These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Lyris Nairn 2012 : Space Friend to All

Author
Pocco Maroo
Mysterium Astrometrics
#101 - 2012-02-01 08:28:29 UTC
I support anyone who supports cats.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#102 - 2012-02-01 08:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Akirei Scytale
Andski wrote:

i'm sure that the CSM candidates spend so much energy on running their campaigns because iceland is such a great place to visit, with such attractions as the world's only phallological museum


PFFT. You know what I saw when I visited South Korea?

Yeeeeeeep. It was a whole goddamn park. The story behind it is ridiculous.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#103 - 2012-02-01 08:35:51 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
The story behind it is ridiculous.


404 file not found. Now you got me hooked. What is the story????

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#104 - 2012-02-01 08:39:45 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
The story behind it is ridiculous.


404 file not found. Now you got me hooked. What is the story????


the link got censored. replace the ***** with the name for the male anatomy beginning with p.
Ursula LeGuinn
Perkone
Caldari State
#105 - 2012-02-01 08:41:40 UTC
Did Lyris get approx. 2,000 Spacebook Likes in less than a week? Moses wept.

Here's hoping for an all-Goon CSM in 2012. The ensuing uproar and general tinfoil hattery would easily provide a year's worth of quality entertainment.

"The EVE forums are intended to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for the EVE community." — EVElopedia

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#106 - 2012-02-01 08:45:16 UTC
Ursula LeGuinn wrote:
Did Lyris get approx. 2,000 Spacebook Likes in less than a week? Moses wept.

Here's hoping for an all-Goon CSM in 2012. The ensuing uproar and general tinfoil hattery would easily provide a year's worth of quality entertainment.


There will be at least 1 TESTie, we are after all an alliance nearly as large as Goonswarm.

Personally I want to see as many niches as possible represented, there's gotta be at least one full time lowsec pirate, one mission runner, one wormholer. But 0.0 and WH players are exposed to the largest chunk of the game's mechanics and see its flaws pretty readily, so I openly welcome nullsec voting blocs taking up most seats.
Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#107 - 2012-02-01 08:46:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Hecatonis
Andski wrote:
Hecatonis wrote:
if there is "significant influence" to tossed around then surely you can find some nice documented evidence to back it up, but alas you again turn to insults.

and what hulk is that? i haven't lost one for over a year if memory serves, and it wasn't because of a goon i might add.


i'm sure that the CSM candidates spend so much energy on running their campaigns because iceland is such a great place to visit, with such attractions as the world's only phallological museum

btw, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-05-eve-csm-chairman-breaks-the-peace

the gaming press seems pretty fixated on the CSM!


ph, you mean the only story about the subject with a CSM twist written by a man who flies for the goons?

YUUUP, you got me 0.o

I
think
i
win
the
article
war

my links are greater then your links
edit, formatting fail
Ursula LeGuinn
Perkone
Caldari State
#108 - 2012-02-01 08:55:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Ursula LeGuinn
Akirei Scytale wrote:
There will be at least 1 TESTie, we are after all an alliance nearly as large as Goonswarm.

Personally I want to see as many niches as possible represented, there's gotta be at least one full time lowsec pirate, one mission runner, one wormholer. But 0.0 and WH players are exposed to the largest chunk of the game's mechanics and see its flaws pretty readily, so I openly welcome nullsec voting blocs taking up most seats.


I actually agree with you, and was mostly joking. I just want to watch the world burn, etc.

I'll probably be voting for a certain someone who may or may not be advocating changes to the "new player experience." Personally, I don't think there's any way to increase retention of new players as this game ages without pissing off veterans — but I'd like to see some ideas bandied about. I've been surprised before.

inb4 Malcanis' Law

"The EVE forums are intended to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere for the EVE community." — EVElopedia

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#109 - 2012-02-01 08:55:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
wow a bunch of articles about the same thing

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/14/feature/5582
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/07/eve-online-audience-with-the-king-of-space/
http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/council-of-stellar-management/ - wow look at all those tagged articles!!!!

btw that article wasn't written by mittens, it was only based on a CEO update that he crossposted to kugu

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#110 - 2012-02-01 08:58:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
feel free to bring more articles regarding statue shooting my way though

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#111 - 2012-02-01 09:03:17 UTC
Jacob Stiller
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2012-02-01 09:08:03 UTC
Jacob Stiller wrote:
So when is the next CSM election?


I know you all are having a blast trolling each other, but I'm honestly interested in the date for these elections. Gotta know when to put my votes up for auction. Not interested in all of this political business, but I am always looking for new commodities to trade. Twisted
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#113 - 2012-02-01 09:09:50 UTC
Jacob Stiller wrote:
Jacob Stiller wrote:
So when is the next CSM election?


I know you all are having a blast trolling each other, but I'm honestly interested in the date for these elections. Gotta know when to put my votes up for auction. Not interested in all of this political business, but I am always looking for new commodities to trade. Twisted


there will be no election, the mittani will appoint the next panel of delegates

chairman4lyfe

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#114 - 2012-02-01 09:11:15 UTC
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#115 - 2012-02-01 09:13:43 UTC
Ursula LeGuinn wrote:
Akirei Scytale wrote:
There will be at least 1 TESTie, we are after all an alliance nearly as large as Goonswarm.

Personally I want to see as many niches as possible represented, there's gotta be at least one full time lowsec pirate, one mission runner, one wormholer. But 0.0 and WH players are exposed to the largest chunk of the game's mechanics and see its flaws pretty readily, so I openly welcome nullsec voting blocs taking up most seats.


I actually agree with you, and was mostly joking. I just want to watch the world burn, etc.

I'll probably be voting for a certain someone who may or may not be advocating changes to the "new player experience." Personally, I don't think there's any way to increase retention of new players as this game ages without pissing off veterans — but I'd like to see some ideas bandied about. I've been surprised before.

inb4 Malcanis' Law

You don't say? Well then! Please, share your thoughts.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#116 - 2012-02-01 09:15:39 UTC
Ursula LeGuinn wrote:
Did Lyris get approx. 2,000 Spacebook Likes in less than a week? Moses wept.

It is as though posting a lot and sometimes making a good post or two results in people enjoying one's posting. Idea

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#117 - 2012-02-01 09:16:08 UTC
Andski wrote:
wow a bunch of articles about the same thing

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/14/feature/5582
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/07/eve-online-audience-with-the-king-of-space/
http://massively.joystiq.com/tag/council-of-stellar-management/ - wow look at all those tagged articles!!!!

btw that article wasn't written by mittens, it was only based on a CEO update that he crossposted to kugu


1) there is a lot of talk about what shouldn't be worked on, nothing saying what the CSM presented.
2) didnt even talk about the riots and was posted before incarnum (did you even bother reading it before posting?)
3) hahaha i like some of the posts in this one like this one . doing doing such a large search using one field leads to some laughable "proof"

only one of the 3 links you posted had anything to do with the "work" CSM does
the second one was writen before the **** hit the fan and even before TM made it on the CSM
and the thrid is just search for the tag CSM

really dude, you have to work harder then this
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#118 - 2012-02-01 09:18:31 UTC
Hecatonis, are you aware that no one cares what you have to say here? All you've done is come in, ruin a fun thread, make unfounded claims, get proven wrong, and continue to argue your misconceptions. You're basically EVE's Bill O'Reilly, minus integrity.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#119 - 2012-02-01 09:20:15 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Hecatonis, are you aware that no one cares what you have to say here? All you've done is come in, ruin a fun thread, make unfounded claims, get proven wrong, and continue to argue your misconceptions. You're basically EVE's Bill O'Reilly, minus integrity.

He has also kept my thread bumped to the first page of EVE General Discussion, and correspondingly he has helped to get out my message and has directly contributed to further inflating my likes counts.

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#120 - 2012-02-01 09:20:29 UTC
okay feel free to continue to believe that the CSM is an irrelevant entity if it helps you sleep better at night ;p

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar