These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

[Max Profit PI] As Easy as PI: Video How-To on P2 to P4 Chains

Author
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-03-03 00:50:21 UTC
TL;DR: Do factory PI (converting P2 to P4) in Perimeter; it's not aids, here's a guide (free) and a spreadsheet (for sale), and very lucrative for minimal effort.

There are 3 major problems that keep people from doing the most profitable form of Planetary Interaction, factory-only P2 to P4 chains:


  1. Setting up PI is a major pain in the ass if you don't know what you're doing. If you do know what you're doing, it's just a quick and painful clickfest.
  2. Figuring out what P4 is profitable.
  3. Determining how much of which P2s you need to run your factories for "x" amount of time.


I've solved all three of these problems, and now I'm here to show you how it's done.



Problem #1: The setup

So what is the most efficient setup, and what skills do you need? What ship should you fly, and how should you fit it without requiring more skill training on an alt? How many skill injectors do I need? How much tax do I need to account for? What's the setup cost? What's the p2 input cost?

All of these are valid, and very important questions to getting PI "right." All of these are answered in this HowDoI PI video, and each step is walked through so you can follow along at your own pace to replicate the setup yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8dvL__RYlE

The video walks you through two different setups, one for people with Command Center Upgrades 4 (which enables you to efficiently make Nano-Factory, Organic Mortar Applicators, and Sterile Conduits) and one for us autists with CCU 5 (which enables you to efficiently make Broadcast Node, Integrity Response Drones, Recursive Computing Modules, Self-Harmonizing Power Cores, and Wetware Mainframes).

The video also provides all of the following necessities to make a perfect P2 to P4 chain:


  • Skill Requirements
  • Ship Fitting (with no additional training)
  • Factory PI setup
  • Startup costs
  • P2 daily input costs
  • Profitability
  • Hauling




Problem #2: What is profitable?

Currently, every single P2 to P4 chain is profitable at the 6% Perimeter POCO tax rate even if you get your P2 from Jita Sell, and list your P4 on Jita Sell. Keep in mind you are in Perimeter, and as such don't have to worry about shipping costs since you're right next to Jita (cuts down on any additional time required, and removes any shipping fees, a major profit-killer). As of this post, here is the current profitability of each P2 to P4 chain (6% POCO tax, 0 shipping cost, 0.1% broker's fee because the IChooseYou Fortizar, 1% sales tax), with the columns labelled as "input method -> output method:"

http://i.imgur.com/89wSE7l.jpg



Problem #3: How much P2 do I need?

Simply put, if you are following the CCU4 guide, you need 1,920 of each p2 required (and 3,840 of the p1) per planet for 24 hours of run-time. CCU5 guide? 1,440 of each p2 per planet for 24 hours of run-time.

That's all well and good, you say, but how can I track which p4 is most profitable, or how much of each p2 I need if I'm running P2 -> P4 chains of multiple types of P4 and have a fluctuating inventory of P2?

When things get complicated, EVE does best in spreadsheet form. Again, I have a solution, but this is for sale as it's directed towards the more mass-industry minded folk than a simple newcomer to factory PI.

Here's a video of the spreadsheet in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79XUvT_OaY

If you're interested in purchasing, please see my EVE forum post. I have many very satisfied buyers, and I provide all updates free of charge.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=512203



But HowDoI, I don't understand or like percentages, how much can I expect to make per character?

At the current rates and following either my CCU4 or CCU5 guide in the video, profit per character (this means 5 planets of P2 -> P4 chain) at the Jita Sell -> Jita Sell listed above is 14m-80m per 24 hour cycle. At the Jita Buy -> Jita Sell (most common method used), 51m-172m per character per 24 hour cycle in pure profit.

But but HowDoI, there's a ton of extra time involved outside the 6-8 minutes per character of moving P2 and P4 between citadel and POCO, isn't there?

Yes and no. If you get all your P2 through Jita Sell, then there is barely any additional time since you're in Perimeter and don't need to worry about using a jump freighter service. If you're using buy orders and are patient (update once or twice a day), they will fill with varying times depending on how much you're making and of which types of P4.
Also, my spreadsheet linked above conveniently displays whether it's better to just use Jita Sell, or to make buy orders, according to current prices and accounting for all taxes and fees.



