These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Ideas for new modules

First post
Author
Valei Khurelem
#481 - 2012-01-25 17:49:47 UTC
Warp Disruptor Countermeasure I - II

Thank you and good night :)

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Khrage
#482 - 2012-01-25 19:35:58 UTC
Hadez411 wrote:
Module: A module for battleships that mimicks the siege module, to revolutionize highsec warfare. A damage increase at a tracking penalty and loss of movement and remote assistance for X minutes. I wont get into numbers.


this would make the hyp and mael amazing, not so much for non-active tanked bonused BSs.

but BSs are already built for slow movement big tank big gank. good idea, but getting into deeper thinknig of it, it doesn't work out too well.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#483 - 2012-01-25 20:50:54 UTC
Mines updated

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=659458#post659458

Also

Resistance Fuses

Resistance
Consumable Module
Evolving Module
Tank Slot
Scripted Module
Script Consuming

This module when activated devours the script and becomes pernament reistance passive module until its repaired. Scripts help pick which resistance wanted by the pilot before fusing the switch pernamently which damages it partially.

If repaired the switch is then reset to normal mode.

Resistances providable by this module is slightly less competitive than other non switchable modules.

This module also requires more fitting than other modules as well mostly in the grid deparment minorly in the cpu.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Tuatha De
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#484 - 2012-01-25 20:58:26 UTC
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Warp Disruptor Countermeasure I - II

Thank you and good night :)


You mean Warp Core Stabilizer? That's already a thing, you can buy them.

Warp Core Overload (or something)

It's basically like a microwarp drive, but increases your velocity by +100% over a regular MWD, increases your sig by +200% compared to a MWD, and drastically reduces your agility. If you collide with anything while this module is active and your speed exceeds some threshold (60% of maximum?), your warp core explodes destroying your ship and creating a massive explosion, similar to the effect of multiple shrapnel bombs ( or something like that). Maybe the resulting explosion is so powerful it takes out your pod, too.
GetSirrus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#485 - 2012-01-25 21:42:02 UTC
Nanite Dispersion Array

module creates a short range field of nanites for repairing drones in orbit of ship. gradual repair across all or use scripts to specifically repair shield, armor or structure.

Oh. is there a prize for a successful suggestion?

Can CCP SoniClover provide from prelimiary feedback about the suggestions so far?
Heathkit
Merch Industrial
Goonswarm Federation
#486 - 2012-01-25 22:55:14 UTC
From another thread, a "Stargate Hacking Array".

Requires Hacking V. You need racial encryption methods to be able to hack gates of that race.

Successfully "hacking" a gate provides you with a log of activations for the past X minutes (or the past X activations). Maybe increasing racial encryption methods increases the likelihood of hacking the gate, and there's a "Stargate Hacking" skill that gives you more logs. More skill means you see more activations. The activations are just (Time, Pilot, Ship Type, Inbound/Outbound). Instead of ship type, it could just be mass.

Smuggler gates do not keep logs, and thus there's no point in hacking them.

Temuken Radzu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#487 - 2012-01-25 23:22:46 UTC
Temuken Radzu wrote:
I would like to see a entirely new weapons system, something like this

New weapon: Focus Cannons
Basically the idea is that those cannons can be manualy charged, then fired at the target for increased damage. The longer it charges, the higher the damage. But at the same time, the longer it is charged the tracking goes down fast, limiting one shot frigate kills with a maximized charged Focus Cannon...

The weapon is itself splitted in two separate modules: One of course is the cannon, the other is the charge holder. If the charge maximun is reached, the weapon must fire before it can be charged again.
The more cannons, the more shots can be fired at the cost of less damage from each of those cannons because the charge have to be splitted between the cannons
The more Charge holders, the faster the weapon charges and the more destructive the cannon is.

Both the Cannon and the charge module are Highslot modules so you have to choose how you will fit your ship.
If you want faster shots, use more weapons and and less charge modules.
If you want a immensly powerfull shot to obliberate your targets use more charge modules and less cannons.


Still hoping for some comments :P
Luis Graca
#488 - 2012-01-25 23:37:55 UTC
Solve the AFK cloakis problem and create a pos module that can scan them as long as you have the sov is that sistem
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#489 - 2012-01-26 00:07:30 UTC
Tuatha De wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Warp Disruptor Countermeasure I - II

Thank you and good night :)


You mean Warp Core Stabilizer? That's already a thing, you can buy them.

Warp Core Overload (or something)

It's basically like a microwarp drive, but increases your velocity by +100% over a regular MWD, increases your sig by +200% compared to a MWD, and drastically reduces your agility. If you collide with anything while this module is active and your speed exceeds some threshold (60% of maximum?), your warp core explodes destroying your ship and creating a massive explosion, similar to the effect of multiple shrapnel bombs ( or something like that). Maybe the resulting explosion is so powerful it takes out your pod, too.


I think she means something that doesn't protect you from Warp Scrambling, but makes it so that if someone tries scrambling you it scrambles them as well.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#490 - 2012-01-26 00:32:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
MANO A MANO

When this module is activated on a target; neither they or you can receive any form of remote assistance.

This module has no fitting requirements and can be fit in any module slot.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#491 - 2012-01-26 00:47:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Amaroq Dricaldari
Tech III Modules (subsystems don't count).

