These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Medium Micro Jump Drives

First post First post First post
Author
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#241 - 2014-05-18 12:08:44 UTC
Theon Severasse wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
I don't understand why people think BC's need a buff stats wise?

They are in a weird middle spot like dessies.. but they are still excellent bang for buck when you consider the dps/tank they bring to the field for that amount of isk.



Really?


They don't do more DPS than cruisers, and don't really tank much more.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen someone flying a BC while soloing (not counting ABCs), and I can't remember the last time that I saw a fleet of BCs.

You can solo most BCs in a thorax without it being a particularly challenging fight.


you're making this up, aren't you. and unpopular doesn't mean bad.
Laiannah Sahireen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#242 - 2014-05-18 12:23:36 UTC
Theon Severasse wrote:


They don't do more DPS than cruisers, and don't really tank much more.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen someone flying a BC while soloing (not counting ABCs), and I can't remember the last time that I saw a fleet of BCs.

You can solo most BCs in a thorax without it being a particularly challenging fight.



I recommend that you fit some battlecruisers and then do some PVP in EVE Online. This will allow you get some experience and avoid making clueless posts like this.

Tons of people use battlecruisers - solo and in gangs. Solo and small gang groups of cyclones/myrmidons are a scary thing, and perform very well with ancillary boosters/reppers.

I also hear that one or more people are fans of the Drake.
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#243 - 2014-05-18 12:25:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Garviel Tarrant
Theon Severasse wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
I don't understand why people think BC's need a buff stats wise?

They are in a weird middle spot like dessies.. but they are still excellent bang for buck when you consider the dps/tank they bring to the field for that amount of isk.



Really?


They don't do more DPS than cruisers, and don't really tank much more.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen someone flying a BC while soloing (not counting ABCs), and I can't remember the last time that I saw a fleet of BCs.

You can solo most BCs in a thorax without it being a particularly challenging fight.


Show me a Thorax that can solo a decent brutix.. myrmidon.. drake.. heck even a ferox..

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#244 - 2014-05-18 12:28:29 UTC
Theon Severasse wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:
I don't understand why people think BC's need a buff stats wise?

They are in a weird middle spot like dessies.. but they are still excellent bang for buck when you consider the dps/tank they bring to the field for that amount of isk.



Really?


They don't do more DPS than cruisers, and don't really tank much more.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen someone flying a BC while soloing (not counting ABCs), and I can't remember the last time that I saw a fleet of BCs.

You can solo most BCs in a thorax without it being a particularly challenging fight.



"I Choose to only fight idiots and base my statements on those scenarios, also I exaggerate quite a bit".
Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#245 - 2014-05-18 12:38:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Forlorn Wongraven
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Battlecruisers have been a little overshadowed by battleships and cruisers in recent months and having the option to use MJDs combined with their dps and low cost should create some interesting chances for clever players to show off their abilities.

The problem of BC is the OP status of bomber wings. BS can survive waves and cruisers can either run or are so cheap that it doesn't matter if they die. As long as the bomber squads are so effective a 3 min MJD with a 9.6 sec spool up time will not help the situation.

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

Claud Tiberius
#246 - 2014-05-18 12:53:28 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
Battlecruisers, BC's

reading, folks. It does help.

any of you picturing quick jumps to get those darn snipers 100km off the gate?

m

You just blew my mind.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#247 - 2014-05-18 13:00:16 UTC
Wow. Just wow!

This is the best thread that has ever existed.

The nonsensical tears are so so sweet.

I want this to go on and on.

I'm gonna make some more popcorn, light the bbq and take my laptop outside with a beer to watch this thread as it is so ******* entertaining.


[On Topic Bit]

These modules are a good idea.

**Spugg Galdon lathers himself in flame retardant semen
Gerdan BloodELF
Farmhouse.
Simple Farmers
#248 - 2014-05-18 13:00:40 UTC
Not a huge fan of this module to be honest. Kind of helps kill off even further something that I love which is range control ships such as vagabonds. Please reconsider these changes.
Rainbow Eyes
Sora no Otoshimano
#249 - 2014-05-18 13:03:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Rainbow Eyes
Hey, DEVs, what do you think about interdiction of warp for Tier3? 10sec and we at 80km from bubble, one the optimal. We can refain our Interdictors and HD? Big difference between MJD on BS and BC, Tier3 have comparative mobility with Cruisers. That for mania with new modules, especially with MJD? MJD have no counter-measures, don't speak to me about scram and that I will burst out laughingX

/Vanga mode on: again there will be one roams from Naga`s/Tornado, only now not audible...

