These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Kronos Issues

First post
Author
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#221 - 2014-06-04 11:42:26 UTC
Thanks for all the reports regarding problems accessing the New Eden Store.

Firstly let me just clarify what has been said previously. The launcher is required to access the New Eden Store. This is because the store requires an authentication key provided by the launcher for its secure CREST connection. Additionally, if your connection is being routed through a proxy this can invalidate the certificatation provided to the store, also making it unavailable.

If you've read the above points and these do not apply to yourself, there is something else you can try for the time being:

1. Navigate to your EVE directory (For me its C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE).
2. Launch the eve.exe application (Not the EVE Online Launcher shortcut)
3. Wait for the launcher to appear and enter the game normally.
4. Open the store.
5. Rejoice!

We've observed an case where launching the game using the conventional launcher shortcut would cause it to look for certification in the wrong place, and the above steps should allow you to access the store while we hunt down the route of this problem.

Thanks for your continued patience!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Josef Djugashvilis
#222 - 2014-06-04 11:50:49 UTC
Jaelkus wrote:
I can not get the eve store to launch, it says retrieving store data for 2 seconds says store is unavailable then closes the store back to station view. retried 50 times so far no change yet since launch.


Do you regard this as a negative or a plus?

This is not a signature.

Kale Freeman
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#223 - 2014-06-04 11:52:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Kale Freeman
Has the launcher been fixed now?

I have three copies of the client. With three directories in LocalSettings. Can't remember the exact names of the folders but they basically where the client stores all the settings and options and defaults. Overview settings, window positions, drop down defaults, market quickview, etc.

Is there a way to get the launcher to launch the client with the right set of configuration files depending on which account I select?
Or alternatively, is there a way for the launcher to tell me which directory it was launched from so I know which set of configuration files it will use and can then select the corresponding account?
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#224 - 2014-06-04 12:08:12 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:
The Contested sites not despawning should be fixed with the patch today.

Edit: The build failed so that will be the patch tomorrow!


Joy of joys so another day with completely broken sites >.<

Not sure if i should even login as this patch seriously screwed over my exploration, there are too many damn wormholes now and most of the contested sites are left over empty sites that haven't despawned or are likely to kill me :P
Aiyshimin
Descendant Command
#225 - 2014-06-04 12:12:23 UTC
Kale Freeman wrote:
Has the launcher been fixed now?

I have three copies of the client. With three directories in LocalSettings. Can't remember the exact names of the folders but they basically where the client stores all the settings and options and defaults. Overview settings, window positions, drop down defaults, market quickview, etc.

Is there a way to get the launcher to launch the client with the right set of configuration files depending on which account I select?
Or alternatively, is there a way for the launcher to tell me which directory it was launched from so I know which set of configuration files it will use and can then select the corresponding account?


The launcher picks correct settings per account with just one copy of the client.

Sentenced 1989
#226 - 2014-06-04 12:19:58 UTC
So whats up with T2 hull rigs???

We still can't invent those...
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#227 - 2014-06-04 12:32:42 UTC
Also, how long are these trash contested sites going to exist for anyway?

They are actually pretty worthless in their current form as a single data fragment is only worth about 1mil and you only get 1 per site even in low sec compared to things like decryptors and T2 salvage from other sites
Turelus
Utassi Security
#228 - 2014-06-04 12:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Turelus
CCP Explorer wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
New Eden Store is unavailable.
CCP Explorer wrote:
Are you running the EVE Client from the EVE Launcher?
No.
From the patchnotes: "The New Eden Store will be unavailable if the game is launched without using the launcher". The launcher obtains the tokens needed to access the store as you log in. The client, if you log in directly, uses an older login method and can't obtain the needed tokens.

Then can you PLEASE fix the launcher so that it remembers which screen each account is assigned to.
The only reason myself and others I know use the bin folder is because we have X account set to launch of Y screen, the launcher doesn't remember this and always launches to the last screen used.
When I am logging two accounts in I don't want to have to press ESC and tell one to run on the other screen each time.

This has been my single biggest gripe with the launches since it was introduced, a game where people use multiple accounts and you even market it for people to use multiple accounts, yet there is no support for it via the games launcher.

Now because I want to use this method to get around something which wasn't an issue until the launcher I can't access the NES store unless I make the effort to launch one client via the launcher.

Sorry for the rant but this really bugs me and has never been addressed by CCP for all the time we had the launcher, now we can't use game features because of it as well.

Otherwise nice expansion, new things are fun.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

Vendictus Prime
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#229 - 2014-06-04 13:01:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Vendictus Prime
Anyone having or noticed any drone issues after the release? I was fitting out a gila last night, all drones skills maxed except racials which are all at level 4, dropped the medium then tried heavy drones in the hold and the fitting window showed only 63.4 dps at the highest before loading ammo in the launchers.
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#230 - 2014-06-04 13:09:29 UTC
Sentenced 1989 wrote:
So whats up with T2 hull rigs???

We still can't invent those...
We have a fix for this, which will hopefully go out tomorrow.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#231 - 2014-06-04 13:12:31 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Sentenced 1989 wrote:
So whats up with T2 hull rigs???

We still can't invent those...
We have a fix for this, which will hopefully go out tomorrow.


