These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Can we please remove or nerf drone aggro.

Author
Scialt
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#21 - 2017-07-24 17:27:18 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:
No it doesn't need 'reliable' tool. What you're asking for is a switch that when fit, says 'my drones are immune to npc's'

Not going to happen. You already have ai that prioritises ewar and remote reps, so a simple target painter is likely to get them to switch target. You can already remote repair drones and only certain types of rats go for drones frequently.

Using drones has huge advantages. The price of this power? They get shot at.

If drone aggro was so bad why is everyone using them? Ishtars, VNI's, Rattlers, gilas, domi's and even the op with a drone proteus...

OP just needs to learn how to use drones.



Man, I love it when you overdose on the hyperbole.

Having a reliable tool does not mean it's a one shot solution that requires no further action or sacrifice.

I know people say the AI prioritizes Ewar and reps... but that has never been my experience in any kind of useful way. When the AI decides drones must die, it focuses on drones, period. You can pull them back in, but as soon as you put them out it switches right back, no matter what kind of ewar and repping you are doing... often focusing on the same drone they were shooting when you pulled them in. I use target painters all the time, as it's one of the few useful ewars in PvE and benefits both my ship and the drones, but at no point have I ever seen anything switch to me over it.

Ewar in general needs a solid look for use in PvE anyway, in most cases it's entirely useless. But drones were originally designed and balanced without AI aggroing them except in special circumstances, and making the change to what we have now without addressing methods of dealing with it was irresponsible and lazy development.


Target painter is the wrong tool.

From what I can tell (and this is just my personal experience, not sure-fire knowledge of the mechanics), ewar targeted at one enemy does little to impact drone aggro (as you seem to have experienced with a target painter).

E-war and reps that target your drones do work. The problem with reps as the range... and the fact that it seems the drones need to be damaged for it to impact aggro. It works well when I use sentries (I generally do get aggro from enemies when I start repping my sentry drones that are damage... though often it's easier just to recall, relaunch and then rep)

Range becomes the main issue. But there is one e-war module that you can use to target your drones (as opposed to enemies) that has a fairly long range and a small capacitor use. Doesn't help you all that much... but since I've started using it I get almost no aggro on my drones (again... unless I screw up triggers).


Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#22 - 2017-07-24 19:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
Mike Voidstar wrote:

Man, I love it when you overdose on the hyperbole.

Having a reliable tool does not mean it's a one shot solution that requires no further action or sacrifice.


Reliable means it works all the time. Otherwise it is the definition of unreliable. So it's not going to happen.

Your experience with drones isn't universal. When i pull drones in and redeploy them npc's don't automatically go for the same drone, or even go for any drones after being pulled in.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#23 - 2017-07-24 19:56:38 UTC
Reliable means it works predictably. It does not mean it would simply shut all agro off all the time, just that you know what it will do when you use it. ECM is random, yet reliable, for instance.

When we discuss PvE, you are talking about a lot of ships, which might not all be affected at once, or some may have resistance to it, or may have a significant cooldown, or other wrinkles.

Right now there are zero tools to deal with this issue. When you start having to shut off your guns or missiles to deal with a problem, this will be OK... but as it stands, drones are far, far to fragile to be at all compared to ship based weapons as a balancing factor.

I have personally tested every trick I've ever heard of to deal with aggroed drones. None work at all. Yes, I've used all kinds of Ewar, Reps, etc... I pull them in. At first I finally trained sentries, which I hated, and then eventually just jumped into mauraders and gave up drone ships completely, because the hassle and drawbacks are not made up for by the advantages of drones....as it stands, the advantages are completely nullified.

You constantly have to pull drones back in, which means they lose the advantage of dealing with Ewar because they won't attack things until you shoot, get shot by an enemy that wasn't previously attacking, or directly command them.

You cannot let drones get far enough from your ship to be useful. They aren't blasters, and they should not be limited to less range than blasters. Nor is it reasonable that I should have to keep them that close when they want to go further constantly on their own, so I have to constantly recall them off of targets.

It cuts their DPS to a fraction of what it should be, which was already not super to begin with---they used to make it up in application, but since you can't let them wander or leave them out for more than a minute or two at a time they don't really have that anymore.

All of which would be fine, if there were a way to either deal with the agro, or a far superior way to deal with the damage, like specialized reps with 60k range that only work on drones and don't require a target lock, modules to improve their tank or redirect damage back to your own ship, etc...

You don't have to enable AFK combat to improve the situation, and the situation is in serious need of improvement.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#24 - 2017-07-25 14:21:15 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
like specialized reps with 60k range that only work on drones and don't require a target lock, modules to improve their tank or redirect damage back to your own ship, etc...

This statement tells me everything I need to know about how and why you have so many problems losing drones. In PvE drones should NEVER be 60k out from your ship. If you allow them to wander off that far your drones losses are not a game problem and they are definitely not an agro problem they are the direct result of PILOT ERROR.

Moving on, since the drone agro change there are people like you Mike Voidstar and the OP that are constantly complaining about the drone agro, the losses as a result of it and how it needs to change. And yet there are those like myself and Daichi that have adapted to life as a drones pilot in this new age of agro mechanics and as a result we have very little problems and very few drones losses. One could look at these and simply say that things are working as intended and that the only changes needed are to your expectations and to the way you employ your drones.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#25 - 2017-07-25 14:46:30 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
You cannot let drones get far enough from your ship to be useful.

How far do they need to go to be useful? And I am asking that as a serious question.

I never let heavies or the Gecko go out more than 8k to 10k because the larger slower targets you would use them on are easy prey for the Garde from there out to about 30k to 35k.

I never let mediums go out more than 12k to 15k because at that range out to 30k to 35k the Garde can deal with them, and even if they can't then simply ignore them and work on other targets until they get closer.

I rarely let lights go out more than 20k to 25k because on an average anything that is 20k to 25k or more out is usually moving in a straight line directly towards you so they are easy prey for the Garde. Again those that the Garde cannot hit you simply ignore them until they are closer in.

At ranges past 30k to 35k the Garde start to have issues because they trade range to gain DPS and tracking. However at those ranges the Curator, Bouncer and Warden all start to come into their own and can easily pick off even fast moving frigates because most of them are heading straight towards you so there are very few tracking problems.

And the answer is no this is not how I employ drones because of the new agro mechanics, this is how I have ALWAYS employed my drones because it has proven to be the best way to employ them. It has the added benefit that I did not need to make changes to adapt to the new agro mechanics.

Yes I still spend most of my time flying drones ships with the Ishtar, Gila, Domi and Rattle getting the vast majority of that time. I do fly the Tristan a lot when running lower level missions etc with new players although I occasionally fly a Worm or Astero instead.
Scialt
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#26 - 2017-07-25 16:26:46 UTC
Okay... I'll simply spell it out.

Remote sensor booster.

Work at long range (though they are less likely to "connect" at longer ranges). Don't cost much cap.

Warp in. Wait for ships to aggro your ship. Pop drones. Target a drone. Activate remote sensor booster. Send drones to wipe out ships.

You will NEVER get drone aggro as long as you don't trigger the next wave of a site before killing all the ships in the current wave.

So if you are running an anomaly where the next wave doesn't spawn until the current wave is gone... you will never have your drones get aggro. The remote sensor booster doesn't really help all that much... but you aren't running it for the boost, you're running it to control aggro.

Now... if you kill a trigger ship mid wave and more ships arrive, the newly arriving ships MAY target your drones because of the damage the drones are doing before being drawn in by the booster. In that scenario you do have to recall the drones and then pop them out again and apply the sensor booster again. But that's an avoidable scenario.
Scialt
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#27 - 2017-07-25 16:33:36 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Mike Voidstar wrote:
You cannot let drones get far enough from your ship to be useful.

How far do they need to go to be useful? And I am asking that as a serious question.

I never let heavies or the Gecko go out more than 8k to 10k because the larger slower targets you would use them on are easy prey for the Garde from there out to about 30k to 35k.

