These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Mining Barges and Exhumers

First post First post First post
Author
Aureus Ahishatsu
Deadspace Knights
#641 - 2014-05-13 14:49:46 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
the material costs are also set by the players. the minimum value of a hulk is set by its insurance rate or the NPC buy orders of its materials. but no, cost still does not mean combat power. Much of the hulks value lies in its ability to mine, how do u plan to compensate for that as well as massive price differences between T1 and T2 when u compare an early stage glass cannon combat ship to an advanced non-combat ship? in short u cant. The market deems the hulk and catalyst worthy of their prices.

I wasn't talking about the material costs i was talking about the industrial costs required to build the ship including blue print costs, research costs, etc. these costs besides the mineral costs have a hard minimum cost you will never cross below. Despite what CCP may have you believe there are definite price fixes put in place to control the market. Do they have something stating "it will cost x to build" no but they have algorithms that make it exponentially less beneficial once you reach a point. which are essentially hard point minimums.


Daichi Yamato wrote:

Seeing as u cannot fly a hulk without having mining barge to 5, the shield resist bonus is already maxed out the moment u can fly a hulk. hence its real resist profile.

edit-

the catalyst has an optimal and a fall off bonus. its pretty neat in level 1's with rails.


ahh now i got where those came from. good point i still stand though they're not particularly great especially considering the ship is at least a cruiser level size ship and you were comparing it to a frigate.

as for the catalyst if i were to change something i would decrease the over all damage output and remove the optimal bonus to the ship and give it a double fall off bonus. i know you can use rails with the ship but it seems odd that is about all you can use with it when it's a gallente ship. I would like to see it more suited for blasters. BTW the reason for the damage reduction is that with t2 smalls this ship is capable of putting out 600 dps which is just absurd. by comparison the nearest destroyer capable of this is the amarr and it's barely half that amount of dps with short lasers.

BTW to all you tin foil hat readers this out there this conversation i've been having with Daichi is how you debate :) in a civil manner. i leave the floor to you Mr. Yamato.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#642 - 2014-05-13 15:28:46 UTC
yeah supply and demand and price fixing are all part of the market PvP. But thats why its a bad idea to balance anything based on market price, its quite manipulable. At the end of the day u just have to ask urself 'Is the hulk worth its price?' if yes, buy it. If not, use a Covetor. If then CCP see that Hulks are barely used in comparison to the Covetor they may think about adjusting its material requirements or abilities or something that balances it relative to the Covetor(I admit, i never use a hulk and only a few of the ppl i fleet with do. Most are Covetors). But balancing ships between roles, i imagine, is very difficult.

For example, even though the Hulk is rarely used compared to a Mack, i dnt think that says the Mack is better than the hulk. I think that says the vast majority of miners are solo, multi-boxers and/or such small fleets they dnt have haulers. Which is why, over all, i dnt think the Mack and Rettie should get a yield nerf. In order to move people from the Mack to the other barges, u'd have to make the Mack worse at solo mining than whatever u want them to move to. Players will not stop solo mining, and will always choose whichever barge offers the best solo-ing abilities.

Final notes. Resist profiles dnt get better with ships size, Maruaders and Blackops have lower resist profiles than HACs or Logi's. I'd use a cruiser's to compare with the hulk but there isnt a T2 cruiser in the game that isnt designed for being in combat.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#643 - 2014-05-13 22:38:52 UTC
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn wrote:
GreasyCarl Semah wrote:
Erutpar Ambient wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
When are CCP going to wake up to the fact that mining is the most boring profession in eve and little tweaks like this won't change that?

During this years fanfest, CCP announced a mining ship that can fit a covert ops cloak and jump through black ops bridge. Now what they could have done was give this ability to all (or just the hulk) the T2 mining ships, which would instantly make the mining profession a lot more interesting.


What they need to do is the thing i talked about, giving a mining fleet some teeth.

Just buffing the Skiff's defensive capabilities doesn't really help anything else. There needs to be a dynamic system between each barge, exhumer, command ship (maybe ventures too?) and each other that increases their defensive capabilities exponentially in relation to each other.

This would solve the problem with not having dedicated PVP players, and in fact would bolster any PVP ships above their solo abilities in concert with a mining fleet. However solo miners should not be given the same benefits. All of these should come from being in the fleet.

My examples where this:
Skiff: Drone damage bonus (already happening). (The teeth)
Mackinaw: Repair drone bonus. (Fleet support)
Hulk: Increased EHP, drone bay removed. (survivability required for fleet activities, solo ability reduced dramatically)
Rorqual: In Siege Mode: Extra long range reps, increased EHP for on grid barges, local cyno inhibitor (maybe?), same self bonuses as Siege mode Dread and Triage Carrier. (immune to ewar/support, massively increased self rep) (basically a triage carrier for mining fleets.)

So the role of these ships in concert with each other increases greatly and the spread of ships in a fleet would also see much greater diversity. However for solo activity the ships would be for the greatest part unchanged. Skiff will be tough nut with teeth, and mackinaw will be large ore bay with minimal drone support. The Hulk will have more survivability but will have no defenses alone and would be most beneficial in a mining fleet. Not sure what to do with an orca or venture.

There will be times when things are boring just like all other activities in EVE. But there will be the occasional excitement to be had for miners with this system instead of just being fish in a barrel.

CCP we neeeeeeeeeeed this!!!!


While you are at it:
Faction mining implant that also adds shield harmonizing bonus (like the other faction mind link implants)
Shield gang link bonus to the newly announced versions of mining command ships



"newly announced versions of mining command ships."

Please can you provide a link to these new ships you speak of as I don't believe they exist.


You are correct, they don't exist yet. Knowing CCP they may not ever exist!

In the twitter feed from Fanfest they said they wanted to do a faction Orca which would probably be an ORE version. They also mentioned that the Rorq would be getting some love, probably because the ability to compress is now not as valuable. It would be great if they catered these new versions of these ships toward more risky areas of space.

Limarr
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#644 - 2014-05-14 22:00:31 UTC
On SISI there are no tooltips on stripminers (T1, T2)
Celly S
Neutin Local LLC
#645 - 2014-05-15 02:05:16 UTC
Aureus Ahishatsu wrote:
Celly S wrote:
in the previous updates to exhumers and barges, CCP made totally useless billions of isks worth of Tech II cargohold rigs I had on my Macks without so much as a "we'll repackage the ships and place the rigs back in your item hangers.", or even so much as a by your leave.

In the process, they took the laughing stock of miners and the most specialized mining ship in the game and turned them into veritable beasts in the mining field.

It is my most heartfelt hope that they don't bork the ships with these upcoming changes, I do not want to have to try to find yet another workable and survivable fit for my accounts to use again.

o/
Celly Smunt


If you think you were wronged by CCP imagine all the people who had t2 projectile rigs on their cyclones, or t2 cargo rigs on their mining cruisers (before they got changed to t1 logis) The fact of the matter is that whenever changes like this are made they can't reimburse everything. Besides that this is a game. it's not like you paid actual money for those rigs. (course idk maybe you did with plexes) either way trying to reimburse everyone who has rigs that no longer apply to the changes would be a nightmare beyond belief. how do you determine who gets them people who have them installed? what about accounts that are no longer active do you reimburse them too?

For that matter you should be happy with the last set of changes as they made all the barges more relevant. The biggest people getting butthurt are the hulkers who wanted their hulk to be the end all be all which again brings us back to the point where NOBODY used the mackinaw or skiff (except for the nitch ice mining the mackinaw did).



o/
I didn't say anything about being wronged per say, I simply stated that I hope they don't go making wholesale changes again.
and it would not have been that hard to have the system repackage the ships that people had and deposit the items back into the person's hangar.
this would go for either described case, mine or yours, also it doesn't matter how a person got their items whether it was via plex or not, it is the point that people put forth time and effort into a certain area only to have that set aside by the devs when such changes are made.

Lastly I would caution taking a statement of desire (for smaller changes that don't put so many people into a bind) as someone being butthurt, or feeling slighted as that's not the case at all in most comments of this nature.

o/
Celly Smunt

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Grenn Putubi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#646 - 2014-05-15 04:03:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Grenn Putubi
I know I'm coming late to this party, but I'm wondering if anyone's figured out how the shift from yield bonuses to duration bonuses on the barges is going to affect how they stack with gang links. My understanding of the system leads me to believe that the duration gang link will be less effective after the changes because it's going to have to stack with the ship bonuses to duration, probably leading to a net loss in effectiveness over all, and more so from the Cov/Hulk since they're the ones meant for fleet mining ops.

I also have to question the shift to duration bonuses without considering how that's going to affect barge cap use. Depending on your skills the Hulk may already be riding the line on cap stability, if the duration on the miners gets even smaller it could mean that players may not be able to create a stable fit for fleet activty without the gang link that reduces cap use. Today very few fleets run with that gang link because it's a slot better used for a tanking link, after these changes that module may become a necesity for fleet ops to ensure their miners don't run dry on cap.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#647 - 2014-05-15 11:56:55 UTC
Grenn Putubi wrote:
I know I'm coming late to this party, but I'm wondering if anyone's figured out how the shift from yield bonuses to duration bonuses on the barges is going to affect how they stack with gang links. My understanding of the system leads me to believe that the duration gang link will be less effective after the changes because it's going to have to stack with the ship bonuses to duration, probably leading to a net loss in effectiveness over all, and more so from the Cov/Hulk since they're the ones meant for fleet mining ops.

I also have to question the shift to duration bonuses without considering how that's going to affect barge cap use. Depending on your skills the Hulk may already be riding the line on cap stability, if the duration on the miners gets even smaller it could mean that players may not be able to create a stable fit for fleet activty without the gang link that reduces cap use. Today very few fleets run with that gang link because it's a slot better used for a tanking link, after these changes that module may become a necesity for fleet ops to ensure their miners don't run dry on cap.



There's no stacking penalty (as far as I'm aware) with the time reduction. So it'll have a similar effect. One benefit is if you're not paying attention to roid content, you'll lose less yield (shorter, lower yield cycles, with similar yield overall)

Cap stability is a concern (stagger your lasers) but until I try them out, I can't say how much.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Bramin Allerum
Backup Strategy
#648 - 2014-05-15 12:10:12 UTC

One issue I can forsee is this:

Skiff:
Will be the new "highsec" afk mining boat, since you just deploy drones and afk mine. Gankers would need to bring 2-3 ships to take it down.

Mack:

The mack would propably not drop in usage, since it has a fairly large ore hold it would remain the main miner in high, along side with the new skiff.
Because you can mine for a much longer timer, and not worry about jumping to station, to unload, the Mack will be the main one to use.

Hulk:

As it has been since you decided to change the hulk, this ship will be scarce to see in highsec/low/null. The very low tank it has will allow a 2-3 month char, in a destroyer, to kill it effortless in highsec. The priceloss for the miner is staggering(several hundred millions), whereas the loss on the new char is a minor change to security status and a new destroyer(which is less that a million).
One of the issues with the hulk is that the risk/reward on it is just not worth it. The difference in yield is fairly low, compared to the other barges. Considering it only has 2 low slots, compared to 3 lows on the other ships.
If the hulk is supposed to be "king of the hill" in mining, shouldn't it be improved in such a way as to have sustainability in the belt, and a mucher higher effectiveness in yield as well?

Ggeneral thoughts:

For a miner it is all about the isk/hour ratio. The longer you can mine in a belt, and not use time warping to and from a station, is the best for a miner.

As it is now, and in summer patch, the skiff/mack, will be able to sustain mining in belts with little to no effort. Ganks will drop drasticly in highsec, because it is more expensive for the attacker. However, the hulk will still be nowhere to be seen in high, since it can be blown up by a blasterfitted destroyer with little ease. Low-sec/Null-sec will show more use of the skiff/mack since the drone bonus will just make a massive difference, and since the tank/ore hold will be more or less unchanged, there is no reason to switch to the massively expencive Hulk.

When you mine in highsec without a hauler to help out, you are more or less forced to jump to station every once in a while to empty your ore hold.
Each "unloading process" to the station, takes about 2 minutes time. Warptime -> Unload in interface -> undock and warp back. my record is about 2 mins in finanar.
A skiff/mack, would take about 5/9 cycles before it needs to warp to station to dump the ore.
The Hulk would only be able to do 2 cycles, before it has to unload in station. This would mean that every 2-3 cycles(1 cycle is about 180 seconds), you would nee to fly to station to unload, compared to every 5/9 cycles(900/1720 seconds).
The time used on "warpin, and warpout" would mean that every hour, about 30 minutes is used in moving your ship back and forth. Which means that you effectively get only 30 mins of mining.

The numbers are not entirely correct, since you have implants and bonuses and such. However. If you do that math, you will realize that the Hulk is not a viable mining ship unless you have 2 of them and an Orca as a minimum.

As it is now, only few mine in hulks(brave or stupid), because it is a juicy target you can kill very quickly, and the penalty for doing so is fairly low(because of the mechanics of eve).

Anywho.. thats all I have to say atm.
Aureus Ahishatsu
Deadspace Knights
#649 - 2014-05-15 14:16:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Aureus Ahishatsu
This
Bramin Allerum wrote:

When you mine in highsec without a hauler to help out, you are more or less forced to jump to station every once in a while to empty your ore hold.


and this

Bramin Allerum wrote:

The numbers are not entirely correct, since you have implants and bonuses and such. However. If you do that math, you will realize that the Hulk is not a viable mining ship unless you have 2 of them and an Orca as a minimum.



I believe means the hulk is fitting EXACTLY into the nitch CCP wanted it to. It's a fleet ship..... Designed to be most useful in large mining ops. If you don't think they exist in HS i suggest going to some of the nearest .5 systems to JITA there are european corps there that will clean out entire systems of ore before 12 noon even hits in the American timezone. (one of the benefits of having full rocks right after downtime but that's another discussion).

Although i do agree that they should increase the ore bay slightly so that you have a 4 min cycle between bay empties as opposed to the current roughly 2 min (with bonuses). however it is filling it's role quite well as a fleet ship. You can't make the most isk running PVE solo. It requires a fleet (incursions). What motivation would there be if you could make almost as much mining solo as in a fleet?
Ben Hatton
Guns-R-Us Toy Company
Weapons Of Mass Production.
#650 - 2014-05-16 05:08:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Hatton
Bramin Allerum wrote:


When you mine in highsec without a hauler to help out, you are more or less forced to jump to station every once in a while to empty your ore hold.
Each "unloading process" to the station, takes about 2 minutes time. Warptime -> Unload in interface -> undock and warp back. my record is about 2 mins in finanar.
A skiff/mack, would take about 5/9 cycles before it needs to warp to station to dump the ore.
The Hulk would only be able to do 2 cycles, before it has to unload in station. This would mean that every 2-3 cycles(1 cycle is about 180 seconds), you would nee to fly to station to unload, compared to every 5/9 cycles(900/1720 seconds).
The time used on "warpin, and warpout" would mean that every hour, about 30 minutes is used in moving your ship back and forth. Which means that you effectively get only 30 mins of mining.

The numbers are not entirely correct, since you have implants and bonuses and such. However. If you do that math, you will realize that the Hulk is not a viable mining ship unless you have 2 of them and an Orca as a minimum.

As it is now, only few mine in hulks(brave or stupid), because it is a juicy target you can kill very quickly, and the penalty for doing so is fairly low(because of the mechanics of eve).

Anywho.. thats all I have to say atm.


