These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Remove gate restrictions from acceleration gates

Author
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#1 - 2016-06-25 12:44:56 UTC
I recently created a new account . While i am training my newb up, i am going retro and doing high sec pve. So ive been doing some combat sites and tanking them in a cruiser or less is a bit rough not to mention it takes awhile to kill the 40,000 trash frigates put in them. I sometimes have to warp out and back in.

I thought i would be smart, being experienced and having a bankroll and use a BC instead. Better tank, better dps. I originally was going for the trusty drake as i would get 50% more dps out of it than a caracal and better tank. But instead i decided on a gnosis.

Well many highsec combat sites dont allow a BC. but you can run them in a t2, t3, and pirate faction ships. So what i have noticed is a lot of vets that wont get out of the kiddie pool warping into combat sites and blitzing them in their gila, VNI, HAC, Tengu, etc. They are popping frigates as fast as they can lock them. And they have no hard feelings about running a site you are already doing( the player respect in high sec has went down a lot since i last had it as my home 6 years ago. )

Newbies are already at a disadvantage running such sites and missions as well. They have the most to benefit from using bigger ships. Vets dont need bigger ships because they can fit t2/pirate faction ships to put out stupid dps.


So the only people gate restrictions hurt are newbies. It limits their ability to use a bigger class of ship able to fit a bit more dps. Which makes it pointless.

So how about we just remove gate restrictions so newbies can compete a little bit with all the vet players that are to scared to get out of the kiddie pool.
Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#2 - 2016-06-25 12:51:30 UTC
Maybe it's more important to encourage the newbies to drop the kiddie pool as an aspiration, and instead head out for the deep end

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#3 - 2016-06-25 12:59:09 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Maybe it's more important to encourage the newbies to drop the kiddie pool as an aspiration, and instead head out for the deep end


The point of the kiddie pool is to allow newbies to learn the game in a relatively safe environment and to gain the skills necessary to head out to more dangerous space. When i was a newb i headed out to omist at 1.5 mil SP and never looked back. I had a very rough time of it at first. If roaming gangs werent owning me belt rats were. I could of done with another million or 2 SP before jumping in the deep end.

But vets flying around high sec in billion isk faction/deadspace fit ships and blitzing newbie sites is just ridiculous. Im not asking CCP to stop them from doing it. Just to stop tying newbies hands together and telling them they have to compete.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#4 - 2016-06-25 14:13:29 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
And they have no hard feelings about running a site you are already doing( the player respect in high sec has went down a lot since i last had it as my home 6 years ago. )



This is nothing new. It was happening 9 years ago when I was a new player. Yet another reason to get out of high sec.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with removing the restrictions on some acceleration gates and letting players use Battlecruisers if the complex allows in T3's and the Gila.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Iain Cariaba
#5 - 2016-06-25 16:04:49 UTC
Malcanis' Law applies here.

OP wants to be able to take battlecruisers into low end highsec sites because the mean vets know how to blitz them. What OP doesn't realize is that those faction/deadspace fit cruisers the vets currently use to blitz those sites will only be replaced by faction/deadspace fit Tornadoes and Oracles, which can clear highsec sites even faster than the cruisers currently used.

The end result will be that nothing really changes.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#6 - 2016-06-25 23:09:15 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
I recently created a new account . While i am training my newb up, i am going retro and doing high sec pve. So ive been doing some combat sites and tanking them in a cruiser or less...
So what i have noticed is a lot of vets that wont get out of the kiddie pool warping into combat sites and blitzing them in their gila, VNI, HAC, Tengu, etc. ....
And they have no hard feelings about running a site you are already doing( the player respect in high sec has went down a lot since i last had it as my home 6 years ago. )

Newbies are already at a disadvantage running such sites and missions as well. They have the most to benefit from using bigger ships. Vets dont need bigger ships because they can fit t2/pirate faction ships to put out stupid dps....

So how about we just remove gate restrictions so newbies can compete a little bit with all the vet players that are to scared to get out of the kiddie pool.


I marked some important stuff you said and contradicted yourself in. What is the question again?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#7 - 2016-06-26 05:10:15 UTC
Op. Your mistake.is assuming high sec is intended as a kiddy pool. It's not. Eve is a sandbox. There is no levels zoning like other mmo drive for. Or end game area of space. Simply a bunch of different play styles that have evolved to suit the different areas of space.
Admittedly since CCP devs are also forgetting this now it's understandable to make this mistake. But it's where your mistake and issue comes.from.
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#8 - 2016-06-26 12:32:41 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
Malcanis' Law applies here.

