - we need more bombs - more more more more more