These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Crius] Industry Landscape feedback

First post First post
Author
Lord Alex2
Packet Loss Ltd.
#21 - 2014-06-10 17:47:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Alex2
Edit: moved to UI feedback
Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-06-10 18:24:40 UTC
An option to hide blueprints that are in containers would be really neat since right now all blueprints that aren't in a ship are shown in the list (even though they can't be searched for in the asset list).

This is especially an issue with cheap blueprint(copies) that are cluttering up the UI unnecessarily since it's impossible to start a job from a blueprint that's inside a container (Trying that gives you the following error: Cannot use this blueprint from its current location).
mynnna
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#23 - 2014-06-10 18:57:45 UTC
http://i.imgur.com/ZmjbwIF.png

Are teams part of the landscape? I assume so. Some of their values are bugged.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Theng Hofses
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2014-06-10 19:49:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Theng Hofses
I have at least 20,000 BPCs and BPOs in my alt corp (or at least that's where I stopped counting). The system is completely overwhelmed by it and sorting/finding the item you want to manufacture is not working in a usable way.

Also, existing 10 run T2 Drone BPCs have been reduced to ME6 BPCs with one (1) run. Is that what is intended?
probag Bear
Xiong Offices
#25 - 2014-06-10 20:15:34 UTC  |  Edited by: probag Bear
Current Habit wrote:
since it's impossible to start a job from a blueprint that's inside a container (Trying that gives you the following error: Cannot use this blueprint from its current location).


This was actually one of the major promises that were made. May I get developer comment on this: is allowing players to use blueprints that are inside containers still something you're planning to do and haven't gotten to yet, or have you scrapped the idea due to coding issues?

From what I hear of the current SiSi build, it's not nearly as big an issue as it seemed when it was first promised. But it'd still be a nice feature to have when you're juggling several tens of thousand BPCs.

Edit:
Theng Hofses wrote:
I have at least 20,000 BPCs and BPOs in my alt corp (or at least that's where I stopped counting). The system is completely overwhelmed by it and sorting/finding the item you want to manufacture is not working in a usable way.

Welp. I should update SiSi instead of relying on word of mouth.
Current Habit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-06-10 20:24:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Current Habit
Yeah right now the issue seems to be more that people with a lot of blueprints have a hard time working with the new interface because the sheer number of blueprints is overwhelming the system.

Regarding the quoted part, I tried to use a BPC that was stored in a station container with the minerals in the regular item hangar and got the error I posted above, when using a BPC (for the same item) that was in the item hangar itself I could start the job without a problem.

e: To clarify, I was in the same station as the BPCs and the container.
BigWolfUK
Sons-of-Liberty
#27 - 2014-06-11 01:16:14 UTC
Well, it seems for T2 manufacturing, you now need 2 T1 variation items to build

I know this was brought up by some players as being a possibility with the removal of extra materials, but we were also told by CCP (Cannot remember which dev), that something will be put in place to ensure only 1 of the T1 variation items will be required

So, is this a feature or a bug? (I assume bug, but you never know these days)
ElectronHerd Askulf
Aridia Logistical Misdirection
#28 - 2014-06-11 01:45:10 UTC
BigWolfUK wrote:
Well, it seems for T2 manufacturing, you now need 2 T1 variation items to build

I know this was brought up by some players as being a possibility with the removal of extra materials, but we were also told by CCP (Cannot remember which dev), that something will be put in place to ensure only 1 of the T1 variation items will be required

So, is this a feature or a bug? (I assume bug, but you never know these days)


They've mentioned a few times that this is a known bug.
Sigras
Conglomo
#29 - 2014-06-11 03:00:20 UTC
I see teams for "Capital Construction Components" such as Capital Armor Plates, but no place for "Advanced Capital Construction Components" such as Capital Fernite Carbide Composite Armor Plates

Come to think of it, I didnt see any for advanced construction components either IE regular T2 components used to make T2 ships etc.

Is this an oversight? Intended? or am I just blind?
Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#30 - 2014-06-11 05:51:44 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Update: turns out I misunderstood what the programmers were telling me,

you can understand themShocked


Obviously not entirely :)

May I lend you a Babel-fish? :)
shaun 27
Bulldog Industry
#31 - 2014-06-11 07:38:15 UTC  |  Edited by: shaun 27
Hey

I got a few questions may have missed someone mention this or it was in a dev blog.

Will tax in a system be effected if you inventing or building at a pos and also whats stopping me in empire from spamming all the moons with control towers to stop other people raising the cost to build invent copy etc if it does raise cost. Thinking along the lines of systems with no stations.

Again i might have missed something along the line still in test server. But nice job so far although i cant build muninns and few other things atm on test server due to price information being incorrect or something.

shaun
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#32 - 2014-06-11 08:44:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
I find the Team bidding process a bit unintuitive.

When I enter the name of my preferred solar system in the "Search for a Solar System" box, it does not automatically search for the solar system when I go to the ISK box below, and instead I need to press enter in the SfaSS box. This shouldn't be the case. Now that I know that it's not a big deal any more, but at the first try it's still a bit unnerving.

