These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Ideas for new modules

First post
Author
Syndic Thrass
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#441 - 2012-01-23 11:02:22 UTC
Area of Effect

AoE doomsdays. They're coming back.

Reguards, Iskies-mommies-toonies-corpies-goonies 0707 m8m8m8

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#442 - 2012-01-23 17:08:21 UTC
Large Tractor Beam

Support
Highslot
Logistics.

These large beams are able to maintain thier tractoring effect though warp.
Reduces AU/s if active.
Disabling during warp destroys the canister.
Industrial ships receive fitting bonuses for it. Effects any friendly/abandoned sized canister including the deployed warehouses.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#443 - 2012-01-23 17:12:09 UTC
Ship Towing Module


Can tow ships that have no pilot.
Can only tow ships with less mass that the ship its engaged on.
Basically a Tractor Beam that works on ships but keeps the ship at the range the modules engaged at.
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#444 - 2012-01-23 17:15:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
Lallante wrote:
My module Idea:

STFU Generator

High Slot

When activated, prevents Nova Fox from posting incredibly horrible module ideas to the Features & Ideas Forum


You know you could be infinitely more useful in shutting me up by posting better ideas or pointing out why some modules are bad even if they aren't mine.

Decoy Launcher

Consumable Drone
Highslot
Ewar
Hull upgrade.

This module consumes the ships entire drone bay and converts it into a local magazine for the decoy launcher.

When activated this module consumes a drone to divert the targeting of one or more targeting ships onto the drone thus all weapon systems that where originally on the ship will also be transfered onto the decoy drone.

Drones have a short battery life, and can be easily destroyed with its massive signature thus easier to hit.

Effected Pilots can quickly relock the main ship and change targets back.

This behavior is not intelligent and will peel off friendly targeting. First to lock first to be pulled off.
Does not grant host ship targeting immunity thus new lock on signals will work as normal until also peeled off.

Small Decoy 1 Targets
Medium Decoy 2 Targets
Large Decoy 5 Targets

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#445 - 2012-01-23 17:16:57 UTC
Pilot Ghost Module


The ship will appear to have the pilot in it that was the last person in the ship.
If pilot not in system, pilot does NOT appear in local channel.


Good for laying traps against pirates.
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#446 - 2012-01-23 17:21:37 UTC
Warp Disruption Reflector Module


Warp Disruptors reflect back at the hostile craft disrupting their warp.

OPTIONAL BALANCING : Does not affect Warp Scramblers
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#447 - 2012-01-23 17:26:29 UTC
Mask Ship Type Module


Changes Overview Ship Type to whatever the pilot wants it to be.

OPTIONAL : Ship type unaffected if scanned by Directional Scanner
OPTIONAL : Ship type unaffected when scanned by probes
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#448 - 2012-01-23 17:30:09 UTC
Probe Jamming Emitter

Terrain Control
AOE
Navigation
EWAR

This large AOE field generator creates an area of denial for probes any probes that enter this field are destroyed instantly. Any probes on grid as this generator also suffers a degrade in strength thus lowering the accuracy of warping to it.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#449 - 2012-01-23 17:39:48 UTC
Communications Disruption Bomb (STFU Bomb?)


Ships engulfed in Bomb blast lose their local channel for 60 sec.



OPTIONAL : Only lose how many people in system indication.
OPTIONAL : Lose all communications windows.
Corwin Arzakh
Singidunum Stellar Exploration
#450 - 2012-01-23 18:14:19 UTC
Some faction or deadspace AB's that reduce web effectiveness by 50-75%
Daedalus II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#451 - 2012-01-23 18:33:41 UTC
A module that could change pvp in eve for better or worse:

Imagine an actual invulnerability field. It's a module that when activated makes your ship invulnerable (by setting all resists to 100%) for maybe 10 minutes, but it also completely incapacitates the ship. It's essentially there to buy yourself time to get reinforcements (if there are any). Once the time runs out you'll be vulnerable again and can't activate the module for a cooldown period (10 minutes+). Any hostile modules activated on the ship will still be active when in invulnerability mode (remember it just sets all resists to 100%) so it can be for example warp scrambled already when it goes out of invulnerability mode.

