These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP Response Regarding SOMER Blink Concerns

First post First post First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#341 - 2014-08-21 00:51:57 UTC
Henry Plantgenet wrote:
i wonder if every CCP member has to consult the legal team before making a forum post.
But they are read and judged*) by CCL. Does that count? Twisted


*) = Only as far as the forum rules go mind you...

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#342 - 2014-08-21 00:53:19 UTC
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


this is nothing but conjecture and it's wrong

Ohkewl wrote:
Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


also wrong

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#343 - 2014-08-21 00:54:04 UTC
Frantico wrote:
"We do not remove ISK or assets from banned accounts to re-distribute them into the game, regardless of their rarity or value."

well actualy you do you did it with Plexes, So there is presidence for this action beeing taken

*edited*
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=336609

feels dumb i have tell ccp what ccp has done but sure


Well it's been recently noticed that different parts of CCP might not be on the same page.
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#344 - 2014-08-21 00:55:13 UTC
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


This is an oversimplification and accuses people at CCP of malicious intent. Something that, you know, isn't smart to accuse people of. If you think there's a flaw with what they did or that there were ulterior motives contact CCP's Internal Affairs team with the evidence.

Ohkewl wrote:
Good job at damagecontrol CCP. I see devs and csm members are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


Having an SA account doesn't automatically qualify you for GoonWaffe/GoonSwarm membership. That said, you don't have to have an SA account to get into GoonSwarm so this is, as most of your posts are, slander and hearsay. I know you didn't get your way, but to attack others in the way you're complaining people are "attacking" Somer is rather hypocritical.
Brahan Seer
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#345 - 2014-08-21 01:01:42 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4361524732815

Thats all I gotta say about this thread at this point
De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#346 - 2014-08-21 01:02:59 UTC
Brahan Seer wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Brahan Seer wrote:
Load of crap Somer did nothing to hurt the health of the community and you all at CCP know it. Goodjob ******* a service the a huge player base has loved. Unsubed again.


Cheers mate. You won't be missed.



Very original insult, please try again later.


Actually I was quite polite, and why would I try again later? You won't be here.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#347 - 2014-08-21 01:03:32 UTC
Cryo Kool wrote:

Agreed. Even if the particular promotion had received clearance from CCP, verifying something was in compliance with the rules does not constitute an official endorsement of it. In other words, "approved by CCP" would never have been appropriate to list on their site without explicit permission to do so.


Which brings to mind a certain ongoing, running joke by a podcast.

Xander Phoena
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#348 - 2014-08-21 01:07:28 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Cryo Kool wrote:

Agreed. Even if the particular promotion had received clearance from CCP, verifying something was in compliance with the rules does not constitute an official endorsement of it. In other words, "approved by CCP" would never have been appropriate to list on their site without explicit permission to do so.


Which brings to mind a certain ongoing, running joke by a podcast.



YOU MUST POINT ME TO THIS PODCAST SO I CAN IMMEDIATELY RAISE A CASE WITH CCP.

*ahem*

www.crossingzebras.com

DaOpa
Static Corp
#349 - 2014-08-21 01:08:03 UTC
DaOpa wrote:
So is this RMT or not, paying a EVE Player ISK to work on stuff / content that has nothing to do with EVE Online>?


Oh I forgot to add in, all that stuff they worked on is monetized via Ads/ Affiliate programs etc...

Yes?
No?

Or requires legal team to answer....


Thanks!
Big smile
Ohkewl
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#350 - 2014-08-21 01:14:08 UTC
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


This is an oversimplification and accuses people at CCP of malicious intent. Something that, you know, isn't smart to accuse people of. If you think there's a flaw with what they did or that there were ulterior motives contact CCP's Internal Affairs team with the evidence.

CCP lost all its credibility when they said, oh Somer had permission from Ms Y but that doesnt count, he needed permission from Mr X.

Ohkewl wrote:
Good job at damagecontrol CCP. I see devs and csm members are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


Having an SA account doesn't automatically qualify you for GoonWaffe/GoonSwarm membership. That said, you don't have to have an SA account to get into GoonSwarm so this is, as most of your posts are, slander and hearsay. I know you didn't get your way, but to attack others in the way you're complaining people are "attacking" Somer is rather hypocritical.


