These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

More CCP "attacks" being planned for this weekend?

First post
Author
Adaahh Gee
Trust Doesn't Rust
Sev3rance
#101 - 2011-12-09 11:12:20 UTC
Quote:
iii. For a Change in the EULA
If an amendment alters a material term of the EULA that is unacceptable to you, you may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, terminate the EULA and close your Accounts by: (a) clicking the "DECLINE" button when you are prompted to review and agree to the amended EULA; or (b) notifying CCP via electronic mail within thirty (30) days after the amended EULA was communicated to you, provided that you have not clicked the "ACCEPT" button, accessed the System or played the Game during that period. Your notice must state: (i) that you do not agree to the amended EULA, specifically describing the amendment(s) with which you disagree, and request CCP to close all of your Accounts; (ii) your player name and (iii) your login name. You may receive a refund of any prepaid subscription fees, prorated as of the effective date of your termination, by sending CCP a request via electronic mail within thirty (30) days of your termination notice. If you click "ACCEPT" or otherwise continue to access the System or play the Game, you shall be deemed to have accepted the amended EULA and waive your rights to terminate under this section.



Could this be used as a way to extract RL money from ISK?

If you bought 10 years worth of plex and applied them to your account, then quit due to disagreement with EULA, they would refund your remaining gametime (ie 10 years) in RL Money??
Singoth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#102 - 2011-12-09 11:15:50 UTC
cc.sup.lye.avan = Vacancy Pulse (anagram!)


No idea what it means, but it means *something*, right?!

Less yappin', more zappin'!

Enna Bairelle
Aeolus Logistics
#103 - 2011-12-09 11:17:29 UTC
Cynojam the system this time, please ?
Lavraen
Brittas Empire
Pandemic Horde
#104 - 2011-12-09 11:31:52 UTC
CCP surprise live event ?
Khaine Beralt
Third World Democracy
#105 - 2011-12-09 11:48:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Khaine Beralt
Dunno if it's been figured out already- too late to trawl the thread


I tossed cc.sup.lye.avan into an anagram decoder then narrowed it down by words you hear frequently in Eve, like pulse, navy, etc. When I narrowed it down using the word Navy as a keyword I got:

Navy Caps Clue

That's all I got. I really don't see a substantial gameplay change making it's way to the server via an encoded message, but whatever.
Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#106 - 2011-12-09 12:46:11 UTC
The really sad part is how these events completely forget that there's a whole wormhole community out there in advanced null space, not just the mega-alliances in lesser-null.

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Hirana Yoshida
Behavioral Affront
#107 - 2011-12-09 12:49:04 UTC
I wish they would do actual RP instead of the kindergarten crap .. if their idea of fun is to hand out umpteen mails and loot to whomever blobs them first then I pity them.
Xtover
Cold Moon Destruction.
#108 - 2011-12-09 14:05:31 UTC
Fly Eidolons.

CCP Legion
#109 - 2011-12-09 15:05:05 UTC
Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
Exxitium
#110 - 2011-12-09 16:01:28 UTC


Is it a vigenere cipher? Looks like one.

C.
Commander Spurty
#111 - 2011-12-09 16:10:36 UTC
Chuckle, last night I think I got:

CCPS "EULA" Navy


from it. WTF does that mean? Gawd knows, but doesn't sound good!!

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#112 - 2011-12-09 16:20:30 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
The really sad part is how these events completely forget that there's a whole wormhole community out there in advanced null space, not just the mega-alliances in lesser-null.

as a long-time WH resident I have to disagree - you feel that WH residents get excluded during these events but having them in WH's excludes everyone else.
Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#113 - 2011-12-09 16:22:16 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
I wish they would do actual RP instead of the kindergarten crap .. if their idea of fun is to hand out umpteen mails and loot to whomever blobs them first then I pity them.

being pitied by a RP'er?

Heh. I'm guessing that WASN'T an attempt at humour, eh?
Ingvar Angst
Nasty Pope Holding Corp
#114 - 2011-12-09 16:44:05 UTC
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
The really sad part is how these events completely forget that there's a whole wormhole community out there in advanced null space, not just the mega-alliances in lesser-null.

as a long-time WH resident I have to disagree - you feel that WH residents get excluded during these events but having them in WH's excludes everyone else.


That's true, that's true. But having them in the bowels of null really puts a limiting factor on who can attend them sadly.

There's probably no real solution though to realistically allow everyone an even chance to participate...

Six months in the hole... it changes a man.

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#115 - 2011-12-09 16:45:02 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
That's true, that's true. But having them in the bowels of null really puts a limiting factor on who can attend them sadly.
Now THAT I completely agree with.
jowming
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2011-12-10 01:25:48 UTC
im thinging the last part is off

my guess is ccp supply haven possibly meaning its a storage dump for ccp ?
Ximena Navah
D A M O T E F
#117 - 2011-12-10 23:35:11 UTC
"CCP supply en avant's"

CCP are moving their supplies forward!

Amamake.. Watch out! Twisted
Potamus Jenkins
eXceed Inc.
Plucky Adventurers
#118 - 2011-12-10 23:38:51 UTC
Ingvar Angst wrote:
Pesky LaRue wrote:
Ingvar Angst wrote:
The really sad part is how these events completely forget that there's a whole wormhole community out there in advanced null space, not just the mega-alliances in lesser-null.

as a long-time WH resident I have to disagree - you feel that WH residents get excluded during these events but having them in WH's excludes everyone else.


That's true, that's true. But having them in the bowels of null really puts a limiting factor on who can attend them sadly.

There's probably no real solution though to realistically allow everyone an even chance to participate...



but it wasnt in the "bowels" of null.
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#119 - 2011-12-10 23:49:32 UTC
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#120 - 2011-12-11 00:07:52 UTC
Adaahh Gee wrote:
Quote:
iii. For a Change in the EULA
If an amendment alters a material term of the EULA that is unacceptable to you, you may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, terminate the EULA and close your Accounts by: (a) clicking the "DECLINE" button when you are prompted to review and agree to the amended EULA; or (b) notifying CCP via electronic mail within thirty (30) days after the amended EULA was communicated to you, provided that you have not clicked the "ACCEPT" button, accessed the System or played the Game during that period. Your notice must state: (i) that you do not agree to the amended EULA, specifically describing the amendment(s) with which you disagree, and request CCP to close all of your Accounts; (ii) your player name and (iii) your login name. You may receive a refund of any prepaid subscription fees, prorated as of the effective date of your termination, by sending CCP a request via electronic mail within thirty (30) days of your termination notice. If you click "ACCEPT" or otherwise continue to access the System or play the Game, you shall be deemed to have accepted the amended EULA and waive your rights to terminate under this section.



Could this be used as a way to extract RL money from ISK?

If you bought 10 years worth of plex and applied them to your account, then quit due to disagreement with EULA, they would refund your remaining gametime (ie 10 years) in RL Money??


I'm sure its done on a case-by-case basis. And it DOES say "you MAY receive" not "You WILL receive"
I imagine they'd only refund people who paid with real money

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP