These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

More CCP "attacks" being planned for this weekend?

First post
Author
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#1 - 2011-12-08 19:17:52 UTC
apparently there's increased activity in their 'home' system

"These emissions might indicate increased activity in the mysterious system during the upcoming weekend"
and
"fragments of a secret code hidden within these emissions which could be deciphered as “cc.sup.lye.avan.”"
Jenshae Chiroptera
#2 - 2011-12-08 19:20:19 UTC
I hope that they have a practice session before hand to have a good working fleet. Maybe have some capitals come in.

I think they should have a 25%-50% damage reduction on top of what they get from their fits so that the event lasts longer.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2011-12-08 19:23:12 UTC
CCP use any lav.

(For those of you not british, lav = toilet)
Farrisen
MoaR ChickeN
#4 - 2011-12-08 19:29:44 UTC
Ive been cracking away at the code, and well, I need moar coffé

http://i.imgur.com/DWBuV.png

Originally by: CCP Spitfire: It's because of falcon.

Hecatonis
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2011-12-08 19:34:39 UTC
i wonder if they would let no CCPers fleet up with them? because i would join in a second.
Athena Echo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-08 19:35:24 UTC
Wooooooo excited.
MrTiddles
Lambent Enterprises
#7 - 2011-12-08 19:37:44 UTC
Has anyone cracked the code yet?

Humankind rarely forgives true greatness.

CCP Phantom
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2011-12-08 19:38:19 UTC
Who would ever trust the discoveries of people out in the field? Surely those "respectable research institutions" have a much better insight into things!

CCP Phantom - Senior Community Developer

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#9 - 2011-12-08 19:39:46 UTC
ok, ok. now hand up, who is responsible for the pink noise emission?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Michus Danether
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-12-08 19:41:00 UTC
"cc.sup.lye.avan" obviously means CCP Super Leviathan.

I can't even breathe I am so excited.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#11 - 2011-12-08 19:43:47 UTC
as long as time dilation is being tested everyones all inBig smile

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#12 - 2011-12-08 19:45:41 UTC
CCP Supply Caravan?

This must be the event that results in the seeding of the BPOs for the new... wait... I've said too much...

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Raid'En
#13 - 2011-12-08 19:46:06 UTC
Salpun wrote:
as long as time dilation is being tested everyones all inBig smile

i though TD was still not ready for TQ ?
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#14 - 2011-12-08 19:48:04 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
CCP Supply Caravan?
that was my first read on it too, but the "e" threw me. “cc.sup.lye.avan.”"

The first deciphering my mind threw out was that . replaced P, making the message "CCP Supply Epavan", which only makes sense after snorting some .ercocet.
Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#15 - 2011-12-08 19:50:03 UTC
who is this CCPSupplyvan person?

treasure alt?
Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#16 - 2011-12-08 19:52:13 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
CCP Supply Caravan?
that was my first read on it too, but the "e" threw me. “cc.sup.lye.avan.”"

The first deciphering my mind threw out was that . replaced P, making the message "CCP Supply Epavan", which only makes sense after snorting some .ercocet.


They're attempting to crack a code... I can see an extraneous "e" being in error to open things up to guessing a little more.

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-12-08 19:53:47 UTC
nevermind.
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#18 - 2011-12-08 19:54:26 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
CCP Supply Caravan?
that was my first read on it too, but the "e" threw me. “cc.sup.lye.avan.”"

The first deciphering my mind threw out was that . replaced P, making the message "CCP Supply Epavan", which only makes sense after snorting some .ercocet.


They're attempting to crack a code... I can see an extraneous "e" being in error to open things up to guessing a little more.

You're right, I was being too literal and assuming that the elements we had were legitimate when they could well be deliberately "fuzzy".
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#19 - 2011-12-08 19:57:18 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
CCP Supply Caravan?
that was my first read on it too, but the "e" threw me. “cc.sup.lye.avan.”"

The first deciphering my mind threw out was that . replaced P, making the message "CCP Supply Epavan", which only makes sense after snorting some .ercocet.


They're attempting to crack a code... I can see an extraneous "e" being in error to open things up to guessing a little more.

You're right, I was being too literal and assuming that the elements we had were legitimate when they could well be deliberately "fuzzy".

I guess it could also be "CCP Supply Rapevan" but I'm pretty sure that's an event I'm NOT interested in attending.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2011-12-08 19:58:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Sorry to tell you guys, but you're falling for a typical error.

The last . stands for another letter, it's not a dot.


Yes, i know that everybody here counts it as a dot,
at least that's what i'm seeing from the responses ...
... still, it's not a dot, it's a missing letter.

That, or i'm just wrong ... sue me.
Anyway, ignoring the idea that it could be a letter,
just because sentences end with a dot ... makes no sense.

Just wanted to point it out ... and tell you that i find it funny to see people fall for that. xD
It's typical. ^^
123Next pageLast page