I'm only wrong when none of the hatespewing goons have a SA account. That some of them dont, is irrelevent.
De'Veldrin
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#351 - 2014-08-21 01:17:34 UTC
Ohkewl wrote:
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


This is an oversimplification and accuses people at CCP of malicious intent. Something that, you know, isn't smart to accuse people of. If you think there's a flaw with what they did or that there were ulterior motives contact CCP's Internal Affairs team with the evidence.

CCP lost all its credibility when they said, oh Somer had permission from Ms Y but that doesnt count, he needed permission from Mr X.

Ohkewl wrote:
Good job at damagecontrol CCP. I see devs and csm members are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


Having an SA account doesn't automatically qualify you for GoonWaffe/GoonSwarm membership. That said, you don't have to have an SA account to get into GoonSwarm so this is, as most of your posts are, slander and hearsay. I know you didn't get your way, but to attack others in the way you're complaining people are "attacking" Somer is rather hypocritical.


I'm only wrong when none of the hatespewing goons have a SA account. That some of them dont, is irrelevent.


Actually, there are a fair few people on SA that don't play EVE, and so aren't in Goonswarm. So, your tinfoil hattery aside, there's no real connection between the two.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#352 - 2014-08-21 01:18:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Ohkewl wrote:
I'm only wrong when none of the hatespewing goons have a SA account. That some of them dont, is irrelevent.


goonwaffe wasn't designed around having people join SA in order to join goonwaffe

there's also zero affiliation between goonwaffe and SA beyond the fact that its core membership are SA members

something awful is a forum with 180,000+ members and goonwaffe is a corp with 4,000 characters, half of which are alts and maybe a quarter of which actually joined from SA

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Cameron Freerunner
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#353 - 2014-08-21 01:20:05 UTC
Lady Naween wrote:
Cameron Freerunner wrote:
I'm curious how Somer is able to return items and ISK if all of his accounts have been banned.


ffs.. it has been answered so many times.

Somer personally didnt do all the transfer of winnings and isk, she had people who did it for her. and they can still do so! by the hate of Michael why can't people read a little before asking the same frakking question over and over.

*facedesks so hard*

CCP: well done. Two thumbs up in how you handled this. Now go have a beer and some sleep, perhaps some hot man on man on woman **** or something to unwind.. I.. know I will ^^

Not all of us have your stamina for reading endless pages of bull ****, psychobabble, and highly emotional nerds. But thank you for proving how much smarter than me you are by answering my question. To answer your question, people who think they're smarter than me will answer my question, so I don't need to read. In a way, that's EVE in a nutshell.

It's odd that all of these "helpers" are so helpful. I wonder if there was any arm twisting. Or other disincentives.

And I must say, this is the first time I've ever seen CCP manage a crisis in such a short period of time. It's refreshing. It might even be a good sign. Now if they could only get their corporate procedures in order to avoid these incidents in the first place. Maybe they should consider promoting Falcon and friends. They seem to have an inkling.

Brahan Seer
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#354 - 2014-08-21 01:28:49 UTC
Considering its goons online probably nothing and already did report it thanks
Ohkewl
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#355 - 2014-08-21 01:29:00 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Ohkewl wrote:
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


This is an oversimplification and accuses people at CCP of malicious intent. Something that, you know, isn't smart to accuse people of. If you think there's a flaw with what they did or that there were ulterior motives contact CCP's Internal Affairs team with the evidence.

CCP lost all its credibility when they said, oh Somer had permission from Ms Y but that doesnt count, he needed permission from Mr X.

Ohkewl wrote:
Good job at damagecontrol CCP. I see devs and csm members are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


Having an SA account doesn't automatically qualify you for GoonWaffe/GoonSwarm membership. That said, you don't have to have an SA account to get into GoonSwarm so this is, as most of your posts are, slander and hearsay. I know you didn't get your way, but to attack others in the way you're complaining people are "attacking" Somer is rather hypocritical.


I'm only wrong when none of the hatespewing goons have a SA account. That some of them dont, is irrelevent.


Actually, there are a fair few people on SA that don't play EVE, and so aren't in Goonswarm. So, your tinfoil hattery aside, there's no real connection between the two.


And again thats irrelevent.
HarlyQ
harlyq syrokos investment station
#356 - 2014-08-21 01:29:04 UTC
Ohkewl wrote:
Hendrick Tallardar wrote:
Ohkewl wrote:
So the short version is, since Somer shutdown his site CCP couldnt make any more money off him from the increased plexsales, so we now might as well ban him to calm the angry mob.


This is an oversimplification and accuses people at CCP of malicious intent. Something that, you know, isn't smart to accuse people of. If you think there's a flaw with what they did or that there were ulterior motives contact CCP's Internal Affairs team with the evidence.

CCP lost all its credibility when they said, oh Somer had permission from Ms Y but that doesnt count, he needed permission from Mr X.

Ohkewl wrote:
Good job at damagecontrol CCP. I see devs and csm members are already patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.


Having an SA account doesn't automatically qualify you for GoonWaffe/GoonSwarm membership. That said, you don't have to have an SA account to get into GoonSwarm so this is, as most of your posts are, slander and hearsay. I know you didn't get your way, but to attack others in the way you're complaining people are "attacking" Somer is rather hypocritical.


I'm only wrong when none of the hatespewing goons have a SA account. That some of them dont, is irrelevent.

I do not spew hate sir. I only spew how irrelevant to the game YOU are sir.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#357 - 2014-08-21 01:33:32 UTC
Xander Phoena wrote:
KIller Wabbit wrote:
Cryo Kool wrote:

Agreed. Even if the particular promotion had received clearance from CCP, verifying something was in compliance with the rules does not constitute an official endorsement of it. In other words, "approved by CCP" would never have been appropriate to list on their site without explicit permission to do so.


Which brings to mind a certain ongoing, running joke by a podcast.



YOU MUST POINT ME TO THIS PODCAST SO I CAN IMMEDIATELY RAISE A CASE WITH CCP.

*ahem*


lol
Hendrick Tallardar
Doomheim
#358 - 2014-08-21 01:36:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Hendrick Tallardar
Brahan Seer wrote:
Considering its goons online probably nothing and already did report it thanks


OK, so you're gonna ***** and moan while making accusations without actually doing anything about it. Sounds like a good use of your time.

Ohkewl wrote:
If CCP have proven anything yet, it's that you can get away with anything, as long as you have a large enough mob behind you.


OK, so you're also making excuses for not doing anything. Gotcha, well I hear World of Warcraft is getting an expansion in a couple of weeks you could try that. Or maybe Star Citizen, I hear that's a good game.
Sion Kumitomo
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#359 - 2014-08-21 01:43:54 UTC
Oh those wacky goons, is there no conspiracy theory they aren't perfect for?

On twitter @siggonK

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#360 - 2014-08-21 01:46:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
crimsonshank wrote:
1st off I don't believe RMTing was performed here, CCP provides the PLEX/GTC to the third party vendors who in return sell to those that are space poor. CCP was making money from this full circle and closing SOMER down is like cutting your nose off to spite your face! that is lost revenue for CCP that doesn't make sense.
Same excuse has been made for every bot/RMT ban ever. It doesn't change the fact that they by far prefer to get rid of botters, RMTers, and other disruptive customers than let people arbitrarily break the rules without repercussion. They also didn't close Somer down.

Quote:
let TMC stay up with its RMT practices
What RMT practices are those? And why haven't you reported them to CCP?

DaOpa wrote:
So is this RMT or not, paying a EVE Player ISK to work on stuff / content that has nothing to do with EVE Online>?
No. The answer to that has been “no” since roughly forever and there's nothing to suggest that it will change any time soon.

Ohkewl wrote:
Also rather funny to see all the hate here towards Somer from all the guys that paid $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program.
Just one problem: guys that try to pay $10 to get into a corp with a 120% SRP program invariably fail to get into said corp because paying $10 doesn't help anyone get in.

Quote:
If CCP have proven anything yet, it's that you can get away with anything, as long as you have a large enough mob behind you.
Quite the opposite. Somer had a huge mob behind him, and he didn't manage to get away with anything in spite of that.