These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Anti Gankers? Who? What? Where? Any ACTUALLY serious people?

Author
Haedonism Bot
Revolutionary Front
#41 - 2014-04-14 18:33:00 UTC
The Anti-ganker channel is called Anti-ganking. It's an open channel, so feel free to join but expect to be perma-banned the first time you open your mouth to say anything other than "grrr gankers". Your assessment of the channel was right on - at any given moment there are about 20 of the self righteous "gankers are bad people in real life" crowd, and the other hundred or so people are ganker alts, there to spy and to have a chuckle at the silly bears.

www.everevolutionaryfront.blogspot.com

Vote Sabriz Adoudel and Tora Bushido for CSMX. Keep the Evil in EVE!

Solecist Project
#42 - 2014-04-14 18:37:00 UTC
Anslo wrote:
I don't think they had a formal name, but I remember this group who roamed jita in battle indys and ganked gankers while repping gank targets up and escorting them to safety.

Vigilante bears, best bears.
I'm impressed .........
It's kind of sad that these stories don't get known more publicly.



Haedonism Bot wrote:
The Anti-ganker channel is called Anti-ganking. It's an open channel, so feel free to join but expect to be perma-banned the first time you open your mouth to say anything other than "grrr gankers". Your assessment of the channel was right on - at any given moment there are about 20 of the self righteous "gankers are bad people in real life" crowd, and the other hundred or so people are ganker alts, there to spy and to have a chuckle at the silly bears.
Well I found one of these channels and it's locked. Invitation only.

"Yours", though, is open.


Makes me wonder.


Thanks!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Serene Repose
#43 - 2014-04-14 18:41:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
What a serious waste of bandwidth this is. Though, it's kind of interesting to read something by
a narcissist with an insecurity complex. Well, up to the fourth or fifth sentence anyway.

We're going to have to hike this bad boy up to four Yawns; yawn yawn yawn yawn. It doesn't rate a scratch.
I'm even wondering why I allowed it to delay my second cup of coffee.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Anslo
Scope Works
#44 - 2014-04-14 18:43:35 UTC
^That's why people don't bother posting anti-gank stories, Sol.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Solecist Project
#45 - 2014-04-14 18:55:05 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
What a serious waste of bandwidth this is. Though, it's kind of interesting to read something by
a narcissist with an insecurity complex. Well, up to the fourth or fifth sentence anyway.

We're going to have to hike this bad boy up to four Yawns; yawn yawn yawn yawn. It doesn't rate a scratch.
I'm even wondering why I allowed it to delay my second cup of coffee.

You should look up what psychological projection is.


Anslo wrote:
^That's why people don't bother posting anti-gank stories, Sol.

*nods*

It's sad, but people shouldn't let themselves get discouraged by haters.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

bareface
Omni Management System
#46 - 2014-04-14 19:13:02 UTC
I have done a bit of anti ganking. It's actually quite fun. I don't go looking for gankers, but when the opportunity arises...

I usually bait gankers sitting on a gate catching pimped mission runners.

If they have a scanning alt outside of a station, I load up a golem with as many faction and deadspace modules as possible. After I've been scanned, I'll pretend to run a mission or 2 in system (just warp someplace and sit a while). Usually when I return to the station, the scanning alt is gone ( heading to a gate to scoop up the loot of my soon dead golem). I then refit in station with an all tank setup and lots of tractors/salvagers in the highs. I then use an agent locater to find out which adjacent system gate they are camping. It's then as easy as flying through the gate and scooping up the wrecks of 3-5 tornados. An easy 50 mil for 10 minutes work.

Just like ganking, anti ganking doesn't have to be about the tears. It can be quite profitable.
Solecist Project
#47 - 2014-04-14 19:25:37 UTC
bareface wrote:
I have done a bit of anti ganking. It's actually quite fun. I don't go looking for gankers, but when the opportunity arises...

I usually bait gankers sitting on a gate catching pimped mission runners.

If they have a scanning alt outside of a station, I load up a golem with as many faction and deadspace modules as possible. After I've been scanned, I'll pretend to run a mission or 2 in system (just warp someplace and sit a while). Usually when I return to the station, the scanning alt is gone ( heading to a gate to scoop up the loot of my soon dead golem). I then refit in station with an all tank setup and lots of tractors/salvagers in the highs. I then use an agent locater to find out which adjacent system gate they are camping. It's then as easy as flying through the gate and scooping up the wrecks of 3-5 tornados. An easy 50 mil for 10 minutes work.

Just like ganking, anti ganking doesn't have to be about the tears. It can be quite profitable.
Awesome! :D

You are doing it right! :D


May I ask where this happens/happened?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

bareface
Omni Management System
#48 - 2014-04-14 19:50:04 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:


Awesome! :D

You are doing it right! :D


May I ask where this happens/happened?


This can be done at just about any fairly busy mission hub. Just scan killboards for high sec mission ganks to find out where they are active.

Another way that I've recently baited a few suiciders is with blockade runners. Some people shoot any blockade runner that they can target moving through high sec. I guess the reason being that because they can't be cargo scanned, they might contain some really valuable goods.

A lot bloackade runners get lazy in high sec and don't warp cloaked. Most people fit their blockade runners with MWD's and nanofibers or cargo expanders. No serious tank. Most suicide gankers don't even bother scanning these ships fittings. A solo ganker can usually take them out no problem. When I see someone doing this, I slap a 40k ehp tank on my blockade runner and head on through. I scoop up the gankers loot and go on my way. Sometimes I'll run through with an alt or two later that day for a few more laughs.

Although it can be fun, this method of baiting gankers isn't usually worth your time.
Gogela
Freeport Exploration
Loosely Affiliated Pirates Alliance
#49 - 2014-04-14 20:11:10 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Gogela wrote:
Well... you have to kind of expect this, what with so many people ganking anymore. I've encountered a lot of "anti-gankers"... a lot of times it's people who are gankers themselves trying to discourage competition. When the gankers on my gate get too thick, I'll do the same. Float 200km off the gate in a cloaked hauler so I can ninja their kill... switch my Tornado to "kill yellow flashy" mode to pop their loot grabber. No matter what you do in eve, there's going to be someone out there who just wants to f*** up your game. There's always that push and pull, in everything. It's fine. For every tactic there's a counter tactic, and for every counter tactic there's yet another counter tactic. No sense crying about it. Just adapt and try to destroy your enemies.
Your post is a bit weird and sounds more like a personal issue than actually adressing my questions. :)

Anyhow, thanks for your contribution, Gogela.

I assumed the answers would be clear. Will try again.

What's the goal?
There isn't necessarily any one goal: Grieving gankers. Discouraging competition. Looting for profit. All good goals.

What are they trying to protect? Miners only or other ships too?
Their own interests usually, sometimes the anti-gankers want to be white nights, sometimes nothing at all.

System wide action? Whole constellations? Are there "protected" regions?
In the case of those wanting to thin out ganking competition I can say yes. Check out Jita/Perimeter gate down past Nairja for an example of an entire route "claimed" by a certain ganker with a zillion accounts.

Is there a group with actually larger following?
If by "larger following" you mean guys with 100 accounts than "yes". Pod Repo might count too...

Any religious RP types?
Yah. They play WAY too much internet spaceships.

Only self righteous losers or actually people who can be taken seriously?
How seriously can you take anyone playing video games? All of the above.

Are there actual PR efforts and if so, why don't I know of it?
No.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Solecist Project
#50 - 2014-04-14 20:30:08 UTC
Gogela wrote:
Is there a group with actually larger following?
If by "larger following" you mean guys with 100 accounts than "yes". Pod Repo might count too...

Any religious RP types?
Yah. They play WAY too much internet spaceships.

Only self righteous losers or actually people who can be taken seriously?
How seriously can you take anyone playing video games? All of the above.

Are there actual PR efforts and if so, why don't I know of it?
No.

That's a far better response. Thank you.

You're saying that there are isboxing antigankers around?


What's Pod Repo?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

MotherSammy
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-04-14 20:35:54 UTC
Oh the anti-ganking channel. That's the place where every new order alt hangs out with a bunch of AFK miners.
Solecist Project
#52 - 2014-04-14 20:37:12 UTC
MotherSammy wrote:
Oh the anti-ganking channel. That's the place where every new order alt hangs out with a bunch of AFK miners.
Yeah that's pretty much a no-brainer. :)

Also ... Hi! Nice of you to post here! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Obvious Cyno
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2014-04-14 21:29:24 UTC
Your character looks like skrillex with HIV.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#54 - 2014-04-14 21:48:34 UTC
i tried to gank the gankers, when they realize someone with guns is after them they dock.....and stay docked, because apparently its not fair

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Solecist Project
#55 - 2014-04-14 22:07:07 UTC
Agondray wrote:
i tried to gank the gankers, when they realize someone with guns is after them they dock.....and stay docked, because apparently its not fair
Then I guess you got lucky with finding noobs who don't really know what to do.

Still ... +1 for the effort.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#56 - 2014-04-14 22:08:22 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:


It's sad, but people shouldn't let themselves get discouraged by haters.


Especially not the gankers. After all, besides Goons, who gets more hate in this game than gankers?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Solecist Project
#57 - 2014-04-14 22:12:27 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:


It's sad, but people shouldn't let themselves get discouraged by haters.


Especially not the gankers. After all, besides Goons, who gets more hate in this game than gankers?
That's true.

Gankers are the single most hated beings ... unless we can turn that somehow around.

Imagine we could make gankers hate anti-gankers so much,
they start whinethreads on the forums about how unfair things are etc etc.


... wouldn't that be hilarious? :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Pix Severus
Empty You
#58 - 2014-04-14 22:12:46 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
There's the New Order.
What's the opposite?


The Old Chaos.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Winchester Steele
#59 - 2014-04-14 22:17:56 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Anti-gankers try to stop gankers (like the name suggests). The better ones use ECM to drop a gankers targets mid-gank so they get concorded for nothing, but some do run around shooting at gankers where they can. There are chat channels and they are full of spies, but for the most part the channels are there to exchange info, like gankers alts for warpins and whatnot and some areas where gankers are operating, etc. There's not much spies can do in those channels as all info is taken with a pinch of salt, it just gives a central location to pool info.

Thanks for this.

Nothing new, but that's okay.

Are there any actual serious ones too or only those who restrict themselves to miner protection?

I consider this to be pointless rbh, but can't exclude them from information gathering.


I never see him any more, but a guy called The Saint Tsero used to cause us some trouble in his Falcon. He was amazingly good at figuring out which miner we were going to gank even when using cloaky warpins. There were a couple of others, but since he was always around when they were, I assume they were his alts, but could be wrong. But if The Saint was around, ganking miners was going to be a lot tougher.

I think his secret was that he was just as dedicated as we are. He wasn't thinking about the isk/hr he was losing by sitting in his Falcon for hours. He didn't start watching youtube videos just because there wasn't any action for 10min. And above all, I think he did it because it was fun, not because he was really interested in helping miners.



I remember some months ago, having to haul ass and get an Orca gank off real quick because The Saint was 10 jumps out and closing. That guy was awesome.

...

El Geo
Warcrows
Shattered Foundations
#60 - 2014-04-14 22:24:20 UTC