OP wants to be able to take battlecruisers into low end highsec sites because the mean vets know how to blitz them. What OP doesn't realize is that those faction/deadspace fit cruisers the vets currently use to blitz those sites will only be replaced by faction/deadspace fit Tornadoes and Oracles, which can clear highsec sites even faster than the cruisers currently used.

The end result will be that nothing really changes.


First, I am a vet. Second, you completely missed my point. My point is this: Gate restrictions do not affect vet players. I can run up to a 5/10 in an assault frigate on my main. Put me in a faction or t2 cruiser and i can do up to a 8 or 9/10.

Gate restrictions DO affect new players because they have to make up for DPS and tank by using a bigger ship. So the gate restrictions have no affect on vet players, which i think was the orginal intention was to not allow older players to be able to blitz high sec sites and low level missions. However the system hasnt been updated except to allow other ships of the same hull size.

New players have to warp in and out, and are forced to use ships with low dps and bad tanks to do sites and some missions. While vets can use high dps and high tanked ships. So my point is that gate restrictions are really only hurting newbies and has zero affect on vets.

If i wanted to stop vets from using high sec site gates i would of said to switch the ships size restrictions to SP restrictions.

elitatwo wrote:


I marked some important stuff you said and contradicted yourself in. What is the question again?


There was no contradiction. Ive been playing since 2008, i havent played in high sec to any significant degree for the last 6 years.

I recently created a new account ( as in " in addition to" the accounts i already have). I decided to play around in high sec while i train my newbie up. Doing so i noticed that gate restrictions are only hurting newbies, vets still blitz sites because they are using ships that easily tank the sites AND put out 500 DPS plus. Newbies are struggling to hit 200 dps on a good day with a paper tank. Removing gate restrictions on ships would allow newbies to use ships with more tank and better DPS such as the drake and gnosis. Its pretty simple.


Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Op. Your mistake.is assuming high sec is intended as a kiddy pool. It's not. Eve is a sandbox. There is no levels zoning like other mmo drive for. Or end game area of space. Simply a bunch of different play styles that have evolved to suit the different areas of space.
Admittedly since CCP devs are also forgetting this now it's understandable to make this mistake. But it's where your mistake and issue comes.from.


Thats not a mistake, it IS the kiddie pool. All games have a safe or mostly safe area for new players to learn the game in. High sec is that place. There is nothing in high sec that pays better than null sec and low sec is in between. Mining doesnt pay better in high sec. Missions do not pay better in high sec. Sites do not pay better in high sec. anoms do not pay better in high sec.

The game is geared towards getting people out of high sec and into the core part of the game/ main area. which is null space. When new content is added to the game a majority of it is focused on null sec gameplay. gankers and wardeccers are allowed in high sec to both prep you for the main part of the game and give you another reason to leave high sec.

CCPs ultimate goal is to get you out of high sec and experience eve at its maximum potential. But they want you to go on your own rather than by force.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#9 - 2016-06-26 13:44:29 UTC
Your first thread sounded for like you are mad that a vet has trained all this time to get where she / it is and comes back to chill in highsec for a few days and "steals" the high value anomalies from a noob in a pvp game.

Son, I am too old for a kiddie pool. I do not know what you speak of. Highsec is more dangerous than any other space since every system has soo many neutrals in them.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

May Arethusa
Junction Systems
#10 - 2016-06-26 14:18:32 UTC
Quote:
CCPs ultimate goal is to...


Get your money. Where exactly in space you operate is of little concern to them beyond that. You're making a lot of assumptions that simply aren't, or probably aren't, true.

It's called progression, a new player lacks the skills and isk to run these sites efficiently and there are plenty of alternatives where they can earn money while their skills develop. If they can run these sites in a shitfit battlecruiser, you remove any need for them to look at other ships, they will never get out of their battlecruiser until more experienced players use better fits to run them faster and someone else shows up on the forums demanding you let battleships in because reasons.

