These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

118.8 - Issues Thread (PC)

First post First post
Author
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#41 - 2016-09-13 14:27:23 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSmokingHertog
Hey all,

When fitting the hulk with a third module on lowslot with not enough PG I get a double warning from the client.

Bug report > EBR-92940

TSH

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#42 - 2016-09-13 14:28:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Max Trix
We have received a number of reports from players that standings penalties toward the Amarr Empire are being issued for the destruction of Purity of the Throne NPCs.

This issue is currently under investigation, and we are looking to apply a fix for it as soon as possible. If you have received erroneous standings penalties after destroying Purity of the Throne ships, please do not file a support ticket or bug report regarding the issue.

We are able to identify all characters who have received standings penalties due to this issue, and will be issuing a mass reimbursement of all the incurred standings hits once the issue has been rectified.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion this issue may cause.


As Posted here.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#43 - 2016-09-13 14:32:18 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
We have received a number of reports from players that standings penalties toward the Amarr Empire are being issued for the destruction of Purity of the Throne NPCs.

This issue is currently under investigation, and we are looking to apply a fix for it as soon as possible. If you have received erroneous standings penalties after destroying Purity of the Throne ships, please do not file a support ticket or bug report regarding the issue.

We are able to identify all characters who have received standings penalties due to this issue, and will be issuing a mass reimbursement of all the incurred standings hits once the issue has been rectified.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion this issue may cause.


As Posted here.


https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

DeODokktor
Dark Templars
The Fonz Presidium
#44 - 2016-09-13 14:44:50 UTC  |  Edited by: DeODokktor
I think the penalty is either on a timer, or a "instance"... Cant remember "been a long time since I delved into such things".

So one penalty every 15 minutes or perhaps one penalty every plex (not sure)... It shouldn't be one per ship. The old rule of thumb on this would be to kill the most generic item first (nothing advanced on overview!).

As for standing loss. Again it has been a long time.

But since your moving down it's 2.4% of how far you can move down.

Say your standing is +8, you can go as low as -10. So there is a total of 18 standing points in total, thus it is 2.4% of 18.. or a .432 actual standing loss. Bringing to 7.568

The downside of this system is that trying to recover from it (not a big deal as CCP SHOULD reverse it fully) would need you to gain those .432 points back.
8 - .432 = 7.568
10 - 7.568 = 2.432 (2.432 is max movement up)
So 0.432/2.432 = 17.76% gain you would need.

That's why it's a big OUCH... A standing of 8 would mean that 2.4% loss requires 17.76% gain to recover.
Greenbaumberk
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2016-09-13 16:02:57 UTC
I did 10 of these sites before noticing... i am doomed... DOOOOOMED!

Maybe Minmatar likes me now...
Skuller
u.k militia forces
Fraternity.
#46 - 2016-09-13 16:08:42 UTC
Been thru 30+ systems and not seen a single site yet...

"If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a breach ain't one."

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#47 - 2016-09-13 16:57:07 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSmokingHertog
Skuller wrote:
Been thru 30+ systems and not seen a single site yet...


Did you update overview? Or are they just beacons?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Shalashaska Adam
Snakes and Lasers
#48 - 2016-09-13 16:57:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalashaska Adam
The malediction model is bugged.

The armor plate on the bottom of the bow that retracts during warp is permanently stuck in it's closed position.

I hope CCP Pointybits can get on the case so my OCD doesn't kill me.
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#49 - 2016-09-13 17:02:35 UTC
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Skuller
u.k militia forces
Fraternity.
#50 - 2016-09-13 17:26:15 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time/



nope

"If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a breach ain't one."

Lady Aesir
Ghost Recon Inc
#51 - 2016-09-13 17:49:18 UTC
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

Incorrect no sites spawning.
Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#52 - 2016-09-13 18:09:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Daemun Khanid
Lady Aesir wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

Incorrect no sites spawning.


Not incorrect.
Just because they aren't common doesn't mean they aren't spawning. Have ran 2 since dev post.The second spawned in system while I was running belts.

edit: 3

Daemun of Khanid

motie one
Secret Passage
#53 - 2016-09-13 19:16:02 UTC
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Lady Aesir wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

Incorrect no sites spawning.


Not incorrect.
Just because they aren't common doesn't mean they aren't spawning. Have ran 2 since dev post.The second spawned in system while I was running belts.

edit: 3


well after jumping all over domain, not seen once, rarer than officer spawns
DeODokktor
Dark Templars
The Fonz Presidium
#54 - 2016-09-13 19:34:03 UTC
motie one wrote:
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Lady Aesir wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

Incorrect no sites spawning.


Not incorrect.
Just because they aren't common doesn't mean they aren't spawning. Have ran 2 since dev post.The second spawned in system while I was running belts.

edit: 3


well after jumping all over domain, not seen once, rarer than officer spawns



Yea, they have quit spawning.

Perhaps the spawn rate was too high, or perhaps the event is over ;P.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2016-09-13 19:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Massive performance problems everywhere basically ... low and fluctuating FPS and screen stuttering ... can't play seriously anymore Sad. I have run GPU-Z to see the GPU utilization, it constantly fluctuates between 30% and 100% every couple of seconds. Looks to me like a kind of "leak" somewhere ... because when I start the client after a while, it stay for some time on 60 fps until it starts stuttering in the same scene. But it does not recover afterwards.

Bug Report (EBR-92978) and Support Ticket with screenshot sent.

I'm my own NPC alt.

motie one
Secret Passage
#56 - 2016-09-13 19:40:05 UTC
DeODokktor wrote:
motie one wrote:
Daemun Khanid wrote:
Lady Aesir wrote:
ISD Max Trix wrote:
The sites should start spawning if they haven't already. Standings will no longer be lost for running the sites. Standing corrections may take some more time

VIA : https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcement-purity-of-the-throne-event-sites-amarr-standings-penalty-investigation/

Incorrect no sites spawning.


Not incorrect.
Just because they aren't common doesn't mean they aren't spawning. Have ran 2 since dev post.The second spawned in system while I was running belts.

edit: 3


well after jumping all over domain, not seen once, rarer than officer spawns



Yea, they have quit spawning.

Perhaps the spawn rate was too high, or perhaps the event is over ;P.


probably reset over downtime
ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#57 - 2016-09-13 20:06:23 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:
I can verify the sites are currently on Tranquility server accessible, however there may be an issue with them re-spawning today. This should be fully resolved by downtime tomorrow, September 14th.

I am looking into this now. The sites are exactly the same as previous events, they are distributed across all of the universe randomly (and evenly). Some systems may see more than one site, and some may not have any at all. Every time one is finished, a new site will start.

Edit: Added evenly clarification. What won't happen is that they will not all horde into one security band of space i.e WH. They'll always be available in each High, Low, Null, WH.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.

Grookshank
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#58 - 2016-09-13 20:10:20 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Massive performance problems everywhere basically ... low and fluctuating FPS and screen stuttering ... can't play seriously anymore Sad. I have run GPU-Z to see the GPU utilization, it constantly fluctuates between 30% and 100% every couple of seconds. Looks to me like a kind of "leak" somewhere ... because when I start the client after a while, it stay for some time on 60 fps until it starts stuttering in the same scene. But it does not recover afterwards.

Bug Report (EBR-92978) and Support Ticket with screenshot sent.

Same issue here with an NVIDIA card. Just started after this patch. If I minimize eve clients CPU goes back to normal.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2016-09-13 21:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tipa Riot
Grookshank wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
Massive performance problems everywhere basically ... low and fluctuating FPS and screen stuttering ... can't play seriously anymore Sad. I have run GPU-Z to see the GPU utilization, it constantly fluctuates between 30% and 100% every couple of seconds. Looks to me like a kind of "leak" somewhere ... because when I start the client after a while, it stay for some time on 60 fps until it starts stuttering in the same scene. But it does not recover afterwards.

Bug Report (EBR-92978) and Support Ticket with screenshot sent.

Same issue here with an NVIDIA card. Just started after this patch. If I minimize eve clients CPU goes back to normal.

Exactly (GPU), minimize for a minute, then bring back on screen and full 60 FPS for like 15 seconds then the problems starts again with raising GPU load and then oscillating between ~30 and 100%. Also NVIDIA card, newest drivers.

I remember that I had something similar occasionally before, but not reproducible ...

Please help by sending a bug report with screenshots of a GPU-Z and FPS graph.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Tara'Quoya Rax
Atlantis Asteria
#60 - 2016-09-13 21:53:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tara'Quoya Rax
Confirming weird gate jump animation where the gate is briefly disappears.

Seems to have started occuring after I opened the New Eden Store in my case.

Edit: Some gates were suddenly at a distance of 2000'ish km during jump. So I'm assuming they don't actually disappear but the camera re-angles so that they end up being out of view most of the time...?