While I'm sure gankers and everyone hoping on a fast kill wouldn't like a module like this, I think it might bring more "good" fights if one look past the initial knee-jerk reaction to the suggestion.

Example:
Industrial ship gets damaged by pirates and goes into invulnerability, 5 minutes later reinforcements arrive and bring pirates into invulnerability. Another 5 minutes and the industrial goes out of invulnerability at the same time as pirate reinforcements arrive, and so on until a fullblown battle is on, instead of just a single boring gank. Think about it...
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#452 - 2012-01-23 18:38:36 UTC
Anti-Drone Drone


Drone automatically attacks any drones attacking you
Lucjan
Deutzer Freiheit
#453 - 2012-01-23 18:40:46 UTC
Projected Anti-Repair/Anti-Shield Transfer Module


When projected onto a ship, that ship will no longer get any repair/shield transfer


OPTIONAL : Separated into two separate Projection Modules one for shield and one for armor
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#454 - 2012-01-23 19:13:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
XXSketchxx wrote:
ITT Nova Fox spamming ideas

Most of which are terrible.


And you have how many ideas suggested so far? or contributed any post value to this thread?

I can easily go in and call every idea here terrible and come up with reasons why they are all terrible including my own suggestions and this will be more valueable than your posting.

Also the more you complain the more I will post and you can call it terrible all day, it holds no value becuase you don't point out the flaws with the ideas, if you havent been paying attention I am very capable of reworking ideas adjusting aand altering, I am not hard as rock or set in stone person. Why do you think I am overflowing with ideas? Becuase I drift all over the amarr damned place thats why.

I am seriously not trying to insult people here or thier level of intelligence by spelling out every little bit of detail, I am allowing the oppertunity for inspiration of anything else similar even from other posters or ccp.

If you where to critically think about this entire thread, its not a message board, its a Post-it Board. Ideas here will get glanced at and it sparks something it gets brought to the table and then discussed about in ways of how to best intergate this module or interate it. Some modules here I can see ships getting re-rolled to fullfill a purpose. Others requiring entirely new deployment methoods. Others boosting fleet war, some boosting skirmish, few boosting the space simulator envrionment.

I expect not a single module here to make it to TQ in the ways we imagined it, interated it, let alone suggested it as but I do expect inspired modules none the less.

I am about on border line to going back and 6k word every post and dont think its going to slow me down I have about 4 more written pages of ideas. I am even more tempted to review every module here one post at time if it makes you that upset, so stop tempting me or Ill drown you in a sea of text.

10,000 bad ideas went into making the lightbulb just remember that. The one good idea lightbulb did spark inspiration leading to everything your technological social life needs to function today.

Tech 2 Ewar Ammo

Tech 2 Ammo
Long Range Ewar

These specially crafted ammunitions apply electronic warfare effects onto thier targets. Electronic warfare effects applied by ammo cannot stack. Only the newest effect is applied. Ammo penalizes rate of fire, does comparable damage to thier technology 1 base ammo.

Resonating - Targeting Painting
Ossilating - Sensor Range Dampen
Reverberating - Sensor Speed Dampen
Ionized - Turret Range Dampen
Magnetized - Turret Tracking Dampen
Surging - Capacitor Neutralizing (minor effect)
Echoing - ECM

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#455 - 2012-01-23 23:18:39 UTC
*Bump*

This is a Dev thread, people. Please don't let it die. I would rather save the Devs the trouble.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#456 - 2012-01-24 02:48:49 UTC
Syndic Thrass wrote:
Area of Effect

AoE doomsdays. They're coming back.


I'd like to see it. Even a Supercap smartbomb with the same mechanics as subcap smartbombs only larger AoE damage and cap use.

SuperCap Smartbomb 30km base with a skill book that got it to 45 or 60 km. Won't work at gates the same as subcaps.

I'd like an inertia bomb too. Based on race and desired effect it could either push all ships off range or suck them in. A zoom too for short range ships, a get off my back for long range ships.
XXSketchxx
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#457 - 2012-01-24 02:50:32 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
XXSketchxx wrote:
ITT Nova Fox spamming ideas

Most of which are terrible.


And you have how many ideas suggested so far? or contributed any post value to this thread?

I can easily go in and call every idea here terrible and come up with reasons why they are all terrible including my own suggestions and this will be more valueable than your posting.