Essentially, your own previous experience with the game is biasing your opinion.
Iain Cariaba
#11 - 2016-06-26 16:44:55 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
First, I am a vet. Second, you completely missed my point. My point is this: Gate restrictions do not affect vet players. I can run up to a 5/10 in an assault frigate on my main. Put me in a faction or t2 cruiser and i can do up to a 8 or 9/10.

Gate restrictions DO affect new players because they have to make up for DPS and tank by using a bigger ship. So the gate restrictions have no affect on vet players, which i think was the orginal intention was to not allow older players to be able to blitz high sec sites and low level missions. However the system hasnt been updated except to allow other ships of the same hull size.

New players have to warp in and out, and are forced to use ships with low dps and bad tanks to do sites and some missions. While vets can use high dps and high tanked ships. So my point is that gate restrictions are really only hurting newbies and has zero affect on vets.

If i wanted to stop vets from using high sec site gates i would of said to switch the ships size restrictions to SP restrictions.

Roll

Your "think of the children" logical fallacy does not give you any points here. Did you even bother to look up Malcanis' Law? I can't really think of a better example of it than your idea.

Malcanis' Law wrote:
Whenever a mechanics change is proposed on behalf of ‘new players’, that change is always to the overwhelming advantage of richer, older players.


You think your idea would help newbies run more profitable sites, I get that. What you're failing to see is that your idea would also allow richer, older players to apply their wallets to the same larger ships. End result is that new players still struggle with running sites, while older players still take blingy **** in to run them. Nothing changes except the hulls.

Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Thats not a mistake, it IS the kiddie pool. All games have a safe or mostly safe area for new players to learn the game in. High sec is that place. There is nothing in high sec that pays better than null sec and low sec is in between. Mining doesnt pay better in high sec. Missions do not pay better in high sec. Sites do not pay better in high sec. anoms do not pay better in high sec.

LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLol

Roll

Seriously, do you even play EvE?

EvE does not have a safe or mostly safe area anywhere in it. Highsec has consequences for non-consentual PvP, but that doesn't make it in any way safe.
Just because highsec activities don't pay as well as other areas doesn't make it the kiddy pool. It's actually closer to being a retirement home, where savings and experience can make it quite profitable.

Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
The game is geared towards getting people out of high sec and into the core part of the game/ main area. which is null space. When new content is added to the game a majority of it is focused on null sec gameplay. gankers and wardeccers are allowed in high sec to both prep you for the main part of the game and give you another reason to leave high sec.

CCPs ultimate goal is to get you out of high sec and experience eve at its maximum potential. But they want you to go on your own rather than by force.

Everything you said in the above quote is wrong. The game is geared towards letting people do what they want, with a few restrictions. If the ultimate goal is to get you out of highsec, why is highsec the largest population segment in the game?

Perhaps you should actually go out and play the game before making suggestions based on erroneous assumptions.
Roenok Baalnorn
Baalnorn Heavy Industries
#12 - 2016-06-27 04:53:59 UTC
Quote:
You think your idea would help newbies run more profitable sites, I get that. What you're failing to see is that your idea would also allow richer, older players to apply their wallets to the same larger ships. End result is that new players still struggle with running sites, while older players still take blingy **** in to run them. Nothing changes except the hulls.


Your getting hung up on the "new player VS vet player" and still the point is flying over your head. So im going to type slowly so you understand...

First, originally gate restrictions were to prevent players with large ships from blitzing sites and missions. The idea was to use an appropriately sized ship.

Second, this became pointless with the introduction of t2, t3, and faction ships. The gate restrictions were still based on hull size. This allowed players skilled in said ships to blitz the sites anyway.

Third, and i want you to pay REALLY close attention to this part, gate restrictions have ZERO affect on a vet player. Even if you removed restrictions do you think a vet is going to do sites in a rattlesnake? golem? mach? Its unlikely. Those ships are slow. Its much more efficient for vets to still blitz in cruiser size ships.

Fourth, removing gate restrictions would allow new players more flexibility to run sites. They could fit better tanks and that extra 50-100 dps really matters. Making it easier for them to run sites.

You are getting hung up on the vets. Like i said if i wanted to restrict vet use of sites i would of instead suggested limit high sec site gates by xp rather than ship size.

Quote:
EvE does not have a safe or mostly safe area anywhere in it. Highsec has consequences for non-consentual PvP, but that doesn't make it in any way safe.
Just because highsec activities don't pay as well as other areas doesn't make it the kiddy pool. It's actually closer to being a retirement home, where savings and experience can make it quite profitable.