As per the guy before me, I think you misunderstand the Hulks purpose. Its not intended for solo mining and indeed is only economically viable when you have at least 3 + Orca as its meant to be a fleet ship. The Mack is for solos, and Skiff for tanky perhaps riskier solo.
Aliastra Cruentatus
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#651 - 2014-05-16 22:19:16 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:


HULK

Mining Barge Bonus per level:
+5% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester optimal range
-4% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

Exhumer Bonus per level:
+4% Shield resistances
-3% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 2L;
Fittings: 40(+5) PWG, 310(+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 2200 / 1800 / 2000
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 625 / 187.5s / 3.33
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 140(+70) / 0.46(+0.234) / 30,000,000(-10,000,000) / 19.13s(-5.58s)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50 / 50
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 35km(+12.5km) / 660 / 7
Sensor strength: 12(+4)
Signature radius: 200(+50)
Ore Bay: 8500m3

Let us know what you think!

Current bonuses:

4% bonus to shield resistance
6% strip miner yield
4% ice harvest reduction

vs
+5% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester optimal range
+4% Shield resistances
-7% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

So hulk gets 1% more LOL
Still gonna stick to mackinaw. 8500m3 is too little to use hulk unless you using just one account and want some action with flipping cans every second cycle
Unknown Servent
Kanawa Interstellar Orbital Procurement
#652 - 2014-05-16 23:08:54 UTC
I myself like the fact that the hulk is getting better range and yield. I see a lot of people opting out of the hulk as a great fleet mining ship.... I disagree currently I run a fleet of 4 hulks with maxed out skills and t2 fittings with a full boosting orca and freighter support. I can make close to 800 million isk a day in 6 hours of mining in a high sec system .6 to .9 with no issues.
I never afk mine and keep my eye out ..all it takes
Tyrrax Thorrk
Guiding Hand Social Club
#653 - 2014-05-17 00:04:14 UTC
Procurer changes aren't enough to get people to fly them, more buffs ! or nerf mackinaws further ;P
Grenn Putubi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#654 - 2014-05-17 03:30:54 UTC
Aliastra Cruentatus wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:


HULK

Mining Barge Bonus per level:
+5% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester optimal range
-4% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

Exhumer Bonus per level:
+4% Shield resistances
-3% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

Slot layout: 3H, 4M, 2L;
Fittings: 40(+5) PWG, 310(+10) CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 2200 / 1800 / 2000
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 625 / 187.5s / 3.33
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 140(+70) / 0.46(+0.234) / 30,000,000(-10,000,000) / 19.13s(-5.58s)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50 / 50
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 35km(+12.5km) / 660 / 7
Sensor strength: 12(+4)
Signature radius: 200(+50)
Ore Bay: 8500m3

Let us know what you think!

Current bonuses:

4% bonus to shield resistance
6% strip miner yield
4% ice harvest reduction

vs
+5% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester optimal range
+4% Shield resistances
-7% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

So hulk gets 1% more LOL
Still gonna stick to mackinaw. 8500m3 is too little to use hulk unless you using just one account and want some action with flipping cans every second cycle


I think you missed the Role Bonus for the Mackinaw being changed to only 25% increase in yield, so it counts as having only 2.5 strip miners on it. The Hulk will have 3 strips, so that's quite a bit more than 1% over the Mack or the Skiff. In essence they're nerfing the yield on the Mack and the Skiff to allow the Hulk's current yield to stand out from the pack more.
Blastcaps Madullier
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#655 - 2014-05-17 13:44:02 UTC
question I have is when are people going to be able to use the strip miners as improvised weapons? :) atm their only usable on asteroids, but given their very strong lasers end of the day, how come they cant be used as improvised weapons in regards to if you get attacked? :) if you were to get grabbed irl know you were going to die etc would you keep trying to run away or would you turn around and hit the one holding you? simple answer is nope you'd turn around and try and free yourself, and use anything to hand to try to do so, so why cant you use the strip miners as imporvised weapons? :) it's not like they can be used by any other ships other than a barge/exhumer....
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#656 - 2014-05-17 15:26:32 UTC
Blastcaps Madullier wrote:
question I have is when are people going to be able to use the strip miners as improvised weapons? :) atm their only usable on asteroids, but given their very strong lasers end of the day, how come they cant be used as improvised weapons in regards to if you get attacked? :) if you were to get grabbed irl know you were going to die etc would you keep trying to run away or would you turn around and hit the one holding you? simple answer is nope you'd turn around and try and free yourself, and use anything to hand to try to do so, so why cant you use the strip miners as imporvised weapons? :) it's not like they can be used by any other ships other than a barge/exhumer....


