These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: The New Eden Store

First post First post
Author
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2014-06-03 22:16:46 UTC
Houm, they should fix that 3D preview thing. How are we supposed to buy trousers without knowing how do they look from behind? And what about the new heels, whose heels can't be seen?

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#102 - 2014-06-03 22:22:31 UTC
mmm.... market 3D preview?

but I agree, the cropped previews of the women's boots are misleading. the backward angle of the opening is horrendous (how are calves supposed to look good in a boot cut like that)
Lord BryanII
#103 - 2014-06-03 22:38:59 UTC
Store is currently unavailable to me.

I would like to have the ability to change race/bloodline soon
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#104 - 2014-06-03 23:38:24 UTC
weird, I'm getting an unavailable message as well, and only on some of the clients

i'm willing to bet it's some disconnect between account management and TQ
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#105 - 2014-06-04 00:07:15 UTC
unavailable messages are probably because you're opening the Eve client with the exe file, rather than the launcher.

It's dependant on the SSO with the launcher handles.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#106 - 2014-06-04 00:33:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Kusum Fawn
There does not seem to be a way to review the entire list of ships after a racial category has been picked (Once the amarr race has been picked clicking ships does not bring it back to displaying all ships, but only all amarr ships, there does not seem to be a way to unselect racial categories)
The same is true with Male/Female clothing options

This is when viewing everything in the store on one page, as it is when you open it,
->The sorting options you have Price/name ascending/descending doesn't work.
It lists The caracal at #9 @1000 aur above the 1500 sleeve tattoos, and the 45 rifter Kursual 1 run above the 800 rocket dress
->It is also inconsistent when changing between ascending /descending in the same category (name or price) as to which item is first and last with everything in between being jumbled.

Did you guys make this yourself? cause there are plenty of templates out there for very standard storefronts. please stop trying to reinvent the wheel because you are bad at making wheels.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#107 - 2014-06-04 01:42:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
no i've made a point of using the launcher today. still getting intermittent unavailable errors

wait, do I also need to keep the launcher open if I want to use the store?
Logix42
Taxation Damnation
#108 - 2014-06-04 02:15:56 UTC
Feedback:
For items on sale, show the original price so we can see how much on sale it actually.

Go beyond the edge of space... Explore

Cricket Enterprise
Skyline Federation
#109 - 2014-06-04 05:39:52 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
There does not seem to be a way to review the entire list of ships after a racial category has been picked (Once the amarr race has been picked clicking ships does not bring it back to displaying all ships, but only all amarr ships, there does not seem to be a way to unselect racial categories)
The same is true with Male/Female clothing options

This is when viewing everything in the store on one page, as it is when you open it,
->The sorting options you have Price/name ascending/descending doesn't work.
It lists The caracal at #9 @1000 aur above the 1500 sleeve tattoos, and the 45 rifter Kursual 1 run above the 800 rocket dress
->It is also inconsistent when changing between ascending /descending in the same category (name or price) as to which item is first and last with everything in between being jumbled.

Did you guys make this yourself? cause there are plenty of templates out there for very standard storefronts. please stop trying to reinvent the wheel because you are bad at making wheels.



Try clicking the New Eden store logo on the top left hand of the screen. It seemed the obvious choice for me to refresh the menu. Please stop driving if you don't know how to use a wheel.
Shaera Taam
Khanid Prime Free Irregulars
#110 - 2014-06-04 05:56:45 UTC
without sorting categories ( ie apparel/bottoms/female etc) there's no way to scroll down and see the whole list... how about some good old fashioned scroll bars? i hear they work great...
Blink

Thus Spake the Frigate Goddess!

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2014-06-04 06:25:57 UTC
CCP really should just add in the rest of the clothing that's visible in game but not sold anywhere at any time.

Also, we need more womens coats, ideally some that don't cover the whole front.. would love one that would still allow me to show off my SOE Shirt on my alt :(
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#112 - 2014-06-04 08:48:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Il Feytid
The prices for ship skins are insane. Other games with micro-transactions have skins that are not consumable, yet cost less than the skins you are offering which are consumable.

What is the reasoning behind such an insane pricing structure? It's like you are purposely setting this whole thing up to fail. Ugh
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#113 - 2014-06-04 12:10:36 UTC  |  Edited by: l0rd carlos
Marlona Sky wrote:
The prices for ship skins are insane. Other games with micro-transactions have skins that are not consumable, yet cost less than the skins you are offering which are consumable.

What is the reasoning behind such an insane pricing structure? It's like you are purposely setting this whole thing up to fail. Ugh

Eh, The Caracal Nugoeihuvi Edition cost like 22 million ISK. Does the skin drop some where or is that the AUR -> ISK value?
Because I don't think that is much money for a skinned cruiser.

Can you post some examples in ISK where the price is very high?
You can convert ISK to PLEX, and PLEX to AUR. Or buy AUR tokens on the market for ISK.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Oraac Ensor
#114 - 2014-06-04 12:25:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
l0rd carlos wrote:
Can you post some examples in ISK where the price is very high?

You have already done that yourself.
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#115 - 2014-06-04 13:01:48 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
The prices for ship skins are insane. Other games with micro-transactions have skins that are not consumable, yet cost less than the skins you are offering which are consumable.

What is the reasoning behind such an insane pricing structure? It's like you are purposely setting this whole thing up to fail. Ugh


CCP always knoos better.What?

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

CCP Frellicus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#116 - 2014-06-04 14:20:55 UTC
Kusum Fawn wrote:
There does not seem to be a way to review the entire list of ships after a racial category has been picked (Once the amarr race has been picked clicking ships does not bring it back to displaying all ships, but only all amarr ships, there does not seem to be a way to unselect racial categories)
The same is true with Male/Female clothing options


The landing/home page can be accessed by clicking the store logo you should get a glow when you mouse over it. There is currently and issue where the filters for a category will still show when going back to the landing page but the filter is not applied. The filters should be there at all. Fix for that incoming.

Kusum Fawn wrote:

This is when viewing everything in the store on one page, as it is when you open it,
->The sorting options you have Price/name ascending/descending doesn't work.
It lists The caracal at #9 @1000 aur above the 1500 sleeve tattoos, and the 45 rifter Kursual 1 run above the 800 rocket dress
->It is also inconsistent when changing between ascending /descending in the same category (name or price) as to which item is first and last with everything in between being jumbled.


There is a bias for offers with ribbons on the landing page so each part, with and with out ribbons get sorted separately with the ribbons always on top.

CCP Frellicus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#117 - 2014-06-04 14:33:06 UTC
Shaera Taam wrote:
without sorting categories ( ie apparel/bottoms/female etc) there's no way to scroll down and see the whole list... how about some good old fashioned scroll bars? i hear they work great...
Blink


You are right, they do work great. You should use them.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#118 - 2014-06-04 14:37:03 UTC
Because I'm that kind of person:

Would it be possible to get an api endpoint with NES prices on it?

(I had someone asking.)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Dracarys.
#119 - 2014-06-04 15:35:59 UTC
ok CCP true or false:

I have to use the launcher and all characters on the account must be docked for the store to work
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#120 - 2014-06-04 15:40:44 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
ok CCP true or false:

I have to use the launcher
True, the store requires the authentication provided by the launcher

Rain6637 wrote:
all characters on the account must be docked for the store to work
False, the store works in space or docked, logged into a character or on the character selection screen.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski