These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

High Sec Mission Runner Killer?

Author
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#21 - 2012-02-19 04:13:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Lyrrashae
I'm assuming you want to bait-and-gank legally instead of suicide-gank?

If so, then it's hard to beat a (PvP-spec, of course) Armour/brawler Hurricane with 2 neuts in the utility highs, faction ammo loaded against his weakest resist.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but also a HAM/Medium-neut Drake looks like it might work, though you need T II HAM Launchers, a bit of fitting gimp (1 ACR rig + 1 RCU in a low slot, and high fitting-skills to fit the medium neut), and Rage-spec missiles to make up for losing the kinetoc-damage bonus when you switch out damage types.

For kinetics, go after people doing Sansha/Blood/Amarr missions, with secondary against Mercs.

Serpentis, Rogue Drones, Guristas/Caldari-based rats, and Angels will be hard-tanked against Kinetics, or at least have a strong secondary resist to same, so it might be best to use something else there.

Capacitor = life for a PvE ship, once they hear their ship's computer say "The capacitor...is empty." it's usually curtains for the bling-boat.

Sui-ganking? 2-3 Arty Pests, Maelstroms (a bit expensive, but you just can't beat that alpha), or more recently Tornadoes--again loaded to shoot into his weakest resist (look up NPC damage-profiles on Eve Survival, among others, and load accordingly) should make quick work of him--fit target-painters and tracking computers if going for a T3.

Before you start buying ships and mods, though:

Read this.

And this.

E: Whilst you're happily urp-sploding those stupid bling-barges, train your favourite races' cruiser-skill to 5 to open up HACs--and train Battlecruisers to 5. That latter is arguably the most useful ship-skill in the game.

Ni.

Dbars Grinding
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-02-19 07:37:58 UTC
pls dont take mah l4 loot!

I have more space likes than you. 

Amon Tyr
#23 - 2012-02-19 08:13:41 UTC
Suicide ganking incursion runners ftw! Now that's where all the truly expensive lewt is Shocked
Tanya Powers
Doomheim
#24 - 2012-02-19 10:59:49 UTC
Lyrrashae wrote:
I'm assuming you want to bait-and-gank legally instead of suicide-gank?

If so, then it's hard to beat a (PvP-spec, of course) Armour/brawler Hurricane with 2 neuts in the utility highs, faction ammo loaded against his weakest resist.

I haven't tried it yet myself, but also a HAM/Medium-neut Drake looks like it might work, though you need T II HAM Launchers, a bit of fitting gimp (1 ACR rig + 1 RCU in a low slot, and high fitting-skills to fit the medium neut), and Rage-spec missiles to make up for losing the kinetoc-damage bonus when you switch out damage types.

For kinetics, go after people doing Sansha/Blood/Amarr missions, with secondary against Mercs.

Serpentis, Rogue Drones, Guristas/Caldari-based rats, and Angels will be hard-tanked against Kinetics, or at least have a strong secondary resist to same, so it might be best to use something else there.

Capacitor = life for a PvE ship, once they hear their ship's computer say "The capacitor...is empty." it's usually curtains for the bling-boat.

Sui-ganking? 2-3 Arty Pests, Maelstroms (a bit expensive, but you just can't beat that alpha), or more recently Tornadoes--again loaded to shoot into his weakest resist (look up NPC damage-profiles on Eve Survival, among others, and load accordingly) should make quick work of him--fit target-painters and tracking computers if going for a T3.

Before you start buying ships and mods, though:

Read this.

And this.

E: Whilst you're happily urp-sploding those stupid bling-barges, train your favourite races' cruiser-skill to 5 to open up HACs--and train Battlecruisers to 5. That latter is arguably the most useful ship-skill in the game.

Then you shoot the guy but he's omnitanked, you start sweating, instead of 3 you needed 8 arty maels to kill that faction fitted pinata and concord shows up making you rage and look ridiculous.

If you don't scan those ships before engaging them chances you will probably loose more than you'll collect are very high.
(loved my 340k ehp Navy mega 70 omni faction fit and the loot in those stupid gankers in Osmon, good old days)
Juris Ethos
Standards Contracting
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2012-03-01 05:54:10 UTC
This thread is bad, and you should feel bad.

Low-Sec is that way ------------->
Previous page12