So there you have it. PI is now easily reachable and POCO tax-cheap (use Perimeter), with no shipping costs/wait times (use Perimeter), and you have a step-by-step video to walk you through whichever format you desire to use. Additionally, my spreadsheet provides a plethora of extremely useful isk and time-saving information/calculations, no matter where your PI setup is in New Eden, so give it a look and decide if it's worth it for you!

Thanks for reading, now get out there and do some PI!

Regards,
Shot
Gobbins
Pandemic Horde Hld.
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2017-03-05 08:41:24 UTC
Cheap POCOs are available in Perimeter
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-03-05 11:05:07 UTC
Gobbins wrote:
Cheap POCOs are available in Perimeter

Lol, you seem really desperate for ISK. Roll

I'm my own NPC alt.

KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2017-03-05 11:52:55 UTC  |  Edited by: KATASKOPOS
Thanx but no thanx. No one should buy this. POCOs taxes are subject of change and they will change. My informers reports that PANFAM are altering the POCO taxes to 15 % (Customs code expertise to lvl 5) soon in Perimeter like they did this weekend on New Caldari.

So this is clearly a trap. They tempt people with high earnings and low POCO taxes and then they change POCO taxes to higher valumes rendering wither your PI useless or very expensive to maintain. In the mean time there is an attempt to sell spreadsheets. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.


There is a plethora of alternative tools really free out there Fuzzworks PI , Adam4EVE PI profitablity and chains are considered the top.


Now go and make some PI profits. Do not use Perimeter taxes are about to change to higher rates and choose your planets wisely. Do not fall for various rediculus spreadsheet sales and such traps. Somebody wants to laugh and make fool of you.
KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-03-05 11:55:18 UTC  |  Edited by: KATASKOPOS
Tipa Riot wrote:
Gobbins wrote:
Cheap POCOs are available in Perimeter

Lol, you seem really desperate for ISK. Roll



Ofcourse they are desperate of isk . The recent Pandemic Heist remains a major butthurt deeply in their wallets and they try to find ways to make money fooling people around.


Also there is a lie about IchooseYou fortizar broker's fee. The rate is not 0,1% as the OP says. This is not true. It is and allaways will be 0% FOREVER.

See the proof with your own eyes.


PANFAM broker's fee is higher


Clearely some one is trying to fool us all. Nice try have a nice day. Cool
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-03-05 12:25:22 UTC
KATASKOPOS wrote:

Also there is a lie about IchooseYou fortizar broker's fee. The rate is not 0,1% as the OP says. This is not true. It is and allaways will be 0% FOREVER.

Nice troll, IchooseYou = PanFam (due to Gobbins gets a profit share). Also the fee is at 0% currently. This has changed in the past (also stealth) and will change again, because IchooseYou has to pay Gobbins, which is not possible if he earns nothing.

If you want to be safe from "surprises" join https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6860321#post6860321

I'm my own NPC alt.

Hired poder
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-03-05 12:28:21 UTC
The Code. will be monitoring the Perimeter traffic more closely.
Kapsoulas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-03-05 13:02:28 UTC
Now who is rekted ?
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#9 - 2017-03-05 15:52:17 UTC  |  Edited by: HowDoI Shot
Can honestly say I wasn't expecting the conspiracy theories to come flooding out of the woodworks. Even if they were true, why not make the money while the getting is good, just like rorqs, rather than not play at all?

KATASKOPOS wrote:
Thanx but no thanx. No one should buy this. POCOs taxes are subject of change and they will change. My informers reports that PANFAM are altering the POCO taxes to 15 % (Customs code expertise to lvl 5) soon in Perimeter like they did this weekend on New Caldari.

So this is clearly a trap. They tempt people with high earnings and low POCO taxes and then they change POCO taxes to higher valumes rendering wither your PI useless or very expensive to maintain. In the mean time there is an attempt to sell spreadsheets. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.


There is a plethora of alternative tools really free out there Fuzzworks PI , Adam4EVE PI profitablity and chains are considered the top.


Now go and make some PI profits. Do not use Perimeter taxes are about to change to higher rates and choose your planets wisely. Do not fall for various rediculus spreadsheet sales and such traps. Somebody wants to laugh and make fool of you.

This reads like someone who's income is threatened and is grasping at straws to try and dissuade people who already do high-sec PI from doing it at the cheapest high sec (and closest to jita) POCOs there are.

Also, the perimeter ICY fort has been seeded with 14b of P2, and more is on the way daily.
KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-03-05 16:35:25 UTC  |  Edited by: KATASKOPOS
TLDR :

Fact: Pandemic Horde's recent heist fiasco cost them above 100Billions.The exact ammount is more than double higher but kept secret for prestige. Butts hurt and many (in general Pandemic consortioum) still feel sore due to fame detraction. They need to make isk and fast. Pandemic Legion's whips are felt on pets backs.

Fact : The New Caldari PanFam installed POCOs had lower Taxes just 1% above Perimeter POCO taxes sinces last Jita region siege by PanFam. Various people do high-sec PI there.

Fact : Said taxes were raised by 8% in one weekend.Above mentioned people kissed bye bye their profits to PanFam's pets. It worth less to just expedite launch the products and it takes only 1 minute countdown between launches with the link towards the command center fully upgraded.

Fact : PanFam's pet miraculously apears in forums encouraging people to do and do PI on Perimeter. Extra bonus same pet sells questionable excell (like if those who take PI seriously do not have their own). Obviously he aims for newbies at least on PI.

Fact : Perimeter POCO taxes are about to change in the same ammount as New Caldari in the near future. Rumours have it that they where threated with disband. Like they

Fact : PanFam looking for fools to trap in PI market. Factories need farmed P0 to P1 materials which the market is controlled by PanFam's pets and alts and other major nullsec alliances.

Fact : PI is only profitable either in nullsec or WH space. Everywhere else is just a joke.

Fact : If one is really after highsec PI, there is no need to rely on PanFams POCO taxes just because today are low and are one jump from Jita. There are other solar systems close with lower taxes ie Veisto has very low taxes for over a year and is only 3 jumps away.

Fact : I feel sorry for sore butts but hey this is EVE.
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#11 - 2017-03-05 16:52:00 UTC
KATASKOPOS wrote:
TLDR :

1 Fact: Pandemic Horde's recent heist fiasco cost them above 100Billions.The exact ammount is more than double higher but kept secret for prestige. Butts hurt and many (in general Pandemic consortioum) still feel sore due to fame detraction. They need to make isk and fast. Pandemic Legion's whips are felt on pets backs.

2 Fact : The New Caldari PanFam installed POCOs had lower Taxes just 1% above Perimeter POCO taxes sinces last Jita region siege by PanFam. Various people do high-sec PI there.

3 Fact : Said taxes were raised by 8% in one weekend.Above mentioned people kissed bye bye their profits to PanFam's pets. It worth less to just expedite launch the products and it takes only 1 minute countdown between launches with the link towards the command center fully upgraded.

4 Fact : PanFam's pet miraculously apears in forums encouraging people to do and do PI on Perimeter. Extra bonus same pet sells questionable excell (like if those who take PI seriously do not have their own).

5 Fact : Perimeter POCO taxes are about to change in the same ammount as New Caldari in the near future. Rumours have it that they where threated with disband. Like they

6 Fact : PanFam looking for fools to trap in PI market. Factories need farmed P0 to P1 materials which the market is controlled by PanFam's pets and alts and other major nullsec alliances.

7 Fact : PI is only profitable either in nullsec or WH space. Everywhere else is just a joke.

8 Fact : I feel sorry for sore butts but hey this is EVE.


1 it didn't cost PH anything, it hurt some of the members. I haven't seen any solid evidence of total numbers, and your goon link's 100b is pure speculation without proper screenshots.

2 1% is a large difference for some people, to others not so much. No disagreement here, low taxes are good for everyone.

3 Launching up in space is just fine too. More tedious, yes, but it works. I see no problem with doing that.

4 TBH Gobbins was not happy I linked the spreadsheet sale thread, but I did that for my own profits and has nothing to do with him.

5 Rumors and anecdotal fallacies from someone linking goon news. I belieb u bb, iz ok.

6 The PI market is much too large to be controlled by one party. I'd love to see factual, empirical evidence of this occurring. Otherwise, more ~~narrative~~ from a goon pet.

7 PI is profitable in all secs, with equal profitability between NS (paying shipping fees) and HS (no shipping fees, no broker fees in perimeter, no hauling time). I have backed this up with the images linked in the original post. Factual, empirical evidence.

8. ~~~~Thinking~~~~~~~~~~
KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-03-05 17:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: KATASKOPOS
HowDoI Shot wrote:

1 it didn't cost PH anything, it hurt some of the members. I haven't seen any solid evidence of total numbers, and your goon link's 100b is pure speculation without proper screenshots.

2 1% is a large difference for some people, to others not so much. No disagreement here, low taxes are good for everyone.

3 Launching up in space is just fine too. More tedious, yes, but it works. I see no problem with doing that.

4 TBH Gobbins was not happy I linked the spreadsheet sale thread, but I did that for my own profits and has nothing to do with him.

5 Rumors and anecdotal fallacies from someone linking goon news. I belieb u bb, iz ok.

6 The PI market is much too large to be controlled by one party. I'd love to see factual, empirical evidence of this occurring. Otherwise, more ~~narrative~~ from a goon pet.

7 PI is profitable in all secs, with equal profitability between NS (paying shipping fees) and HS (no shipping fees, no broker fees in perimeter, no hauling time). I have backed this up with the images linked in the original post. Factual, empirical evidence.

8. ~~~~Thinking~~~~~~~~~~



1. No one trully fair and reasonable expect POCOs in empire to have 0 taxes but 15% with custom's code expertise on lvl5 is a joke. Friendly advice here is to not be greedy and keep low the taxes so more people come and use your POCOs = more money for you.

2. This is your own opinion and is treated as such. You have the right of having one.

3. It is not tedious at all. It is high pleasure when one avoids insanely high taxes.

4. I am not interested in what is going on between you Gobbins or any Gobbins. That said I am only responsible for my own actions. Just like every one in EVE and IRL.

5. I have no affilation with Goons what so ever. If you do not believe me it is not my problem, I am responsible for my own believes and only for them. The link was just handy it was filled with facts that every one and their mothers know. And every information was in one place for ease of reading. Do not act like.....problem surfaces = It is Goons. It is a child's joke.

6. Such evidence information is gathered bye means of years of experiance, various intelligence collection through various channels and timeless personal work and it is not to be given away freely. Forgive me but I value all this more than your pocketbook currently is. You do not expect me to betray my insiders, do you?

7. Again this is a subjective opinion. Not an objective one and is treated as such.

8. ~~~~~Do it harder, it works in the end~~~~~~
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#13 - 2017-03-05 17:25:13 UTC  |  Edited by: HowDoI Shot
KATASKOPOS wrote:
HowDoI Shot wrote:

1 it didn't cost PH anything, it hurt some of the members. I haven't seen any solid evidence of total numbers, and your goon link's 100b is pure speculation without proper screenshots.

2 1% is a large difference for some people, to others not so much. No disagreement here, low taxes are good for everyone.

3 Launching up in space is just fine too. More tedious, yes, but it works. I see no problem with doing that.

4 TBH Gobbins was not happy I linked the spreadsheet sale thread, but I did that for my own profits and has nothing to do with him.

5 Rumors and anecdotal fallacies from someone linking goon news. I belieb u bb, iz ok.

6 The PI market is much too large to be controlled by one party. I'd love to see factual, empirical evidence of this occurring. Otherwise, more ~~narrative~~ from a goon pet.

7 PI is profitable in all secs, with equal profitability between NS (paying shipping fees) and HS (no shipping fees, no broker fees in perimeter, no hauling time). I have backed this up with the images linked in the original post. Factual, empirical evidence.

8. ~~~~Thinking~~~~~~~~~~



1. No one trully fair and reasonable expect POCOs in empire to have 0 taxes but 15% with custom's code expertise on lvl5 is a joke. Friendly advice here is to not be greedy and keep low the taxes so more people come and use your POCOs = more money for you.

2. This is your own opinion and is treated as such. You have the right of having one.

3. It is not tedious at all. It is high pleasure when one avoids insanely high taxes.

4. I am not interested in what is going on between you Gobbins or any Gobbins. That said I am only responsible for my own actions. Just like every one in EVE and IRL.

5. I have no affilation with Goons what so ever. If you do not believe me it is not my problem, I am responsible for my own believes and only for them. The link was just handy it was filled with facts that every one and their mothers know. And every information was in one place for ease of reading. Do not act like.....problem surfaces = It is Goons. It is a child's joke.

6. Such evidence information is gathered bye means of years of experiance, various intelligence collection through various channels and timeless personal work and it is not to be given away freely. Forgive me but I value all this more than your pocketbook currently is. You do not expect me to betray my insiders, do you?

7. Again this is a subjective opinion. Not an objective one and is treated as such.

8. ~~~~~Do it harder, it works in the end~~~~~~


1 You skipped this one, but answered 2 instead. Maintaining a low tax to spur the economy and in turn drive more use for more revenue is what worked with citadels. I don't see POCO taxes shooting up like your ~rumors~ have led you to believe. The minor spike in temporary profit would not be worth the long-term reduction.

4 If you weren't interested you wouldn't have brought up your conspiracy theory in the first place.

5 Link goon narrative, spin the same anti-horde narrative, whether or not you're a goon you toe their line. Not an issue if you admit it (like how I toe the PH line).

6 If you can't show the evidence, it's speculation and requires trust in the speaker (you). You have failed to provide actual evidence, and instead provided speculation, anecdotes, and opinions that you preface with the word "fact." Unfortunately, simply declaring an observation a fact does not make it a fact in truth.
nStedt
1st Furtive
The Culture.
#14 - 2017-03-06 08:13:25 UTC
I hope everyone listens to all the conspirancy haters. Dont do any PI at all, its the only way to be sure...

In the meantime, its just more profit for the people who does PI.
KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2017-03-06 13:23:01 UTC  |  Edited by: KATASKOPOS
nStedt wrote:
I hope everyone listens to all the conspirancy haters. Dont do any PI at all, its the only way to be sure...

In the meantime, its just more profit for the people who does PI.



If you refer to my comments I remind you that I never commented on stop doing PI at all. Just a reminder that the taxes of Perimeter are going to raise by a woping 8% like they did in New Caldari. It is an intel i share with the community for the common good. Just install your command center establish your factories and/or extractors and you will see.
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#16 - 2017-03-08 21:55:47 UTC
Perimeter POCOs are still at 1% corp tax (on top of NPC Empire tax), contrary to what the conspiracy theorists claim.
Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#17 - 2017-03-13 21:21:05 UTC
My $0.02:

a 51m video on PI?

nearly an HOUR? all in one hit?

no thank you.
script it, edit it and get it down to around 10 minutes.
If it requires more time, split it into five-to-seven minute chapters.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Zanar Skwigelf
Wormhoppers Inc.
#18 - 2017-03-14 18:14:47 UTC
[Max Profit PI]

[High sec POCOs]

:thinking:

RollRollRollRollRollRollRoll
Mister Holder
Faceless Men
#19 - 2017-03-19 10:12:54 UTC
KATASKOPOS wrote:
Thanx but no thanx. No one should buy this. POCOs taxes are subject of change and they will change. My informers reports that PANFAM are altering the POCO taxes to 15 % (Customs code expertise to lvl 5) soon in Perimeter like they did this weekend on New Caldari.

So this is clearly a trap. They tempt people with high earnings and low POCO taxes and then they change POCO taxes to higher valumes rendering wither your PI useless or very expensive to maintain. In the mean time there is an attempt to sell spreadsheets. DO NOT FALL FOR IT.


There is a plethora of alternative tools really free out there Fuzzworks PI , Adam4EVE PI profitablity and chains are considered the top.


Now go and make some PI profits. Do not use Perimeter taxes are about to change to higher rates and choose your planets wisely. Do not fall for various rediculus spreadsheet sales and such traps. Somebody wants to laugh and make fool of you.



Thanks for posting this. Never knew people had openly released PI charts like these. Will make deciding what P4 to run in my WH much easier.
HowDoI Shot
Doomheim
#20 - 2017-03-19 16:25:30 UTC  |  Edited by: HowDoI Shot
Mister Holder wrote:



Thanks for posting this. Never knew people had openly released PI charts like these. Will make deciding what P4 to run in my WH much easier.


Whichever route you decide, be aware that PI is fairly volatile right now so you will want to be open to switching chains to another p4 should the one you're making drop in price.

And to remind everyone about the conspiracy theorist above, Perimeter POCO taxes are still at 1% corp tax on top of the Empire tax.
12Next page