These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

High Sec Mission Runner Killer?

Author
Soho Joe
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-02-15 02:54:07 UTC
Ok I am wondering What would be the best high sec mission ganking/baiting to gank boat would be. I can use mainly Amarr but have some caldari in the mix. I want to be able to scan down mission runners and try and get aggression so I can pew, can I do this in a scorp (Or Other Hull) as a single package? or would I need a alt in a scanner and main in deeeps boat?

I was thinking Scorp as I can use diff dmg types for diff situations and Jam, but not thinking that lossing a launcher for a scan probe would work or even if that would fit.

So I am asking if anyone has any fits for this activity? Thanks in advance

kalbrak Jr
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-02-15 03:20:29 UTC
Why do you want to gank high sec mission runners?
Soho Joe
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-02-15 03:27:19 UTC
kalbrak Jr wrote:
Why do you want to gank high sec mission runners?


something diff to pass my time and have fun tbh....
kalbrak Jr
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-02-15 03:37:04 UTC
Armageddon with T2 ogres and mega pulse lasers would be your best bet. Might be hard to kill a mission runner before concord gets you tho. Wait until you find a ship that is tanking explosive and kinetic so you have the best chance of killing them.
Asaryuu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-02-15 03:47:53 UTC
Soho Joe wrote:
Ok I am wondering What would be the best high sec mission ganking/baiting to gank boat would be. I can use mainly Amarr but have some caldari in the mix. I want to be able to scan down mission runners and try and get aggression so I can pew, can I do this in a scorp (Or Other Hull) as a single package? or would I need a alt in a scanner and main in deeeps boat?

I was thinking Scorp as I can use diff dmg types for diff situations and Jam, but not thinking that lossing a launcher for a scan probe would work or even if that would fit.

So I am asking if anyone has any fits for this activity? Thanks in advance




This is why Eve has barely any subs as it is. Have fun following around mission runners who don't give 2 ***** if you are there or not.
Kaanchana
Tax-haven
#6 - 2012-02-15 03:56:54 UTC
You won't need an alt, that defeats the purpose. You'll need to be in a small, non threatening yet viable ship to initially gain aggro. No mission runner is gonna shoot you if show up armed to the teeth in a geddon and loot his stuff.

Once you get the aggro, you can use a geddon to finish him off.

imo its boring as hell to do this. Most will know the tactic and will ignore you. Only a very few will be dumb enough to aggro you and stay there. You can get better options can flipping.

SpaceSquirrels
#7 - 2012-02-15 03:57:33 UTC
Can flip em... You'll get a few noobs. Just use a cane with a WD or a HAC. Chances are they wont have props or webs on so... Some might have a MWD... but doubt it.
Hatsumi Kobayashi
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-02-15 16:55:38 UTC
Typhoon works really nicely for this: it has a lot of damage between ACs/Torps and drones, and it doesn't really sacrifice a lot to fit three neutralizers. You neut out their barely stable active tank and then apply damage targeting their weaker resist. Piece of cake.

The problem is really about getting aggro and hoping they stay there while you swap ships.

No sig.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#9 - 2012-02-15 18:03:48 UTC
Use a bomber. ITs more fun. :)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Cindy Marco
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-02-15 18:12:20 UTC
I think your ship would depend on where you want to do this.

Consider that other than Angel space most missions only do 2 damage types. So you should choose your damage type with that in mind.

If you want to use Amarr ships I would think Caldari mission hubs would be best because for a few reasons.

The majority of EM dealing enemies are in Amarr, and Minmatar space. In Amarr space EM is the primary resist, in Minmatar space you'll see omni-tanks. T2 Minmatar ships have very high em resists.

Between Gallente and Caldari, Caldari will have lower em/thermal resists.

And finally, Caldari space is the most player dense, so you will find more targets.

Zyress
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-02-15 18:14:13 UTC
Use a mach, make it cost you more than the mission runner, that would be fun.
Soho Joe
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-02-15 18:24:46 UTC
Asaryuu wrote:
Soho Joe wrote:
Ok I am wondering What would be the best high sec mission ganking/baiting to gank boat would be. I can use mainly Amarr but have some caldari in the mix. I want to be able to scan down mission runners and try and get aggression so I can pew, can I do this in a scorp (Or Other Hull) as a single package? or would I need a alt in a scanner and main in deeeps boat?

I was thinking Scorp as I can use diff dmg types for diff situations and Jam, but not thinking that lossing a launcher for a scan probe would work or even if that would fit.

So I am asking if anyone has any fits for this activity? Thanks in advance




This is why Eve has barely any subs as it is. Have fun following around mission runners who don't give 2 ***** if you are there or not.


^^I see what you did there, Im sure If I trick a mission runner into fireing in me it will kill EVE Roll Look out yall I will with a single act start the mass exodus of unsubbing furries, I will be famous, tales of my exploits will be errmm NVM see what I did there?...Stop posting please.
Tenga Halaris
Galactic Traders Union
#13 - 2012-02-17 16:39:32 UTC
Fit 2 Heavy Neuts and drain the cap of their active tanked BS. Then just 500 DPS will do the trick in no time. No need for fancy multi billion ISK ships.

You may get Problems with passive recharge tanks, but at least you can shut off the hardeners.
BearJews
Order of Extrodinary Gentlemen
BlackRose.
#14 - 2012-02-17 16:48:23 UTC
Can flipping mission runners seeems sooooooo boring.

It's so easy to ignore them, i can't see why you'd ever want to get into this profession.
Verity Sovereign
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2012-02-17 17:10:53 UTC
What about just alpha/high DPS killing them without getting aggro.
I used to mission run and get mighty thin on tank vs the NPCs.
Newer people often have to warp out from time to time... if you are there to stop them from warping out, and then start pouring on the DPS (plus the NPCs), you may get them.

Maybe you fleet up with them in a tier 3 BC, offering to give them more DPS, but they need to tank the aggro (ideally its a multi room or spawn mission), aggro the whole room/trigger as many spawns as you can (like a n0ob would do accidentally), and then wait for them to start aligning to warp out, then you aggro them.

Bonus lulz if you can trigger a scramming wave, and get the NPCs to do everything for you.

Or do you want the KB post?
Gavin DeVries
JDI Industries
#16 - 2012-02-17 17:41:06 UTC
One day last year, I was on Battleclinic for some reason or other, and noticed the most recent kill was a Tengu. I clicked on it just out of curiosity more than any other reason, and discovered that it was a suicide gank. A little more digging discovered a pattern of suicide ganks against Tengus in mission hubs, mainly Motsu and Dodixie. The two guys doing this were using Artillerypocs, Apocalypse battleships fitted with 8x 1400mm T2 howitzers. With faction ammo, they'd do 11k-13k volley damage depending upon skills and implants. I suspect there were two of these ships teamed, because most killmails only had one but a few had two on it. If the first one popped the ship great, if not the second would finish it off. They seemed to get a lot of 500 million to 1 billion isk loot drops off of them, too.

PVP is a question with no single right answer, but a lot of wrong ones.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#17 - 2012-02-17 17:57:31 UTC
Gavin DeVries wrote:
One day last year, I was on Battleclinic for some reason or other, and noticed the most recent kill was a Tengu. I clicked on it just out of curiosity more than any other reason, and discovered that it was a suicide gank. A little more digging discovered a pattern of suicide ganks against Tengus in mission hubs, mainly Motsu and Dodixie. The two guys doing this were using Artillerypocs, Apocalypse battleships fitted with 8x 1400mm T2 howitzers. With faction ammo, they'd do 11k-13k volley damage depending upon skills and implants. I suspect there were two of these ships teamed, because most killmails only had one but a few had two on it. If the first one popped the ship great, if not the second would finish it off. They seemed to get a lot of 500 million to 1 billion isk loot drops off of them, too.


I rather suspect that the artypoc has been superceded by the arty Tornado

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-02-17 19:40:32 UTC
SpaceSquirrels wrote:
Can flip em... You'll get a few noobs. Just use a cane with a WD or a HAC. Chances are they wont have props or webs on so... Some might have a MWD... but doubt it.


Another Eve hero, props to you, you can kill yourself irl Lol
Scien Inkunen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-02-18 14:40:22 UTC
Soho Joe wrote:
kalbrak Jr wrote:
Why do you want to gank high sec mission runners?


something diff to pass my time and have fun tbh....



Best tactic so far - spam them with eve mails - while they read the mail, you can shoot hell out of them and report them as harrasment becouse they do not want to read your polite mails.
Go for it, damn bear carirers .... But on the other hand, it's winter and that's bear inttime time, so ...

Read the "Fart file" and you will understand the meaning of life !

Liam Mirren
#20 - 2012-02-18 15:00:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Liam Mirren
If you mean "get aggressed as you steal their loot, then quickly hop into a different ship to kill the idiot who shot you" then there's a few options. If you have access to gang links (on an orca for instance) then I personally prefer an AC, medium neut, AB, purger tanked Loki. It tanks missile spammers just fine while dealing 700ds and using its neut to kill the active tank.

Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude.

12Next page