Also, I am not sure about the display of the solar system with the highest bid , or any bid for that matter, in the bidding process. That should be anonymous, because it is a very easy to access source of intelligence and will be exploited to either

  • drive the cost for a team into astronomical heights in order to make the team pointless for the winner, or
  • to find out where the team is likely headed and then someone can just set up enough jobs in the particular system to make any industry in there unprofitable. This is particularly problematic and easy to achieve when the "attacker" sees a high bid for a system with only 1 or 2 stations with industry capabilities. These systems are extremely easy to manipulate and to ruin.

This is going to happen, trust me. Blink
Instead, you should just see the system you are bidding on and where it is in the list as well as the bids of other systems.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#33 - 2014-06-11 10:22:51 UTC
probag Bear wrote:
Current Habit wrote:
since it's impossible to start a job from a blueprint that's inside a container (Trying that gives you the following error: Cannot use this blueprint from its current location).


This was actually one of the major promises that were made. May I get developer comment on this: is allowing players to use blueprints that are inside containers still something you're planning to do and haven't gotten to yet, or have you scrapped the idea due to coding issues?

From what I hear of the current SiSi build, it's not nearly as big an issue as it seemed when it was first promised. But it'd still be a nice feature to have when you're juggling several tens of thousand BPCs.

Edit:
Theng Hofses wrote:
I have at least 20,000 BPCs and BPOs in my alt corp (or at least that's where I stopped counting). The system is completely overwhelmed by it and sorting/finding the item you want to manufacture is not working in a usable way.

Welp. I should update SiSi instead of relying on word of mouth.


Yes you should be able to start a job with a blueprint in a container.

Performance with 20,000 blueprints is going to be sub-optimal at the moment, but we still have plans to optimize performance for heavy users, including improving the filtering options based on feedback.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#34 - 2014-06-11 10:31:48 UTC
mynnna wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/ZmjbwIF.png

Are teams part of the landscape? I assume so. Some of their values are bugged.


Yes, the values are too large.

Theng Hofses wrote:
I have at least 20,000 BPCs and BPOs in my alt corp (or at least that's where I stopped counting). The system is completely overwhelmed by it and sorting/finding the item you want to manufacture is not working in a usable way.

Also, existing 10 run T2 Drone BPCs have been reduced to ME6 BPCs with one (1) run. Is that what is intended?


1 run BPCs is not intended, I'll look into that.

shaun 27 wrote:
Hey

I got a few questions may have missed someone mention this or it was in a dev blog.

Will tax in a system be effected if you inventing or building at a pos and also whats stopping me in empire from spamming all the moons with control towers to stop other people raising the cost to build invent copy etc if it does raise cost. Thinking along the lines of systems with no stations.

Again i might have missed something along the line still in test server. But nice job so far although i cant build muninns and few other things atm on test server due to price information being incorrect or something.

shaun


No tax at starbases. Nothing stops you spamming moons with towers except for other players :)

BigWolfUK wrote:
Well, it seems for T2 manufacturing, you now need 2 T1 variation items to build

I know this was brought up by some players as being a possibility with the removal of extra materials, but we were also told by CCP (Cannot remember which dev), that something will be put in place to ensure only 1 of the T1 variation items will be required

So, is this a feature or a bug? (I assume bug, but you never know these days)


Listed as a bug in the first post :)

CCP SoniClover
C C P
C C P Alliance
#35 - 2014-06-11 10:57:58 UTC
Sigras wrote:
I see teams for "Capital Construction Components" such as Capital Armor Plates, but no place for "Advanced Capital Construction Components" such as Capital Fernite Carbide Composite Armor Plates

Come to think of it, I didnt see any for advanced construction components either IE regular T2 components used to make T2 ships etc.

Is this an oversight? Intended? or am I just blind?


You're not blind, this is an error and will be fixed soon. Good catch Smile
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#36 - 2014-06-11 11:01:26 UTC
Something that just came to my mind: Will we have the opportunity to retract bids for Teams?

As depicted in my other post before, people can mess with other people already; henceforth, there should also be a way to mess back against these trolls.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#37 - 2014-06-11 12:06:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
durr, wrong sticky X

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Rust Connor
Industrias PapaCapim
#38 - 2014-06-11 12:40:42 UTC
Quick look today. Amazing! A few comments

1) skill
Just checked that Material Efficiency skill didnt change. Any plan for it?

2) install cost
Really like the cost decreasing by number of runs. You should keep that way, without limit.

3) material cost
Love the change to apply ME on total batch. That change alone is amazing. Stimulate long runs and Makes reserch useful even to small rigs. Wish i had a t2 bpo to check if you get a "free hull" on long runs....
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2014-06-11 13:10:47 UTC
1) A test in JU- (contains a tier 1 refinery upgrade) with veldspar showed a base refine level of 50%, not 54% like it should be. Do ore refining bonuses work yet?

2) Are there any plans to standardize the look of the industry/refining icons with the other station icons? The difference between those and the other station facilities icons is a little jarring.
Scarlett LaBlanc
Midnight Savran Industries
#40 - 2014-06-11 13:39:50 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:


No tax at starbases. Nothing stops you spamming moons with towers except for other players :)



I was under the impression that we would have the ability to set the job install tax rate at a POS. Did that not make it in, or was the idea scrapped?

I was really looking forward to bottom up income from industry members.