I never let mediums go out more than 12k to 15k because at that range out to 30k to 35k the Garde can deal with them, and even if they can't then simply ignore them and work on other targets until they get closer.

I rarely let lights go out more than 20k to 25k because on an average anything that is 20k to 25k or more out is usually moving in a straight line directly towards you so they are easy prey for the Garde. Again those that the Garde cannot hit you simply ignore them until they are closer in.

At ranges past 30k to 35k the Garde start to have issues because they trade range to gain DPS and tracking. However at those ranges the Curator, Bouncer and Warden all start to come into their own and can easily pick off even fast moving frigates because most of them are heading straight towards you so there are very few tracking problems.

And the answer is no this is not how I employ drones because of the new agro mechanics, this is how I have ALWAYS employed my drones because it has proven to be the best way to employ them. It has the added benefit that I did not need to make changes to adapt to the new agro mechanics.

Yes I still spend most of my time flying drones ships with the Ishtar, Gila, Domi and Rattle getting the vast majority of that time. I do fly the Tristan a lot when running lower level missions etc with new players although I occasionally fly a Worm or Astero instead.


Tactics with sentry drones are very different than ships that are not sentry focused. It comes down to being stationary vs being in motion.

If I run a speed tanked ishtar or VNI... sentries aren't an option. My ship is orbiting something (usually a MTU) at high speed, the drones need to be able to operate within my orbit radius effectively. Drone aggro was a problem for me when I came back (didn't really exist when I left eve)... until I found the counter that kept aggo away. My heavies (with enough tracking to kill frigates) were getting targeted constantly and were slow enough that sometimes they'd get popped because my orbit had taken me 40-60km away from the target.

But... the remote sensor booster kept aggro on my ship. Completely fixed the issue. It just took me some experimentation with various e-war modules to find one that worked with my cap (so it can be perma-run) and effectively drew aggro.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#28 - 2017-07-25 17:00:15 UTC
Have people forgotten that the op is using a proteus? He can get as close as he wants and tank just fine.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Haruka Ovaert
A Syndicate of Unfortunate Events
#29 - 2017-07-25 19:33:13 UTC
I'm having issues as well with drone agro. I'm using a Rattlesnake, passive shield regen fit. I always need to thin out the NPC's a lot before I can even attempt to let my drones loose, because if I don't I lose them within seconds, and when trying to prevent that the drones barely get one shot off, if any, on a target before I need to recall them with a 50/50 chance of losing drones on the way back.

Li Soikutsu
Vorticon Corporation
#30 - 2017-07-25 20:48:31 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Have people forgotten that the op is using a proteus? He can get as close as he wants and tank just fine.


Yes I am using a Proteus. However I don't think most people reallise how bad drone aggro is in DED sites.
Tommorrow If I'll find the time I will try to record the insane amount of aggression drones get in not anomalies but DED sites.
according to some I should keep my heavys within 8km then drones are by far the worst weapon system....
There for i seriously doubt that CCP planned for drones to be used like that. I mean why get all these drone speed bonuses etc if they should be like right next to your ship what's the point....

Anyways incoming recording of DED site drone aggression ASAP.

Also thanks for keeping the thread civil o/

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#31 - 2017-07-25 20:58:46 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Mike Voidstar wrote:
You cannot let drones get far enough from your ship to be useful.

How far do they need to go to be useful? And I am asking that as a serious question.

I never let heavies or the Gecko go out more than 8k to 10k because the larger slower targets you would use them on are easy prey for the Garde from there out to about 30k to 35k.

I never let mediums go out more than 12k to 15k because at that range out to 30k to 35k the Garde can deal with them, and even if they can't then simply ignore them and work on other targets until they get closer.

I rarely let lights go out more than 20k to 25k because on an average anything that is 20k to 25k or more out is usually moving in a straight line directly towards you so they are easy prey for the Garde. Again those that the Garde cannot hit you simply ignore them until they are closer in.

At ranges past 30k to 35k the Garde start to have issues because they trade range to gain DPS and tracking. However at those ranges the Curator, Bouncer and Warden all start to come into their own and can easily pick off even fast moving frigates because most of them are heading straight towards you so there are very few tracking problems.

