These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

March release - General feedback

First post
Author
Panzerledi
Weyland-Yutani Panzer Industry and Mining Group
Cyno.Up
#321 - 2016-03-11 00:14:39 UTC

After the last patch there was a memory leak - launched and minimaized ( with no activity) client ( exefile process) per hour increased memory consumption from 700MB to 1400MB - is this normal?
Neadayan Drakhon
Heuristic Industrial And Development
AddictClan
#322 - 2016-03-11 00:26:47 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Hey all,

Just dropping by to shed some light on the watch list->buddy list change that was done by Team Five 0 in this release, and the reasoning behind it.

For a long time the watch list has had two main use cases: tracking the online status of friends, and tracking enemies of one kind or another. While we were happy with the first use case, for some time we've had design concerns about the latter. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, the information provided is 100% accurate all the time without any risk to the pilot’s receiving it. This means that the best (and really only) choice for a pilot is to add enemies, as it doesn’t cost them anything and they don’t put themselves at any risk by doing it. We've discussed before how we’re not really keen on non choices in New Eden (See the clone removal for one example of this). Secondly, a pilot concerned about people watching them has no in-game choice to counter this overpowered source of information. They can either log in and face the fact that notifications have instantly appeared for everyone wanting to hurt them, or simply not play. As you can imagine, that’s not a choice that we really want to encourage!

We understand that for many people, this will fundamentally change the way you can use the (now renamed) buddy list, and we apologize for any short term inconvenience this may cause. We’re happy to discuss any use cases we may have neglected and any suggestions for future iteration that don’t contradict the reasoning outlined above.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

The complete removal of the watchlisting of enemies with no reasonable alternative is unacceptable. It's not a matter of free intel, its a matter of wasted time.

For the aggressor/hunter - it wastes their time checking on targets who are not even online.

For the defender/hider - it wastes their time either hiding from someone who's offline, or wastes their time trying to find where that person is so they can go around another way, etc.

Most players don't have unlimited play time.

If you guys insist on killing the watchlisting of super pilots in null (which I personally disagree with but can see an argument for) then make watchlisting only work if the person watchlisted is either A: your buddy (has you watchlisted too) or B: is in Highsec *and* is a valid war target.

This gives highsec pvp back its watchlist while solving the problem of seeing all your enemy supercaps logging on.

For those who care - yeah I'm generally on the defend/hide/avoid side of the highsec stuff, but you know what, I can sympathise with the hunters, why waste their time and burn them out looking for a target that is offline.

Maybe make watchlisting non-instant, put a delay on it, make it only work if the watchlisted person changes systems after the log on (something to the nature of their ship gets logged with the gate network traffic control system). Something.

Maybe make it part of the locator agents (and reduce the cooldown delay on locators?) - they give you a location (with the same setup as now) and whether or not the pilot in question is "active" (online) or "inactive" (offline).


Completely removing it was horrible.
Makari Aeron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#323 - 2016-03-11 00:33:48 UTC
So CCP Lebowski, the problem here is not keeping the people from getting hunted who are on watch lists, but those of us who use watch lists to keep ourselves safe.

I'm from Providence. Those who have been there know that Honorable Third Party and many other reds like to hotdrop us. Fine. The problem is that they log off in local and relog later and hot drop. Thus if we don't know if they've logged off in local, the can log back in and hotdrop the people in local there. Often, they log off in combat sites or mining sites so that they can instantly hot drop people in there. Once upon a time, these "log off traps" were considered illegal or at the very least people would get reimbursed for their losses as such. Since about 2012 or 2013, that stopped.

To me the problem isn't keeping the person safe who can't be arsed to make sure they're safe because their in a war dec or to figure out a good fitting so they dont' get ganked, but instead you have penalized the people who kept themselves from being hunted by hotdroppers who realistically have no counter with the current mechanics other than to have a counter hot drop fleet ready 23.5/7 or having people watch every system in the area 23.5/7 and never take their eyes off local. It's not feasible. Without the watchlist mechanic as it was, the gameplay of myself and my friends is severely hampered to the point where it's neither fun nor worth my time and effort to keep my numerous alt accounts running.

Since 2011, I've seen more and more ways to "have quick and easy fights". While this does in deed counter that to some extent in HISEC, it does the exact opposite for NULLSEC.

I plead with you, CCP, to add in some sort of compensation mechanic to know who is logged off in the systems in which you have Sov, be it some sort of structure or module. Otherwise, this game seems like it may become unplayable for me. I truly hope it does not as after nearly 7 years of sweat equity, I don't want to lose what I've built in the game both in fake space ships and in friendships. Please either reconsider this change or give us some mechanic to compensate for log off traps.

Sincerely,
Makari Aeron

CCP RedDawn: Ugly people are just playing life on HARD mode. Personally, I'm playing on an INFERNO difficulty.

CCP Goliath: I often believe that the best way to get something done is to shout at the person trying to help you. http://goo.gl/PKGDP

Elyia Suze Nagala
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#324 - 2016-03-11 00:48:16 UTC
Scope videos in station are actually really cool, BUT that + station graphics are killing my GPU, I think. I wish I had an option to not play them. I've been going to hanger view to avoid them.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#325 - 2016-03-11 00:49:21 UTC
Kill animation feels too long and for me at least seems to lag the UI causing a delay/unresponsiveness when trying to switch targets quickly.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#326 - 2016-03-11 00:56:06 UTC
ever since the patch my hangars keep disappearing and I have to re-open them. When ever I change ships or undock and then redock my item and ship hangars are both gone. It is rather annoying.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Oraac Ensor
#327 - 2016-03-11 00:56:15 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Hey all,

Just dropping by to shed some light on the watch list->buddy list change that was done by Team Five 0 in this release, and the reasoning behind it.

For a long time the watch list has had two main use cases: tracking the online status of friends, and tracking enemies of one kind or another. While we were happy with the first use case, for some time we've had design concerns about the latter. There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, the information provided is 100% accurate all the time without any risk to the pilot’s receiving it. This means that the best (and really only) choice for a pilot is to add enemies, as it doesn’t cost them anything and they don’t put themselves at any risk by doing it. We've discussed before how we’re not really keen on non choices in New Eden (See the clone removal for one example of this). Secondly, a pilot concerned about people watching them has no in-game choice to counter this overpowered source of information. They can either log in and face the fact that notifications have instantly appeared for everyone wanting to hurt them, or simply not play. As you can imagine, that’s not a choice that we really want to encourage!

We understand that for many people, this will fundamentally change the way you can use the (now renamed) buddy list, and we apologize for any short term inconvenience this may cause. We’re happy to discuss any use cases we may have neglected and any suggestions for future iteration that don’t contradict the reasoning outlined above.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

All of that applies equally well to local chat. Are you going to remove that too?

If not, please explain why, considering that you have just posted such a perfectly reasoned justification for doing so.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#328 - 2016-03-11 01:01:21 UTC
The new target icon changes with exploding ships feels like a huge PvE nerf. It takes so long for that animation to happen that it really interrupts the flow of my target switching. I bet this will be a slightly noticable nerf to income potential for anyone shooting NPCs for a living. Not sure if this is intended or not or if there is any way for you to track it. However if there is I'd love to see the numbers on it.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Landon Elongur
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#329 - 2016-03-11 01:05:12 UTC
Please fix the captain's quarters video.

We need the ability to mute the darn video and none of the sound controls except turning sound off works.

Also though I like the concept of the video, the frequency and the fact that this video is no longer valid makes it rather annoying.

I'd prefer not to disable sound for any character who is docked.
ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#330 - 2016-03-11 01:10:10 UTC
marly cortez wrote:
Hmmm...Taking a bit too much notice of our focus groups are we not CCP......Remember. you pay them to tell you exactly what YOU want to hear......Gong's indeed. I wonder who thought up that rather fantastic idea.


P.S. I saw what you did there.....reactivate my 'Try New Camera' would you....It was deactivated for a very good reason...It's Not fit for purpose.

Yes please stop turning on stuff that I have already turned off.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Cordo Draken
ABOS Industrial Enterprises
#331 - 2016-03-11 01:20:28 UTC
Xerxes Fehrnah wrote:
Please post a scope video showing some pirate faction ships attacking something and play that gong noise 3 times a second throughout the video. Then have some drifters come in and loot the corpses. Each corpse should go

GONG!

when looted with a giant blinky red circle.

Also add the gong to every station undock and dock around Amarr and Jita. Each time a ship disappears or appears... GONG!!! Also the gong should play at your desks every time you stand up, shift in your chair, and oh yes, with each keypress for every line of code you write.

Twisted


Not sure that would still get the point across.... Them skull are pretty thick. Must be the cold.

Whomever said, "You only get one shot to make a good impression," was utterly wrong. I've made plenty of great impressions with my Autocannons 

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#332 - 2016-03-11 01:26:32 UTC
So I am now reading through the posts. Three pages in and not one positive post. Ever since CCP took on venture capital there seems to be a trend of ignoring the player base and removing options and forcing new gameplay down everyone's throats.

