These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Decline in numbers... starting to turn into RAPID!!!

First post
Author
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1001 - 2015-09-01 23:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
Tippia wrote:


Let us evolve to multi-cellular then. I motion to discuss...

Your siggie!!

Ahh... Good ol... New player skill plan. I call it new player DPS plan. Very narrow viewed and one of those things that I feel is detriment. Not to be misunderstood! Heck no! Very well written! But it just tosses results before concepts. As result, a new player and thus, specific playstyle is thrust foreward as opposed to players finding a role they can really excel at.

A big issue is this information overload. So much stuff, but none direct it. Even eve uni is notorious for that. High detail wikis and such, but difficult to grasp some new player stuff if you are a new player.

Edit: Woot! Post 1001 in this thread. I feel like I reached a milestone for ship spinning

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#1002 - 2015-09-01 23:32:35 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Yoink.


grats Tippi, you won.

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1003 - 2015-09-01 23:39:43 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
Tippia wrote:


Let us evolve to multi-cellular then. I motion to discuss...

Your siggie!!

Ahh... Good ol... New player skill plan. I call it new player DPS plan. Very narrow viewed and one of those things that I feel is detriment. Not to be misunderstood! Heck no! Very well written! But it just tosses results before concepts. As result, a new player and thus, specific playstyle is thrust foreward as opposed to players finding a role they can really excel at.

A big issue is this information overload. So much stuff, but none direct it. Even eve uni is notorious for that. High detail wikis and such, but difficult to grasp some new player stuff if you are a new player.

Results before concepts, sure. But it has a fairly clear goal that is explained in the end. The original point was that the ship stuff is the bit that's hardest to get your head around so that's what it focuses on, with some exploration mixed in. If you want newbie trading or industry, the skill set is very limited and straight forward.

Above all, it's a solid foundation for anything that happens outside a station.
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1004 - 2015-09-01 23:44:20 UTC
That is kinda what I was getting at. In training, I like to open with concepts and considerations. Then bring in the whats with the why. It wasnt so much about industry/combat/training, but more that the people come for the skill plan then tl:dr the reasoning. In fact, sometimes, I dont even tell them skills, but instead teach what is available. Let them find their stuff.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Hilti Enaka
Space Wolves ind.
Solyaris Chtonium
#1005 - 2015-09-02 00:47:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Hilti Enaka
The fact is too many noobs play the game.

Something really drastic needs to change the face of PVP, i'm messing around FW space and like losing slashers. What annoys me more than anything is how you can set someone up perfectly just for a friend of the intended victim (that you don't see because the information is not there to be analysed) change the battle landscape. It's just causes PVP to be dull predictable and regimented.

I hate warp disrupters/scramblers (Cutting MWD off yes, stopping people from retreating no) they are one of the biggest deterrents for PVP because people won't commit. Some argue that you make the decision to engage and you must commit becuase you made a bad decision and you must pay the consequence. I don't agree on that at all. Someone can make a bad bad decision and have a mate come save him, you made a good decision but now because of unseen circumstances you have no way to regroup and retreat.

If anything, the next mods to hit the hammer should be warp disrupters and scramblers.
Raffael Ramirez
Alcohol Fuelled
#1006 - 2015-09-02 02:30:15 UTC
Hilti Enaka wrote:
The fact is too many noobs play the game.

Something really drastic needs to change the face of PVP, i'm messing around FW space and like losing slashers. What annoys me more than anything is how you can set someone up perfectly just for a friend of the intended victim (that you don't see because the information is not there to be analysed) change the battle landscape. It's just causes PVP to be dull predictable and regimented.

I hate warp disrupters/scramblers (Cutting MWD off yes, stopping people from retreating no) they are one of the biggest deterrents for PVP because people won't commit. Some argue that you make the decision to engage and you must commit becuase you made a bad decision and you must pay the consequence. I don't agree on that at all. Someone can make a bad bad decision and have a mate come save him, you made a good decision but now because of unseen circumstances you have no way to regroup and retreat.

If anything, the next mods to hit the hammer should be warp disrupters and scramblers.


Terrible idea , no one dies ever again since retreating is an option unless they instapop.

Also WCS, look them up :)
Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#1007 - 2015-09-02 05:11:39 UTC
Raffael Ramirez wrote:
Hilti Enaka wrote:
The fact is too many noobs play the game.

Something really drastic needs to change the face of PVP, i'm messing around FW space and like losing slashers. What annoys me more than anything is how you can set someone up perfectly just for a friend of the intended victim (that you don't see because the information is not there to be analysed) change the battle landscape. It's just causes PVP to be dull predictable and regimented.

I hate warp disrupters/scramblers (Cutting MWD off yes, stopping people from retreating no) they are one of the biggest deterrents for PVP because people won't commit. Some argue that you make the decision to engage and you must commit becuase you made a bad decision and you must pay the consequence. I don't agree on that at all. Someone can make a bad bad decision and have a mate come save him, you made a good decision but now because of unseen circumstances you have no way to regroup and retreat.

If anything, the next mods to hit the hammer should be warp disrupters and scramblers.


Terrible idea , no one dies ever again since retreating is an option unless they instapop.

Also WCS, look them up :)


Terrible module.
Also ecm drones and energy neutralizers, look them up :)

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#1008 - 2015-09-02 06:41:12 UTC
I'm curious if rising PLEX prices will mean fewer casual sub-with-PLEX players and more casual sub-with-money players.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#1009 - 2015-09-02 07:27:16 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I'm curious if rising PLEX prices will mean fewer casual sub-with-PLEX players and more casual sub-with-money players.

Hard to say. There may be 3rd option: casuals may leave.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#1010 - 2015-09-02 07:28:02 UTC
Caleb Seremshur
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#1011 - 2015-09-02 07:35:29 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Casuals who buy PLEX would stay, what are you talking about.


The kind of people you're talking about - the ones who have the skill and experience and SP to grind a bil every month are not the casuals.

Casuals are the guys who sell PLEX to keep ahead whilr remaining on a subscription.

Let's just clear that up.
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#1012 - 2015-09-02 07:39:32 UTC
What if I have the skill and SP to grind tens of billions a month, but buy PLEX because EVE is torture?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1013 - 2015-09-02 07:51:54 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
What if I have the skill and SP to grind tens of billions a month, but buy PLEX because EVE is torture?

Then CCP should probably look into licensing EVE to the security and defence sector and use the cash to offer it for free to the players.
Avvy
Doomheim
#1014 - 2015-09-02 08:32:05 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I'm curious if rising PLEX prices will mean fewer casual sub-with-PLEX players and more casual sub-with-money players.



It's just supply and demand.

As soon as the demand drops so will the price. Although I doubt there will be a price crash as people see them as investments. It's more likely that players will just hold onto them if the price dips slightly preventing a price crash.

EVE's market is manipulated by the players to some degree.


I doubt EVE will lose many players just because of the PLEX price, it may lose a few that can't really afford to sub. It is more likely to lose alt accounts though but of course that will depend on how many are being run by someone and their personal circumstances.
Skeln Thargensen
Doomheim
#1015 - 2015-09-02 08:43:26 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
I'm curious if rising PLEX prices will mean fewer casual sub-with-PLEX players and more casual sub-with-money players.


i never bought PLEX for IRL cash before they hit 1Bn. the 2 pack seems a like a deal now if you can't spare the time or be bothered making ISK.

forums.  serious business.

Whitehound
#1016 - 2015-09-02 09:14:23 UTC
Cancel Align NOW wrote:
... We can not know the instances when things occur ...

Which is why to an observer it is random.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#1017 - 2015-09-02 09:20:24 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Casuals who buy PLEX would stay, what are you talking about.

Define casuals.
I'm casual. I'm playing 2-3 hours sessions, not every day. I'm plexing my account because I know where to get ISK. What about those who don't know and can't afford to pay for sub?

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Darth Schweinebacke
Wings of Fury.
#1018 - 2015-09-02 09:27:41 UTC
Hilti Enaka wrote:
The fact is too many noobs play the game.

Something really drastic needs to change the face of PVP, i'm messing around FW space and like losing slashers. What annoys me more than anything is how you can set someone up perfectly just for a friend of the intended victim (that you don't see because the information is not there to be analysed) change the battle landscape. It's just causes PVP to be dull predictable and regimented.

I hate warp disrupters/scramblers (Cutting MWD off yes, stopping people from retreating no) they are one of the biggest deterrents for PVP because people won't commit. Some argue that you make the decision to engage and you must commit becuase you made a bad decision and you must pay the consequence. I don't agree on that at all. Someone can make a bad bad decision and have a mate come save him, you made a good decision but now because of unseen circumstances you have no way to regroup and retreat.

If anything, the next mods to hit the hammer should be warp disrupters and scramblers.


I like how you start your post and then expose yourself as one of them. Well done!

In regards to the worst ideas ever: This one must definetly be in the top10.
Avvy
Doomheim
#1019 - 2015-09-02 09:28:46 UTC
Whitehound wrote:
Cancel Align NOW wrote:
... We can not know the instances when things occur ...

Which is why to an observer it is random.



Something may appear random to someone but that doesn't mean it is.


Like someone else said if there was no light there would be no colour, I disagree with that. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there.


Darth Schweinebacke
Wings of Fury.
#1020 - 2015-09-02 09:39:13 UTC
Avvy wrote:


Like someone else said if there was no light there would be no colour, I disagree with that. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there.



You might want to do some research on that topic before making such a nonsense statement.