"Let's see, what did I mine this cycle… here are some random bits of salvage, pod goo… Is that an arm? Yeah, I think that's an arm."

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Flashmala
BlackWatch Industrial Group
Northern Coalition.
#657 - 2014-05-17 19:19:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Flashmala
So I drove all three Exhumers on Sisi this morning...

I'm getting unboosted, max skill cycle duration of 145.8s on the Skiff and Mackinaw, and 122.4s on the Hulk.

This is intended?


***Re-posted in https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4606328#post4606328***

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone.

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#658 - 2014-05-18 14:33:27 UTC
Flashmala wrote:
So I drove all three Exhumers on Sisi this morning...

I'm getting unboosted, max skill cycle duration of 145.8s on the Skiff and Mackinaw, and 122.4s on the Hulk.

This is intended?


***Re-posted in https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4606328#post4606328***


read the bonuses....

HULK

Mining Barge Bonus per level:
+5% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester optimal range
-4% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration

Exhumer Bonus per level:
+4% Shield resistances
-3% Strip Miner and Ice Harvester duration
Atum
Eclipse Industrials
Quantum Forge
#659 - 2014-05-18 19:29:30 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Blastcaps Madullier wrote:
question I have is when are people going to be able to use the strip miners as improvised weapons? :) atm their only usable on asteroids, but given their very strong lasers end of the day, how come they cant be used as improvised weapons in regards to if you get attacked? :) if you were to get grabbed irl know you were going to die etc would you keep trying to run away or would you turn around and hit the one holding you? simple answer is nope you'd turn around and try and free yourself, and use anything to hand to try to do so, so why cant you use the strip miners as imporvised weapons? :) it's not like they can be used by any other ships other than a barge/exhumer....


"Let's see, what did I mine this cycle… here are some random bits of salvage, pod goo… Is that an arm? Yeah, I think that's an arm."

I proposed or supported something like this years ago, and still do. I also think the results of such a cycle should be just that, all sorts of random jetsam and flotsam. The damage done by the mining lasers should generally be laughable (single or low double-digits), but every now and then, you "roll a crit" and devastate some major system, say completely tapping out the capacitor, causing all target locks to fail for maybe 2-3 seconds, or triggering an e-warp in some random direction. Point being that a mining laser shouldn't be able to kill another ship (after all, ships are refined minerals, versus compacted space-dust), but they could certainly do weird things when used in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturer's labeling :)
Darkblad
Doomheim
#660 - 2014-05-18 20:01:53 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Grenn Putubi wrote:
[...]
I also have to question the shift to duration bonuses without considering how that's going to affect barge cap use. Depending on your skills the Hulk may already be riding the line on cap stability, if the duration on the miners gets even smaller it could mean that players may not be able to create a stable fit for fleet activty without the gang link that reduces cap use. Today very few fleets run with that gang link because it's a slot better used for a tanking link, after these changes that module may become a necesity for fleet ops to ensure their miners don't run dry on cap.
There's no stacking penalty (as far as I'm aware) with the time reduction. So it'll have a similar effect. One benefit is if you're not paying attention to roid content, you'll lose less yield (shorter, lower yield cycles, with similar yield overall)

Cap stability is a concern (stagger your lasers) but until I try them out, I can't say how much.
I did some best guesswork in EFT on on the capacitor topic some posts ago in this thread. It's not that bad - on paper.

NPEISDRIP