You'd think that you guys would have learned your lesson when you removed ship spinning and forced captin's quarters on everyone. However I see that you have not and continue to force new stuff on players that don't like it or can't play with it.

Some people have issues with visual motion. I myself was a huge fan of battlestar galactica as a kid but when the new one came out a few years back I could not watch it. All the camera movement gave me headaches and made me sick to my stomach. You keep putting blinky and / or moving / floating stuff in this game and some of us can not handle it.

Seriously if you guys are going to make a percentage of your player base forced to choose between sea sick and not playing my guess is that the decision won't be hard.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#333 - 2016-03-11 01:32:32 UTC
Panzerledi wrote:

After the last patch there was a memory leak - launched and minimaized ( with no activity) client ( exefile process) per hour increased memory consumption from 700MB to 1400MB - is this normal?



not as far as i know its not

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Cordo Draken
ABOS Industrial Enterprises
#334 - 2016-03-11 01:34:41 UTC
Bemo wrote:
*New annoying UI addition - CHECK
*Forcing that **** new camera on us again - CHECK
*New stupid annoying sound we cant turn off - CHECK

*My patients with CCP as a whole running thin - CHECK

Been a customer since early 2007. Its getting to the point of me saying screw it. You have SISI. A test server. You have a feedback thread and people post things and feedback yet you dont care to read or listen. Grow up CCP and LISTEN to feedback ffs.



QFT - 2008 player here and have been paying multiple account from then till now. I've been patient, adapted to so much.... Had to refit my ships so many times, there still so many I just haven't touched cause I'd rather play than waste time reworking it yet again. I'm also coming to that point of saying "Screw it" and go spend my money else where. The main issue I have with CCP is the fact that they STILL don't listen, don't think, and it shows that they just really and truly don't care.

Maybe if we ALL uncheck the Auto resub box in our accounts that feedback may actually wake people up there in Iceland. Dust514 was a failure and going offline.... Not like I cared but it shows how detatched CCP is from understanding what's important in a game and how to maintain it properly.

Whomever said, "You only get one shot to make a good impression," was utterly wrong. I've made plenty of great impressions with my Autocannons 

Panzerledi
Weyland-Yutani Panzer Industry and Mining Group
Cyno.Up
#335 - 2016-03-11 01:46:10 UTC
Celly S wrote:
Panzerledi wrote:

After the last patch there was a memory leak - launched and minimaized ( with no activity) client ( exefile process) per hour increased memory consumption from 700MB to 1400MB - is this normal?



not as far as i know its not


after 3.5 hour
http://c2n.me/3vp99TX
http://c2n.me/3vp9diB
Yu-Fang Gren
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#336 - 2016-03-11 01:58:22 UTC
Reposting this, because CCP you really need to read this.

Makari Aeron wrote:
So CCP Lebowski, the problem here is not keeping the people from getting hunted who are on watch lists, but those of us who use watch lists to keep ourselves safe.

I'm from Providence. Those who have been there know that Honorable Third Party and many other reds like to hotdrop us. Fine. The problem is that they log off in local and relog later and hot drop. Thus if we don't know if they've logged off in local, the can log back in and hotdrop the people in local there. Often, they log off in combat sites or mining sites so that they can instantly hot drop people in there. Once upon a time, these "log off traps" were considered illegal or at the very least people would get reimbursed for their losses as such. Since about 2012 or 2013, that stopped.

To me the problem isn't keeping the person safe who can't be arsed to make sure they're safe because their in a war dec or to figure out a good fitting so they dont' get ganked, but instead you have penalized the people who kept themselves from being hunted by hotdroppers who realistically have no counter with the current mechanics other than to have a counter hot drop fleet ready 23.5/7 or having people watch every system in the area 23.5/7 and never take their eyes off local. It's not feasible. Without the watchlist mechanic as it was, the gameplay of myself and my friends is severely hampered to the point where it's neither fun nor worth my time and effort to keep my numerous alt accounts running.

Since 2011, I've seen more and more ways to "have quick and easy fights". While this does in deed counter that to some extent in HISEC, it does the exact opposite for NULLSEC.

I plead with you, CCP, to add in some sort of compensation mechanic to know who is logged off in the systems in which you have Sov, be it some sort of structure or module. Otherwise, this game seems like it may become unplayable for me. I truly hope it does not as after nearly 7 years of sweat equity, I don't want to lose what I've built in the game both in fake space ships and in friendships. Please either reconsider this change or give us some mechanic to compensate for log off traps.

Sincerely,
Makari Aeron

Susie Homemaker
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Holdings
#337 - 2016-03-11 02:18:43 UTC
Yu-Fang Gren wrote:
Reposting this, because CCP you really need to read this.

Makari Aeron wrote:
So CCP Lebowski, the problem here is not keeping the people from getting hunted who are on watch lists, but those of us who use watch lists to keep ourselves safe.

I'm from Providence. Those who have been there know that Honorable Third Party and many other reds like to hotdrop us. Fine. The problem is that they log off in local and relog later and hot drop. Thus if we don't know if they've logged off in local, the can log back in and hotdrop the people in local there. Often, they log off in combat sites or mining sites so that they can instantly hot drop people in there. Once upon a time, these "log off traps" were considered illegal or at the very least people would get reimbursed for their losses as such. Since about 2012 or 2013, that stopped.

To me the problem isn't keeping the person safe who can't be arsed to make sure they're safe because their in a war dec or to figure out a good fitting so they dont' get ganked, but instead you have penalized the people who kept themselves from being hunted by hotdroppers who realistically have no counter with the current mechanics other than to have a counter hot drop fleet ready 23.5/7 or having people watch every system in the area 23.5/7 and never take their eyes off local. It's not feasible. Without the watchlist mechanic as it was, the gameplay of myself and my friends is severely hampered to the point where it's neither fun nor worth my time and effort to keep my numerous alt accounts running.

Since 2011, I've seen more and more ways to "have quick and easy fights". While this does in deed counter that to some extent in HISEC, it does the exact opposite for NULLSEC.

I plead with you, CCP, to add in some sort of compensation mechanic to know who is logged off in the systems in which you have Sov, be it some sort of structure or module. Otherwise, this game seems like it may become unplayable for me. I truly hope it does not as after nearly 7 years of sweat equity, I don't want to lose what I've built in the game both in fake space ships and in friendships. Please either reconsider this change or give us some mechanic to compensate for log off traps.

Sincerely,
Makari Aeron



So what you're saying is that without the watchlist, nullsec is basically like wormholes?

Oh noes /o\

Maybe if the population of Provi weren't ******** nullbears and stopped giving HTP a reason to spend so much of their time in Provi with free marauder kills and the like, maybe HTP wouldn't bother Provi so much.

Every. Single. Time I roam through provi their intel is a disaster. I know from past experience that their recruitment practices are terrible, and they're flat out incompetent when it comes to dealing with spies.

No amount of fixing any game mechanic will fix what you're experiencing in Provi. Solution? Find an alliance with a backbone.

Just saying.

What happened to Eve's old motto; Here's a spaceship. Fuck you.

Daemun Khanid
Corbeau de sang
#338 - 2016-03-11 02:26:26 UTC
ergherhdfgh wrote:
marly cortez wrote:
Hmmm...Taking a bit too much notice of our focus groups are we not CCP......Remember. you pay them to tell you exactly what YOU want to hear......Gong's indeed. I wonder who thought up that rather fantastic idea.


P.S. I saw what you did there.....reactivate my 'Try New Camera' would you....It was deactivated for a very good reason...It's Not fit for purpose.

Yes please stop turning on stuff that I have already turned off.

You are aware that its (the old camera) is going to go away completely in the near future right? You should use it and try to give constructive criticism instead of turning it off, for your own good.

Daemun of Khanid

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#339 - 2016-03-11 02:40:03 UTC
For the buddy list, might it be possible to have different trust levels?

Corporation Members
Alliance Members
+10 standings
+5 standings
Neutral
-5 standings
-10 standings

Then adjust the DEFAULT settings as follows:

Corporation Members: automatically visible on buddy list if you add them - unless THEY uncheck the box that shows their status to other corporation members.

Alliance Members: automatically visible on buddy list if you add them, unless THEY uncheck the box that shows their status to other alliance members.

+10 standings: if both parties have standing set to +10, they are automatically visible to each other, unless THEY uncheck the box that shows their status to other +10's

+5 standings: if both parties have standing set to +5, they are automatically visible to each other, unless THEY uncheck the box that shows their status to other +5's

Neutral and lower - do not appear on buddy list unless both parties set standings and agree to it.

Thus, for my main account, I could allow anyone I trust to see when I log in or out. But I may not want the entire corporation, alliance, or coalition to be able to see when I log in my Titan pilot, so I uncheck those options for him.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Loccster Breau
Dog Soldier Collective
#340 - 2016-03-11 03:01:30 UTC
It would be grand if you could add an option to turn off that annoying gong every time something is killed/salvaged.