---

P.S.: CCP SoniClover looks like an Ori Priest

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#492 - 2012-01-26 04:45:58 UTC
Rig Bus Bar

Tech 3
Fittings
Rigs

This subsystem allows you to remove an entire rig set of a tech 3 ship for later use
This also allows you to place an in an entirely empty rig bus bar
Removing rigs form the bar still destroys them as normal so its better to use as a set changing for role swapping of the ship.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Axe Coldon
#493 - 2012-01-26 05:41:33 UTC
Xlarge Shield Extenders

Mid Slot cargo Expanders.

Passive Invulneribility

Allow miners lasers to damage other ships.

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Barbie D0ll
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#494 - 2012-01-26 07:01:15 UTC
High slot Solar Power Modules that when active give a static increase to cap per cycle
maybe similar fitting to small, medium, large energy transfer array with 1/2 to 1/4th the benefit per cycle?
Gerrick Palivorn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#495 - 2012-01-26 07:26:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerrick Palivorn
Temuken Radzu wrote:
Temuken Radzu wrote:
I would like to see a entirely new weapons system, something like this

New weapon: Focus Cannons
Basically the idea is that those cannons can be manualy charged, then fired at the target for increased damage. The longer it charges, the higher the damage. But at the same time, the longer it is charged the tracking goes down fast, limiting one shot frigate kills with a maximized charged Focus Cannon...

The weapon is itself splitted in two separate modules: One of course is the cannon, the other is the charge holder. If the charge maximun is reached, the weapon must fire before it can be charged again.
The more cannons, the more shots can be fired at the cost of less damage from each of those cannons because the charge have to be splitted between the cannons
The more Charge holders, the faster the weapon charges and the more destructive the cannon is.

Both the Cannon and the charge module are Highslot modules so you have to choose how you will fit your ship.
If you want faster shots, use more weapons and and less charge modules.
If you want a immensly powerfull shot to obliberate your targets use more charge modules and less cannons.


Still hoping for some comments :P


[comment]...[/comment]

-ECM Scripts
-Modify the DCU to allow repair paste to repair modules while active
-Heat Inducers that are simular to nuets but add heat damage to the modules on opponents ships
-Coolant tanks (lowslot)
-Coolant control systems (midslot)

MMOs come and go, but Eve remains.  -Garresh-

Axel Kurki
Aseyakone
#496 - 2012-01-26 13:08:31 UTC
I wrote a reply, but the forums ate it, go figure.

The best ideas (at least in my opinion) were:

"Dumb-fire" modules. Effect appears on a point in space determined by either the ship's movement vector or a fixed distance and it's facing. Purpose: More flying, less "orbit, F1, F2, F3". Why this may be a bad idea: Try to use one in lag.

ECM Field Generator: Makes it impossible to get warp-ins to ships on grid with probes. Instead, probing the generating ship (or all ships) on grid becomes extremely easy, but all bookmarks got in such a way will be off by at least 100 km. Purpose: Make sniping a viable PVP tactic, even if there are probing ships on grid. (ATM in such cases, probers will get perfect hits, making it possible to warp ships on the snipers' position.) This would force people to use fast or cloaked ships to close in to hostile fleet to get warp-ins.
Carmizan
Lords of Maelstrom
#497 - 2012-01-26 13:43:10 UTC
not read all the post so sorry if this has been said before

There a few posts about t2 defender missiles which is a good idea, but there are ships in eve that can not fit missile launchers so to help defend against missile i would suggest a point of defence weapon similar to those fitted to modern warships. a rapid fire turret weapon, based on the players race skills that locks, tracks and shoot down the missile. this could be based on the civilian guns that are already on the market, so do not have to use ammo as such, but with a greater RoF and a much higher tracking speed low damage as missile will not take much to destroy it and once activated it will open fire when ever a missile is fired at the ship it is fitted on.

A tech 2 version could also be brought out that can defend the fleet the player is in.
Rhealee
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#498 - 2012-01-26 14:17:44 UTC
A short range module for decloaking please.

Also more tech 3. We have had plenty of time to study the sleepers.
HARD STEEL
Caldari Capital Construction Company
#499 - 2012-01-26 15:57:48 UTC
You should need a module to show up on and see local :) Comms Array, you should then be able to block comms on other ships

ONLY THE HARD.  ONLY THE STRONG.

Hadez411
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#500 - 2012-01-26 16:32:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Hadez411
MOAR CCP FEEDBACK!

Module: PVP: Tactical Tractor Beam. Tractical Beam?
Having seen startrek in my time they're always getting grabbed by peoples tractor beams and pulled in to their doom. So when I initially started playing this game I assumed tractor beams would do the same, but to no avail. SOOOOO, what about a tactical tractor beam? Give it the same range as a scram or something and only allow the ship with more thrust to be the puller. Maybe make it so that if someone's webbed the tractor beam can be used on your own team to speed them up a little... or, alternatively, web your own team mate to anchor him down so he can pull in a heavier ship. That and multiple small ships could pull someone off a station or gate or maybe just latch on and get dragged along and not require a propulsion mod so long as they can get that initial proximity and latch on. Endless possibilities.