These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Lyris Nairn 2012 : Space Friend to All

Author
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#141 - 2012-02-01 10:20:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Don't trust a goon when he talks about new player experience.

They spoil them. They ruin the whole growing up/experience path.
They pick insecure people with no real self esteem and give them the false
feeling of might and awesomeness.

That said ... it's probably no loss, because smart people with character wouldn't join the goons anyway.


If you're stupid enough to believe that, go ahead. Truth is, we just recruit from Something Awful. Don't even bother trying to throw that blanket on a forum with 150k+ members.


I believe it was you where i got the idea from ... that you spoil people and everything. Can't tell for sure,
but it was a goon who i got it from.

I can't tell if you were being honest, it just made sense that you were doing exactly what you said you're doing.

You're probably right, but couldn't you teach most of your members a bit more ... brains ... or ... manners ... too ?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#142 - 2012-02-01 10:21:16 UTC
Reputation: -1000001
Should never post again

nice goonfleet dot com forum rep lol

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#143 - 2012-02-01 10:22:55 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Exceptions aren't the rule.


He thinks that's the exception. Lol

While his particular day 2 kills were extremely shiny, pretty much every single newbro we bring on to fleets ends up doing something hilarious or awesome, eventually leading to the loss of his ship and several hundred million deposited in his wallet by fleetmates for the good time.

We make a point of keeping EVE fun, and giving new players a chance to experience the best parts of EVE before they burn out doing the **** they'd be doing otherwise.

And highsec activities are all roughly on par with the excitement of mission running. Most of us nullseccers didn't just jump straight into 0.0, we trudged through that crap. Hence why we make a point to make 0.0 accessible to our newbros - so they don't have to.


So it's an elitist club of idiots. With exceptions, of course ... but still a huge bunch of people behaving like idiots.

It's great that you make it fun for people who pay to get to S.A., but what about the others ?
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#144 - 2012-02-01 10:23:12 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

You're probably right, but couldn't you teach most of your members a bit more ... brains ... or ... manners ... too ?


Policing its members is against everything the CFC stands for. If someone has fun screwing with people, who are we to tell him to stop? The only line is when he screws over an ally. (unless he's in TEST and it involved bullets, shooting blues is our favorite pastime!)
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2012-02-01 10:23:22 UTC
Andski wrote:
Reputation: -1000001
Should never post again

nice goonfleet dot com forum rep lol


Thanks for caring.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#146 - 2012-02-01 10:23:23 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
I believe it was you where i got the idea from ... that you spoil people and everything. Can't tell for sure,
but it was a goon who i got it from.

I can't tell if you were being honest, it just made sense that you were doing exactly what you said you're doing.

You're probably right, but couldn't you teach most of your members a bit more ... brains ... or ... manners ... too ?


I'll keep that in mind for the next time we recruit 500 blood-thirsty newbies from SA.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#147 - 2012-02-01 10:23:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:
get rid of the CSM


You're an idiot.

Roime wrote:
You go girl :D

best thread in a while 10/10



Lyris is male.





I'm sure having a CSM in your pocket comes in very handy for GoonWaffe.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#148 - 2012-02-01 10:24:05 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:


It's great that you make it fun for people who pay to get to S.A., but what about the others ?


I am not a member of SA. And Goonswarm is the only member of the CFC with that restriction.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#149 - 2012-02-01 10:24:35 UTC
Why have i always liked TEST more than the Goons anyway ?
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#150 - 2012-02-01 10:26:09 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:
I'm sure having a CSM in your pocket comes in very handy for GoonWaffe.


We have two, actually! For the better part of a few weeks, we had three. Too bad Prometheus went back to Genos.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#151 - 2012-02-01 10:26:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Solstice Project wrote:
Why have i always liked TEST more than the Goons anyway ?


Because you actually listened to the really, really old anti-goon propaganda that has been kicking around highsec since the days of BoB. I was under that impression too initially. It literally took 5 seconds on Goon comms to realize they were simply an amazing community that knew how to have a good time far better than anyone else in EVE.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#152 - 2012-02-01 10:26:48 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:


It's great that you make it fun for people who pay to get to S.A., but what about the others ?


I am not a member of SA. And Goonswarm is the only member of the CFC with that restriction.


Ah, i see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#153 - 2012-02-01 10:29:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Why have i always liked TEST more than the Goons anyway ?


Because you actually listened to the really, really old anti-goon propaganda that has been kicking around highsec since the days of BoB.


No, i'm sure i didn't. I don't listen to propaganda, i'm thinking for myself.

I believe it could be the behaviour. Not talking about ganking, mom killing or anything,
just the pseudo-elitist thinking from people who are nothing else than ants with no brains.

TEST, at least, seems to be different.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#154 - 2012-02-01 10:32:35 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
the pseudo-elitist thinking from people who are nothing else than ants with no brains.


the irony does not escape me

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2012-02-01 10:35:54 UTC
Andski wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
the pseudo-elitist thinking from people who are nothing else than ants with no brains.


the irony does not escape me


I'm sorry, it seems i wasn't using the right wording for you to understand.

You're an idiot, following an idiot.
I may be an idiot, but i don't follow anybody.

The sad part is that your group has so many idiots, you actually have an impact.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#156 - 2012-02-01 10:38:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Solstice Project wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Why have i always liked TEST more than the Goons anyway ?


Because you actually listened to the really, really old anti-goon propaganda that has been kicking around highsec since the days of BoB.


No, i'm sure i didn't. I don't listen to propaganda, i'm thinking for myself.

I believe it could be the behaviour. Not talking about ganking, mom killing or anything,
just the pseudo-elitist thinking from people who are nothing else than ants with no brains.

TEST, at least, seems to be different.


if you actually got to know our communities, your opinions would invert entirely.
and if Goonswarm is populated by ants, TEST has a flea problem. We take pride in lowbrow humour.

EDIT: seriously, why are you holding on to this distaste when your exposure to Goonswarm was probably limited entirely to the ones who wander into highsec frequently? The guys heading to highsec are looking for easy marks to shoot / scam, because thats pretty much the only fun thing easier to do there.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#157 - 2012-02-01 10:41:27 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
if you actually got to know our communities, your opinions would invert entirely.


I'd love to. :)
Sasha Azala
Doomheim
#158 - 2012-02-01 10:45:42 UTC
Andski wrote:
Sasha Azala wrote:
I'm sure having a CSM in your pocket comes in very handy for GoonWaffe.


We have two, actually! For the better part of a few weeks, we had three. Too bad Prometheus went back to Genos.




That just shows that the system is failing even more than I had previously thought.










Not related to Andski's answer but I'll add this as a general comment on the subject.


The reason a lot of people don't vote,is that they have no faith in the voting system or its candidates. So they can't vote for anyone anyway, casting a vote would be also a vote for the system of voting.

Or plainly put, using the system adds credibility to it.




Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#159 - 2012-02-01 10:45:57 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Andski wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
the pseudo-elitist thinking from people who are nothing else than ants with no brains.


the irony does not escape me


I'm sorry, it seems i wasn't using the right wording for you to understand.

You're an idiot, following an idiot.
I may be an idiot, but i don't follow anybody.

The sad part is that your group has so many idiots, you actually have an impact.


are you really going to play the ~free spirit~ card? don't make me laugh.

there is that hint of anger in your posts that seems to stem from some prior encounter with members of my alliance

were you scammed? ganked? I'm sorry that you disagree with the way we play this game, but trying to belittle our intelligence because of it is unbecoming.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#160 - 2012-02-01 10:47:35 UTC
Sasha Azala wrote:

The reason a lot of people don't vote,is that they have no faith in the voting system or its candidates. So they can't vote for anyone anyway, casting a vote would be also a vote for the system of voting.

Or plainly put, using the system adds credibility to it.


Literally anyone can run. You don't like it, make some ripples and change it yourself.