PS: I think MMJD must be only on Transport`s, maybe on fleet Command. Not For BC.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#250 - 2014-05-18 13:03:56 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
CCP: "We're going to nerf mobility on BC because atm they're way too powerful and make the pvp landscape rather limited and boring"

players: "YOU CAN'T DO THIS, IT WILL COMPLETELY MESS UP MY CANE BACKBONE... err THE GAME! DOOM, HORROR, CTHULHU. YOU'll BREAK THIS GAME SO MUCH IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY BECAUSE I CAN'T COMPREHEND THE RESULTS OF THIS CHANGE AND COMING UP WITH ADAPTATIONS SOUNDS LIKE EFFORT!"

:changes happen, some time passes and ppl adapt:

players: "hey, this is actually nice. Now we can fly funky cruisers and frigs because they're not made redundant anymore by Canes and Drakes. Pretty cool tbh"


CCP: "We're going to give BC a specific niche by giving it MJD because we feel that kiting (just like the old nano age and WCS) means that people can fight without having to commit to it, that's just not right given that these BC tend to be fairly slow compared to other ships. This way BC aren't able to keep up with fast roaming gangs but on the up side they can force you to commit to a fight if you want to kill them"

players: "YOU CAN'T DO THIS, THIS COMPLETELY MESSES UP MY BUBBLE/KITE err... THE GAME! DOOM, HORROR, CTHULHU AGAIN WTF"

people who have a clue: "well, it's a bit weird but sure, I can see where you're going with that but please, CBC only. Not ABC"



History repeats itself, again and again.


The fact aht we addapted doe snto mean that now is better than before.


And The constant nerfign of ANY tactic that is not gallente in the face blaster brwaling is gettign tiresome.

If in the face brwaling is supposed to be the ONLY way to play.. why would anyone have any other race trained?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#251 - 2014-05-18 13:05:00 UTC
Rainbow Eyes wrote:
Hey, DEVs, what do you think about interdiction of warp for Tier3? 10sec and we at 80km from bubble, one the optimal. We can refain our Interdictors and HD? Big difference between MJD on BS and BC, Tier3 have comparative mobility with Cruisers. That for mania with new modules, especially with MJD? MJD have no counter-measures, don't speak to me about scram and that I will burst out laughingX

/Vanga mode on: again there will be one roams from Naga`s/Tornado, only now not audible...



Have I had too many beers? This makes no sense!
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#252 - 2014-05-18 13:05:12 UTC
Gerdan BloodELF wrote:
Not a huge fan of this module to be honest. Kind of helps kill off even further something that I love which is range control ships such as vagabonds. Please reconsider these changes.



it helps kill any combat where the players need to use the brains. It was OK on battleships because battleships were nearly useless and needed tha help. But BC are not used for a SIGNLE reason. TOO SLOW WARP.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#253 - 2014-05-18 13:07:27 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:


The fact aht we addapted doe snto mean that now is better than before.


And The constant nerfign of ANY tactic that is not gallente in the face blaster brwaling is gettign tiresome.

If in the face brwaling is supposed to be the ONLY way to play.. why would anyone have any other race trained?



Auto cannons, Blasters and HAM's (even drones are good vs hard tackled ships) are really good within scram/web range. I can think of many ships that use these and most aren't Gallente
Lucas Genos
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#254 - 2014-05-18 13:09:29 UTC
To all the crybabies:
Go to EFT and make a copy of your favorite CBC fit. Now replace one of your midslots with a T2 medium MWD (mMJD uses one more CPU). Now downgrade your guns and/or tank to make it actually fit. Now compare your old fit with your new fit. Now notice it has less utility, tank and/o gank. Now realize it won't be OP. Now stop crying.

To CCP:
ABCs don't actually need to make a lot of sacrifices besides an utility med and some ACR rigs. To stop ABCs from potentially break, and to keep the same ratios, I strongly recommend you reduce jump range and spool-up time by 25-50%. This would give it around the same align:spool-up and lockrange:jumprange as battleships, be less OP for ABCs and equally or more useful for CBCs.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#255 - 2014-05-18 13:12:17 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
The fact aht we addapted doe snto mean that now is better than before.


And The constant nerfign of ANY tactic that is not gallente in the face blaster brwaling is gettign tiresome.

If in the face brwaling is supposed to be the ONLY way to play.. why would anyone have any other race trained?



Yes, it is better because there's more diversity. If you can't see that you were part of the problem

Nice strawman, it's not the only way to play but it will be the way to play if you want to attack a BC, assuming he fitted MJD.

Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#256 - 2014-05-18 13:12:35 UTC
Lucas Genos wrote:
To all the crybabies:
Go to EFT and make a copy of your favorite CBC fit. Now replace one of your midslots with a T2 medium MWD (mMJD uses one more CPU). Now downgrade your guns and/or tank to make it actually fit. Now compare your old fit with your new fit. Now notice it has less utility, tank and/o gank. Now realize it won't be OP. Now stop crying.

To CCP:
ABCs don't actually need to make a lot of sacrifices besides an utility med and some ACR rigs. To stop ABCs from potentially break, and to keep the same ratios, I strongly recommend you reduce jump range and spool-up time by 25-50%. This would give it around the same align:spool-up and lockrange:jumprange as battleships, be less OP for ABCs and equally or more useful for CBCs.



The above is one of the few posts that makes sense in this thread.

It's basically what I've been doing this afternoon. Trying to shoehorn this module in is difficult without making some kind of sacrifice.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#257 - 2014-05-18 13:12:45 UTC
Spugg Galdon wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:


The fact aht we addapted doe snto mean that now is better than before.


And The constant nerfign of ANY tactic that is not gallente in the face blaster brwaling is gettign tiresome.

If in the face brwaling is supposed to be the ONLY way to play.. why would anyone have any other race trained?



Auto cannons, Blasters and HAM's (even drones are good vs hard tackled ships) are really good within scram/web range. I can think of many ships that use these and most aren't Gallente



You seriously typed that?

Isn't obvious that when I said gallente I was talking about blasters?

And no These other weapons are NEARLY IRRELEVANT comapred to blasters at scram range.


Scram range is not the only way to play this damm game!! Why in hell we have so many wepaosn that fire further than 9 km?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#258 - 2014-05-18 13:15:55 UTC
Gregor Parud wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:
The fact aht we addapted doe snto mean that now is better than before.


And The constant nerfign of ANY tactic that is not gallente in the face blaster brwaling is gettign tiresome.

If in the face brwaling is supposed to be the ONLY way to play.. why would anyone have any other race trained?



Yes, it is better because there's more diversity. If you can't see that you were part of the problem

Nice strawman, it's not the only way to play but it will be the way to play if you want to attack a BC, assuming he fitted MJD.




Great nonsense you spewed. Ibasically did nto flew BC. And no we do nto have more diversity now. The diversity of things we kill in high sec (and we are among the ones that kill the most ) droped DRAMATICALLy in the last 1 year.

There is no reason to use anything larger than a Cruiser in small scale warfare now. Peopel in fact use mostly T3 with warp speed increase because warp speed is one of the most relevant things in game now!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#259 - 2014-05-18 13:17:18 UTC
Lucas Genos wrote:
To all the crybabies:
Go to EFT and make a copy of your favorite CBC fit. Now replace one of your midslots with a T2 medium MWD (mMJD uses one more CPU). Now downgrade your guns and/or tank to make it actually fit. Now compare your old fit with your new fit. Now notice it has less utility, tank and/o gank. Now realize it won't be OP. Now stop crying.

To CCP:
ABCs don't actually need to make a lot of sacrifices besides an utility med and some ACR rigs. To stop ABCs from potentially break, and to keep the same ratios, I strongly recommend you reduce jump range and spool-up time by 25-50%. This would give it around the same align:spool-up and lockrange:jumprange as battleships, be less OP for ABCs and equally or more useful for CBCs.


CBC's are not the issue, ABC's are.
Lucas Genos
Blackjack and Exotic Dancers
Top Tier
#260 - 2014-05-18 13:23:24 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
Lucas Genos wrote:
To all the crybabies:
Go to EFT and make a copy of your favorite CBC fit. Now replace one of your midslots with a T2 medium MWD (mMJD uses one more CPU). Now downgrade your guns and/or tank to make it actually fit. Now compare your old fit with your new fit. Now notice it has less utility, tank and/o gank. Now realize it won't be OP. Now stop crying.

To CCP:
ABCs don't actually need to make a lot of sacrifices besides an utility med and some ACR rigs. To stop ABCs from potentially break, and to keep the same ratios, I strongly recommend you reduce jump range and spool-up time by 25-50%. This would give it around the same align:spool-up and lockrange:jumprange as battleships, be less OP for ABCs and equally or more useful for CBCs.


CBC's are not the issue, ABC's are.


A lot of people are crying over CBCs, for some reason.
I wrote the second paragraph because ABCs could break from this.