Really? REALLY? A lot of bovine scatology in that quote. Most of those that live in null would disagree with you. In fact a majority of eve would likely disagree with you. High sec is much safer than low sec. Low sec is somewhat safer than null. Just because it is not 100% safe doesnt make it a newbie area.

And the only thing in high sec that MIGHT be more profitable than null is trading and that really depends on what your trading and your bankroll. As far as PVE content, it is 100% geared towards low skilled players. The isk/hr is geared towards newer players. Something doesnt have to be 100% safe to be considered a newbie area.

Quote:
Everything you said in the above quote is wrong. The game is geared towards letting people do what they want, with a few restrictions. If the ultimate goal is to get you out of highsec, why is highsec the largest population segment in the game?
LOL. If you would venture out to null and live a while and engage in the game with unrestricted gameplay you would understand.

If you remove all the alts of people who spend more than 75% of their time in low and null from high sec, And remove any character under 1 year old from high sec. You would find the actual population would be quite low. You think all that stuff on the market in jita comes from high sec industry? You would be surprised at how little of it comes from high sec. High sec is an insignificant area of the game to most players used as shopping plaza.

As you said CCP wants you to do what you want. They want as few restrictions as possible. Thats why they encourage you to leave high sec with "motivators" rather than force you. If they forced you then it wouldnt be your sandbox and you couldnt do what you wanted. But if you actually pay attention to the dev (v)blogs, you can clearly see their full intention is for you to play in unrestricted space AKA: Null and w-space. Better than 90% of new content is focused on null and w-space. Why do you think that is? Why arent they adding more missions? More ways to mine in high sec? sure high sec gets some upgrades but its mostly by proxy from new content geared at null. High sec is the kiddie pool and CCP rarely focuses attention directly on high sec because they dont want you to spend your eve lifetime there. They want you to get out and play in the sandbox, no rules, no restrictions.

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#13 - 2016-06-27 08:52:29 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
...lalalala...
As you said CCP wants you to do what you want. They want as few restrictions as possible. Thats why they encourage you to leave high sec with "motivators" rather than force you. If they forced you then it wouldnt be your sandbox and you couldnt do what you wanted. But if you actually pay attention to the dev (v)blogs, you can clearly see their full intention is for you to play in unrestricted space AKA: Null and w-space. Better than 90% of new content is focused on null and w-space. Why do you think that is? Why arent they adding more missions? More ways to mine in high sec? sure high sec gets some upgrades but its mostly by proxy from new content geared at null. High sec is the kiddie pool and CCP rarely focuses attention directly on high sec because they dont want you to spend your eve lifetime there. They want you to get out and play in the sandbox, no rules, no restrictions.


You are funny. I will keep you as my handmaiden. Now be a good handmaiden and brush my hair, slowly.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#14 - 2016-06-27 11:53:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Your getting hung up on the "new player VS vet player" and still the point is flying over your head. So im going to type slowly so you understand...

First, originally gate restrictions were to prevent players with large ships from blitzing sites and missions. The idea was to use an appropriately sized ship.

Second, this became pointless with the introduction of t2, t3, and faction ships. The gate restrictions were still based on hull size. This allowed players skilled in said ships to blitz the sites anyway.

Third, and i want you to pay REALLY close attention to this part, gate restrictions have ZERO affect on a vet player. Even if you removed restrictions do you think a vet is going to do sites in a rattlesnake? golem? mach? Its unlikely. Those ships are slow. Its much more efficient for vets to still blitz in cruiser size ships.

Fourth, removing gate restrictions would allow new players more flexibility to run sites. They could fit better tanks and that extra 50-100 dps really matters. Making it easier for them to run sites.


  1. Maybe, maybe not.
  2. Your point being? T2 and faction variations have been around since at least 2009, T3 cruisers for around the same time and the T3 destroyers are a more recent edition, who are you to say that we shouldn't be using them to massacre NPCs in hisec?
  3. Removal of gate restrictions will result in people like me using RLML Rattlesnakes and AC Machariels to blitz them even faster than we do now; yes the ships may be a little slow, the DPS compensates for that nicely. TL;DR newbies would be in a worse position than they are now when it comes to competing with more established players for hisec PvE.
  4. While it may allow newbies more flexibility, it would allow more established players the same, and given that older players have a greater choice of tools to use the status quo wouldn't change; we would still be kicking the snot out of NPCs faster than the newbies can and they still won't be able to compete.