And the answer is no this is not how I employ drones because of the new agro mechanics, this is how I have ALWAYS employed my drones because it has proven to be the best way to employ them. It has the added benefit that I did not need to make changes to adapt to the new agro mechanics.

Yes I still spend most of my time flying drones ships with the Ishtar, Gila, Domi and Rattle getting the vast majority of that time. I do fly the Tristan a lot when running lower level missions etc with new players although I occasionally fly a Worm or Astero instead.



Right... see, the 'advantages' of combat drones were supposed to be application at range, and their ability to dilute the effectiveness of Ewar by autonomous targeting. You pay for it with lowered DPS and Destructibility. Problem is, that balance was set before the AI change, and their destructiblity went from occasional to all the time in every mission.

If you can't let your drones get beyond blaster range, then there is no point to not using blasters. They don't have range anymore. Basic drone skills alone let them get out to 60k, with one of the few drone modules extending that. 60k should be an optimal operating range for the things, not less than 20k. So you work around the problem by using them at ranges less than the shortest range weapon system in the Game? Yay, you are a god sir. No problem at all, I guess...

They may technically retain their ability to apply damage to targets of all sizes... except the targets that is helpful on are the ones that have the easiest time destroying them. Now that they are constantly targeted, you spend more time pulling them off targets to maintain the short range or recalling them to the bay than you do actually using them, reducing their DPS even more. Good thing they finally gave us those damage boosters to make up a fraction of what was lost in the AI change, eh?

And then we have the Ewar advantage. Except that Drone AI wasn't fixed with the NPC AI. Now that you have to constantly pull them in you can no longer wait for the drones to kill the ECM/Dampening ships because even on aggressive they just sit there until something new starts firing or you directly command them.

Nearly every advantage over guns has been nullified by the AI change. It is a fine idea, and I was happy to see PvE *finally* get a bit of love from the devs.... but it was a poor and lazy job that was rolled out prematurely and without proper development... and of course since it was PvE it was just left as is.


Scialt
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#32 - 2017-07-26 13:14:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Scialt
Li Soikutsu wrote:
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Have people forgotten that the op is using a proteus? He can get as close as he wants and tank just fine.


Yes I am using a Proteus. However I don't think most people reallise how bad drone aggro is in DED sites.
Tommorrow If I'll find the time I will try to record the insane amount of aggression drones get in not anomalies but DED sites.
according to some I should keep my heavys within 8km then drones are by far the worst weapon system....
There for i seriously doubt that CCP planned for drones to be used like that. I mean why get all these drone speed bonuses etc if they should be like right next to your ship what's the point....

Anyways incoming recording of DED site drone aggression ASAP.

Also thanks for keeping the thread civil o/



It may be different for me in a Rattlesnake than a proteus is... but I've never had too much of a problem (even with not using any e-war for aggro control). Now that may be because the missiles from the snake help keep aggro a bit and my "heavy" drone system is a gecko rather than heavy drones... and with the 275% role bonus to drone HP the gecko is pretty darn tanky. I pretty much send out lights to kill frigates and destroyers (which don't get aggro from anything other than frigs and destroyers), then launch the gecko and tear through everything while my cruise missiles smash the larger ships who are further away.

I sometimes lose a light drone and once every 5-10 runs I may have to pull back my Gecko for a bit due to a worry about damage... but nothing even remotely like others describe. I'm mainly running 6/10 and 8/10... I hadn't been running sites all that long when CCP nerfed the escalation percentages from anoms into the ground (haven't gotten one in ages... probably 100-150 anom's run with no luck)

I generally run anoms in VNI/ishtar fits which use a remote sensor booster to control aggro. When I ran without one my drones would get targeted constantly. Since switching to use one I only get drone aggro if I trigger the next wave of an anomaly without clearing the current wave. If I trigger the wave properly, my drones sit until the rats aggro me (due to the remote sensor booster), then they attack and I never get drone aggro as long as the booster is running.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#33 - 2017-07-26 14:51:56 UTC
Haruka Ovaert wrote:
I'm having issues as well with drone agro. I'm using a Rattlesnake, passive shield regen fit. I always need to thin out the NPC's a lot before I can even attempt to let my drones loose, because if I don't I lose them within seconds, and when trying to prevent that the drones barely get one shot off, if any, on a target before I need to recall them with a 50/50 chance of losing drones on the way back.



In a rattler you have sentries and super tanked heavies that needn't go further than 20km. What in the hell are you doing? Honestly, what do you mean by 'let my drones loose'?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#34 - 2017-07-26 15:31:45 UTC
Not everyone likes using the immobile sentries.

Combat drones naturally go 60km on just skills, that should be their useful range. Blasters go about 20km with short range ammo, if you need to limit a weapon that is supposed to have range as an advantage at shorter range than the shortest range weapon with short range ammo loaded, something needs fixing.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#35 - 2017-07-27 00:28:18 UTC
Blasters goto 20km? Nice hax...

Drone control range goes to 60km. That doesn't mean you should be able to send combat drone that far without them getting shot at. Why would it?

Doesn't matter what you like or don't like. Eve by its very nature does not give you everything you want. It gives you meaningful choices. Use the right tool for the job. I.e use sentries for targets beyond 20km, or fit for drone speed, or use some e-war, or use another weapon system all together.

Op should do a video using blasters at 20km. I'm sure they'll out perform drones no problem. Lol.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#36 - 2017-07-27 02:07:37 UTC
Blasters easily go to 20k on a Battleship. With some longer range ammo you can get it out quite a bit further.

I didn't say they should not be shot at. I said their useful operational range should be in that area.

According to you their useful operational range is about 25km on the fastest variety, and at that I'm sure that those less god-like than you will be losing them consistently.

Drones aren't ammo. I can't load up 5000 of them for next to nothing and just blow them out into space. They need to be survivable in their intended useful envelope. That envelope should not be limited to 1/3 of their unaugmented range.

That means improving their survivability in some fashion, either by being able to handle the agro issues in some fashion, or improving it in other ways. The AI change was a straight up heavy nerf to drones, which were balanced just fine before the change. If they wanted to kill the AFK part I'm 100% behind that, but they should not have made the change without compensating the nerf with something that makes up for the usefulness that was lost.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#37 - 2017-07-27 10:08:57 UTC
Sentry drones are useful at 60km. Doesn't mean combat drones need to be for ratting.

Battleship blasters are doing less than half damage at 20km with antimatter. Their fall off is at 16km ish. To put that into context, a vindicator's blasters do less damage than a domi with gardes/orgres at that range (and the domi has better tracking too)

So when you say a drones operational range is worse than blasters you're pushing it. Now go back to how the op is using a proteus with a fall off at around 13km ish if he was using a blaster subsystem. Blasters just dont compare to drones in useful range, not even against combat drones getting shot a lot. Then add the other advantages of using drones...

Where you say drones didn't get compensated, they did, they got a big speed buff.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#38 - 2017-07-27 14:48:58 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:

Right... see, the 'advantages' of combat drones were supposed to be application at range, and their ability to dilute the effectiveness of Ewar by autonomous targeting. You pay for it with lowered DPS and Destructibility. Problem is, that balance was set before the AI change, and their destructiblity went from occasional to all the time in every mission.

No you are wrong in all possible ways.
The ability to choose a weapon that meets the size, damge type and range requirement for any given target were and still are the only real advantage drones have or ever had. And yet within that flexibility there are still sentry drones that excel at long range engagements, and those sentry drones are superior to any other drone for that role because ZERO travel time and this is even more important now with the increased agro we have to deal with.

You like many others were seduced by the lazy mans launch, set aggressive mode and ignore them aspect of what drones used to be. For whatever reason CCP decided that the lazy mans way you were seduced into will carry a penalty of continual drones losses for those who refuse to change. As I stated it is obvious that the changes and the game are working as intended, those of you who refuse to adapt are losing drones constantly, those of us that are willing and have adapted to the new norm are not losing drones.

I guess that thing the PvP types are always telling the carebears applies here as well.
Adapt, die or get out.

Mike Voidstar wrote:
Not everyone likes using the immobile sentries.

Then you better learn to like replacing drones because not using those immobile sentries are a huge part of why you are losing so many drones.

Mike Voidstar wrote:
Combat drones naturally go 60km on just skills, that should be their useful range.

Yet another indicator of YOUR problems with drones, you confuse maximum limits with practical operational limits. See the ship, your fit and your character skills all combine together to set the absolute maximum limit you can use drones at. The practical operational range will vary dependent on the specifics of each engagement but it will ALWAYS be less than that maximum range unless you use sentry drones. As an example if you have drones out at 15k, you are attentive to their damage indicators and recall as soon as they are taking damge, yet they are destroyed before they can return to the bay then you have exceeded their practical operational range under those circumstances. And yet in another engagement with less argo or less overall damage you may be able to extend that practical operational range to 50k or more. In short because you can use drone at a specific range does not mean you should use them at that range.

To be short and blunt.
You and the others like you are the primary factor in your drones loses. Your lack of understanding the intricate details of a weapons system, how and why it works the way it does and how you should employ them combined with your unwillingness or inability to adapt to changing conditions have result in unacceptably high losses. Considering that there are those out here in EvE land that are willing to change and have changed and we have very few drones losses means this agro thing is a personal problem not a problem with the game.
Scialt
Cynosural Edge
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#39 - 2017-07-27 15:00:13 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Blasters easily go to 20k on a Battleship. With some longer range ammo you can get it out quite a bit further.

I didn't say they should not be shot at. I said their useful operational range should be in that area.

According to you their useful operational range is about 25km on the fastest variety, and at that I'm sure that those less god-like than you will be losing them consistently.

Drones aren't ammo. I can't load up 5000 of them for next to nothing and just blow them out into space. They need to be survivable in their intended useful envelope. That envelope should not be limited to 1/3 of their unaugmented range.

That means improving their survivability in some fashion, either by being able to handle the agro issues in some fashion, or improving it in other ways. The AI change was a straight up heavy nerf to drones, which were balanced just fine before the change. If they wanted to kill the AFK part I'm 100% behind that, but they should not have made the change without compensating the nerf with something that makes up for the usefulness that was lost.


I feel like you aren't reading what people are telling you in this thread.

Fit a remote sensor booster (takes up a mid slot). Turn it on (targeting a drone) after you get aggressed by the site. Make sure you don't trigger the next wave until the current wave is done (or be ready to recall the drones if you can't avoid it). In my experience this will keep your drones from becoming targeted.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#40 - 2017-07-27 16:45:54 UTC
D, you are funny, and making a lot of assumptions.


Firstly, I actually enjoyed EVE as a game. I never 'played' it AFK. I never allowed my drones to roam free, and in fact have never used the aggressive setting except to test how useless it is.

I prefer combat drones to sentries because they move. Period. I don't like to enter a pocket and just park, I like to move around, even if only to the next gate. Understand I HATE sentries because they make me have to sit still. I have used them, but I seriously don't like them.

All that drek you talk about being able to select a drone regardless of range and size of target means....wait for it.... application at range. That was their advantage. The *useful* range has been completely stripped away, and most of the damage too as they now spend almost all their time popping in and out of the drone bay. Yes it's still possible to use them, but there is absolutely no reason to do so over simply using a Marauder. I didn't even bother training Marauders until after the AI change, and it was because of this issue.

No, Sensor Boosters don't get anymore agro than other ewar or boosts. I have tested this extensively. There is always a point where the AI decides drones must die, and at that point they eat them. I'm simply not going to play glued to one spot as only sentries can survive long enough to do anything, or rabidly watch the range on the combat drones since there is no way to tether them close.

60K isn't a maximum. That's just what you get from skills alone. You can use the module and rig to go far further. Forgive me if I would like to actually use the skills I trained.

I know you like to assume you are all godlike and a supa expert, but just because you 'solved' the issue by turning your drones into a shorter range weapon system than blasters does not mean the situation is good.
Previous page12