Are you also planning on bugffing the low sec contested guristas tower sites in this patch?

As it stands in low sec they are literally not worth running for the tiny bit of ISK you get due to them dropping a single tag like their high sec counterparts
Drabbin Mishi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#232 - 2014-06-04 13:17:43 UTC
Some Contested Covert Research Facility's are still not despawning after being completed.

I came across an empty one - but the person who had run it, had left a jetcan next to it. Maybe that cargo container was keeping it alive?
Rikki Bigg
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#233 - 2014-06-04 13:31:13 UTC
Vendictus Prime wrote:
Anyone having or noticed any drone issues after the release? I was fitting out a gila last night, all drones skills maxed except racials which are all at level 4, dropped the medium then tried heavy drones in the hold and the fitting window showed only 63.4 dps at the highest before loading ammo in the launchers.


I noticed the issue that I pointed out in this thread yesterday, that was quoted by another player as well:

I was able to use Drone Link Augmentor II's before the update, now I am unable to use the module.
Additionally, I was able to use DLA I's and faction versions, and am unable to use the module.

CCP RedDawn
C C P
C C P Alliance
#234 - 2014-06-04 14:04:11 UTC
Drabbin Mishi wrote:
Some Contested Covert Research Facility's are still not despawning after being completed.

I came across an empty one - but the person who had run it, had left a jetcan next to it. Maybe that cargo container was keeping it alive?


Fix for this should be coming out with tomorrows update.

Team Genesis

Thibault Etienne
#235 - 2014-06-04 14:17:05 UTC
Here's a new one. The ingame browser kept telling me it was out of date and needed updating on Battleclinic and other sites.
Mics Naskingar
Rush and Glory
#236 - 2014-06-04 14:22:54 UTC
Yesterday, after the patch, I had a problem in one mission where the game would half-crash to the desktop: it shows my Win7 desktop but the mouse pointer is still from EVE. EVE client is still visible in the taskbar, and it's shown as "Not responding" in the task manager. Sound from EVE continues to play, but loops with whatever was played at the moment of crash.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but it most often happened when the enemy targeting finished (I was desperately trying to finish my mission and get back to the station), and the looping sound was the sound you hear at the end of targeting.

It wasn't the first mission I did that day, but the affected mission was L3 Rogue Drone Harassment.

The issue repeated for more than 5 times in a row, with just killing the EVE process or with full computer reboot.
The issue did never happen before the Kronos patch.
No new apps were installed for a few days, no sudden driver updates (latest ATI driver was installed).
Vyore
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#237 - 2014-06-04 14:24:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vyore
Vyore wrote:
Since the Kronos Update i'm gettint a BlueScreen as soon as i close Eve with the message Reference_by_pointer and my PC reboots. Happens when i start the eve.exe or via the launcher.

Anyone having the same problem, or a solution?



responding to some bugs regarding not despawning sites but not to something more severe, like a bloody blue screen everytime i and others too, close EVE?

Win 8.1 64bit
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#238 - 2014-06-04 14:47:22 UTC
Vyore wrote:
Vyore wrote:
Since the Kronos Update i'm gettint a BlueScreen as soon as i close Eve with the message Reference_by_pointer and my PC reboots. Happens when i start the eve.exe or via the launcher.

Anyone having the same problem, or a solution?



responding to some bugs regarding not despawning sites but not to something more severe, like a bloody blue screen everytime i and others too, close EVE?

Win 8.1 64bit


Sounds like an environmental issue, no BSOD's here on windows 7 x64, you might want to google the exact bugcheck code and look to see if people have had similar experiences with windows 8
Kraktor
Red Star Conglomerate
#239 - 2014-06-04 15:02:26 UTC
Mics Naskingar wrote:
Yesterday, after the patch, I had a problem in one mission where the game would half-crash to the desktop: it shows my Win7 desktop but the mouse pointer is still from EVE. EVE client is still visible in the taskbar, and it's shown as "Not responding" in the task manager. Sound from EVE continues to play, but loops with whatever was played at the moment of crash.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but it most often happened when the enemy targeting finished (I was desperately trying to finish my mission and get back to the station), and the looping sound was the sound you hear at the end of targeting.

It wasn't the first mission I did that day, but the affected mission was L3 Rogue Drone Harassment.

The issue repeated for more than 5 times in a row, with just killing the EVE process or with full computer reboot.
The issue did never happen before the Kronos patch.
No new apps were installed for a few days, no sudden driver updates (latest ATI driver was installed).


sounds like what i have, but my comp locks up completely. Its only in the mission site it happens, i can fly around systems, sit in stations etc.
Zorrkinae vonHui
Gnostics of the Sense of Life
#240 - 2014-06-04 15:53:17 UTC
More Aura-Voice please!!!!!
I love her speaking to me xD sometimes I even use Autopilot just to hear her speaking....
It would be awsome if there could come some more (!optional!) voice-acts from Aura, for the stuff I´m doing in Space

Stations look great, but some of the darker ones just made the terrible AA way worse looking....
even with FXAA SLIx64 I get plenty of ugly steps at borders of objects wich reflect something.....

"there are million ways to death, but only one way leads to life"