Quote:
You are getting hung up on the vets. Like i said if i wanted to restrict vet use of sites i would of instead suggested limit high sec site gates by xp rather than ship size.
Nope, you're the one getting hung up about how unfair it is that older players are better at Eve than new players, next thing we know you'll be wanting prizes for participation.

Quote:
Really? REALLY? A lot of bovine scatology in that quote. Most of those that live in null would disagree with you. In fact a majority of eve would likely disagree with you. High sec is much safer than low sec. Low sec is somewhat safer than null. Just because it is not 100% safe doesnt make it a newbie area.
That's arse backwards, nullsec is in fact safer than hisec; particularly sov null, lowsec is fairly empty because the waters there have been overfished, hisec is an oasis in the desert where all the fat juicy and unaware prey come to drink deep of the waters of profit, and where the predators come to relieve them of their stuff.

Quote:
And the only thing in high sec that MIGHT be more profitable than null is trading and that really depends on what your trading and your bankroll. As far as PVE content, it is 100% geared towards low skilled players. The isk/hr is geared towards newer players. Something doesnt have to be 100% safe to be considered a newbie area.
Also bollocks, the isk/hr is inherently biased towards those who can leverage their skills (both ingame and social) in the most effective manner.

Quote:
LOL. If you would venture out to null and live a while and engage in the game with unrestricted gameplay you would understand.

If you remove all the alts of people who spend more than 75% of their time in low and null from high sec, And remove any character under 1 year old from high sec. You would find the actual population would be quite low. You think all that stuff on the market in jita comes from high sec industry? You would be surprised at how little of it comes from high sec. High sec is an insignificant area of the game to most players used as shopping plaza.

As you said CCP wants you to do what you want. They want as few restrictions as possible. Thats why they encourage you to leave high sec with "motivators" rather than force you. If they forced you then it wouldnt be your sandbox and you couldnt do what you wanted. But if you actually pay attention to the dev (v)blogs, you can clearly see their full intention is for you to play in unrestricted space AKA: Null and w-space. Better than 90% of new content is focused on null and w-space. Why do you think that is? Why arent they adding more missions? More ways to mine in high sec? sure high sec gets some upgrades but its mostly by proxy from new content geared at null. High sec is the kiddie pool and CCP rarely focuses attention directly on high sec because they dont want you to spend your eve lifetime there. They want you to get out and play in the sandbox, no rules, no restrictions.

  1. Many of us have ventured and lived in nullsec, wormholes and lowsec, try again
  2. I'll just leave this here; Total production value, most industry is done in hisec because the logistics are much simpler.
  3. 3. The full intention is to let people attempt to play Eve as they wish, Eve is touted as a PvP game, as such PvE content has never been the design focus of Eve.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#15 - 2016-06-27 13:27:36 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Im not asking CCP to stop them from doing it. Just to stop tying newbies hands together and telling them they have to compete.

So the vets who do this will simply fly around in T2 / Faction / Pirate fit BC and so your idea changes nothing with respect to the new players.


Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#16 - 2016-06-27 14:10:05 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Im not asking CCP to stop them from doing it. Just to stop tying newbies hands together and telling them they have to compete.

So the vets who do this will simply fly around in T2 / Faction / Pirate fit BC and so your idea changes nothing with respect to the new players.


That's been pointed out repeatedly, unfortunately there are none so blind as those who will not see beyond the end of their own nose.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Iain Cariaba
#17 - 2016-06-28 02:39:34 UTC
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
stuff from post 12, I'm not going to repost that wall of text.Cool

Um, yeah. Your lack of experience with the game is showing through.

First Part
1. Show me a single quote, from any dev, that the purpose of hull restrictions on acceleration gates is to prevent blitzing. Considering that restriction has been in place since before I started playing 11 years ago, I'm certain you have no clue what the original intention of the restrictions is.
2. Gate restrictions have been updated every time new ships came out. If you look at the lists of allowed ships, you'll see all those new types are included.
3. Yes, vets will indeed blitz sites in battleships. The Machariel is the most likely candidate, because you can easily make it warp like a cruiser. The ABCs are also quite likely as well. Personally, I use a Tornado for blitzing highsec sites out from under people. It's fit to warp like a frigate and has enough damage to alpha pretty much any highsec NPC off the field.
4. I'm not arguing that removing restrictions would allow new players more flexibility. In fact, I know for certain that it will. However, the part that keep going in a sub-orbital arc above your head is the simple fact that allowing that flexibility will not change a single thing for the newbies. If you want to better tank sites and apply better dps, you and those children you're trying to cry for are far better off investing some SP into support skills than simply using a bigger hammer.

Second Part
Again, I have to ask, do you even play EvE? The safest place in the entire game is sov nullsec. Once you get away from the border systems, lowsec is safer than highsec for those who know what they're doing.
What's more profitable in highsec? Quite a bit, provided you know what you're doing. I can make a couple billion isk in a week with a faction frigate in highsec. In fact, I've done a billion isk in a week with a character that trained for 3 whole days before she started running sites.

Third Part
Roll

In my 11 years playing EvE, I've lived in highsec, lowsec, NPC null, sov null, and c4-c6 wormholes. I've done industry, hauling, ganking, anti-ganking, missions (in high, low, and nullsec), the gamut of PvP from solo all the way up to multi-thousand pilot battles. Hell, it'd be easier to give you the list of what I haven't done. My vast experience with EvE says you're wrong. Even people other than me, who have actual experience with the game, say you're wrong.

Find one single, solitary shred of evidence, from a credible source, that any of your erroneous assumptions about EvE are correct.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#18 - 2016-06-28 06:20:41 UTC
OP still spouting this non-sense and is dumber than ever, lol.

Just Add Water

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#19 - 2016-06-28 11:37:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarisen Gream
Question? Why not just rework the gates to be more balanced on what they allow in. 1/10 would be t1 frigates. 2/10 T1 Destroyers and t2/faction frigates. 3/10 Cruisers and T2/Faction Dessies. 4/10 BCs and t2/Faction cruisers, 5/10s BSs and T2/Faction BCs.

This would make it so T2/Faction ships are treated like a ship class above what their hull is rated.

EVE is a sandbox so ppl will be allowed to go and do as they wish. The whole of New Eden is the kiddie pool, b/c we are all learning and growing.

edit: This forum topic has become a wall of poop. Where each side is blinded by their own feelings.

I vote for total destruction of the current PVE combat experience and rework it all so it is smarter and more challenging as you gain both SP and player skills.
All PVE combat would be fed to the ships Probe scanner. Missions, combat sites etc, all tailored to the player (I am not a fan of scannable sites in their current version(s))
With the soon(tm) to be standing overhaul this would be great, as new players would still get sites to hard for them, but they wouldn't compete with more experienced players.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#20 - 2016-06-28 13:32:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Donnachadh
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Donnachadh wrote:
Roenok Baalnorn wrote:
Im not asking CCP to stop them from doing it. Just to stop tying newbies hands together and telling them they have to compete.

So the vets who do this will simply fly around in T2 / Faction / Pirate fit BC and so your idea changes nothing with respect to the new players.


That's been pointed out repeatedly, unfortunately there are none so blind as those who will not see beyond the end of their own nose.

I see very clearly what is wrong with your post, however since you are not capable of grasping simple concepts without them being spoon fed let me try this.

The OP wants to remove the gate restrictions on sites in high sec and no doubt missions although that has not been stated.
New playes in this game come in with the silly idea that bigger is ALWAYS better and this idea would only serve to reinforce that. Restrictions to ship size can and do help them see that smaller is better in many ways. Ship restrictions also help to retrain their brains that there are appropriate ships for all purposes, but there is no ship that is appropriate for ALL purposes.

The OP wants these restrictions to be removed because it will give the new players more flexibility in what they can run.
While that is true you are simply choosing to ignore, or perhaps you are blind to the reality that this flexibility would extend to the vets who come to raid these sites. So you get to a situation where the new players can run them a little bit faster but the vets can get to them and run then even faster so what has the suggestion solved?

The OP wants this because they THINK it will give the new players a better chance to complete these sites BEFORE a veteran player can interfere and steal the stuff. As I just outlined in the paragraph above with the restrictions removed the vets can use ships that are even better for the task at hand (raiding another players site) than they have access to now. So again the idea essentially changes nothing.

Edited to correct an error in the first sentence.
12Next page