Also the more you complain the more I will post and you can call it terrible all day, it holds no value becuase you don't point out the flaws with the ideas, if you havent been paying attention I am very capable of reworking ideas adjusting aand altering, I am not hard as rock or set in stone person. Why do you think I am overflowing with ideas? Becuase I drift all over the amarr damned place thats why.

I am seriously not trying to insult people here or thier level of intelligence by spelling out every little bit of detail, I am allowing the oppertunity for inspiration of anything else similar even from other posters or ccp.

If you where to critically think about this entire thread, its not a message board, its a Post-it Board. Ideas here will get glanced at and it sparks something it gets brought to the table and then discussed about in ways of how to best intergate this module or interate it. Some modules here I can see ships getting re-rolled to fullfill a purpose. Others requiring entirely new deployment methoods. Others boosting fleet war, some boosting skirmish, few boosting the space simulator envrionment.

I expect not a single module here to make it to TQ in the ways we imagined it, interated it, let alone suggested it as but I do expect inspired modules none the less.

I am about on border line to going back and 6k word every post and dont think its going to slow me down I have about 4 more written pages of ideas. I am even more tempted to review every module here one post at time if it makes you that upset, so stop tempting me or Ill drown you in a sea of text.

10,000 bad ideas went into making the lightbulb just remember that. The one good idea lightbulb did spark inspiration leading to everything your technological social life needs to function today.

Tech 2 Ewar Ammo

Tech 2 Ammo
Long Range Ewar

These specially crafted ammunitions apply electronic warfare effects onto thier targets. Electronic warfare effects applied by ammo cannot stack. Only the newest effect is applied. Ammo penalizes rate of fire, does comparable damage to thier technology 1 base ammo.

Resonating - Targeting Painting
Ossilating - Sensor Range Dampen
Reverberating - Sensor Speed Dampen
Ionized - Turret Range Dampen
Magnetized - Turret Tracking Dampen
Surging - Capacitor Neutralizing (minor effect)
Echoing - ECM


Almost every one of your ideas would be overpowered as hell and are just 'HEY GUYS WOULDNT IT BE COOL IF [INSERT RANDOM IDEA]'

None of your ideas show an indepth analysis as to the potential effects. You are literally just spitting out anything that comes to mind. That is almost as useless as my posting.
Amaroq Dricaldari
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#458 - 2012-01-24 03:07:58 UTC
Lucjan wrote:
Warp Disruption Reflector Module


Warp Disruptors reflect back at the hostile craft disrupting their warp.

OPTIONAL BALANCING : Does not affect Warp Scramblers


Damn it, I was gonna suggest that.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#459 - 2012-01-24 03:17:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nova Fox
XXSketchxx wrote:
Nova Fox wrote:
[quote=XXSketchxx]ITT Nova Fox spamming ideas

Most of which are terrible.


Almost every one of your ideas would be overpowered as hell and are just 'HEY GUYS WOULDNT IT BE COOL IF [INSERT RANDOM IDEA]'

None of your ideas show an indepth analysis as to the potential effects. You are literally just spitting out anything that comes to mind. That is almost as useless as my posting.


Define Overpowered?

Last time I checked a bunch of numbers can make everything undesirable or the next FOTM if you been in eve long enough YOU"D KNOW THIS.

Try again.

The 6k post edition of any of these modules goes into analysis of use, misuse possible abuses, best sitations, worst situations, works well with the following modules, doesnt work all that well with the following modules, Counters, protections, counterprotections, ship peferred for fit, ships designed for and I know I wouldnt have enough room for the blueprint an exact attributes let alone the extrapolations I used to get to those numbers.

If you are that low in intelligence that if I have to spell everything out for your unimagitive mind go right ahead and keep spouting one liners.

These Ideas are not designed to be cool, awsome or anything, they're just there to spur ideas nothing more. But if you want me to make them awsome justified balanced and all that you are going to start wishing I kept posts simple.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

XXSketchxx
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#460 - 2012-01-24 03:23:21 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:


If you are that low in intelligence that if I have to spell everything out for your unimagitive mind go right ahead and keep spouting one liners.


My apologies for not having the "imagination" to spew out every idea that comes to my head as if it'd be a travesty that no one ever heard the brilliant idea that only I could come up with.